View Single Post
Old 08-02-2010, 05:02 PM
Animal Lover

eric84 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Potty Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by meiers View Post
Hi Eric

Let me get this straight... so now u want to housebreak ur JRT indoor?

I'd suggest, if you want him pee poo in the toilet, take the cage and block the toilet entry with the cage door facing inside the toilet. Lay some newspaper on the toilet floor... leave him there while u get ready for work.

If your toilet is large... do block off the extra areas with cardboard boxes etc... you don't want to make him wondering around the toilet and forget why he's there in the first place.

When he pee poo on the newspaper, you can praise him, and give him a treat, then let him run around awhile.

This training worked for my schnauzer only took her 1 week to learn how to pee on paper, and about 1 month for poo... lol! abit slow on that... dunu why. After a horrible 1 week... I didn't have to worry about wiping pee off the floor anymore.
Thanks for the info. But my JRT is a disaster. He bites almost everything he has with his mouth. We've tried putting newspaper, mats, and even those pads. He end up chewing it up. The grass part seemed successful until recently dunno why he dun do it outside. Only pee indoors everywhere, but not outside.. sigh!!