View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: ... our Dog Whisperess? What is this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miket View Post
My dear FurKids

Before you go any further with accusations of "off-target imagination", let me just say you obviously have read Evan's 'Horse Whisperer' and did not understand a single thing? It's called natural horsemanship.

In the words of Nicholas Evans, author of Horse Whisperer:
"...Probably for as long as man and horses have known each other, there have always been people who seemed to know what was going on inside a horse's head. Sometimes they were seen as witches and some were even burned at the stake because when a horse went berserk, it was thought the devil was in him and, by extension, anyone who could expel the devil must, it was thought, have some kind of magic power." (my emphasis)

So, still think it's my imagination? Or, is it your ignorance of horsemanship history?

Should you be so flippant about using words like 'cat whisperer' and the like? Instead of sipping teh tarik and looking cool, you're better off learning not just animal training, but history too. Here's the source of the quote: http://nicholasevans.com/faq/faq.asp

Finally, you can stop your bleeding heart lines about cats. Doesn't work on me. Whispering will not help cats either. Only knowledgeable owners will. You might want to try to be one? That might help the cats you're trying to save.

Stay warm and well.

best regards
miket
Miket, lu apa sakit dan apa gigit sama lu ahhhh? Apasal your suhu sonang panjat upstairs aje? Stay COOOOL, dude! Kalau tak leh tahan differences in opinions, tak usah masuk gelanggang le, bang oiiii!!!!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies