View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

Hi, Khengteik, nice to hear from you, my adult awareness education supporter friend .... ya lor, saya pun kena tempeling like mad by those "you-know-who-who" who by now should be eating humble pie at Pulau Ketam ..... aiyohhh, how those poor, poor PK dogs suffered because of this stubborn resistance to change!!!

I got so tired of telling the "sudah basi" story of how my neighour's kids came home from the padang after playing in the playground with some newborn kittens who eyes pun belum buka thrown in the garbage heap like some rubbish and they rescued the poor kittens afraid that roaming stray dogs looking for food there at night will eat them up.

So together with the maid, they took good care of the kittens, putting them in a clean box line with a nice warm fluffy towel, and fed them, sayang-sayang and stroking them, feeling absolutely proud of themselves, thinking they had done a very good deed. Malaysia boleh, ma!

In an about turn, later in the evening, the parents returned from work. Hah! They scolded the kids right and left for doing what they termed a "stuuuuuuupid" thing that they say no one else would do! They then drove off in the car at night and left the box of poor screaming kittens along some roadside in the midst of heavy rain! No prizes for guessing what happened to them ... and no, SPCA did not appear like magic to scoop them up .....

Justice4pets, that is the output and outcome of pure children education minus adult education for you ....

Anyway, Khengteik, Dr. Chan Kah Yein and her team is doing precisely what we talk about at http://www.myanimalcare.org/search/label/About%20AnimalCare" : TNR intead of killing healthy animals and Adult Awareness Education in the community.

They put the successful Singapore Bukit Merah Projek report on their website for all to read ... like the successful Hong Kong SPCA activities I mentioned and what other modern, humane non-kill SPCA shelters around the world are doing instead of kill-kill-kill but still cannot bring down the strays population (but those SPCA kuncus belted basketful rotten tomatoes and eggs at us) ... in hindsight, hahahhahhaaaaaaa !!!! (but with a deep sadness in the heart for the animals because at the end of the day, they are the ones suffering)

Khengteik, for the animals, our spirits are beaten (even by "you-know-who-who-hypocrites") but not crushed, we are down but not out ......
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 08-18-2009 at 09:22 AM.