View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: soal-jawab agama: neutering & spaying

Hi

I'm interested in this particular topic because I wish to learn too.

So what was the outcome of the "Verdict" ?

Most of the Q n A are handled well and beautifully here, Kudos to those who took the trouble to seek out information and post it here.

I'm quite grateful that this is posted here as it will means more awareness towards spaying and neutering of homeless animals/companion animals that will help to eventually reduce the suffering of these animals to a certain extent.

I'm not sure whether my post will add value but i just wish to share. A few months back (maybe3-4 months or more), I got in touch with Jakim through their website and posted a similar question, asking their opinion and guidance on whether spaying/neutering of companion animals i.e. pets like cats/dogs especially cats in particular is allowed under Islam. They replied that it is "diharuskan" untuk menjaga muslamat ummah.

well, i don't quite understand fully what "menjaga muslamat ummah" means but am sastified with the answer. It is important to me because in the early days of my rescue work and several interested parties who are muslims lost interest after i mentioned the condition of adopting is to neuter/spay the kittens. I was happy that Jakim took the trouble to reply to my query and for ensuring they reply to me in the shortest time possible. I had since posted the reply at my pets' profile page and thought no more of it until this thread came up.

I learned quite a lot through this thread and especially what it means by "menjaga muslamat ummah".

I'd say it is also timely as all of us can do with "re-education" time and time again.

Thumbs up for this thread