View Single Post
Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spay & Neuter Programe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Hi All,

This topic has been discussed for quite a long time now and since no one has taken any actions whatsoever...

For your information, June would rather walk behind the scene and let the 'RESULT'S speak for itself rather than all talk but no action.
Hi, Nurul --

First let me congratulation you, June and Ramzee for making this effort! Every animal -- stray and pet -- that we can spay and neuter represents a victory in keeping the homeless population under control. Great work you're doing!

I'm not sure I understand, though, what you mean when you say that no one has taken any actions whatsoever. A lot of people are working very hard in the spay/neuter campaign. Dr. Chan Kah Yein, for example, founded an NGO to raise awareness and sponsor spay/neuter for stray animals. Alicia Ling Horsley and Jimmy Lee both rescue and neuter strays, as do many of the PF rescuers that I know of. Many more PF members donate time and money to animal welfare organisations, including SPCA.

Again, I really applaud what you've accomplished by working with Klinik Kembiri, and I think your idea to start raising awareness within our local communities is excellent! I just want to be spread some credit wherever it is due -- both to you and to everyone who is working to improve the lives of animals in Malaysia. And please forgive me if I misunderstood your post -- I wish you nothing but the best success!