View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 10:28 PM
Fast & Furry

CatMother is on a distinguished road
Default Shiraz, gone but will always be remembered

It's been 3-days since Shiraz left us. He was 9-months old. One of the 6 kids of Lola & Angelo. The soft & quiet one, humble and obedient and very loyal. He would greet me when I'm home and always show his affection by curling around my ankles whenever I'm getting ready to work everyday. Among all, he was the passive one. Not very active but still playful. I should've known his weakness but now it's too late

On Thursday 23rd December 2010 night when I reached home at 9pm, I spotted him at his favorite corner, not moving and wheezing. His breathing was heavy as if there was something in his throat. His ears were cold & his nose was dry. I knew something was wrong & tried my best to feed him & gave him water. He refused. All I could do was to wait til sunrise to rush him to the vet.

Friday morning, his condition worsen. I didn't know what to do but rushed him to the vet in Cheras. They told me to bring him straight to UPM vet instead, so I did. Reached there around 9.30am & he was in the emergency right away. An hour passed and the vet was telling me that his chance to survive is less than 50%. The cause of his breathing difficulty was unknown, as the x-ray service was still not ready yet.

At 10.45am, the vet told me told me that they need to ward him for a night for monitoring & hopefully within few days he would be fine. But, as she saying this, she added to be prepared for the worst. I was confident at first that he would be alright coz he had the fighting spirit (I knew this coz when the vet took his blood sample, he was still able to move his tail & grab my finger - I was holding his paw all along) . So I waited at the counter to prepare for payment etc. Not even a minute later, the vet came back & asked us to follow her. We went in. She asked to wait. Then she came back & said "he just passed away"

At that point of time, I don't care anything or anyone around me & burst into tears. I couldn't feel myself. I was terribly devastated. My heart was like on the floor. When I went into the ward, I saw his lifeless body with his eyes still opened as if he was waiting for us til his last breath. His body was still warm, but his mouth, tongue & skin looked blueish. I did not know the cause of death until now. And that still a question only he could answer.

We brought him back & buried him in front of the condo area on Christmas day. It's hard to let go and I still couldn't believe that he's now gone.

I just wanna share the following poem with everyone in here & hope that Shiraz finds peace in Heaven & one day we'll reunite forever. He is deeply missed by all, his brothers & sisters. Mummy, Daddy, Mama Lola, Papa Angelo, Uncle Wawang, Deq2, Nermal, Gabby, Minnie Moe, Flower Girl, not forgetting Uncle Peanut, Uncle Titi, Auntie Notty & Grandpa Jonnie miss you Shiraz boy. Love you forever & Mummy regrets that we didn't spend much time on the last few days before you're gone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who have been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except one thing- they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one stops and suddenly looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent, his eager body begins to quiver. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face. Your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then together, you and your special pet cross THE RAINBOW BRIDGE.

--Paul C. Dahm

**TO OUR BELOVED SON, BROTHER & BEST FRIEND. SHIRAZ BABY, YOU'LL BE MISSED DEARLY AND WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH. REST IN PEACE. (14TH MAR - 24TH DEC 2010)**
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SHIRAZ.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	10498  

::the 3d clanz::
Everything happens for a reason

Last edited by CatMother; 12-27-2010 at 12:33 AM.