View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 03:53 PM
PetFinder Buddy

syunichi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Milo, Majin and Oren...we love you

It was the rainy weather in Sarawak where most areas are affected with floods and cool windy breeze. Yes, I fed them Vetmaster and it is not affecting them for only 6 from 9 of them are suffering CRF. I lost 3 and managed to save the other 2.

It started when they eat less during the rainy season, they tend to sleep alot, what most of cats do during cold rainy season and I was caught offguard until I saw Majin was drooling badly and the cage immediately smelt like chemical substance. I'm sure it smells like a weak scent of ammonia.

My first guess was fever..what a bad guess that is. Administered antibiotics too late and I lost Majin for my recklessness, and I still don't forgive myself for that mistake.

Second guess was FIV, because I've experienced one last year and it was not new for me. We did a blood test for Milo and it turned out just to be a Virus infection and his kidneys and liver are working fine, just that WBC (white blood count) is too low.

While writing this...I still can't help blaiming myself. I'll continue soon, after I'll cool down and finish most of my work in the office. I'll give my best recommendation to get things to work for us..and encounter the illness before things get ugly.