View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 09:30 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Re: PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Dear People,

The next fun PetFinder.my event will be coming on Nov 2nd, 2008!

SPCA will be organizing the Largest World Animal Day Event in Malaysia:

Date: November 2nd, 2008 (Sunday)
Time: 12pm - 6pm

SPCA has generously offered PetFinder.my a booth at the event. We have yet to finalize our plans, and I want to brainstorm with you guys on what we have to offer. There will be no pets for adoption at our booth - pet showcases will be handled by SPCA and PAWS on that day.

My idea is to bring along a computer or two for people to instantly browse our website and pets available, which also helps to showcase SPCA and PAWS' other pets available for adoption. Our PetFinder flyers will be distributed as well.

Besides that, I am hoping that we can organize some simple games, preferably with some involving pets, and sponsor some nice prizes.

There will be many other interesting activites on that day, i.e.:
  • Launch of Animals Matter To Me
  • "Celebtrating Animals" Photo Exhibition
  • "Kind Kids R Kool Kids!" Coloring Competition (tentative)
  • Star Wars 501st Legion Appearance
  • Dog Agility & Obedience Showcase
  • Dance & Cheerleader Performances (including Groovy the Dancing Dog!)
  • Artists For Animals Showcase
  • Celebrity Photo Session
  • Free Movie Screening : Earthlings
  • Limited Edition WAD tees
  • World Animal Day Goodie Bags

Booths available at the event include:
  • SPCA
  • PAWS
  • PetFinder.my
  • Nestle PURINA (Friskies)
  • Addiction & The Barkery
  • Hand-painted Stones (Suzy)
  • Jaafar Taib's Wildlife Merchandise
  • Petster Magazine
  • Perdana Graphics
  • Style Essentials Groomers
  • Puppy.com.my
  • WWF Malaysia - TBC
  • Yusoff Gajah Paintings - TBC
  • TRAFFIC Malaysia - TBC
  • Sahabat Alam Malaysia - TBC
  • Malaysian Nature Society - TBC
  • MyCat - TBC
  • PetPositive - TBC

Oh, and it's a Pet-Friendly Event!

Members of the public can bring their pets (including dogs) to the KL Tower Terrace. Pets will not be allowed into certain areas (indicated clearly) so as not to inconvenience other visitors. Screening of pets to be done at main entry points – ill, injured, aggressive, and animals with skin diseases, ticks or fleas will not be allowed to enter (UPM Vet students – TBC). All owners MUST clean up after their pets.

We will be discussing the ideas and finalizing it by this week, so necessary preparations can take place asap.

Please throw in your ideas, and let me know for those of you that are free to volunteer for the event!
Hi Andy,

This is Felix The Cat and I read about the above and would like to throw in an idea if it is agreeable to you. For your information, I am the Chairman of our Blackwood group. Every month a group of us pool together to buy cat food from Blackwood at a cheaper price. I had this morning spoken to the Blackwood distributor and he is willing to give our samples of Blackwood Cat and Dog food to the public to try, sell his product by giving the public a 10% discount and also contribute 10% of the sales to SPCA as a donation. If you are agreeable to this, I will discuss further with you and the Blackwood distributor. I am sure this will make the Petfinder booth more interesting. Thanks for your time.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/