View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:11 PM
Animal Lover

feltan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: poodle biting problem

Hi there,

Based on your descreption and here is my opinion.

The good news is you have a smart and high energy dog. Smart dog need to be challenged (psychologically) most of the time. High energy dog need to be challenged physically. Now the question is can you create challenges for him.

First you must stop the bitting. You can try this. Everytime he bites you, you make a loud noise and turn away from him. This to tell him tell if he bites you, you will move aways. You have to do this until he gets the message. Only play with him when you invite him. Not on his wish.

Since he is still 2 months young, it is not recomended you bring him out for exercise or walk. But you can play fetching in your home. throw a toy and ask him to get it back to you and reward with treats.

To challenge him psychologically, you can start teaching him tricks. You can find dog tricks video in youtube. You need to tired him. Let me know you progress.

One more advice. Never treat your dog like a human. Your dog will thank you for that. Other wise you will face the consequences.

I strongly recommend you to watch "The dog whisperer" to understand dog better. Astro National Geographic channel is showing it every Wednesday 10.30pm to 12.30pm. They are showing Season 3. I have a collection of Season 1 to 7 (over 120 episodes). You will becomea better dog owner after watching it. And you will understand why I said never treat your dog like human.Trust me.