View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Thumbs up PetFinder.my - World Animal Day, KL Tower - Nov 2

Dear People,

The next fun PetFinder.my event will be coming on Nov 2nd, 2008!

SPCA will be organizing the Largest World Animal Day Event in Malaysia:

SPCA - KL Tower World Animal Day
Join us at our biggest WAD event yet! Thanks to the good folks at KL Tower, we will be launching our Animals Matter To Me campaign at this event - while celebrating World Animal Day, KL Tower's 11th Anniversary and SPCA's 50th Anniversary!

SPCA - KL Tower World Animal Day
Date: Sunday, 2nd November 2008
Time: 12pm-6pm
Venue: KL Tower Terrace (Menara KL)

Activities & Highlights:

• Puppy.com.my Dog Agility, Obedience & Protection Demo
  • Animals For Adoption (SPCA & PAWS)
  • Launch of Animals Matter To Me Campaign by Minister
  • NGO/ Government Dept Booths (Department of Veterinary Services Malaysia, WWF, TRAFFIC, MyCat, etc)
  • Animal Village (Purina, Rhone Ma, Addiction, The Barkery, Jaafar Taib Wildlife Paintings, Suzy's Stone Paintings, Petster Magazine, petfinder.my, puppy.com.my, "Aesops Fables" Gardner & Wife, Perdana Graphics, Yusoff Gajah, Petalogue, Style Essentials Grooming)
  • "Artists For Animals" Performances (Twilight Action Girl, Hunny Madu, Phlowtron & Nita AF2!)
  • "Earthlings" Movie Screening - Animal Lovers MUST watch this!
  • Cheerleaders, Capoiera, Hip-hop dance performances
  • Interactive Storytelling
  • Special Appearance by Star Wars 50st Legion
  • 200 Free limited edition tees by ActionTinToy for early birds!
  • Get cool eco-friendly goodie bags sponsored by PURINA, The Pet Safari, Addiction, Rhone Ma & The Barkery for a minimum donation of RM 10!
  • Hosted by Canadian hip-hop artist Vandal @ Jason Schadt

It's a Pet Friendly Event! Bring your animal companion along to join in the festivities!

IMPORTANT:
Parking spaces are limited at KL Tower! Please either come early to get a space, or park outside the compound and take a nice 10-min walk up the hill with your pet ! :) Its surrounded by lush forest (watch out for the monkeys!) so it will be a scenic walk up :)

Here are PetFinder.my's activities on that day:

1) Pet Adoption Showcase
2 dedicated computers will be used to showcase our PetFinder.my website and its list of pets for adoption. Interested adopters can contact the rescuers/shelters on the spot. This showcase also complements SPCA and PAWS' adoption drive that day, by featuring a more comprehensive list of their available pets.

2) Photo Hunt Computer Game Contest
We will have 2 laptops dedicated to hosting this Photo Hunt trivia game. Contestants will pay RM5 to play the game, where he has to spot 5 differences in each picture to progress to the next level. The top 2 scorers of each hour will receive a variety of attractive pet products.

3) Sausage-Eating Dog Contest
Each participant's dog will be giving a mixture sausages and can food to eat. Oh, and the owners will also have to munch away at some food simultanously too. The 2 fastest participants to finish their food will receive some really cool prizes! Each game only costs RM10.

100% of the funds collected on the event will be divided equally and given to SPCA and PAWS at the end of the day.

Looking forward to seeing you guys there!

================================================== ===========

Post-Event Update: Nov 3rd, 2008

The event completed successfully, and our booth has received significant attention and participation from the public, thanks to Jacinta for giving us an extremely good location right next to the stage and performance area.

Our Photo Hunt game was very well received by both adults and kids, while the Sausage eating contest was really fun and comical haha... Many visitors were also attracted by the PetFinder pets we showcased at our computers, and we hope that would be followed up with increased adoption rates at PetFinder. Unfortunately, it rained midway through the event, so traffic for the latter half of the day was much less.

We managed to collect donations (collected from the games - Photo Hunt - RM5/game, Sausage Contest - RM10/game) amounting to RM400, which we divided equally and gave to SPCA and PAWS at the end of the event.

I'd like to express my deepest gratitude to the generous and dedicated PetFinder volunteers:

- Yen, for amazingly obtaining all the wonderful sponsored prizes, managing the games, bringing the event's most noticed and talk-about dog, Guru the Afgan Hound;

- Chow, for loaning us a laptop for the games, helping organize all the prizes, and leading the golden retriever to its First Prize in the sausage eating contest;

- Bell, for tirelessly helping run the games, bringing in players for the Photo Hunt and ensuring everything runs smoothly;

- Valerie, for her extreme dedication in promoting PetFinder, our website, games, and her life-saving delicious sandwiches that helped us survive through the hot and tiring hours;

- Shan Hui and Sze Kaye, for their ever so dedicated volunteering in all our events, and running around under the hot sun distributing flyers to visitors;

- and not to forget, all the dearest PetFinder members that have paid us a visit and showered us with moral (and even monetary) support: Mia, Roy, Lynie, Serene, Blackie, Khairena, Alicia, Cazzy, Yin Ling and many more...

Here are some photos of the event... memories that we shall always cherish. Enjoy!

Setting up our PetFinder booth

The stage and performance area, where our booth is strategically located next to

Bell hard at work registering contestants

PetFinder booth against the magnificent KL Tower

Our simple booth setup of computers, brochures and sample pet treats

Participants engrossed in the fun Photo Hunt game

Our booth is a favorite stop for dogs, getting a cold drink from our Pet Cooling Station and lots of yummy tidbits

Andy giving a present to the 1st Prize Photo Hunt winner of the 1st Hour

Bell awarding 2nd Prize to a loyal gamer at our booth

A view of other booths along the terrace

A pair of beautiful huskies visiting the event

Cool Star Wars guys... pity them wearing such thick costumes under the hot scorching sun

Yen and the center of attraction, Guru the Afgan Hound!

The cool DJ and his awesome songs

Owners showing their cute pets on stage (notice Yen and Bell there?)

Performers and their cute doggies

Shan Hui and Guru (everybody's fighting to take photos with Guru!)

Preparing food for the Sausage-Eating Contest

Hungry contestants getting ready for the Sausage-Eating Contest

Ready... Set... GO! Arfff... wrgghhh.... chomp, munch, gulp!

This naughty doggy refuses to taste our food

Help... I can't finish my bunsssssss!

Winner goes to... hungry Chow and the golden retriever!

Arff... I wanna chew my prize!

Second prize goes to Kata the dog!

This noisy monkey must've been jealous of the attention people are giving to the dogs

The skies were darkening mid-way through the event

Two doggies distracted by some delicious food

Shan Hui presenting a prize to a Photo Hunt game winner

The awesome PetFinder team... good show!
(From left: Andy, Valerie, Sze Kaye, Yen (squatting), Shan Hui, Bell and Chow)

Here are 2 short, blurry and shaky videos I took:

A glimpse of the PetFinder booth

The start of our Sausage-eating contest:

Thank you again to everyone that has spent time and effort to make this event a success!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 11-04-2008 at 01:44 AM.