View Single Post
Old 03-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

ruth,
i don't think the issue here is pro-spca or anti-spca. but i can see there are some high emotions where spca is concerned.

and ruth, i have personally experienced what u have experienced below. and i was very, very angry & dis-illusioned, too, when i found out that the helpless young kittens that i had rescued from garbage dumps, cleaned off the fire-ants from their bodies were put to sleep because they required feeding every 2 hours.

but i think our energy & emotion is better reserved for doing what we can, in whatever manner we can (be it time or money), to the best of our ability, to help these strays instead of using it up to bash spca, for i believe that if each of us were to do our own little part, it does make a world of difference to these animals.

and i know of one particular individual animal rescuer out there who even wanted to sell her bungalow in titiwangsa (don't know if it's sold yet) so that she could have more disposable cash to help these strays. she is a great lady!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
why are we not turning to all these supposedly animal welfare organisations? i've tried taking small kittens to spca before and the first word the person uttered when she saw the small fella is pd (certainly not port dickson!). why? for the stupid reason that the fella needed to be fed every few hours and they don't have the manpower to do it. we save, save, save. spca, paws - pd, pd, pd.(certainly not short form for PAID) rescuers don't wish to send rescued animals to spca and paws knowing that it's a death sentence and possibly, hell on earth.