View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 09:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Lynie, you misunderstood the most important thing that we have been saying all along ... SPCA is NOT helping itself when it can and should be doing so!

They can really reduce their so-called "euthanising" of healthy animals if they start doing what their counterparts are doing overseas! Go aggressively step up the TNR efforts and to educate the public through programmes at residents community centres, shopping malls, and other big public avenues, aggressively move to get municipal councils to leave TNRed colonies alone, just like what their counterparts are doing, instead of simply throwing your hands in the air and say that you don't have the powah!

TNRs can effectively reduce the increasing volume of strays and abandoned pets.

There are many good and eager volunteers, tapi if SPCA does not step up the education drive, all the hardworking, self-motivating voluteers pun will die of exhaustion ... more animals coming in, much more coming ... lmusim mengawan oredi, more, more reproduction, more dumping ...less $$ ... finally, no more $$!
Yes furkids i do realize that spca needs to make improvements in their strategy towards improving animal welfare in malaysia. i'm not a complete idiot thank you very much.

what i'm saying is, even with all this bitching and moaning about spca more members of the public should and can also do their part to help. it's everyones responsibility.