View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Cats & Volunteers Wanted!

Hi Guys,

Latest update on the event... There were much more people today, and we had a much better reach thanks to the generous assistance of our volunteers - Cavey Yong, Kim Xiaoyu and their two friends, as well as my friends Shan Hui and Sze Kaye, all tirelessly helping promote the homeless animals.

A rescuer, Alice Lim has assisted Jacqueline Tsang (an active pet rescuer) in bringing 3 of the latter's cats there for adoption. 1 of them was adopted by a gentle and kind-hearted guy, while the other 2 were taken back mid-way through the show as the poor kitties were too frightened by the loud booming music, crowd and hot weather.

Attached is a picture of the adopted Chin (named for the "beard"). She's so brave, and cooly walked around the stalls and played with the crowd haha. We made a blunder though, we all somehow thought Chin was a male (due to her name, looks and behavior) and told that to the adopter, who has confirmed the adoption and will be coming to collect tomorrow. Later in the day, we were bewildered to see that "he" had some crucial missing organ while "he" turned over!

The adopter passed by again, and we quicky told him about it. He was originally worried that the cat would get pregnant, but we told him not to worry as it has already been spayed. Luckily, he maintains his adoption commitment and has made the payment. Thanks, Mr. Amir!

Rescue2Rehome was supposed to be there today but had a car breakdown during the journey, so unfortunately they could not make it. They will be there tomorrow with quite a number of cats.

Our legs have wasted away and I can barely feel mine after 10 hours of gruesome running around and regurgitating the same few sentences like a looping voice recording haha... Gonna go jump onto the bed now to recharge my low battery!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chin.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	70  

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-22-2008 at 03:03 PM.