Thread: Coco
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Animal Lover

Michelle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Coco

Thanks Sam for your sweet testimonials and lovely pictures to be shared to everybody. Michelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by otacon View Post
Hi everyone. I'm the new owner that Michelle was talking about. Just thought to update some things:

Coco has been taken to the vet yesterday. He had an x-ray taken to investigate why he can't use his right front leg. The x-ray revealed nothing, which made the doctor make a conclusion that Coco has a damaged nerve. There is no surgery for this (as far as she tells me), and since Coco is dragging her feet while walking, the right leg will get injured frequently. Hence, she recommends amputation.

I have decided to go for a second opinion, cause amputation is so major and must not be taken lightly. In the mean time, Coco is on medication to stimulate his nerves. It's a long shot, but a shot is better than doing nothing.

Coco is also wearing socks now and confined to my house and the compound. He is not allowed to go out to the tar roads because his leg will get injured by dragging his leg on the rough tar road.

Some pics for you all to see him:

If anybody has a similar experience and managed to overcome it, please let me know what I should do. I would do anything to get Coco's right leg to function again.

Thanks.