Thread: Disappointed
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Disappointed

From what I understand of smfan's post, the lady only wanted to put the dog at SPCA for a day because it was in distress. I guess she was hoping it could receive some treatment from SPCA since it was a Sunday and the vets were closed? Perhaps we should inquire about the nature of the dogs distress before criticizing the lady who wanted to help an animal in need. Thats what we are all here for after all, to promote and improve animal welfare and awareness in our nation.

I understand SPCA is very overworked and overpopulated, but if the lady was willing to take the dog back in a day, what would be the harm in giving the dog a chance? True, some people go back on their word, but some people are genuine too. If the lady didn't pick the dog up in a day or two, then SPCA can carry out its usual procedure. All they lost is 2 days food, and what they gave is 2 days of life to a distressed animal.

Yes, 700 animals being dumped at SPCA a month is horrifying. Thats our fault though, not the animals, and they shouldn't be penalized for our failures as people. Where we can, lets extend a little bit of kindness, and a little bit of effort to make this world a better place.

Lets also appreciate peoples kindness, and try to make it matter, so they will be willing to extend more kindness in the future.