Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Vets & Docs Reviews

Vets & Docs Reviews Discuss, recommend, and review the people providing health care for your pets, ie, the animal docs.

Old 05-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Animal Lover

lsix is on a distinguished road
Default Animal Clinic subang jaya ss14

I brought my little chihuahua there today. I told the doctor, my chihuahua have some insect bites on the face which we want him to check. The doctor doesnt seem like he's interested to help because he was on his computer prior to that. He told us to put her on the table. My dog was terrified and the doctor keep telling us to hold her down and turn her over.
He didnt even bother to calm the dog down or whatnot... He kept trying to push my dog down and turn her over. My dog was struggling. The doctor asked me why cant we control our dog. I told him... I cant because she is terrified. I asked him why do you wanna flip my dog over. He said to check her abdomen. He didnt even inspect the bites on the face to begin with. And the doctor told us that he cant help if we cant control our dog. In other words, told us to leave.
We are totally disappointed with his lack of professionalism as an animal handler.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ss14.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	12401  
Old 05-29-2016, 08:13 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Animal Clinic subang jaya ss14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsix View Post
I brought my little chihuahua there today. I told the doctor, my chihuahua have some insect bites on the face which we want him to check. The doctor doesnt seem like he's interested to help because he was on his computer prior to that. He told us to put her on the table. My dog was terrified and the doctor keep telling us to hold her down and turn her over.
He didnt even bother to calm the dog down or whatnot... He kept trying to push my dog down and turn her over. My dog was struggling. The doctor asked me why cant we control our dog. I told him... I cant because she is terrified. I asked him why do you wanna flip my dog over. He said to check her abdomen. He didnt even inspect the bites on the face to begin with. And the doctor told us that he cant help if we cant control our dog. In other words, told us to leave.
We are totally disappointed with his lack of professionalism as an animal handler.
Hi Isix,

I'm sorry to hear that you had such a stressful, unpleasant and ultimately unproductive visit to that clinic.

I've heard that Dr. Vijay at Healing Rooms is really wonderful when it comes to handling his patients, often getting down on the floor with the animals to observe them in a more natural and relaxed manner. His clinic is in SS17; maybe give him a try? Good luck!

Healing Rooms Veterinary Clinic
Lot 29, G Floor, Wisma Dicor, Jln SS 17/1A, SS17, Subang Jaya, 47500 PJ, Selangor DE
Tel: 03-56376166
Fax: 03-56373166
Old 05-30-2016, 09:01 PM
Animal Lover

lsix is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the recommendation. In fact, we usually bring our dog to Healing Rooms. So happened that it wasnt open on sunday. We figured maybe give another vet a try.

Yes. The doctor sits on the floor... and my dog would jump on his lap and lick his face. My dog loves him. And he would cuddle my dog while doing inspections. That shows how much he loves animals. Great doctor...
Old 09-10-2021, 03:54 PM
Animal Lover

RobynLau is on a distinguished road

I am completely baffled by all the good reviews for Animal Clinic SS14. Did i accidentally stumble into a wrong, dreadful place?

Let me try to summarise my experience:

My dog didn’t look himself on Monday. By Tuesday (7th Sept) morning, he had mild diarrhoea and i decided it was time he sees a vet. Unfortunately, his regular vet’s appointment schedule was full. So i Googled for a recommendation that is close enough and decided to give SS14 Animal Clinic a try because of its decent reviews. I called to make an appointment but was told i could just walk in.

“May i know where exactly in SS14 is the clinic?”, i asked. And was told “Use Waze or Google Maps”. Fair enough, because sometimes people can be too busy to take 30 seconds out of their lives to direct you to the place of their business.

It was my first time at this clinic, so a registration process was required. However, the system was down. That’s fine, i was patient enough to repeat 4x that it was my first visit. Also, the receptionist was polite and apologetic, so i let that pass. I was told to take a seat while my dog and i wait for the veterinarian, which we willingly complied.

A minute later, this lady vet(her name is Bharati), strutted out on her high horse and said she’s ready to see my dog. However, she became quickly irritated when she realised i have not weighed my dog, something i was not instructed to do. The situation became slightly chaotic when my dog wouldn’t cooperate to get on the weighing scale. At this point, neither the vet nor the assistants offered help. So we had to get my husband in to carry my (24kg) dog onto the analog machine. After which, the vet threw a muzzle at me and told me to put it on my dog. Bear in mind, at no point did my dog showed any signs of aggression. That poor dude was just so confused with the new environment and all the new scents he was picking up. Naturally, he refused to wear the muzzle, which i'm sure has been worn by many other dogs and carried so many confusing scents. I then assured the vet that my dog is not aggressive and the muzzle was not necessary. Which they were okay with.

Upon entering the treatment room, i was told to carry my dog onto the table. This came as a shock to me because the vet i frequented had assistants who are trained to do that. While there was the vet and two of her assistants in the same room, they all stood by to watch while i struggled to do so.

Throughout the “consultation”, the vet looked indifferent, which is fine, because that could easily be passed off as a "face problem”. I was told my dog had a high fever. However, no history was taken and no blood-work was done before my dog was quickly prescribed with a fever injection (which didn't work), deworming pills, probiotic, antibiotic and more fever pills. I was slapped with a RM264 bill which included a RM40 consultation fee.

Don’t get me wrong, i agreed to pay the bill; only because my beloved pet was in distress and any reasonable human being would entrust a medical professional to perform their duties ethically and with empathy, at any cost.

All in all, i had the worst experience with Animal Clinic SS14. This is a 1 star rating only because it’s not possible to give half a star for the receptionists' friendliness. There is a possibility that not all the vets in this clinic are arrogant and careless. Until this vet name Bharati is able to come off of her high horse and perform her legal duty to provide a certain standard of skill and care to the animals she sees, with good bedside manner, i strongly suggest you try for another vet.