Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-02-2009, 11:06 PM
BerniceW BerniceW is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
BerniceW is on a distinguished road
Default Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

On 27th May, a very skinny Beagle was sent to a vet in JB in a cage with a very big wound on its back, the wound was so huge can actually fit in a human's fist, most horrible thing was, it was full of maggots.

Dr. Han told the man (a rich man) who sent the Beagle, it was starved and abused, it is very serious animal abused offence abroad, the guy paid RM300-00 and told Dr Han he may not claim back the dog, but will pay for the medication & boarding & left.

Guys, I don think u ever seen a skinny dog like that b4, it is juz like a featherless chicken, and kept using his hind limb sractching his wound.

Worst!!!! It was actually a birthday present to the owner's daughther, wat an insult!!!!

The poor beagle is still in the vet clinic, he is recovering fast & well though, Dr Han is still trying to pursuade the owner to claim back the poor Beagle, which I personally do not agree, he will suffer more if go back to the owner again.

According to Dr Han, he is still an active little fellow, about a year old, I am hoping that he will find a new owner who can give him lots of care & luv instead of going back to his heartless owner again.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00035l.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	165.4 KB
ID:	5694   Click image for larger version

Name:	dsc00036t.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	168.6 KB
ID:	5695  

Last edited by BerniceW; 06-02-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: change title
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Sashy's Avatar
Sashy Sashy is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 12
Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Both of them are horrid people, I hope they get what they deserve. Perhaps Dr Han can just go find a better home for the beagle, a lot of ppl will want it, just get someone DECENT this time round
__________________
We identify the Devil by his horns of a ram, and his hooves of a goat, yet we fail to observe that his shape is that of a Man.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:11 AM
kiki2006 kiki2006 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
kiki2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Hope this poor dog found a better owner, pls dun let him go back to his horrid owner.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:19 AM
kiki2006 kiki2006 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
kiki2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

I always beleive, there is no bad dog, only bad owner.

Last edited by kiki2006; 06-03-2009 at 12:20 AM. Reason: change phrasing
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:38 AM
daRLing's Avatar
daRLing daRLing is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: putrajaya
Posts: 534
Rep Power: 0
daRLing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

CRUEL,pity the dog
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-03-2009, 08:24 AM
azris azris is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 94
Rep Power: 12
azris is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

My heart goes out to the poor dog...yes its owner might be rich..unfortunately he has 'no heart'.....and that has made him 'poorer' that anyone else....

i hope the dog will get well soon and his cruel heartless owner will get his 'payback' anytime from now...
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-03-2009, 08:36 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 14
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Never give a pet as a present ... give teddy bear or chocolates instead ...

I have seen this happen 3 times with a filthy rich neighbour - he bought a puppy for his kid 3 times ... the first he tried to throw out on the streets when his kid (or maybe he himself fancied another cuter toy dog as many adults actually buy presents for their kids that they actually want for themselves) saw another cute toy dog pup in the pet shop but upon protests from a dog loving neighbour living opposite him, he put it to sleep.

The second toy dog puppy stopped being cute to him soon enough and he started to neglect it (neighbours stopped seeing him taking the puppy out to poo at a playground corner). The puppy started wandering around in the street.

He bought the 3rd toy dog puppy because he said the 2nd one was naughty and always disappeared from the house. Soon the 2nd puppy really disappeared.

Now I only see his maid taking the 3rd pup to the playground to poo.

... and no prizes for guessing what the fate of the 3rd pup is going to be ....

... and that is why people are actually advised NEVER to give a pet as a present ... buy a teddy bear or some chocolates instead ...
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 06-03-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-03-2009, 08:39 AM
Sashy's Avatar
Sashy Sashy is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 136
Rep Power: 12
Sashy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

SPCA should really do something about irresponsible owners like this
__________________
We identify the Devil by his horns of a ram, and his hooves of a goat, yet we fail to observe that his shape is that of a Man.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:05 AM
kiki2006 kiki2006 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 13
Rep Power: 0
kiki2006 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Ban Richman from buying pets!!!!!!!!

Like 1 of the PF
member said, they r not toy, Richman can afford to buy expensive toy & when they got fed up, they will juz ignore them & can afford to throw away their pets, so irresponsible.....................................

Wat kind of richman, they r poorer than the poor!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 AM
BerniceW BerniceW is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
BerniceW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Almost everyday, there are dogs & cat dump at Dr. Han's clinic, 2 beautifull cats being dumped there for 3 months alrdy (in the cage), also from rich family, another cute mongrel puppy also (alrdy adopted by H O P E, JB).

Last edited by BerniceW; 06-03-2009 at 09:23 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 14
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Put to sleep the irresponsible owners ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashy View Post
SPCA should really do something about irresponsible owners like this
Yeah, Sashy, like put them to sleep ... the world certainly doesn't need humans like this, they are the actual nuisance on this earth, never the animals.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-03-2009, 11:30 AM
vivi's Avatar
vivi vivi is offline
PetFinder Wowwow
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 584
Rep Power: 12
vivi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

What a horrid horrid man.
Hope god will teach that beagle's owner a very very good leson.
Poor dog.
Hope the dog will never ever need to return to that horrid family.
Hope somebody will treat him back the way he treated the dog.
stupid stupid richman.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-03-2009, 12:47 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Take their children and dump somewhere else or kidnap this rich people and dump them in the jungle. Padan muka

They are rich equal to educated people but what they did is barbaric and brainless

I'm so angry until I want to punch on something. If you shove me their face,I'll punch as hard possible.Benci!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why rich people behaving such way?? They have the privilege i.e money. They can do many things with lots of money to do good deed to animal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniceW View Post
Almost everyday, there are dogs & cat dump at Dr. Han's clinic, 2 beautifull cats being dumped there for 3 months alrdy (in the cage), also from rich family, another cute mongrel puppy also (alrdy adopted by H O P E, JB).
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
ashleywong ashleywong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taman Desa, KL
Posts: 711
Rep Power: 0
ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Hi

this is indeed sad - and such shameful behaviour.

we all hope that this beagle can find a new loving home soon where he'd be safe and happy.

perhaps dr hans can get that owner to sign a written confirmation/declaration that he is disowning the dog and is giving the dog away to whoever wants it but is willing to pay for all medical feels and boarding fees at the clinic until the dog is healed or adopted, whichever comes first.

you'd never know when this rich man might be spiteful and turn around and claimed that people "stole' his dog.

i hope dr han took photos of the dog's injuries when it was brought it so there is documented evidence of the abuse and neglect suffered by this dog at the hands of its owner.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-03-2009, 05:21 PM
BerniceW BerniceW is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
BerniceW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

[B]His Owner took him back liao!!!!![/B] Dr Han has no choice but to renturn to him, the owner claimed that he found summone to adopt him, I really hope he is telling the truth, poor thing, I still cannot forget his wound, and his skinny body...........
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Maneki Neko's Avatar
Maneki Neko Maneki Neko is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 842
Rep Power: 12
Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

It's too late to help this poor beagle, but now I wonder, what is the law in Malaysia?

In many countries, the vet would have been legally within his rights to a) seize the dog and b) report the abusive/neglectful owner to the police. A severely underweight animal with an untreated, maggot-infested wound would be clear evidence of criminal neglect.

Is that the situation here in Malaysia?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-03-2009, 10:09 PM
ashleywong ashleywong is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Taman Desa, KL
Posts: 711
Rep Power: 0
ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Maneki Neko

sorry to dissapoint you but we're still in the stone age (or maybe ice age - dinosour age) when it comes to animal welfare, animal rights.

there are many passionate and dedicated animal right activitis, rescuers, fosterers, animal lovers but our voices are scattered cos our voice is individual voice not collective. if we all stand up collectively in the same voice with the same aim and marching towards the same result and action, maybe we can make a difference?

a dump idealist thought of mine - hoping that this would become reality one day, maybe not in my lifetime but one day, of course the sooner the better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
It's too late to help this poor beagle, but now I wonder, what is the law in Malaysia?

In many countries, the vet would have been legally within his rights to a) seize the dog and b) report the abusive/neglectful owner to the police. A severely underweight animal with an untreated, maggot-infested wound would be clear evidence of criminal neglect.

Is that the situation here in Malaysia?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-05-2009, 05:59 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 15
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

this is the law........

How to report or give information on incident of cruelty to animals to the Department of Veterinary Services

Send your complaint on incident of cruelty to animals to the Director of Enforcement in the Headquarters or the Chief of Enforcement Branch/Unit in the State/Federal Territory level by the following means:-

 present yourself at the respective office;
 telephone;
 e-mail; or
 written letter

List of Addresses and Telephone Numbers of Department of Veterinary Services for reporting or giving information on incident of cruelty to animals:

http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/dvs/enforc...l-cruelty.html
http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/indexnew.html

Amongst others, the Department lists these information on its official website:

PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

Examples of cruelty to animals:

o failure to supply sufficient food and water to confined animals;
o failure to send injured, sick or wounded animals for treatment by a veterinary doctor in a government or private clinic;
o cruelly beat an animal;
o splash hot oil or water onto a cat that is searching for food;
o bury or burn alive young chicks to cut costs during a glut in supply;
o using cruel methods to slaughter or kill an animal for human consumption;
o cock fighting or baiting.

An act of cruelty to animals is an offence under Section 44(1), Animals Ordinance 1953.

Interpretation of “animal” means any living creature other than a human being and includes any beast, bird, fish, reptile or insect, whether wild or tame.

Officer empowered to act : Any veterinary authority appointed under section 3(3) of the Animals Ordinance 1953.

Action will be taken within the period of 48 hours upon receiving complaint (not inclusive of public holidays or weekends).

Objectives of the Department

• To prevent, control and eradicate animal and zoonotic diseases
• To promote the growth and development of a sound animal industry
• To ensure that foods of animal origin are clean, wholesome and fit for human consumption
• To promote the growth and development of the animal feeds industry
• To ensure the welfare and well being of all animals

No Telefon Am. : 03-88702000
Department Of Veterinary Services,
Wisma Tani, Podium Block
Lot 4G1, Precinct 4
62630 Putrajaya
Tel : (603) 8870 2000
Fax : (603) 8888 6021



Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
It's too late to help this poor beagle, but now I wonder, what is the law in Malaysia?

In many countries, the vet would have been legally within his rights to a) seize the dog and b) report the abusive/neglectful owner to the police. A severely underweight animal with an untreated, maggot-infested wound would be clear evidence of criminal neglect.

Is that the situation here in Malaysia?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-05-2009, 06:30 PM
Maneki Neko's Avatar
Maneki Neko Maneki Neko is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Posts: 842
Rep Power: 12
Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Thank you, Blackie Bond! I figured there had to be some law against animal abuse/neglect on the books, even if it's inconsistently enforced.

What breaks my heart is that the vet is in fact an "Officer empowered to act", yet he seemed to feel unable to do anything but return the poor beagle to its abuser.

BerniceW, can you bring this to the vet's attention for the future?



Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
this is the law........

How to report or give information on incident of cruelty to animals to the Department of Veterinary Services

Send your complaint on incident of cruelty to animals to the Director of Enforcement in the Headquarters or the Chief of Enforcement Branch/Unit in the State/Federal Territory level by the following means:-

 present yourself at the respective office;
 telephone;
 e-mail; or
 written letter

List of Addresses and Telephone Numbers of Department of Veterinary Services for reporting or giving information on incident of cruelty to animals:

http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/dvs/enforc...l-cruelty.html
http://www.moa.gov.my/jph/indexnew.html

Amongst others, the Department lists these information on its official website:

PREVENTION OF CRUELTY TO ANIMALS

Examples of cruelty to animals:

o failure to supply sufficient food and water to confined animals;
o failure to send injured, sick or wounded animals for treatment by a veterinary doctor in a government or private clinic;
o cruelly beat an animal;
o splash hot oil or water onto a cat that is searching for food;
o bury or burn alive young chicks to cut costs during a glut in supply;
o using cruel methods to slaughter or kill an animal for human consumption;
o cock fighting or baiting.

An act of cruelty to animals is an offence under Section 44(1), Animals Ordinance 1953.

Interpretation of “animal” means any living creature other than a human being and includes any beast, bird, fish, reptile or insect, whether wild or tame.

Officer empowered to act : Any veterinary authority appointed under section 3(3) of the Animals Ordinance 1953.

Action will be taken within the period of 48 hours upon receiving complaint (not inclusive of public holidays or weekends).

Objectives of the Department

• To prevent, control and eradicate animal and zoonotic diseases
• To promote the growth and development of a sound animal industry
• To ensure that foods of animal origin are clean, wholesome and fit for human consumption
• To promote the growth and development of the animal feeds industry
• To ensure the welfare and well being of all animals

No Telefon Am. : 03-88702000
Department Of Veterinary Services,
Wisma Tani, Podium Block
Lot 4G1, Precinct 4
62630 Putrajaya
Tel : (603) 8870 2000
Fax : (603) 8888 6021
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 PM
BerniceW BerniceW is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
BerniceW is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Richman's Dog - A Birthday Present turned misery

Thanks Blackie007 for your information, & Maneki Neko, I will let the Vet know about this.

Last edited by BerniceW; 06-07-2009 at 09:41 PM. Reason: to rephrase
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.