Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 08-11-2010, 06:35 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hhplover is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Mcfa (tica) - cat show is confirm 8/8/10

Saya tak peduli, nak kurang pahala puasa kurang la, saya redha. Tapi kalau tak lepaskan lagi saya tension. Jadi sebagai penutup thread ini (bagi saya laa), dibawah adalah my conclusion :-

1. Show macam tahi!.. (like shit!) total failure!
- In A mess! last minute systems change!
- cramp space, stuffy
- no vetting in....
- 4 judge to judge 6 rings pedigree, 6 rings hhp....
- cats stress, judge stress
- low quality, low turnout,
- show not to public, tak mesra public... public tak dpt tgk byk kucing
- show syok sendiri, puji diri sendiri...

So, please admit benda ni :-
a. Masalah AJK Lama dengan Ismail tu tu masalah MCFA, bukan personal problem. So, ahli semua kena ambil tahu.
b. Bodohla kalau masih lagi mengatakan itu masalah peribadi, jadi you all tak nak masuk campur, yang you all nak enjoy show and ada cat show.. mana ada jalan daa...
c. Bodohla, yang masih kata masalah pengurusan kewangan dan mesyuarat MCFA tu masalah peribadi. Kalau Najib ada masalah tu, tu masalah peribadi Najib ker? Tu dah jadi masalah negara dan kita semua terlibat. Tongong betul la yang masih cakap saya tak mahu terlibat sebab saya ahli biasa je, saya nak enjoy cat show je, saya tak peduli macamana show. Siapa jer yang nak buat show, saya sokong.

Sorry, i just cant tolerate stupidity! kalau budak2 tak pa, tapi kita semua ni dah tua. So, sedar2la sendiri k. Do something... dont delay, i challenge all of you... make it happen.

So, enjoy the Next Show.... tapi kalau tak tukar gak Presiden tu, rasanya lagi kecoh kut... hehehe. Aku dah confirm tak join dah.... selagi yang atas tu tak turun.
Old 08-12-2010, 03:15 PM
Animal Lover

comyncats is on a distinguished road

Observations from someone at this show but not any other TICA shows in M'sia:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhplover View Post
Ok, first of all, congrats to MCFA for having a Cat Show... finally. You guys deserve some credit though the show is not as successful as the previous.

Obviously I wouldn't know, as I wasn't at the last. But this team must have worked hard to pull it off.

However, this is my comments and observation, and I hope MCFA will take steps to improve it :-

1. Crammed Space,
The idea of a cat show is to show your cats to all visitors coming. Because of that only 20% of cats visible to the public.

It was very tight, but with X space and Y entries, hall layout is SOOOOOOOOO important and something a show manager learns with experience. In a dedicated hall, layout is easy - public comes into hall, cats are in rows (setting that out is a no-brainer) rings are there, and you don't have people doing their general Sunday shopping and happening past a cat show in a public place.

2. Judging ring too close to public.
I can see no chairs provided infront of judging ring. As such, some of the judging rings allowed public to stand and lean at judging tables. I witness this at Lesley Morgan ring.

This is true of the latter part of the day, but you would also have observed me ensuring no cat felt uncomfortable - in fact, some exhibitors taking photos from 2 metres away when a cat was 'touchy' potentially caused more of a problem and I was very terse about them NOT doing so when a cat was timid. Chairs - not all shows all over the world provide them. I think the public was too close to my ring, not the other way around. A barrier as in some other rings would have been good. But - do you know that even in those less than calm circumstances, not one cat 'went off'?

3. 4 Judge doing 6 rings
This can never be allowed to happen again. Stress to the cats and stress to the judges. And it always brought some inconsistency and biasness.

Ooooooooooo - I take exception to "it always....inconsistency and bias". Let me tell you in no uncertain terms that my own ring/s (yes, more than planned, I acknowledge) there was absolutely no bias! My last 'ring' was of kittens I'd had first thing in the morning and a) some were absent while b) others looked better (or not!) than they had 10 hrs earlier. That makes a difference. See above about cats NOT misbehaving.

Re 4 rings. If the show had been switched back to 4 (because only 4 judges were present) wouldn't there be huge outcry? Let's be fair - this was a 'rock and a hard place' decision for the c'ttee. It was a no-win situation and in the circumstances, much as it's not the sort of practice I know, this was OK by TICA show rules, so it happened. I'll bet the c'ttee was having nervous breakdowns trying to accommodate exhibitors!

4. `INTERNATIONAL' Cat Show?
It is not International if numbers of HHP outdone the pedigrees 80% to 20%. If its at 50-50, still can be forgiven but nooo... not 80% hhp. And HHP being Best in International Cat Show? As an HHP lover, i love this to happen, but sadly it is not suppose to happen in 'International' Cat Show.

What constitutes an 'international' show? I suspect in TICA's terms, it's one held in International Division. I wouldn't know! But I've judged shows of other registries in KL and there have been many HHP at some. (Isn't that where potential ped owners come from?) A HHP was Best of Best? I didn't realise that. (I agree, that's very unusual!) If we're talking about that gorgeous black ticked tabby SH neuter who showed like Bette Midler, had the happiest feet in the hall and was just plain drop dead clean, healthy and a gorgeous person, then I can understand the maths, because he was Best (of a big group) in all rings, thus beating more opposition than any other exhibit. If that's TICA rules in action, then fair enough. When in Rome, do as a Roman!

I can offer no comment on other issues raised..

Last edited by blackie007; 08-12-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: font size
Old 08-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Animal Lover

comyncats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by comyncats View Post
Observations from someone at this show but not any other TICA shows in M'sia:
That might be a more suitable size - I'm back in Tasmania now but don't need to yell!
Old 08-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Animal Lover

Dreamhunter is on a distinguished road

This is my first posting as a member of PetFinder – I am Kurt Vlach, the Austrian TICA-Judge and I would like to comment some of the issues raised.
---------------------------------------------------------
2) No vetting in! What kind of a show standard is this? Is this acceptable in TICA?
Yes, this is acceptable in TICA. Almost all shows in the United States are non-vetted shows. In the European Union our laws require to have vetted shows. So NO BREAK of TICA-Rules.
--------------------------------------
3) many rosettes were not not available, and were short. rumors said MCFA cut the ribbon because the original ribbon got write location in Sunway, when in fact done in empire. so ismail cut the thing. but when ask the committee, they said the old committees sabotage the ribbon.? hmmm... ARE YOU SURE..?? Seems like MCFA putting all blame on the old AJK.
As Tomoko, Andreas, some committee members and I spent about 2 hours on Saturday in order to check all rosettes I must tell you that what is written above doesn’t necessary reflect the truth –

Well, it seems that the person who has ordered the rosettes was not completely aware of the TICA-Show Rules. In TICA one ring contains following competition –

1) Kitten
2) Cats
3) Alters
4) Household Pet Kittens
5) Household Pets (NEUTERS ONLY!!!)

So actually the original announcement given to the exhibitors, 6 Rings for Pedigreed Cats and 3 Rings for HHPs, was UNINTENTIONALLY wrong.

On Saturday, when we checked the rosettes, we found out that the number rosettes ordered did not reflect the need for the show. We did as follows –
a) The number of rosettes for 6 Rings for Kittens and Cats was correct
b) There were 10 rosettes for each Ring “Alters”. As there weren’t any alters in this show entered we decided to cut off the middle streamer and use those rosettes for the Household Pet Kittens (until 8 months of age they are allowed to be shown even if they are not neutered). So we solved this problem.
c) We had rosettes for Top 3 HHP Alters, HHP Cats and HHP-Kittens Longhair and Shorthair, which weren’t of any use for this show. On the other hand there were rosettes for the Top 5 HHPs for six rings missing. So
d) we decided to use those rosettes in order to have for all 6 rings rosettes for the HHPs – and so we followed the TICA-Rules.
e) According to TICA-Rules unneutered HHPs shouldn’t be judged, but we felt that the people have paid entry-fees and as there were “only” 140 cats entered the judges would have enough time for those “fun-rings”, which don’t count anything. So we checked how many rosettes we had left and could provide 4 rosettes per ring.
f) There were in the afternoon session in two rings rosettes missing – those rosettes have been stolen out of the rosette-boxes during the day!!!! I know it as on the day before we had enough rosettes.

So according TICA-Rules EVERYTHING WAS OKAY WITH ROSETTES

This brings me to another point which has not been mentioned yet (at least in the English messages) –

.) Every finalist also received a little trophy – this is absolutely not common in TICA! This was done by the organizers and I think you should say THANK YOU to them concerning this!
.) Also – each finalist received some cat-food. In most of the shows I judge all over this world this is also not common. A thank you should go to the organizers who found the sponsors for this!
.) What I found out is also that HHPs only had to pay half the entry-fee of the pedigreed cats. This is another thing which the club decided – as in TICA also HHPs and HHP-Kittens have the same number of rings in competition and the club has to pay the judges the same amount of money for the HHPs as for pedigreed cats the exhibitors got TWICE AS MUCH from the club as they paid for. Isn’t it strange that nobody complained about this one??

Folks – I try to be fair, but you also should be fair!!!!!

I also want to mention that at most TICA-Shows in Europe and in the United States exhibitors will receive only one rosette per cat. If a cat finals then it gets a sticker with the ranking of the cat to put on this rosette. The club had decided to do it another way and actually bought 100 rosettes more than needed to please the exhibitors!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crammed Space,
The idea of a cat show is to show your cats to all visitors coming. Because of that only 20% of cats visible to the public.
I agree with that, on the other hand if you make your benching plan you also have to deal with the location. But I agree, it was not a really satisfying solution.
-----------------------------------------
2. Judging ring too close to public.
Lesley wrote before – public too close to the rings. A row of chairs would have been better, but I don’t know if this would have been possible.
-----------------------------------------------------
3. 4 Judge doing 6 rings
This can never be allowed to happen again. Stress to the cats and stress to the judges. And it always brought some inconsistency and biasness.
Here I disagree completely. Would the “stress” for the cats have been less if the two last rings would have been held by two different judges? Of course not. More stress for the judges? Well, actually we got also paid for the extra work. A TICA-Judge receives USD 1,- per cat which is in the judges book. If we have to work more, our payment rises. And TICA-rules allow us to judge up to 250 cats per day (and at a show in Russia when one judge became sick I even had to judge 280 once – well, this WAS definitely stressy..). Lesley also replied concerning the bias and inconsistency – there is nothing to be added.
-------------------------------------------------
4. `INTERNATIONAL' Cat Show?
It is not International if numbers of HHP outdone the pedigrees 80% to 20%. If its at 50-50, still can be forgiven but nooo... not 80% hhp. And HHP being Best in International Cat Show? As an HHP lover, i love this to happen, but sadly it is not suppose to happen in 'International' Cat Show.
Yes it is an International Cat show. It doesn’t matter how many HHPs are entered in relation to Pedigreed cats. And we had international judges from 2 ½ continents (well, Tomoko lives in Austria but she is of course Japanese). The term is CORRECT !!!
--------------------------------------------------------
5. HHP supposed to have six categories.
But it is only 3 categories. MCFA promised longhair and shorthair HHPs will be separated this time. Hmm..
Again, misunderstanding of the Committee. Fact is every HHP, HHP unaltered and HHP Kitten had 6 rings instead of three advertised. Hmmmmmmm….
----------------------------------------
6. No vet inspection
I can see some of the judges shaking their head, disbelieve that they had to judge few dirty cats.
Covered by TICA-Rules – AND I have seen in my judges life dirty cats all over the world, be it in vetted or non-vetted shows.
-------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, congrats again to MCFA for finally pull off an 'INTERNATIONAL' Cat Show. I see there's still a lot of improvements can be done, and it can only be done by CHANGING the President.
We have spotted some people during the show and talked to them who in our opinion would be an excellent edition to the Show-Committee. In my opinion, and this is what I told the President, there should be a split committee. One part should be responsible for finding show-halls and sponsorings, the other part should deal with the judges and everything which has to do with TICA (Catalog, Judges Books, Rosettes etc.). This was the suggestion of all judges as we all felt that the cat-fanciers in Malaysia are dedicated and that it is worth fighting for TICA in Malaysia!!!!

Sorry that my posting turned out to be so long,

Kurt
Old 08-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Animal Lover

What I forgot to mention - someone complained / wondered about the "Best of the Best" at this show.

Well, the show committee had bought two beautiful trophies which were dedicated to the Best and 2nd Best Household Pet of the show only (no Best of Best for Cats and Kittens).

There is NO TICA-Rule which asks for a Best of Best at the end of the show, this is completely up to the discretion of the club. Again, most of the shows in the United States don't do this, also many shows in France and Belgium don't have a Best of Best.

So the Best of Best-Trophy went to the most successful neutered HHP of the show (the ones which are allowed to be shown according our rules). It was Entry 465, the cat which won all 6 rings. So a no-brainer.

2nd Best HHP was awarded to the most successful entry of the non-altered HHPs, the black Shorthair HHP with number 461 (?).

So - everything was perfectly fine.

Of course it would have looked better if there would have been also trophies for the Best Kitten and Best Cat in Show, as well as for the Best HHP Kitten. Maybe next time.

Kurt
Old 08-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Animal Lover

Sorry, me again.

my 2 cents concerning the 6 rings with 4 judges. I know that originally six judges have been planned.Due to organisational problems the three Japanes judges cancelled their coming to the show (the last one on Tuesday or Wednesday), so we found one week before the show Andreas Moebius who gracefully accepted to step in on short notice.

Yes, it would have been nicer for the exhibitor to have six different opinions, but under those circumstances we did everything that you exhibitors got what you paid for (and the HHP-classes got twice as much as they paid for !!!!). So six rings could be held - which meant six rings for titles and Regional Points. After the show I made the show-report (you can find it under http://www.ticamembers.com under Show-Reports), wrote the Marked Catalog and forwarded it to the TICA Executive Office. Ismail Mohd Ali wrote me that two days ago he sent the money to the TICA Office for the show licenses so that all wins can be scored! I found out that the one HHP became a Triple Grand Master at the show, I think that the red tabby Maine Coon girl and the black & white Persian have enough points for Double Grand Champion. All in all 18 pedigreed cats and 10 HHPs have the qualification for TICA-titles after this show !!!!!

Of course you have to register the cats with TICA. In order that the cats also will be scored towards Regional Wins (I think that especially the HHPs and HHP-Kittens have a good chance to become Regional Winners in the Asian Region of TICA, kittens and cats have good chances for breed- or color-wins) you would have to do as follows -

Write an email to scoring@tica.org with following after you have received the registration number -

"Please score following cat towards Regional Points -

Name of the Cat - xxx
Breed / Color
Registration Number - xxxx (if you have received it)
Show - Malaysian Cat Fanciers Association, Kuala Lumpur, 08/08/10
Catalog Number - xxx"

If you want to claim titles for the cats you find the form at the TICA HOmepage http://www.tica.org
Fill out the form and you can send it together with the registration-papers of your cat. You can claim the title at the same time.

I hope that this helps you guys a little bit and that you give TICA another chance - or those who haven't been at a TICA-Show before you should give it a try. TICA is worth it !!!!

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask - I will be more than happy to help you - and maybe we cann meet in person (or see us again) at another show in Malaysia !

Kurt
Old 08-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Animal Lover

iamrhea is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iamrhea
Cool Re: Mcfa (tica) - cat show is confirm 8/8/10

Hi Kurt;

It is nice to have your expert opinion here regarding the last show..
I totally agree about what you and Lesley mentioned. Thank you for making it transparent. There are many cat expert here that is not familiar with TICA show rules including myself; but i am not cat expert and i would like to add on what you mentioned below.

What I found out is also that HHPs only had to pay half the entry-fee of the pedigreed cats. This is another thing which the club decided – as in TICA also HHPs and HHP-Kittens have the same number of rings in competition and the club has to pay the judges the same amount of money for the HHPs as for pedigreed cats the exhibitors got TWICE AS MUCH from the club as they paid for. Isn’t it strange that nobody complained about this one??

I showed a pedigree; and we had to pay RM 210.00/per cat (limited early bird period) or RM300.00/per cat after the promotions are over.

so the terms of "HHPs only had to pay half the entry-fee of the pedigreed cats" - are not true because i know for the fact that they pay a lot less then RM 100.00 and still makes a lot of noise out of it.

Last edited by iamrhea; 08-16-2010 at 11:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:44 PM
Animal Lover

Melocy is on a distinguished road

Hi Mr Kurt,

Thank you for your explanation. The show is success due to all the judge and AJK do their part. Most of us in here really glad with TICA show and also love to enter TICA show.

The problem mainly in here is they can't accept Ismail as the president of MCFA, because most of them in here are from MCC which with FiFe and some with CFA.

They can't forgive Ismail for bad mouthing about other cat show done by other register. he also mention that other cat show is like a school boy show, and only his show that has quality. Because most of us in here know that Ismail has a lot of bad reputation here in Malaysia.

You suggest Ismail to separate the job, but I doubt he will do it. Whichever job that involve money he will not let any other people do it. I think even the rosette for last show, he the one who order it, according to his thinking.
Please Ismail don't bad mouthing about other people show and also about anybody else. Or else people will keep saying the same thing about you adn will expose all your bad doing, even to TICA.

About the missing rosette, I think its must be misplace. Maybe Ismail will still put the blame on someone else. Mr Kurt, please don't trust 100% of this guy words. I beg you.

Thank again Mr Kurt for your expalaination on TICA rules and show. Glad to have you in Malaysia. We also want to enter TICA show, but with different club maybe, other than Ismail club (He said that his own club)

Last edited by Melocy; 08-16-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 03:54 PM
Animal Lover

Dear Melocy,

thank you for this post. I really try to get out of the disputes between many cat fanciers and Ismail. I think that many problems occur from the past. I only can tell from my own experiences. I always have been a fan of transparency and would like to add another experience where I and another judge, Andreas Moebius, have witnessed.

In some of the previous posts I read that there has been no communication regarding the change of the show-hall. Well, fact is that the new show-location has not been confirmed before Friday, August 6. So it was really good luck that the show could be held anyway. I don't know about the background (I know that Ismail had asked the management of the shopping-center some time ago, but they didn't do anything about this!), but it was finally Andreas who brought the manager of the shopping center to agree on the location - everybody should thank Andreas Moebius for the support of MCFA!!!!

But - and now it gets ugly - on Saturday in the afternoon an anonymous person called the shopping mall on behalf of MCFA and told them that the club had decided to cancel the show and that the space won't be needed. Fortunately the mall-management called Ismail and wanted him to confirm this and the misunderstanding could be settled.

I think that this is no less than outrageous!!! Whoever this person was (due to rumours I heard the person was someone from the former MCFA-showcommittee) - shame on you!!! It is sad that so much hate is involved so that people really try to kill the show. Shame, Shame, Shame!!!!!! This is so disgusting!!!!

Kurt
Old 08-16-2010, 04:06 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Mr Kurt,

Is the news you heard from Ismail or from the Shopping Mall about someone who want the show cancel?

I doubt that the old AJK would do to that extent. That why a lot of people here mention that, Ismail Mohd Ali can't be trusted because of his twisted tongue. Evey thing that happens he will blame to other party and he make him look like a a good person.

I you read all around this forum, whenever there is a story about Ismail Mohd Ali, normally will be a bad story. Also almost all of them will not said a good thing about Ismail.

I feel sorry for the old committee every thing that happen will be accuse by Ismail Mohd Ali the bad people. Because some of them are my friend. I know my friend will never do that thing. We all feel very happy that TICA judge love to come to Malaysia, just that if the news you hear from Ismail Mohd Ali, please don't trusted it, because he always talk lies and I know him personally and I one of his victims of buying Pedigree Cats without having a cert.

We all in here just afraid that TICA image will be reflected by bad reputation of Ismail Mohd Ali. Sorry again if you feel my reply is a bit emotional. Because the issue of Ismail Mohd Ali is not old issue, until now he still do the same, bad mouthing about others.

Last edited by Melocy; 08-16-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Dear Mr Kurt,
Thanks and really appreciate your very assuring report.
But, i've concluded my analysis on the above, based on the comparison with two previous MCFA shows and other cat club shows, which is very well organised and well informed. For me, rosettes, trophies and prizes are not important, but the joy, fairness, friendly and well disseminate infos are priceless.
However, I'm dreaded to think what will happen to the show, if you and the other judges, not arrive earlier and helping MCFA sort things out.
Yet, please don't put your hopes too high on Ismail or the committees publicly singing praises on you and all the judges help or extra effort, in making the show acceptable or a success. Ismail and the new show committee already bragging about the success of the show, and solely put him and the new committees hard work in making the show a 'success'. NEVER ONCE, Ismail and the new committees, praising all the judges effort here in this forum.
I really hope, you and all other judges continue to come to Malaysia, and have a pleasant stay here. We, Malaysian are very friendly and affectionate people and we do know how to appreciate good help and services, except Ismail, the President of MCFA.

Last edited by hhplover; 08-16-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:26 PM
Animal Lover

Again I feel a bit unsecure. I really don't want to get involved in cat-politics (Oh my God - I have been into this way too long )

I wish to see TICA succeed and survive in Malaysia as I really like our system and philosophy, especially towards the Household Pets.

My question is - if you liked the TICA-show (and now I am talking about the judging, the system and the way cats can get titles) and if you are unhappy with MCFA - so why don't you think about organizing a second TICA-club in Malaysia? This is no problem regarding the TICA-rules. And why you don't organize a show yourselves? I know that this is hard work, takes some time in order to get your finances straight? You need to organize sponsors, a show-hall, cages, judges (including flights, hotels, maybe some sightseeing), do the paperwork. As well as I am still willing to come back to Malaysia for another of Ismail's shows (if some organisational things are solved) I and some of my friends would be willing to help out a new club with our expertise. For us it is about TICA, having a nice weekend together with human and furry friends - under the TICA-Rules (which would mean - and this is also important for future shows of MCFA - that no TICA-Judge will judge again non-altered Household Pets if they are older than 8 months). If everybody follows the rules then it should be fine...
Old 08-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Animal Lover

[QUOTE=hhplover;87078]Dear Mr Kurt,
Yet, please don't put your hopes too high on Ismail or the committees publicly singing praises on you and all the judges help or extra effort, in making the show acceptable or a success. Ismail and the new show committee already bragging about the success of the show, and solely put him and the new committees hard work in making the show a 'success'. NEVER ONCE, Ismail and the new committees, praising all the judges effort here in this forum.
QUOTE]

You know, I know very well that without the judges' help the show would have had some problems, but I really don't need public praises. I know what we did - and I had my fifteen minutes of fame already many years ago
I am just interested in the result of our efforts and concerning this we were successful - there was a show which under the circumstances went extremely well for the exhibitors!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

A very good suggestion by Kurt, I’m glad to hear that he is more then willing to assist any new cat club in Malaysia with the TICA affiliation. I believe there are ppl out there who can make it better, if you can’t remove Ismail from his club then leave him alone with his club & show that you can do much better then him & you will have my support as an exhibitor.

I’m a hard core supporter for cat fancy & it is my sincere wish to see its growth in Malaysia. How nice it will be if we can show our cats under different international cat body like US, Japan or Europe. Remember it is only with good competitive competition that we can become better.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 08-16-2010, 05:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamhunter View Post
I wish to see TICA succeed and survive in Malaysia as I really like our system and philosophy, especially towards the Household Pets.

My question is - if you liked the TICA-show (and now I am talking about the judging, the system and the way cats can get titles) and if you are unhappy with MCFA - so why don't you think about organizing a second TICA-club in Malaysia? This is no problem regarding the TICA-rules.
Thanks Mr. Kurt for the suggestion. Ok, guys, after having heard from Mr. Kurt himself, now it's a good time for you all to have a second Tica Club. This is better, than trying to oust Ismail from MCFA (which is nearly impossible).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamhunter View Post
And why you don't organize a show yourselves? I know that this is hard work, takes some time in order to get your finances straight? You need to organize sponsors, a show-hall, cages, judges (including flights, hotels, maybe some sightseeing), do the paperwork. As well as I am still willing to come back to Malaysia for another of Ismail's shows (if some organisational things are solved) I and some of my friends would be willing to help out a new club with our expertise. For us it is about TICA, having a nice weekend together with human and furry friends - under the TICA-Rules
Thanks again for your assuring words. Dont worry, we'll look into it very seriously and hoping you are there to guide and help us.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:46 PM
Animal Lover

iamrhea is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to iamrhea
Cool Re: Mcfa (tica) - cat show is confirm 8/8/10

Well said mr Kurt. I hope fellow petfinder forumer's understant what u meant and will not add more fire into this issue about Ismail and his commitee. Enough of what has been said.

I showed my cats both in TICA and CFA show and i will support any TICA and CFA show in Malaysia regardless of who the president is. I do not take anyone's side nor do i take pleasure looking at the beginning of the destruction of a CAT CLUB.

Enough sabotage and the corruption in the previous cat clubs in Malaysia. We do not need another club to die. We should all come together and discuss on how we can make it better. "Killing will not solve any problem"

so i second what mr Kurt has suggested which Im sure there is a plenty of people that would like to do so.

Open a new club and sponsor a cat show!
Old 08-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Animal Lover

Please get me right - I will be happy to help a new club, but I will also be more than happy to support MCFA if they continue to organize shows with the changes I suggested to them. I agree with Jimmy (?), the "hard core CFA-person , that it is good if there are FRIENDLY competing clubs. I started TICA in Austria in 1996. When a member got unhappy I told her to found her new club and organize shows, my club even helped her as I felt that with competition my own club will work even harder to present first class shows in Austria. Now we have three active TICA-clubs here and since then the quality of every show is better than ever. Friendly competition helps!!!

I must say that I am thankful to Ismail Mohd Ali that he gave me and my wife the chance to come to Malaysia. We enjoyed our stay here, although we were so busy with the organisation of this show that we didn't have the chance to do sightseeing and spend money to support the Malaysian economy at all !

Very important things to make judges happy -

a) Send them the flight tickets in time (this means approximately two months before the show). So the club needs to have quite a sum of money about two months before the show starts. This can be raised either by sponsors (who usually pay very late) or by collection Early Bird Entry Fees. It is important for us judges to have our schedule in time so that we can plan our vacations (yes, we have another life too!!!)
b) Send the judges the address of the hotels
c) Pay for the show-license well in advance too! For a new club's first show the license fee is cheaper. Usual fees are USD 35,- per ring (Allbreed or Speciality), for a new club either USD 15,- or USD 20,- per ring.
d) Order your rosettes in time.
e) Have the money for the judges ready when they arrive (i.e. Judges Fees, parking fees at airport) - we are NOT happy if we have to wait until the last minute to get our fees...
f) Buy the Entry Clerk Assistant-Program well ahead before the show. Costs are about USD 53,-. In this program you can enter all cats, automatically a catalog will be created, you can send out the confirmations for your entries in time, the judges books can be printed (you will need to have a needle printer)
g) My club usually prints the catalog on Wednesday before the show. You will receive after you paid your show-license and sent in the application a box from TICA with judges books, judges book covers and some more information you have to include in the catalog
h) Add an exhibitors list to the catalog (also part of the Entry Clerk Program)

i) Most important - make a financial calculation before the show. A new club needs to think about - Judges Tables (maybe 70 x 40 cm) in different heights (some judges are taller than others), you will need cards with numbers for each ring (in two colors - usually pink and blue to determine if the cat is a boy or a girl), you will need the ribbons for Colors and Divisions, you will need things where to put the numbers in.

j) chose a vet in time for the vet-check
k) Make sure that you have clerks who know what they are doing (Each TICA-Judge will be happy to hold a Clerking School the day before the show - approx. 3-4 hours)
l) what I also suggested is that before the show starts one of the judges will introduce new exhibitors to the TICA-system. The do's and don'ts of each exhibitor, so that the show can run smoothly.
m) if you plan a Best of Best then you must write this in the catalog and also write how you will determine the winners
n) Make a judging schedule before the show
o) Decide if you only want AB-Rings or if you also will have SP-Rings (more costs for the club as you will need more rosettes, but then again more cats can final and more exhibitors will be happy)
p) If someone wants to found a new club then there must be 5 TICA-members in the committee. I think that the cost for the license of a new club is USD 50,-
q) Set a show-date ahead of time. Most of the judges have tight schedules (for example I have already invitations for September 2012) and the more you plan ahead the more likely it is that you will get the judges you want...

Hmm, again a long posting, but those are just the things which came spontaneously into my mind what it takes to have a successful show.

Kurt
Old 08-16-2010, 06:00 PM
Animal Lover

Oh, what I forgot to mention - as a TICA-club you should also abide the Rules and don't accept any Household Pet (or Purebred cat without pedigree) which is older than 8 months. Maybe you will lose some of the cat-count, but you will gain respect in the cat-fancy...
Old 08-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Animal Lover

Mr Kurt,

Thank you very much for all the explanation. Very informative. I think a lot of people out there would love to organize a TICA show.

I be waiting for it, and also would love to give a help if they want to organize it.

Thank
Old 08-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Animal Lover

grrrrrrrk is on a distinguished road

Sorry if the question is out of topic.

Mr Kurt,

May I know, do TICA accept F1 to F4 Bengal or Savannah entering the show?

Or only SBT that can only enter a show. Just curious. Sorry. Because if F1 to F4 the cat is more wild like and more beautiful compare to SBT. Is it right?