Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-14-2008, 02:48 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

Phewit!! they are so cute and clean!! grrrr!! I feel like to squeeze them

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynielime View Post
Old 10-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen
Default Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
Bareen my dear girl

You rock! And Tabby Rocks!

there, just what i suspected. our fabulous Domestic cats are all exotic cats- they do have these wonderful beautiful exotic genes.

bareen can i re-post your article under the thread on balinese and siamese cat which i put in this forum? the reason i put down those two articles are to show that our beloved Domestic cats do have those colour markings - that are used by pedigree judging - so our domestic more than make the grade!
Sure, use as you please....

This my Chart Chai. She's a tabby color point where her hind legs are striped. By look, she resembled a siamese.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:10 PM
Animal Lover

Default The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

She?? I thought Chart Chai is male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
Sure, use as you please....

This my Chart Chai. She's a tabby color point where her hind legs are striped. By look, she resembled a siamese.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:13 PM
Puppet Master~

chemonk is an unknown quantity at this point

shemale??????
Old 10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Kucing Garong

Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
She?? I thought Chart Chai is male
Regu-regu Chantek semuanya pompuan June, empat-empat, masuk sekali Chart Chai. Vet confirm semua female. Anak CP Hijra yang baru ni pun sekor male, 2 female....
Old 10-15-2008, 12:26 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
The faint tahi lalat above the lip buat rupa dia mcm Cindy Crawford sikit ...
I wanted to change her name to freckles but i think after 4 and a half years its too late.. Hahaha
Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Now I know that my Blackie is a mackerel seal tabby!! Wow, sounds very pedigree-ish....hahahaha!

I love your red tabby, Lynielime....so aristo-cat.

Here're some pics of my mackerel seal tabby. Too bad he doesn't like mackerels.

Blackie helping to clean the table after a meal.......

One of his favourite sleeping positions....

Refusing to give back my seat.....

Refusing to let go of hubby's foot, and hubby trying to lift him up in the air.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blackie profile pic.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	1414   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackie side profile.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	1415   Click image for larger version

Name:	blackie wiping table.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	1416   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0450_1_3_1.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	289.1 KB
ID:	1417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1289_1_1_1.JPG
Views:	232
Size:	478.7 KB
ID:	1418  

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0311_1_3_1.JPG
Views:	227
Size:	636.6 KB
ID:	1419  

Last edited by blackie007; 10-16-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:59 PM
Animal Lover

aiyoh!! Charlene, Love you boi boi lah.so hensem this blackie.have this very langsi look.wakakakakakak!!!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hahaha, June, he sure looks langsi, doesn't he? He's the opposite of PeterPan, but I think you will love him.....he can be manja when he's in the mood. Too bad I can't take him to Midah Hotel to introduce him to you....hehe.

Quote:
aiyoh!! Charlene, Love you boi boi lah.so hensem this blackie.have this very langsi look.wakakakakakak!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 12:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

Is blackie a very big cat? He looks gigantic in his photos. Not fat, BIG! He looks like he could kick my cats asses. Very macho.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Petfinder Moderator

hmm....I'm not sure if I would call Blackie gigantic. I saw a lot of HUGE cats at the Merdeka Cat Show.

Anyway, to give you an idea of whether Blackie could kick your cats' asses, I went up to him and took his measurements.

His length, from neck to back, just at the base of the tail - 19.75 inches
His body diameter - 18.5 inches

Quote:
Is blackie a very big cat? He looks gigantic in his photos. Not fat, BIG! He looks like he could kick my cats asses. Very macho.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:42 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
hmm....I'm not sure if I would call Blackie gigantic. I saw a lot of HUGE cats at the Merdeka Cat Show.

Anyway, to give you an idea of whether Blackie could kick your cats' asses, I went up to him and took his measurements.

sounds bigggggg... fat fat's big too but i think he's more fat than large.. about 5.5 kilos of pure flab.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Animal Lover

yeah,he's big and langsi too.total opposite of my Peterpan.I call Peterpan sissy.wakakakakakakak!! I love to have macho cat but both Peterpan and Pokemon are sissy cats.

Quote:

Old 10-17-2008, 11:14 AM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

what i want to know is how you make the photos so large but mine is so small
Old 10-17-2008, 11:32 AM
Petfinder Moderator

wow, your fat fat's heavy....my blackie is only 5kg.

Quote:
sounds bigggggg... fat fat's big too but i think he's more fat than large.. about 5.5 kilos of pure flab.
haha, june, he looks macho only, but is quite a gay at heart......read sissy!

Quote:
yeah,he's big and langsi too.total opposite of my Peterpan.I call Peterpan sissy.wakakakakakakak!! I love to have macho cat but both Peterpan and Pokemon are sissy cats.
ashley, after you've attached the pictures, before you post them, click on the preview post button. Then, click on the thumbnail pictures. when it opens, copy the url of the image and paste them onto the message itself.

Quote:
what i want to know is how you make the photos so large but mine is so small
Old 10-17-2008, 02:22 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Quote:

ashley, after you've attached the pictures, before you post them, click on the preview post button. Then, click on the thumbnail pictures. when it opens, copy the url of the image and paste them onto the message itself.

that's what i did - but they're small also - hmm...

hmm, my nicky is 5.96kg.....does that make him fat???
Old 10-17-2008, 02:31 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:

hmm, my nicky is 5.96kg.....does that make him fat???
Try to feel the cat's ribs, if you cant feel it, he's fat!
If you can easily feel the front leg bone, your cat is underweight...
Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM
Kucing Garong

Tabbies Colors and Patterns

CLASSIC TABBY PATTERN: markings dense, clearly defined, and broad. Legs evenly barred with bracelets coming up to meet the body markings. Tail evenly ringed. Several unbroken necklaces on neck and upper chest, the more the better. Frown marks on forehead form an intricate letter "M". Unbroken line runs back from outer corner of eye.

Swirls on cheeks. Vertical lines over back of head extend to shoulder markings which are in the shape of a butterfly with both upper and lower wings distinctly outlined and marked with dots inside outline. Back markings consist of a vertical line down the spine from butterfly to tail with a vertical stripe paralleling it on each side, the three stripes well separated by stripes of the ground color. Large solid blotch on each side to be encircled by one or more unbroken rings. Side markings should be the same on both sides. Double vertical rows of buttons on chest and stomach.

MACKEREL TABBY PATTERN: markings dense, clearly defined, and all narrow pencillings. Legs evenly barred with narrow bracelets coming up to meet the body markings.

Tail barred. Necklaces on neck and chest distinct, like so many chains. Head barred with an "M" on the forehead. Unbroken lines running back from the eyes. Lines running down the head to meet the shoulders. Spine lines run together to form a narrow saddle. Narrow pencillings run around body.

SILVER TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale, clear silver. Markings dense black.

Undercoat white. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.
Nose leather: brick red.
Paw pads: black.
Eye color: green, hazel, or brilliant copper.

SILVER PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale silver. Markings of dense black. Patches of red or softly intermingled areas of red on both body and extremities.

Paw pads: black and/or brick red.

BLUE SILVER TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale bluish silver. Markings sound blue.
Nose leather: blue or old rose trimmed with blue.
Paw pads: blue or old rose.

BLUE SILVER PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale bluish silver. Markings sound blue. Patches of cream or softly intermingled areas of cream on both body and extremities.
Nose leather: blue or old rose trimmed with blue and/or pink. Paw pads: blue or old rose and/or pink.
Eye color: green, hazel or brilliant copper.

RED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color red. Markings deep, rich red. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.
Nose leather and paw pads: brick red.
Eye color: brilliant copper.

PEKE-FACE RED TABBY (classic, mackerel): the peke-face cat should conform in color and general type to the standard set forth for the red tabby cat; however, allowance should be made for the slightly higher placement of the ears to conform with the underlying bone structure of the head which differs greatly from that of the standard Persian. The nose should be short, depressed and indented between the eyes. The muzzle should be wrinkled. Eyes should be large, round and set wide apart. The horizontal break, which is located between the usual nose break and the top dome of the head, runs straight across the front of the head creating half-moon boning above the eyes and an additional horizontal indentation located in the center of the forehead bone structure. This bone structure results in a very round head with a strong chin.

BROWN TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color brilliant coppery brown. Markings dense black. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes. Back of leg black from paw to heel.
Paw pads: black or brown.

BROWN PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color brilliant coppery brown. Markings of dense black. Patches of red or softly intermingled areas of red on both body and extremities. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.
Nose leather:brick red.

BLUE TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color, including lips and chin, pale bluish ivory. Markings a very deep blue affording a good contrast with ground color. Warm fawn overtones or patina over the whole.
Nose leather: old rose.
Paw pads: rose.

BLUE PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale bluish ivory. Markings of very deep blue affording a good contrast with ground color. Patches of cream or softly intermingled areas of cream on both body and extremities. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes. Warm fawn overtones or patina over the whole.
Nose leather: old rose and/or pink.
Paw pads: rose and/or pink.

CREAM TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale cream. Markings of buff or cream sufficiently darker than the ground color to afford good contrast, but remaining within the dilute color range. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.
Nose leather and paw pads: pink.

CAMEO TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color off-white. Markings red.
Eye Color: brilliant copper.

CREAM CAMEO TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color off-white. Markings cream.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:42 PM
Petfinder Moderator

hmm...try again. did you click on the insert image icon to paste the URL image location?

Quote:
Eh, I can't feel Blackie's ribs....could only feel loads of flesh ler....does that mean he's fat?

Quote:
Try to feel the cat's ribs, if you cant feel it, he's fat!
If you can easily feel the front leg bone, your cat is underweight...
wah....now i'm confused...what tabby is blackie??? hmmm...guess I'll have to read each of those possible descriptions again.

Quote:
Tabbies Colors and Patterns

CLASSIC TABBY PATTERN: markings dense, clearly defined, and broad. Legs evenly barred with bracelets coming up to meet the body markings. Tail evenly ringed. Several unbroken necklaces on neck and upper chest, the more the better. Frown marks on forehead form an intricate letter "M". Unbroken line runs back from outer corner of eye.

Swirls on cheeks. Vertical lines over back of head extend to shoulder markings which are in the shape of a butterfly with both upper and lower wings distinctly outlined and marked with dots inside outline. Back markings consist of a vertical line down the spine from butterfly to tail with a vertical stripe paralleling it on each side, the three stripes well separated by stripes of the ground color. Large solid blotch on each side to be encircled by one or more unbroken rings. Side markings should be the same on both sides. Double vertical rows of buttons on chest and stomach.

MACKEREL TABBY PATTERN: markings dense, clearly defined, and all narrow pencillings. Legs evenly barred with narrow bracelets coming up to meet the body markings.

Tail barred. Necklaces on neck and chest distinct, like so many chains. Head barred with an "M" on the forehead. Unbroken lines running back from the eyes. Lines running down the head to meet the shoulders. Spine lines run together to form a narrow saddle. Narrow pencillings run around body.

SILVER TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale, clear silver. Markings dense black.

Paw pads: black.

SILVER PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale silver. Markings of dense black. Patches of red or softly intermingled areas of red on both body and extremities.

BLUE SILVER TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale bluish silver. Markings sound blue.
Nose leather: blue or old rose trimmed with blue.
Paw pads: blue or old rose.

BLUE SILVER PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale bluish silver. Markings sound blue. Patches of cream or softly intermingled areas of cream on both body and extremities.
Nose leather: blue or old rose trimmed with blue and/or pink. Paw pads: blue or old rose and/or pink.
Eye color: green, hazel or brilliant copper.

RED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color red. Markings deep, rich red. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.
Nose leather and paw pads: brick red.

PEKE-FACE RED TABBY (classic, mackerel): the peke-face cat should conform in color and general type to the standard set forth for the red tabby cat; however, allowance should be made for the slightly higher placement of the ears to conform with the underlying bone structure of the head which differs greatly from that of the standard Persian. The nose should be short, depressed and indented between the eyes. The muzzle should be wrinkled. Eyes should be large, round and set wide apart. The horizontal break, which is located between the usual nose break and the top dome of the head, runs straight across the front of the head creating half-moon boning above the eyes and an additional horizontal indentation located in the center of the forehead bone structure. This bone structure results in a very round head with a strong chin.

BROWN TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color brilliant coppery brown. Markings dense black. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes. Back of leg black from paw to heel.
Paw pads: black or brown.

BROWN PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color brilliant coppery brown. Markings of dense black. Patches of red or softly intermingled areas of red on both body and extremities. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.
Nose leather:brick red.

BLUE TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color, including lips and chin, pale bluish ivory. Markings a very deep blue affording a good contrast with ground color. Warm fawn overtones or patina over the whole.
Nose leather: old rose.
Paw pads: rose.

BLUE PATCHED TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale bluish ivory. Markings of very deep blue affording a good contrast with ground color. Patches of cream or softly intermingled areas of cream on both body and extremities. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes. Warm fawn overtones or patina over the whole.
Nose leather: old rose and/or pink.
Paw pads: rose and/or pink.

CREAM TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color pale cream. Markings of buff or cream sufficiently darker than the ground color to afford good contrast, but remaining within the dilute color range. Lips and chin the same shade as the rings around the eyes.

CAMEO TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color off-white. Markings red.
Eye Color: brilliant copper.

CREAM CAMEO TABBY (classic, mackerel): ground color off-white. Markings cream.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
Eh, I can't feel Blackie's ribs....could only feel loads of flesh ler....does that mean he's fat?
What about the leg, can you feel the bone?

Quote:
wah....now i'm confused...what tabby is blackie??? hmmm...guess I'll have to read each of those possible descriptions again.
Blackie is a mackeral tabby.