Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Kucing Garong

Bareen is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen
Default Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimipurr View Post
Thanks Bareen, Ya ya I know am not proud of it-trying to kuruskan them now.
Wow Ah Meng(the white cat) is red patched tabby? Hmm will read some more.
Thanks again.

Mimi
My 1 year old Color Point, when I sent him for neuter, is about 6.8kg and that's was end of July. I just dont want to know how much he weight now. But Phaibun Nai is maintained fit, look slim but heavy. Maybe due to his flat, thin coat that made him appereared slim. He used to sleep and nap on my tummy, but now cannot already, too heavy....ayah tak leh nafas!!!

Old 10-20-2008, 05:32 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

aiyah!! u guys got fatso cat but mine are mostly lean and slim.Even Peterpan not even 5kg.Tomtom used to be the fatso in the group when she was a kitten also lost weight.sent them to the vet,the vet gave them clean bill of health.probably the play too muchlah. lompat sana lompat sini.terbang sana terbang sini.err,the only cat jump like she's flying is Coklat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Fat cats are very cute...I love Garfield for its fatness, BTW.

But I think at the same time, they need to be exercised. What I mean is, I think it's ok to eat so much, but exercise is important. Play with them more, instead of allowing them to eat, sleep and look pretty, or in your cats' case, look handsome.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:42 PM
Animal Lover

mimipurr is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bareen View Post
My 1 year old Color Point, when I sent him for neuter, is about 6.8kg and that's was end of July. I just dont want to know how much he weight now. But Phaibun Nai is maintained fit, look slim but heavy. Maybe due to his flat, thin coat that made him appereared slim. He used to sleep and nap on my tummy, but now cannot already, too heavy....ayah tak leh nafas!!!

My what a sleek looking cat your color point!!-maybe he has a big frame so is not overweight? Your cats look regal and fit.
Ah Meng is muscular but very buncit looks like he's pregnant! I prefer fit and sleek looking cats line furkids punya anak2.
Ya can't hold them for too long letih! What do you feed them? Mine is on RCFit32.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:43 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Glorious Tabby A Tribute to Tabby Cats in all Their Manifestations

wow, colour point's coat is sleek and elegant like a stallion's. very cun.

Quote:

haha, june, your cats' lean looks are probably genetic le...but i'd love to see coklat 'flying' if u can take a pic or video clip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
aiyah!! u guys got fatso cat but mine are mostly lean and slim.Even Peterpan not even 5kg.Tomtom used to be the fatso in the group when she was a kitten also lost weight.sent them to the vet,the vet gave them clean bill of health.probably the play too muchlah. lompat sana lompat sini.terbang sana terbang sini.err,the only cat jump like she's flying is Coklat.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Hi June,

I like prefer them fit and lean as long as healthy. Joe's brother(red tabby) is just around 5kg plus and is very active.
Also if your cats are 'local cats aka kampung cats'(my favourite) like some of mine they tend to be slimmer and not as muscular/big. My vet dah advise me to jaga their diet as not to gain more weight, so now am trying to cut down a bit. Postla picture coklat, oops mintak permission ya Bareen.

mimi
Old 10-20-2008, 05:54 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Fat cats are very cute...I love Garfield for its fatness, BTW.

But I think at the same time, they need to be exercised. What I mean is, I think it's ok to eat so much, but exercise is important. Play with them more, instead of allowing them to eat, sleep and look pretty, or in your cats' case, look handsome.
Thanks blackie for calling the two fatsos handsome. Joe-most of my friends think he looks like garfield and behaviour pun sama.
They do play a lot but not for long period as they mengah get out of breath easier than the others. And yes Joe's fav past time is to sleep.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:00 PM
Animal Lover

My cats are all kucing kampung.My favourite too.They are independent and clean freak.Ini gambar Coklat.badan dia ringan saja.Pakai satu tangan pun blh angkat.Nak amik gambar dia lompat dinding to dinding tak terkejar rasanya.lg pun dia ni tak suka dipegang.dia ada mood. very quiet dan mengiau suara mcm tak mau keluar.he!!he!!tp klu dia hantam Peterpan,Peterpan pun kalah.As I mentioned before.Peterpan tu sissy

By the way,I feed them twice a day.tak blh lebih lebih takut obese.

Quote:
Hi June,

I like prefer them fit and lean as long as healthy. Joe's brother(red tabby) is just around 5kg plus and is very active.
Also if your cats are 'local cats aka kampung cats'(my favourite) like some of mine they tend to be slimmer and not as muscular/big. My vet dah advise me to jaga their diet as not to gain more weight, so now am trying to cut down a bit. Postla picture coklat, oops mintak permission ya Bareen.

mimi
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coklat.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	1489  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:

My tabbies, Art Deef and Ulty are now at the age of 6 months. Had completed the 3x vaccination last Saturday. The vet again mistaken them as male kitten because of their look. For 4 months I myself had thought they are male kitten too.

Bareen what breed are they DLH?
I have one more tabby Mushang and he look's similar to yours in tabby character but has a slim/long face and shorter fur.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25-02-08_2334.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	1490  
Old 10-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
My cats are all kucing kampung.My favourite too.They are independent and clean freak.Ini gambar Coklat.badan dia ringan saja.Pakai satu tangan pun blh angkat.Nak amik gambar dia lompat dinding to dinding tak terkejar rasanya.lg pun dia ni tak suka dipegang.dia ada mood. very quiet dan mengiau suara mcm tak mau keluar.he!!he!!tp klu dia hantam Peterpan,Peterpan pun kalah.As I mentioned before.Peterpan tu sissy

Wow so cantik si coklat! Pandai posing dia. Any tabbies?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:12 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Wow so cantik si coklat! Pandai posing dia. Any tabbies?
I mean other tabbies.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Animal Lover

I don't have tabby cat.I ada 4 calico,1 putih dan 2 just grey and white.tak taulah klu si Coklat ni blh dipanggil tabby.he!!he!! tp dia bukan tabby.warna dia tompok2 mcm board games dam.

Quote:
I mean other tabbies.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 PM
Petfinder Moderator

my blackie initially got out of breath too, panted like a dog with tongue hanging out laa....but that was when he was young, now he doesn't over-exert himself.

Quote:
Thanks blackie for calling the two fatsos handsome. Joe-most of my friends think he looks like garfield and behaviour pun sama.
They do play a lot but not for long period as they mengah get out of breath easier than the others. And yes Joe's fav past time is to sleep.
Ah....June, your cats are all kucing kampung....mine is kucing ikan kembung kampung.....gakakakkak....trying to make him sound like a pedigree.....

Hey, coklat looks like peterpan, except for maybe the expression....coklat looks like deep in thought....the eyes look so dreamy-dreamy.

Err, I feed Blackie breakfast, lunch and dinner. And sometimes tea, depending on whether he asks for it or not. Tea is just milk, I think about 100ml.

Quote:

Quote:
I have one more tabby Mushang and he look's similar to yours in tabby character but has a slim/long face and shorter fur.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Animal Lover

yeah,yeah.very pedigree sound eh?? he!he!he!!

Peterpan have this cheeky expression.The reason why Coklat has so dreamy dreamy eyes because she's a loner and very quiet.If she were a dog,she makes a good hunting dog.boleh capture insect dgn cepat woh!! once she captured a bird,adus!! she growl satu mcm.takut dengar.pergerakkan dia sgt cepat.2 days ago,ada burung terbang kat tingkap bilik man bedroom,dia cepat lompat to the window and bergayut kat grill.I nearly kena heart attack watching her hanging around kat grill.

wah!! your Blackie eat a lot eh?? My cats only eat twice a day.takde tea break or whatsoever

QUOTE=blackie007;15035]my blackie initially got out of breath too, panted like a dog with tongue hanging out laa....but that was when he was young, now he doesn't over-exert himself.

Ah....June, your cats are all kucing kampung....mine is kucing ikan kembung kampung.....gakakakkak....trying to make him sound like a pedigree.....

Hey, coklat looks like peterpan, except for maybe the expression....coklat looks like deep in thought....the eyes look so dreamy-dreamy.

Err, I feed Blackie breakfast, lunch and dinner. And sometimes tea, depending on whether he asks for it or not. Tea is just milk, I think about 100ml.[/QUOTE]
Old 10-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Kucing Garong

Send a message via MSN to Bareen Send a message via Yahoo to Bareen Send a message via Skype™ to Bareen

Quote:
My what a sleek looking cat your color point!!-maybe he has a big frame so is not overweight? Your cats look regal and fit.
Ah Meng is muscular but very buncit looks like he's pregnant! I prefer fit and sleek looking cats line furkids punya anak2.
Ya can't hold them for too long letih! What do you feed them? Mine is on RCFit32.
I feed all my cat with RC Persian Kitten 32, Acana Kitten, Orijen and Sanabelle Kitten. Mix all together. Once a while give can food food.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:05 PM
Kucing Garong

Quote:
My tabbies are DLH but their mum is a purebreed persian. I like to mix match to produce a different look in my cat.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yes, i agree with u that peterpan has a cheeky expression.

oh my! coklat is dangerous to the birds!! i guess she's the equivalent of what they say about being beware of a quiet dog. oh, poor bird. maybe let her wear a bigger bell so she makes a lot of noise when she's about to jump on a bird?

yeah, blackie eats many meals, but all very small meals. At most, it's one and a half handfuls of kibbles, though it's usually only one handful.

Quote:
yeah,yeah.very pedigree sound eh?? he!he!he!!

Peterpan have this cheeky expression.The reason why Coklat has so dreamy dreamy eyes because she's a loner and very quiet.If she were a dog,she makes a good hunting dog.boleh capture insect dgn cepat woh!! once she captured a bird,adus!! she growl satu mcm.takut dengar.pergerakkan dia sgt cepat.2 days ago,ada burung terbang kat tingkap bilik man bedroom,dia cepat lompat to the window and bergayut kat grill.I nearly kena heart attack watching her hanging around kat grill.

wah!! your Blackie eat a lot eh?? My cats only eat twice a day.takde tea break or whatsoever