Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 04-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Animal Lover

aidamd is on a distinguished road
Default Those who feed their cats EVO, I need advice

Hey guys,

I wanted to change the food for cats to EVO. Ive always been wanting to try this and now I think I can afford it for all my 12 cats. However, I have one concern. Most reviews I read online from their loyal customers was not so good. They claimed the brand is no longer good as it was since it had been brought by P&G. is it true? Some even claimed that their felines started vomiting n all.

What about yours?
Old 04-06-2013, 01:30 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Kynthia is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Those who feed their cats EVO, I need advice

Hi Aida, I think the reaction varies from cats to cats. I feed both my cats with EVO... They shed less and have nicer fur compared to when they were on Blackwood Grain Free. However, I am thinking of switching soon as recently, I went to my regular pet store and found out there there are very few packets left... Reason: Local distributor changed. They are waiting for the things to be straightened up etc... There might also be a price hike.
Old 04-07-2013, 08:31 PM
Animal Lover

zatt is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Those who feed their cats EVO, I need advice

Hello there...

I stop feeding my cats EVO on their second bag..
For the first bag i bought (6 or 7 kgs), everything was good.. nothing bad happened.

But when it come to the second bag, one of my cat having soft poo... another one having diarrhea and vomiting... my vet asked me to stop giving evo and monitor their condition. My vet also mentioned that food with protein more then 40% can cause renal failure.. not sure about it... I stop feeding them Evo (ouch! $$$ wasted, still got 6 kgs! ) and tried Feline Caviar...

I read the same symptom on the web experienced by people who fed their cats with Evo. Some suspect that, the batch which manufactured after the company taken by P&G is the caused... maybe they change the ingredients..

Now, I stick with Feline Caviar... Protein = 32% + grain free... and my cats love it more than their previous Evo... Plus cheaper than Evo...
Old 04-08-2013, 05:20 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidamd View Post
Hey guys,

I wanted to change the food for cats to EVO. Ive always been wanting to try this and now I think I can afford it for all my 12 cats. However, I have one concern. Most reviews I read online from their loyal customers was not so good. They claimed the brand is no longer good as it was since it had been brought by P&G. is it true? Some even claimed that their felines started vomiting n all.

What about yours?
Innova evo is not for every cat. Some cats will benefit from its high protein content..like mine.. both of my cats grew up on evo..been feeding them evo for 3/4 years until they come about their 5th year. Senior year i call it..as for that..hitting the age of 5 and above.. cats dun need that much high protein anymore.. they might develop something else..so i stop and feeding on normal rc/blackwood.. some cats are also cant take high protein kibbles. Tho its good for some..might not good for many. As the pricing is hiking..its not good for pockets as well tho its one of the most that i prefer among all. its the cheapest holistic kibbles around.

We have a long old postibg discussing this brand particularly..u might want to dig more into old postings..
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM
Animal Lover

thanks for ur feedbacks. i really appreciate it =)
Old 04-26-2013, 09:23 AM
Animal Lover

zatt is on a distinguished road

Hello.. better avoid EVO at the moment since there is a recall cases...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-204_162-...er-salmonella/

Quote:
Natura Pet Products is recalling its dry foods for dogs and cats because they may be contaminated with salmonella bacteria.

Natura Pet's voluntary recall, announced April 19, includes all dry pet food products with expiration dates prior to and including March 24, 2013.

The brands include:

California Natural
EVO
Healthwise
Innova
Natura Pet, based in Fremont, Neb., is a maker of "natural" and "holistic" pet foods, according to a company statement on the Food and Drug Administration's website.

All UPC codes and lot codes for dry food products with expiration dates before and including March 24, 2014 are included in the recall. Images of several of the products in question can be found on the FDA's website. The recall is an expansion of one that had been announced by the company last month.

Common household items pose health danger to pets

The affected products were sold through veterinary clinics and select pet specialty retailers throughout the United States and in Canada, Hong Kong, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia and Costa Rica. The products were also sold online.

No canned wet foods or biscuits, however, are affected by the announcement.

Pets infected with salmonella can appear tired, or have diarrhea (sometimes bloody), fever and vomiting. Some pets may not show these obvious symptoms, and may experience decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Other pets may be healthy but could still spread the bacteria to other animals -- or their human owners.

"If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian," Natura Pet urged consumers.

Humans may also be at risk from handling the pet food directly.

People infected with salmonella may develop symptoms like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Symptoms often last about four to seven days, and most people will recover without treatment. Some individuals, including children, the elderly and those with weakened immune systems may be at risk for more serious complications that require hospitalization.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Animal Lover

thanks for the info zatt.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM
PetFinder Guru

hanissyazwan is on a distinguished road

evo cat foon is good. however if your cat not used to high end food. our fur fur bulu will have Diarrhea... because of high proten...

but its just a short period of time. later on when u keep giving evo up to 3month.u will notieced your cat will gain weight