Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 04-25-2009, 02:36 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

hi cookie,
here the link http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...1452#post41452

here the sign of Boycott stores that sell Backyard breeder dogs and cats. NEVER buy anything from a pet store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookie View Post
DIMB, I will be waiting for your youtube to watch you speak at midnight today. Since I will be watching American Idol results tonight on 8TV starting 11.45pm, I will watch American Idol using one eye and use my other eye to watch you speak.
Learnt this trick from Captain Jack Sparrow HAWK.

Do keep up your good work, DIMB. Cheers!

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:17 PM
i'm da devil.....

jenn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop

em... i've been to one of the byb "FARM" accidently.... it's some where in SHAH ALAM, me and my sis actually tot that the palce was a pet shop, but end up... we feel so sorry for allda dogs in tat palce.. most of them are poddles. The owner actually post an adv on petfinder's web, and with only RM350 then we can get one Poddle from them.. but end up they are selling T RM900. btw they only give 7days warranty for da puppys.

the place really scare the 2 of us... but still we tried to nego da price with da seller... just for fun by the end of da day we actually never buy any puppy from them... i'm just wonderin is there any ways tat we could report this kinda cases??? how...
Old 04-27-2009, 05:53 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Jenn,
Thanks for sharing, At the moment not have a rule for saying pet shop cannot sell any cat or dog at Malaysia. Boycott stores that sell dogs and cats. Tell them that you are taking your business elsewhere until they stop selling dogs and cats.
what you can do is tell your friends NEVER buy a puppy or kitten from that pet store. NEVER buy anything from that pet store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenn View Post
em... i've been to one of the byb "FARM" accidently.... it's some where in SHAH ALAM, me and my sis actually tot that the palce was a pet shop, but end up... we feel so sorry for allda dogs in tat palce.. most of them are poddles. The owner actually post an adv on petfinder's web, and with only RM350 then we can get one Poddle from them.. but end up they are selling T RM900. btw they only give 7days warranty for da puppys.

the place really scare the 2 of us... but still we tried to nego da price with da seller... just for fun by the end of da day we actually never buy any puppy from them... i'm just wonderin is there any ways tat we could report this kinda cases??? how...

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Old 06-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road

Hi my friends (those of you who are against BYB and shops that support byb by selling livestock - cats, dogs).

i was surprised to stumble upon this particular thread - finally this subject has been brought to light and at petfinder.my no less.

i have stopped buying from pet supplies stores (i'll call them that for that's what they are - selling pet supplies) that also sell livestocks (e.g. cats, dogs, etc). i know that to even give them 1 sen of my business would means supporting the BYB industry.

i wonder if talking about this at this forum is adequate or all ye bloggers out there also need to take up the battle at your own blogs.

i have wondered at the effectiveness of using this forum (www.petfinder.my) to raise awareness of such important issues as this when this very forum (www.petfinder.my) is promoting the byb industry by allowing them to post and promote their trades here.

i have faith in all your support and dedication to this important cause just doubtful about the appropriateness of this forum as a platform to spread the message.

i had a run-in with a byb and i wrote it here and also vociferously stated my stand against byb why i think they should be banned, etc and i was castigated by not only that byb but by her friends and supporters who have populated this forum down right to the people who purported to "patrol" this forum to ensure a minimum decency of opinion is maintained.

by all means, spread the message, i fully agree with you here. also byb need not rely solely on selling livestock to make a living, when times are lean, they may also resort to other "side-incomes" such as grooming, pet-sitting/boarding, etc.

my thought :

1. boycotting pet supplies stores that also sells livestock cos they support the byb industry (just like all of you have voiced out here)

aside from the above:

2. disclose, tell all, share your experience if have any run-ins with byb ...create awareness, you may think that "aiya, no need to create trouble lah, just don't want to talk to her /him will do"...so that people are aware who are the byb: i mean i'm sure the byb won't mind - why should you mind being exposed for being byb? you're a byb - you dare to be a byb, then dare to own up to it! and if your post is stopped by forum administrators/moderators, then you know the truth....

3. if you know a byb is also providing other services related to pets, boycot that, in short have nothing to do with them, and spread the words to your friends and acquantainces.

4. MAKE YOUR $$$ COUNTS AND MAKE YOUR $$$ SPEAKS FOR YOU

5. spread the message that WHEN THE BUYING/SELLING STOPS, SO WILL THE SUFFERING AND PERPETUATING OF THE CYCLE OF SUFFERING!

just my two cents
Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Ashley,
Great for supported Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. Our forum have people promotion as pet shop selling Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop? We should not step to their shop. Also they not allow for promotion in the thread. But we sure forum admin will take action to this people.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

Hi dimb,

no thanks needed just doing my bit.

in my humble opinion, byb need not necessarily do their trade via pet supplies store, there are those that operate from their houses, i'm sure we have come across this -and i don't mean the registered breeders - i mean those who breed cats for profits, whether they breed the cats frequently or intermittently. some are a bit more thoughtful and considerate, even though caging their "livestocks" up, still provide adequate nutrition and ensure cats are healthy, etc (cos healthy cats fetch higher price) they are still bybs. they will argue they are not cruel to the animals, they give proper health care and nutrition to the animals therefore they are nnot byb....it's a matter of symantec they're arguing but they also missed the point - they are encouraging the vicious cycle of too many pets and too little responsible ownership - cos ultimately in the end, what they're concerned about is "bottomline". being nice to the cats ensure their bottomline is better that's all. that;s not true compassion and altruism for the welfare of animals. we're aiming for compassion and understanding and awareness, we recognises that not many human beings on this planet have genuine altruism for fellow sentient beings so we're not even asking for that. we're hoping for awareness and understand and in awareness and understanding hopefully compassion and kindness will be germinated.

they may even donate some money to charity and other pet rescuers cos they're not that cruel and they do love animals, however to this group of people, i do hope and wish that they too come around and understand that if they truly love animals as they claim, they too will not want animals to suffer (here we use cats and dogs as domesticated animal example), be it animals under their care or not under their care (abandonned, strays), for this very reason alone, they could help if they give up their business.

one can always make a living and earn an income by other proper means that do not create suffering for other sentient beings, we're given by means to do so by THe ALmighty, it need not be at the expense of others' suffering, whether human or animals or insect, etc, etc.

i see many offers to sell domestic pets on this forum and not all of them operate a pet supplies store. some are registered breeders, some are not ...

maybe our govt cannot or will regulate or restrict "commercial trade" in pets but at the very least it can formulate rules, regulations and guidance (or improve upon it) on welfare of animals, with clear definition, and clear-cut power to enforce and punish those who breached it...just a thought.

where there's demand there'll be supply that's why

WHEN THE BUYING STOP, SO WILL THE SUFFERING!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Ashley,
Great for supported Campaign Stop puppy and kitten Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop. Our forum have people promotion as pet shop selling Backyard breeder do trade through Pet Shop? We should not step to their shop. Also they not allow for promotion in the thread. But we sure forum admin will take action to this people.
Old 06-03-2009, 10:04 PM
Banned

hi dimb,

also the arrangement to buy and see by byb at this forum need not be available to public purview - there's no rule on this on this forum - it's done through PM (private messaging).

so what you see is not always what you thought - and vice versa too...
Old 06-04-2009, 02:06 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleywong View Post
hi dimb,

also the arrangement to buy and see by byb at this forum need not be available to public purview - there's no rule on this on this forum - it's done through PM (private messaging).

Ashley,
dont call them as breeder, I check with my friend at spain, he said here the breeder you talk about is not a breeder...it is called "dogseller", only sell dogs like other any thing...
is same as catseller too, they sell animal for living without after care the quality.

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 06-04-2009 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-04-2009, 11:16 AM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

Since this has nothing to do with any Org, guess i'll just chip in...

I found out that there is a petshop at Subang Jaya that is selling silky's about RM1300. Microchiped with MKA. However, they are selling to their staff for RM500... i wonder how much is their cost...
Old 06-04-2009, 11:38 AM
PetFinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post

I found out that there is a petshop at Subang Jaya that is selling silky's about RM1300. Microchiped with MKA. However, they are selling to their staff for RM500... i wonder how much is their cost...
Hi Khengteik, long time didn't meet, yea. those dog for own breed, is free of cost. they still earn when sold as rm500. Those poeple no as breeder. they are dogseller.

Old 06-04-2009, 01:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post

I
hi khengteik

hey, don't be afraid lah...

come join in the conversation.
Old 06-04-2009, 01:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
Ashley,
dont call them as breeder, I check with my friend at spain, he said here the breeder you talk about is not a breeder...it is called "dogseller", only sell dogs like other any thing...
is same as catseller too, they sell animal for living without after care the quality.
Right you are - will do from now onwards!
Old 06-04-2009, 01:06 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Hi, Now I have do introduced the soidog-foundation.org to Malaysia. Soi Dog Foundation is a not-for-profit, legally registered charitable organization, read more at http://forums.petfinder.my/showthrea...6286#post46286

Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

there's also another reason i don't buy from pet supplies stores that sell livestock, i know they don't care about the health of their livestock (the cats and dogs) and neither do they really bother much about sanitation and hygiene of their shops - hence all stuff they sell there, especially those soft furnishings, cages, etc all not clean and hygienic.

call me paraonoid but there you have it - more reasons not to purchase from them.

hope to hear from more who also actively avoid buying from shops the sells cats, dogs, other animals.

is there a list of petshops that don't deal in livestocks compiled here? if yes, i'd like to have a look at it...i want to check them out, get their coordinates (gps) contribute the coordinates to the gps mapping community so that people with pnd can easily get to them - hah another way that i can contribute and do to help the cause
Old 06-04-2009, 01:16 PM
PetFinder Moderator

Ashley,
at the moment we not do list up the pet shop, because it concern with people business and still have supporter support this shop. You know why, they can earn some comission when introduced someone buy cat or dog over there.
as long as inform friends or member dont go. that can said already good work.

Quote:
there's also another reason i don't buy from pet supplies stores that sell livestock, i know they don't care about the health of their livestock (the cats and dogs) and neither do they really bother much about sanitation and hygiene of their shops - hence all stuff they sell there, especially those soft furnishings, cages, etc all not clean and hygienic.

call me paraonoid but there you have it - more reasons not to purchase from them.

hope to hear from more who also actively avoid buying from shops the sells cats, dogs, other animals.

is there a list of petshops that don't deal in livestocks compiled here? if yes, i'd like to have a look at it...i want to check them out, get their coordinates (gps) contribute the coordinates to the gps mapping community so that people with pnd can easily get to them - hah another way that i can contribute and do to help the cause

Old 06-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

Very... true, it is not always what you see is real here. Many BYB in here pretend to be pet lover & also many of their friends or supporters talk & act like true pet lover but yet firmly support this unethical breeder, this is what I call pure hypocrite. As long as this ppl choose to close their eyes or keep their mouth shut just bcoz they are their friends then all their pet loving declaration are bullshit. Remember you have the choice of your friends, why choose one who is cruel to animal as friend if you love them so much.

If you love them so much you shud stand up for them, expose this unethical breeder & their cruelty so that naive & innocent pet lover will not fall prey to this vulture.
We know who we are & we also know who they are.

Quote:
hi dimb,

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 06-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

I want to add on to this....

I read from somewhere that a forum member here took her cat to this pet supplies shop for spaying. The owner had listed "simple surgery like spaying or neutering" as one of its services. The spaying job was badly done, the sutures ripped opened.

She took her cat back, and the cat was boarded for 5 days at extra charges. Then, she was told the cat has to be boarded for another week. She didn't want that, as she was getting real worried about her cat. She said she would go and pick up the cat herself from the "clinic" where the pet shop owner had sent her cat.

Imagine her shock when she saw the place.....it looked more like a breeding centre than a clinic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
Very... true, it is not always what you see is real here. Many BYB in here pretend to be pet lover & also many of their friends or supporters talk & act like true pet lover but yet firmly support this unethical breeder, this is what I call pure hypocrite. As long as this ppl choose to close their eyes or keep their mouth shut just bcoz they are their friends then all their pet loving declaration are bullshit. Remember you have the choice of your friends, why choose one who is cruel to animal as friend if you love them so much.

If you love them so much you shud stand up for them, expose this unethical breeder & their cruelty so that naive & innocent pet lover will not fall prey to this vulture.
We know who we are & we also know who they are.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:05 PM
PetFinder Moderator

continue as below

Last edited by dog is my buddy; 06-04-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-04-2009, 05:06 PM
PetFinder Moderator

What the horrible happen when heard this true story, How come pet supplies shop can be clinic? isn't from own kitten mill pretending to be a clinic? This spaying or neutering is very simple surgery operation.
From process the patient is anesthetized and the fur is removed at the surgery site to The skin sutures are in place and once healing has occured are removed in 8 to 12 days. This is the lesson for everyone, dont send your loving pet to those name as clinic under pet shop. Please bring to real animals clinic. Your pet value not just RM50, 100, it more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post

I read from somewhere that a forum member here took her cat to this pet supplies shop for spaying. The owner had listed "simple surgery like spaying or neutering" as one of its services. The spaying job was badly done, the sutures ripped opened.

She took her cat back, and the cat was boarded for 5 days at extra charges. Then, she was told the cat has to be boarded for another week. She didn't want that, as she was getting real worried about her cat. She said she would go and pick up the cat herself from the "clinic" where the pet shop owner had sent her cat.

Imagine her shock when she saw the place.....it looked more like a breeding centre than a clinic.

Old 06-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

First of all this is what happen when you send your pet to a witch doctor to do the spaying. I always believe all veterinary job shud be done by a qualify vet. A pet shop shud focus on their retailing & a vet to his professional veterinary service.

I think this forum member shud expose this so call kitty mill cum veterinary to prevent other innocent ppl into sending their poor pets to maybe their last journey to the so call vet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA

Last edited by Coony; 06-04-2009 at 07:04 PM.