Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-27-2009, 10:49 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

Ruth,
if u wan 2 noe y Krisnan back up DBKL officer, I'll tell u.
Old 02-27-2009, 11:31 AM
Animal Lover

redzjack is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Ruth,
do share with us...

if u have any latest news update...

or any protest again? we shall all support again make the voice bigger!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Animal Lover

redzjack is on a distinguished road

lynielime, may b u can help us send the msg from all of us here to SPCA representetive...

i believe we all here pointed to SPCA not u... and what we concern just our furkids... we dun want to see this continue and if can... stop killing...

simple as that
Old 02-27-2009, 01:47 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Hi melmel

I did pm u my no. yesterday and again just now. Maybe u can pm your no. to me.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:51 PM
Animal Rescuer

Hi melmel

i've dropped you a line at your email. plse check. thanks.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Animal Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by melmel View Post
Ruth,
Of course I want to know, in fact dying to know.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:18 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

I found up have two kind person claims themselves as homeless animal’s protector. First kind they always doing the simple thing, like wrote article at forum tell people how to do or work out, If they free, they will follow friends doing protest at street when have any protest Gatherings . They will keep the protest recycle board, use back when have next protest Gatherings.
The second kinds, they do as pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters to assist homeless dogs and cats in seeking a proper home. They do volunteer work for animal’s shelters when free at week end. They do education and service to public.

I think myself is second kind.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:00 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Sorry, sorry, Clement, but I really burst out laughing when I read that sentence I highlighted. So funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
I found up have two kind person claims themselves as homeless animal’s protector. First kind they always doing the simple thing, like wrote article at forum tell people how to do or work out, If they free, they will follow friends doing protest at street when have any protest Gatherings . They will keep the protest recycle board, use back when have next protest Gatherings.
The second kinds, they do as pet rescuers, fosterers and adopters to assist homeless dogs and cats in seeking a proper home. They do volunteer work for animal’s shelters when free at week end. They do education and service to public.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

Ahh..... the race is on.... lets see who gets the Kevlar first... I know i have mine on.... A handy M16 on my right hand and a granade launcher on my left...

I know everyone is worked up regarding the issue on SPCA... The SPCA volunteers would stick to SPCA, and the general public will be against SPCA....

SPCA has sent me an email from my posts in pp.com... Although I've tried to read it with an open mind.... there are things that keeps bugging me.... There were quite a few items that was explained to me, and the thing that bugged me the most is this...

Quote:
Please do not compare us to the SPCAs in the US, or even Singapore. These countries do not have a stray animal crisis which we have here, which is probably why they can afford to rehabilitate almost all animals they receive. We too do try to rehab some of the animals we receive (we sometimes even keep lost animals or collected strays at our PR office in a bungalow) but when you receive 650 animals a month we struggle to cope.
If my memory serves me correct, (no guessing game here Jeff) from the advertisements that is posted in YouTube and also from the reviews i've been reading about SPCA in other countries, U.S. does have an issue on strays... And guess what, quite alot of their strays are pedigrees, as well as mixed breed.. That is why public funding is used to buy a Mobile Clinic which is used by SPCA U.S. to neuter animals.. Cats and Dogs alike... (which is also a fact). The number of strays in the States might be not as much as Malaysia now... But this is because of the animal protection act and also the awareness programs that are being done by SPCA U.S. to educate the people in general... And another fact is for the past few years since i ACTIVELY become involved with animals, I have yet to see any advertisements by SPCA regarding talks on animal cruelty... All I see and hear from SPCA is this sale and that sale.... And most of them is only in forums...

I know that Tax rebate is given to companies that sponsor Educational Programs in Colleges, Polytechnics and Universities... Tax rebate if i'm not mistaken is also given to companies that sponsor or help out with welfare societies that are registered.... Therefore, if SPCA would confront the mass media, I'm sure they will be obliged to help and SPCA would not even need to spend a single cent on promoting or advertising...

Why i don't volunteer at SPCA?? The answer is simple, IF SPCA is doing things that are to prevent cruelty to animals... I would gladly go... but since they are doing the same with PAWS... Why don't I go to Paws since it is like 10mins away from my place...

Some ppl would say that I am all talk but no work.... to me, SPCA is the same... All TALK about animal cruelty but nothing aggressive is done by them to educate the general public.... and to educate the general public, the main group of people that they should target is NON-animal lovers.... My question again... since these people are not animal lovers, would they log in to pp.com website or petfinder website or PAWS website or SPCA website?? The answer here is very clear.... Another point is, why educate only children?? Their parents must also be educated.. So what is the point of going to schools and tell the kids that must be gentle to animals, cannot do this, cannot do that, but at the end of the day, when these kids go back home, their parents are doing the opposite of what is being thought to them???

Last edited by khengteik; 02-27-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road

Correct me if I am wrong but SPCA have tax exemption status. They are the only non-profit/government animal shelter/rescue organization where they don't have to pay taxes AT ALL.

I have to agree with khengteik. When the name SPCA, I hear all the jumbo sales, charity drives, setting up counters in Bangsar Village to get tai-tai to donate, etc. (Correct me if I am wrong) I don't hear awareness programs or any form of education programs. I have to admit I heard news of their rescue but most on cats. I don't mean to be sound "animalist (like racist on species)" but the government or part of the public seems to always take cats as "God sent". Even the law states DOG instead of animals.

I guess if the issue is not about $$$, people won't get disheartened.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:38 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Jeffrey,
If you wish a politician to know about this issue, there is a way. Remember that time when RPK, a blogger and a Sin Chew reporter were detained under ISA at the same time?

I felt very strongly about the detention of the reporter who was just doing her duty by reporting exactly what she heard. So I blogged about it in my blog, and then went to Abdullah & Mahathir's blog, and left comments there with a link to my post in my blog.

And I believe I wasn't the only one who did that. Quite a number of my fellow bloggers felt the same way, and that, Jeffrey, is one way to reach the politicians.

That is why I said do something if you feel strongly about it. For me, I feel more strongly about rehoming young, helpless kittens that are abandoned by their owners because they never bothered to spay their cats. So, that is where I'm channeling my energy and time, to help in pet rehoming work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Read View Post
If you or anyone else know any existing mechanism, please raise it up for I would like to understand more about it.

Khengteik....the war is on!

And before you think it's a war between those for and those against SPCA, let me clarify that I am ambivalent about SPCA. I'm not a volunteer, either.

So, this is nothing personal. I'm just letting my creative juice run wild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
Ahh..... the race is on.... lets see who gets the Kevlar first... I know i have mine on.... A handy M16 on my right hand and a granade launcher on my left...

I know everyone is worked up regarding the issue on SPCA... The SPCA volunteers would stick to SPCA, and the general public will be against SPCA....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fire.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	3629  
Old 02-28-2009, 10:12 AM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

khengteik,
Well said. Based on the quote you've received from SPCA, its very obvious that SPCA knows next to nothing about what is actually happening in the US. They should have seen the Oprah Show before making that foolish statement.

Perhaps you should tell them, how many animals US shelters receive per month and ask them if that is a crisis! That should be a mind-boggling one at least to them.

No matter what, I do not discount the good intentions of SPCA but SPCA must learn to realize that there are better way of doing things when people offer their suggestions etc. More so, when so many people have complained about SPCA, its hard to believe that everyone that complained or offered suggestions etc are wrong! Sounds very similar to our government huh!

To have a mentality that 1 knows best or everything is nothing short of being a fool. Even I myself dare not claim to know everything for there is so much to learn in 1's lifetime but I will step up & claim that I WANT to learn everything than comes my way, in order that I can improve myself so that I can make better decisions in the future.

tanuki,
I do not know for sure if SPCA is granted Tax Exemption Status under the Income Tax Act 1967. To have a tax exemption status will literally mean that any donations given to a tax exempted entity, the donor will be able to offset the amount donated against the his/her or corporations tax. Of course, the tax exempted entity will have to issue a receipt for you to claim against and the receipt must have the approved wordings & code number if I am not mistaken.

Check your annual statements it should be shown inside unless it had been removed on purpose. Trust me, the tax authorities had removed many things already in order that people become ignorant of the law.

blackie007,
Being a mere politician is insufficient for me. That is why the Premiership is the prize if 1 really intends to make changes on anything even animal cruelty.

I like your optimism on the way to reach our politicians via electronic media. It shows hope. However I chose to differ for I know I am being "watched" online. So, why reach out when I am already its look out list! Oh trust me, they do know! The question remains to be asked now is, are you or anyone worth the effort for action to be taken against?

Let me give you a recent example of express courier service. About 2 weeks ago, I was hoping mad enough to write to the MB over a predicament I was facing with a local council. I was literally in a quagmire as I needed a directive of the MB to quash the ridiculous demand of the local council. Anyway, my letter was delivered to the MB via his personal assistant who is a friend of mine.

Guess what, my letter is temporarily on KIV in another department as directed by the MB. Bloody hell! The moral of the story is that like of above, is my case worth the effort to be taken up by the MB. A professional once said, "Unless I had donated a million bucks to the MB, who was I!" Well, the professional seems to be correct for now, otherwise he will not be a professional now, wouldn't he!

Not only have I been a critic to the ruling government but opposition as well. When the opposition replied with the I-know-all-everything-attitude, that really pissed me off. Of course now, I am having the last laugh as the government slowly destroys the opposition piece by piece.

Someone wrote somewhere about politicians will take notice eventually about united demonstrations or something along that line. Makes me wonder, are our politicians staying in Malaysia? Wasn't it shown in 360 or published in the central region newspapers, so how could not 1 Member of Parliament not pick up on this? For that it should be in the Malaysia Guinness Book of Records, agree?

I can hear the war drums beating away but always prefer brains over brawns. Calculated risks to be more direct. Besides my stand will be the same against demonstrations but I surely hope & pray that anyone who continues with the demonstrations will be able to prove me wrong. "For Animal Cruelty"

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-28-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:13 PM
User Account Terminated

Guess what everybody, I just received a call from KL asking what I think about our existing government leadership and its leaders in specific! Coincidence, you tell me and after posting the above within like within minutes.

To the government
If you want to pick me up, set an appointment with me but things shall be exclusively on alleged animal cruelty. I think I may have found a solution to this crazy nightmare and of course credits to FurKids and aliciahorsley and others for helping me out unravel this puzzle.

I will not rat on you and whatever happens between us remains between us. You have my word as a gentleman. Lets make this nightmare go away permanently and best of all, save more RM on this issue.

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-28-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:39 PM
User Account Terminated

off-topic
Recall the gibberish boy mentioned earlier. Well, he was caught after giving swimming lessons to 3 kittens Michelps Phelps style yesterday by his grandpa. Unfortunately, 1 kitten had died and the remaining 2 was removed by the mother cat.

Well the boy grandparents are the softest people I know and are against violence. The boy is currently staying with his grandparents and not with his parents since day 1 as his parents have since parted and now with different partners or whatever.

What makes a Standard 5 year old kid to do such things puzzles me. With the absence of immediate parental care, somehow it has to be related with its genes, he inherited I believe. Genes are hardwired into every cell and as far as I can see this boy looks & thinks like his dad and talks like his mum. His parents, how should I say aren't the best of examples as individuals either. Of course, the boy thinks he is the "cleverest" of all, even cleverer than me. Sounds very fimiliar to some people here huh! LOL

Since a long time ago when I said he has a devilish side but nobody believe and was against my thought. Well after last night's, I am sure his grandparents are having some doubts by now. So khengteik, with reference to your posting, even without parental guidance, children will eventually behaved in a manner its genes was programmed to do.

There is something interesting which I would like to ask that is open. If a child above the legal age continues to do mischief while his brothers & sisters turned out perfectly fine, is this the fault of the parents or grandparents? Can the child blame his parents or grandparents later on?

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-28-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Animal Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post

Hi DIMB, there are more than 2 kinds of people in this world. will write more on this later. nice to know u belong to 2nd kind. how abt helping with this UPM cruelty issue? they are helping to churn out butchers in the next generation. you'll definitely see crime rate continuing to increase with universities conducting 'criminal' activities for the future leaders of this country. CRUELTY IS MOST CERTAINLY A CRIMINAL ACTIVITY, isn't it?
Old 02-28-2009, 06:33 PM
Animal Lover

jacinta.spca is on a distinguished road

Hello all.

Have been watching this thread (and threads on other forums) with mixed emotions of sadness, happiness and deep amusement.

So far I have personally e-mailed KhengTeik (I see an excerpt is posted here, am wondering why KhengTeik didnt reply my second e-mail response) two long mail on what it is exactly that the SPCA Selangor does. As I have mentioned to him, please do not judge our activities based on our websites, as it is outdated. Good news is - our new website goes live tomorrow, so check it out at www.spca.org.my

Really good to see some of you are doing good work for the animals - funnily enough I either already know some of you or have heard of you before. SPCA does not maintain a presence pet forums but we are always alerted by volunteers and fosterers everytime there is a mention/ discussion about us, in whatever context.

KhengTeik and Jeffrey, it is true that Asian countries face a more vicious overpopulation crisis compared to Western countries - I am not only talking about the number of animals, but also the number of animal welfare organisations who are on hand to handle the crisis, legislation and enforcement, and the pro-activeness of the community, society or government. If you would like to argue this point, I'd be happy to hear it.

Also, in terms of Humane Education @ SPCA, here's a brief overview -

- Over 2,000 students visited us last year to volunteer, fulfill their Community Service requirements, discuss their animal welfare-themed assignments, watch educational presentations and tie-in with us to bring SPCA to their schools or colleges.

- We have held Spay Days coupled with educational presentations for pet owners in Bentong twice and in Rawang once on 2007-2008

- Last year, we visited 22 kindergartens, primary schools, high schools, and colleges to conduct our humane education program, which focuses on Responsible Pet Ownership and for the young ones a session called Animals and Us

We are in the process of implementing an evaluation, monitoring and improvement system so we can learn what works for our students, and what leads to changes in their behavior towards animals.

I know this much because I handle the Humane Education portfolio. So if you have more queries or comments about our Education work, please feel free to contact me!

Also, as for publicizing our Humane Ed program, we usually don't do any pre-publicity in the media. These sessions are mostly held within the school, and are not open to the public. However, we do highlight them in our weekly emails to our database of supporters.

Am happy to answer your questions, so please play nice. I do not often log on to the forums online to chat, as there are always other pressing matters at work. Please e-mail me at jacinta.spca@gmail.com :)

Regards,
Jacinta Johnson-Chan
Asst Manager, Marketing & Comm Dept
SPCA Selangor
Old 02-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Animal Rescuer

Let's stop 'fighting' over SPCA, okay? I've some good news to share. But, I would like someone from SPCA to verify so that I can truly celebrate.

I heard that SPCA will be moving to new premises. A new premise which costs in the region of RM1 million to RM1.5 million. This is truly marvellous news indeed, if it is true. It spells hope for the animals as I'm sure with this kind of $$$, the animals can have new pens, cages, better facilities. Maybe, we have misjudged SPCA after all, if this is true.

It has been depressing lately - animal cruelty being the dominant issue but not much action taken, but at last I do see some light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. Great news indeed, if it is true, that at last SPCA is doing something to ensure that the animals get good homes.

Someone, please confirm the good news for us. I'm sure we want the animals to have better facilities as that's what the donations to SPCA are for - the animals. Do let us know as well when the move is expected to take place. I would love to help move the animals to their new home. What a change it will be from the present depressing state of things.

So, I'm waiting for confirmation. I want to be the first to toast SPCA if this is true.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:42 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Why don't you write to jacintha personally at jacinta.spca@gmail.com and hear it from the horse's mouth? she has asked anyone who has questions to email her directly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
Let's stop 'fighting' over SPCA, okay? I've some good news to share. But, I would like someone from SPCA to verify so that I can truly celebrate.

I heard that SPCA will be moving to new premises. A new premise which costs in the region of RM1 million to RM1.5 million. This is truly marvellous news indeed, if it is true. It spells hope for the animals as I'm sure with this kind of $$$, the animals can have new pens, cages, better facilities. Maybe, we have misjudged SPCA after all, if this is true.

It has been depressing lately - animal cruelty being the dominant issue but not much action taken, but at last I do see some light at the end of a long, dark tunnel. Great news indeed, if it is true, that at last SPCA is doing something to ensure that the animals get good homes.

Someone, please confirm the good news for us. I'm sure we want the animals to have better facilities as that's what the donations to SPCA are for - the animals. Do let us know as well when the move is expected to take place. I would love to help move the animals to their new home. What a change it will be from the present depressing state of things.

So, I'm waiting for confirmation. I want to be the first to toast SPCA if this is true.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:37 AM
Animal Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Why don't you write to jacintha personally at jacinta.spca@gmail.com and hear it from the horse's mouth? she has asked anyone who has questions to email her directly.
Yes, I will. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:40 AM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

Jacinta
The reason i didn't reply your 2nd email is because i don't feel the need to justify myself further. I've taken note of all that you have said and like i said in my earlier post, I'm just waiting to see action from SPCA. Yes, i might be all talk but no action. But why do I want to commit myself to organizations that do not walk the talk? I would also prefer an open conversation where everyone can participate.

Please refer to my earlier post... In my point of view, Humane Education should be started the other way around.. The target people that should be given these talks to are the parents or older generations and also non-animal lovers. And how many of these people would purposely go in to SPCA website or PAWS website or any other websites regarding animals? Regarding the website of SPCA, I do not think of anything wrong to judge the activities of SPCA by its website. I have the privilege of meeting a few web designers/graphic artists including one lady from Europe. And according to them, websites now are very easy to update and maintain. Therefore, I would not be wrong to judge SPCA based on the website. If such small things such as updating the website is difficult to do, how can more difficult things be done? However, I am glad that something is done to the website and hopefully we would be able to get more information there.

As for being in web forums, I do not understand what is so difficult to be involved in discussions in forums? Everyone in the forums are in the forum for the same purpose... Which is for the welfare of animals.... Well.. not all... but most... I'm curious on why being so secretive and also being so distant?

Quote:
KhengTeik and Jeffrey, it is true that Asian countries face a more vicious overpopulation crisis compared to Western countries - I am not only talking about the number of animals, but also the number of animal welfare organisations who are on hand to handle the crisis, legislation and enforcement, and the pro-activeness of the community, society or government. If you would like to argue this point, I'd be happy to hear it.
To be honest, i do not know of the overpopulation issues in other Asian countries as the only other Asian countries that i have visited is Thailand and Indonesia. It could be true that there are alot of animal welfare organizations in European countries... And to be really really honest, we cannot compare Malaysia with other European or American countries. However, with all due respect what has SPCA done for the past 50yrs? I agree that there are changes... Especially currently.... But from the looks of things, (which again is not a guessing game, Jeff) SPCA tends to like to sit on things. SPCA submits a petition or report... Then wait and wait and wait.... If waiting is part of a solution, then i guess alot of people would just sit at home and wait for money to fall on their lap...

Quote:
Since our petition in 2003-2006, we collected 83,000 signatures and handed it to the Prime Ministers office - in support of revising current animal cruelty legislation which has a ridiculously paltry fine of RM200. We have since been told (for two years now) that they are in the process of revising it to include a 4-digit fine, and it will be passed in 2009.
Jeffrey
Genes again ark.... dang... i think i need ot get a book on that and read about it..... if i really have the time....

tanuki, Jeff
About the tax redemption for SPCA, I would not know. What I do know is if a company is giving out money/sponsoring for a University/College/Polytechnic/Schools or any other registered educational entities, that company just needs to submit the receipt and the total amount of money sponsored/given will be deducted from their Tax. Which means in the end of the day, the company will pay less tax and also be helping whichever education organization that they choose. I know of this because I was the President of the Career Club when i was in Polytechnic and I am the person in charged to liaise with the companies that not only sponsor us but also those who pay to have a room to conduct interviews. We only have to supply the company with a genuine and registered receipt for the tax redemption. And if my memory serves me correct, sponsoring any welfare organization which is registered can also be exempted for paying Tax. Therefore, IF SPCA is a registered welfare body, I am sure this Tax redemption program is valid...

not so off-topic
Let me emphasize again.... Just incase there is a confusion.... I am NOT against SPCA or any animal welfare organizations.... I just want to clarify things...

btw... since there were discussions about people that are all talk but no work... i would like to suggest some light reading materials.... try to find out who Sherrinford Holmes, Mycroft Holmes and Sherlock Holmes are... although fictional characters, they have been the inspiration for Scotland Yard and also British's secret service...

its getting late and time to hit the sack.....