Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Announcements, Notices and Contests

Announcements, Notices and Contests General announcements, latest developments at PetFinder.my and contests with cool prizes!

Old 02-20-2013, 03:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Coupons for FREE cat/dog neutering!

This is courtesy of SPCA Selangor. If you or your friends would like to get the coupons, please check this out on 24 February!

HEY PEEPS!
KNOW ANYONE WHO HAS LOCAL BREED DOGS/CATS AND ARE IN NEED OF FREE STERILISATION COUPONS? LET THEM KNOW!

We're giving free spaying/neutering coupons during our Chap Dog Meh event on 24 Feb 2013 Jaya One!

This is in conjunction with the World Spay Day and we will be giving away 200 free spay/neuter coupons worth a total of RM150 each!

Funds for the spay/neuter coupons were raised last October during World Animal Day through PJ Live Arts STAND UP 4 ANIMALS that saw fellow animal lovers and comedians Harith Iskander, Douglas Lim, Kuah Jenhan and Jit Murad come together to raise funds for charity.

Reserve your free 'SNIP-ee Tail' coupons by submiting a photo of your pet and complete a slogan that is true to our theme of a ‘fairytail’ ending!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1KYb...8yfLg/viewform
Old 02-28-2013, 05:51 PM
Animal Lover

jamesquah is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Coupons for FREE cat/dog neutering!

Dear Sir / Mdm,

Firstly, I must convey my apology for missing this important posting in PetFinder.my
I am a 57 years old divorcee staying alone. On 21st Dec 2012, a female stray Doggie gave birth 7 adorable puppies at the doorway of my rented apartment.
For more info ... http://www.petfinder.my/pets/39043/
My writeUp with photo, in Facebook page of Save a Stray Malaysia on 23 Dec 2012
https://www.facebook.com/SaveAStrayM...=share_comment
Jacqueline Tsang of SaveAStrayMalaysia had advise me ... the mother Doggie to be spayed 2 and a half months from the puppies are born on 21 Dec. Or she will have another litter in 6 months.
My writeUp with photo, in Facebook page of petfinder.my on 26 Dec 2012
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
All the 7 puppies were successfully adopted ... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5384319&type=3 ... GOD bless.
I beg to request a free spay coupon.
with warm regards.
JamesQuah (H/P: 019-3346811) ... jamesquah2u@yahoo.com
E-G-7 ...(Block G : Grd Floor : Apt No 7) ,
Sri Ehsan Apartment, Jalan Sri Ehsan 7, Taman Sri Ehsan, Kepong, 52100 KL.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Doggie with 7 puppies .. Need HELP.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	11796  

Last edited by jamesquah; 03-04-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:39 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Default Re: Coupons for FREE cat/dog neutering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesquah View Post
Dear Sir / Mdm,

Firstly, I must convey my apology for missing this important posting in PetFinder.my
I am a 57 years old divorcee staying alone. On 21st Dec 2012, a female stray Doggie gave birth 7 adorable puppies at the doorway of my rented apartment.
For more info ... http://www.petfinder.my/pets/39043/
My writeUp with photo, in Facebook page of Save a Stray Malaysia on 23 Dec 2012
https://www.facebook.com/SaveAStrayM...=share_comment
Jacqueline Tsang of SaveAStrayMalaysia had advise me ... the mother Doggie to be spayed 2 and a half months from the puppies are born on 21 Dec. Or she will have another litter in 6 months.
My writeUp with photo, in Facebook page of petfinder.my on 26 Dec 2012
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
All the 7 puppies were successfully adopted ... http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...5384319&type=3 ... GOD bless.
I beg to request a free spay coupon.
with warm regards.
JamesQuah (H/P: 019-3346811) ... jamesquah2u@yahoo.com
E-G-7 ...(Block G : Grd Floor : Apt No 7) ,
Sri Ehsan Apartment, Jalan Sri Ehsan 7, Taman Sri Ehsan, Kepong, 52100 KL.
Dear Mr. Quah,

The free coupons were part of a promotional event sponsored not by Petfinder but by SPCA Selangor.

I don't know if they have any coupons left over after the event. If so, I'm sure they'd be happy to extend one to you, considering that the primary goal is to get more animals spayed and neutered. If not, however, they can still direct you to their Klinik Kembiri, which offers the lowest rates for spay/neuter.

You can contact SPCA at 03-4256-5312 or 03-4253-5179, or email enquiries@spca.org.my.

Sending best wishes and thanks to you for helping (and hopefully spaying) this mother dog!
Old 03-04-2013, 02:08 PM
Animal Lover

jamesquah is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Coupons for FREE cat/dog neutering!

Thank you for your reply.
Jacqueline Tsang of SaveAStrayMalaysia had advise me ... the mother Doggie to be spayed ... 2 and a half months from the puppies are born on 21 Dec. Or she will have another litter in 6 months ... i.e. 16 Feb.
Today (4th March) ... I am quite panicky.
2nd related issue is ... I recently sold my old car ('coz no more 2nd hand replacement parts) ... I did ask a few car owners for assistance for transport, but got rejected.

GOD Bless.

warm regards ... JamesQuah (mobile: 019-3346811)
jamesquah2u@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Dear Mr. Quah,

The free coupons were part of a promotional event sponsored not by Petfinder but by SPCA Selangor.

I don't know if they have any coupons left over after the event. If so, I'm sure they'd be happy to extend one to you, considering that the primary goal is to get more animals spayed and neutered. If not, however, they can still direct you to their Klinik Kembiri, which offers the lowest rates for spay/neuter.

You can contact SPCA at 03-4256-5312 or 03-4253-5179, or email enquiries@spca.org.my.

Sending best wishes and thanks to you for helping (and hopefully spaying) this mother dog!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Doggie with 7 puppies .. Need HELP.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	11795  
Old 03-04-2013, 02:50 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesquah View Post
Thank you for your reply.
Jacqueline Tsang of SaveAStrayMalaysia had advise me ... the mother Doggie to be spayed ... 2 and a half months from the puppies are born on 21 Dec. Or she will have another litter in 6 months ... i.e. 16 Feb.
Today (4th March) ... I am quite panicky.
2nd related issue is ... I recently sold my old car ('coz no more 2nd hand replacement parts) ... I did ask a few car owners for assistance for transport, but got rejected.

GOD Bless.

warm regards ... JamesQuah (mobile: 019-3346811)
jamesquah2u@yahoo.com
Mr. Quah,

I just read about a couple that has started a pet transport/taxi service, and they'll transport dogs as well as cats. (Regular taxis, of course, will not carry dogs.) It might be worthwhile to contact them and ask them for a quote on transporting your mother dog from your place in Kepong to whatever clinic you'll use for spaying. Maybe Klinik Kembiri in Setapak?

The pet taxi info is here:
------------
We're partners called LenFau (Lenn & Fauzy). We operate a home based (Taman Kosas, Ampang) transport a pet service, " Howlin' Wheels", to destinations within KL & Klang Valley.

You can reach us at the following contact numbers: 018-9686829 / 017-3460397 / 03-42853937. To secure our services, please call three (3) days in advance.
The fees are as followed: RM40/= for the first twenty (20) KMs and an additional RM1/= for every extra KM incurred. We receive payment upon completing of service.

Feel free to call for arrangement to your convenience. Thank you.
Old 03-11-2013, 12:38 AM
Animal Lover

CeceliaJ is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Coupons for FREE cat/dog neutering!

I have just joined PetFinder, I am wondering is there any help right now for spay and neuter assistance? I have 6 female cats that are all in heat right now. I am disabled and receive government disability from SSI. So I don't have much of an income. If anyone knows of help please let me know.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:01 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeceliaJ View Post
I have just joined PetFinder, I am wondering is there any help right now for spay and neuter assistance? I have 6 female cats that are all in heat right now. I am disabled and receive government disability from SSI. So I don't have much of an income. If anyone knows of help please let me know.
Cecilia, you mention receiving SSI, which suggests that you live in the US. Petfinder.my is a website dedicated to finding homes for animals in Malaysia. PETFINDER.COM is the US-based site.

Second, it's not recommended to spay queens when they are in heat. Please keep your cats securely indoors and segregated from any intact toms until their heat has finished. Then, assuming they're not pregnant, you can have them spayed. Good luck!