Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 09:46 AM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: kitten spaying

Thank you Administrator! I am extremely appreciate your feedback.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:20 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Maneki Neko, who is equally knowledgeable and well-versed in pets, has shown an excellent example of being helpful and good-natured. Those are the traits that a senior member should exhibit. Do learn from her example.
Hmmmm... I really feel I need to respond to this. I do have decades of experience with dogs and horses, but I'm quite new to the world of cats. I have learned very much from this forum, from Furkids, June, and many others. I have great respect for their experience and knowledge.

And I, too, can get grumpy and impatient at times. Once we've acquired a bit of knowledge, it's easy to forget the time when we didn't have it. If I look back many years ago, I can remember someone patiently explaining to me why buying pets from pet shops is giving support to puppy- and kitten-mills. This person had probably given the same lecture thousands of times but was willing to have the same kind but firm conversation repeatedly for the sake of the animals. I try to remember that when I feel my own temper getting short on the forum.

Anyway, it's good advice for all of us. None of us likes to be scolded. How about this: We come up with a standard set of answers to commonly asked questions. The information on spay/neuter could include the appropriate ages, Jakim's statement for concerned Muslims, info on Klinik Kembiri, health benefits, behavioural benefits, the numbers of kittens/puppies that intact animals can produce in a year, etc. We could have similar blurbs on vaccinations and routine health maintenance, where (or if) to buy pedigreed animals, what to expect when you dump pets at a shelter, etc. When someone posts a question on one of these topics in the forum, we could simply give the link to the appropriate article. I'll volunteer to write some of them, but I would ask the senior members to add and edit, and perhaps other members could translate them into Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese.

Would this be helpful?
Old 10-27-2010, 11:44 AM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
How about this: We come up with a standard set of answers to commonly asked questions. The information on spay/neuter could include the appropriate ages, Jakim's statement for concerned Muslims, info on Klinik Kembiri, health benefits, behavioural benefits, the numbers of kittens/puppies that intact animals can produce in a year, etc. We could have similar blurbs on vaccinations and routine health maintenance, where (or if) to buy pedigreed animals, what to expect when you dump pets at a shelter, etc. When someone posts a question on one of these topics in the forum, we could simply give the link to the appropriate article. I'll volunteer to write some of them, but I would ask the senior members to add and edit, and perhaps other members could translate them into Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese.

Would this be helpful?
Sorry for interupting, but Manekineko-san and to whom it may concern, I think its a good idea indeed I have thought of the same thing too before. Why not set up a post like umm FAQ where we can state the answers for common questions like 'Why do I have to neuter my cats?' 'What do I do when my kitten teethe?' 'What do I do when my cat got diarrhea?' 'Is it normal if my cat starts vomiting and moody after vaccination?' & etceteras. But Im scared to do so, since this is a forum and it is where people ask and answer questions but on the bright side, at least it will help reduce repetition of post, no? In case they need a detailed answer then they can reply in that FAQ post? Just an idea though since there are times when my cats act funny, I really feel like posting to ask someone but feels like I might be asking something that has been answered before and when I tried googling or reading previous posts, its still its not enough. That's when I think it'd be nice if there's any proper post with accurate information. Just my 2 cents though.

And sorry again since this post is off topic. m(_ _)m
Old 10-27-2010, 11:45 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Answering same q~s all over again has been a minus point of the forum if you ask me personally. Yet the trouble taken to search, cut and paste for the reference for newbies should also be given credits as those are the things a newbie usually too lets say. .in short of time to do. Some people just want direct and simple answers without any sweat.

Being sarcastic..not wating to take sides yet i believe sarcasm really helps sometimes. I am a teacher of 3 years now..and believe me. .Sarcasm really feed up the brain to get the idle brain working.

The admin can be seen being soft to everybody as the other forums that i am in..will reroute the duplicate post to the existing and locked with a rminder.

FK and june~s knowledge is too precious. I believe a warning pm will do. By doing this,you are inviting more sarcasm..whicah is actually happening now<if you read the reply to your post>:-)
Old 10-27-2010, 12:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

adrianng87 is on a distinguished road

i agree with maneki neko's idea, it may sound repeating the way of re-answering, look on the bright side, i think it's worth doing to keep people informed rather than having people giving up in caring animals as there are some people who are not quite cyber-logic and may have problem searching it's relevant topics. i sometimes have problems searching for other info / topics here too.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:06 PM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation

Thank you for your good idea, Maneki Neko. It is certainly good if people have a set of basic articles to read through that would help answer most of the common questions.

We will create a new thread to discuss on the necessary topics for an FAQ, then compile them from good existing threads.

Please share your feedback at the thread below:
http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4993
Old 10-27-2010, 03:00 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawr2buny View Post
Sorry for interupting, but Manekineko-san and to whom it may concern, I think its a good idea indeed I have thought of the same thing too before. Why not set up a post like umm FAQ where we can state the answers for common questions like 'Why do I have to neuter my cats?' 'What do I do when my kitten teethe?' 'What do I do when my cat got diarrhea?' 'Is it normal if my cat starts vomiting and moody after vaccination?' & etceteras. But Im scared to do so, since this is a forum and it is where people ask and answer questions but on the bright side, at least it will help reduce repetition of post, no? In case they need a detailed answer then they can reply in that FAQ post? Just an idea though since there are times when my cats act funny, I really feel like posting to ask someone but feels like I might be asking something that has been answered before and when I tried googling or reading previous posts, its still its not enough. That's when I think it'd be nice if there's any proper post with accurate information. Just my 2 cents though.

And sorry again since this post is off topic. m(_ _)m
i totally agree with u raw2bunny..there are some people here really good in knowledge but few just pretending to being good and brainless..
i dont know what happen here..but its seem like PF gave cold welcome to newbies..
to nurkasih and for those really love to being sarcastic ..read this.. http://www.littlethingsmatter.com/bl...ts-of-sarcasm/ and this few cents from this this blog..
"Sarcasm is hurtful to others. At the very least, it’s got tremendous potential to be misunderstood since there is always a ‘hidden message’ involved. I urge you to consider today whether it’s worth risking alienating another person in the interest of getting a laugh.
When you resort to sarcasm to get a point across in a disguised manner, it demonstrates a lack of conviction and courage to say what you really mean. Although an occasional sarcastic remark may seem harmless, remember that people judge your character every day by what you did."
Old 10-27-2010, 03:20 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahcats View Post
i totally agree with u raw2bunny..there are some people here really good in knowledge but few just pretending to being good and brainless..
i dont know what happen here..but its seem like PF gave cold welcome to newbies..
to nurkasih and for those really love to being sarcastic ..read this.. http://www.littlethingsmatter.com/bl...ts-of-sarcasm/ and this few cents from this this blog..
"Sarcasm is hurtful to others. At the very least, it’s got tremendous potential to be misunderstood since there is always a ‘hidden message’ involved. I urge you to consider today whether it’s worth risking alienating another person in the interest of getting a laugh.
When you resort to sarcasm to get a point across in a disguised manner, it demonstrates a lack of conviction and courage to say what you really mean. Although an occasional sarcastic remark may seem harmless, remember that people judge your character every day by what you did."
Thanks shahcats for highlighting and just remember one thing.. One finger pointed to the others yet another 4 will point back to you.

Not wanting to be hypocrite,i still think a lil bit of sarcasm here and there will move up an idle mind and apart of daily spices.:-)
Old 10-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Well said, Amanda. Lets all not forget the friends or veterans around us that have spent time and effort helping us last time, and we should do the same to continue the cycle of spreading knowledge.

To all members, please continue to help maintain this forum as a friendly and conducive place for learning. If you have any suggestions on making things more effective, do share with us. If you come across any hostile comments or people, PM me and we'll look into the matter immediately.

At the meantime, for those of you that are able to contribute towards the FAQ, please proceed to the new discussion thread at http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=4993
Old 10-27-2010, 03:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

shahcats is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
Thanks shahcats for highlighting and just remember one thing.. One finger pointed to the others yet another 4 will point back to you.

Not wanting to be hypocrite,i still think a lil bit of sarcasm here and there will move up an idle mind and apart of daily spices.:-)
yup..people do pointing by using their finger...or maybe some1 use her/his butt to pointing..i dont know..:P
my point was.if u dont have any issue or info or being bored with the same question..so let the people who willing to reply the post...
sarcasm fow newbies doesnt sound like "move up an idle mind and apart of daily spices"(hahahaha) for me..as andy said..let continue to help maintain this forum as a friendly and conducive place for learning..
Old 11-03-2010, 09:24 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackertashia View Post
wow! are you saying that everybody else here don't have a life and everytime people ask question they need to be answered everytime regardless of how many times it had been answered and discussed before? kids nowadays, they expect to be spoonfed everytime..duh
Precisely, Zackertashia. But never mind, it is not our loss. Let us just move on with our "empty" lives. Life is too precious to waste, like the famous saying, don't sweat the small stuff, after all that is what they all are ... small stuff.

Don't worry, PF is a basically a repository for people lacking the hardware and software to put up info of their animals up for adoption on the net (especially the individuals and IPRs). However, all info concerning anything under the sun about animals (experiences, including how to care for them, diet and food, diseases and illnesses, etc) are already up on the internet and information highway and available to anyone who cares to learn how to fish (like Adrian's quote).
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 11-03-2010 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Don't worry, be happy ....
Old 11-03-2010, 12:11 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
... How about this: We come up with a standard set of answers to commonly asked questions. The information on spay/neuter could include the appropriate ages, Jakim's statement for concerned Muslims, info on Klinik Kembiri, health benefits, behavioural benefits, the numbers of kittens/puppies that intact animals can produce in a year, etc. We could have similar blurbs on vaccinations and routine health maintenance, where (or if) to buy pedigreed animals, what to expect when you dump pets at a shelter, etc. When someone posts a question on one of these topics in the forum, we could simply give the link to the appropriate article. I'll volunteer to write some of them, but I would ask the senior members to add and edit, and perhaps other members could translate them into Bahasa Malaysia and Chinese.

Would this be helpful?
No, dear, not if some people are not keen to read for themselves but expect others to track, read and then then spread it all out for them because they say they have better things to do than read other people's posts, remember?

No, dear, if you still wanna help, you'd still have to serve the fish and not simply provide the fishing stuff (you yourself need to scoop up the link to the relevant information and put it out for the poor helpless guy). Best of luck, dear, and I have no further advice.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

The following was received via PM which I forwarded to AndyKoh, Administrator and June with the following message, "Forwarded for your immediate and responsible action before good forumers like this foul-mouth turn fanatic and set fire to a mosque!:

[ PM removed ]

Last edited by Administrator; 11-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 PM
PetFinder Administrator

Administrator has disabled reputation

This thread will be closed.

Avril has been banned for inciting racial hatred, which is strictly prohibited on the forum.

FurKids,

Banning Avril does not mean that you are in the right. This dispute would not have escalated should it not for your arrogance and ever willingness to belittle and insinuate others from the very beginning of this thread.

Just because you are able to articulate better than someone in an argument does not make you any less guilty of causing disputes. You often carefully choose your words, but it is not difficult to see past those words into your actual malicious intentions.

Please take this as the final warning for you. If you continue to act in this hostile or sarcastic manner, your account will be permanently banned.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-04-2010 at 03:25 PM.
Closed Thread