Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 11-24-2010, 02:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road
Default Spay & Neuter Programe

Hi All,

This topic has been discussed for quite a long time now and since no one has taken any actions whatsoever, June, Ramzee and myself have approached Klinik Kembiri, Setapak and have managed to obtained a special rate to those who are interested to spay or neuter their pets at the clinic. Mr. Krishnan has also agreed to get involve in the 'T&R' programme. Those interested, please contact Ramzee or myself directly for further information.

For your information, June would rather walk behind the scene and let the 'RESULT'S speak for itself rather than all talk but no action.

I am pleased to say that June has been recently appointed as one of the committe members under 'Joint Managmenet Body' for the Taman Shameline Perkasa residential area.

Her main agenda as a committe member is now to educate the community and residents of that area to be a responsible pet owner as well as getting the residents involve in 'T&R' programme. She has a long way to go as its not an easy task but if the programme is a success it will be a role model for the other housing communities.

I am sure and am confident that it will be a success since there are so many animal lovers out there. With their cooperation I am confident that it will be a success. Soon to be at Seri Kembangan and Bandar Tasik Selatan

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Deactivated

shaella is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spay & Neuter Programe

kak,maaf ganggu thread akak ni..
ella btol2 x tau..
pe beza spay n neuter...?
knp harga die lain2?
n pe kesan dua2 pada pet kite..?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaella View Post
kak,maaf ganggu thread akak ni..
ella btol2 x tau..
pe beza spay n neuter...?
knp harga die lain2?
n pe kesan dua2 pada pet kite..?
Tak ganggu pun....
Beza spay is for female and neuter or castration is for male
For neuter in males harga memang murah sebab neuter is considered a minor operation manakala spaying is considered a major operation.
Tak ada kesan apa apa terhadap binatang kesayangan kita cuma mendatangkan banyak 'benefits' seperti :-
- unwanted kittens
- over population of animals
- prevent mamory cancer
- Uterine infection
- Tumors of ovaries or uterus
- Stress leading to increased susceptibility to disease
- Stop spraying / marking
- Less testerone less trouble
dan banyak lagi.

Old 11-24-2010, 05:55 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Hi All,

This topic has been discussed for quite a long time now and since no one has taken any actions whatsoever...

For your information, June would rather walk behind the scene and let the 'RESULT'S speak for itself rather than all talk but no action.
Hi, Nurul --

First let me congratulation you, June and Ramzee for making this effort! Every animal -- stray and pet -- that we can spay and neuter represents a victory in keeping the homeless population under control. Great work you're doing!

I'm not sure I understand, though, what you mean when you say that no one has taken any actions whatsoever. A lot of people are working very hard in the spay/neuter campaign. Dr. Chan Kah Yein, for example, founded an NGO to raise awareness and sponsor spay/neuter for stray animals. Alicia Ling Horsley and Jimmy Lee both rescue and neuter strays, as do many of the PF rescuers that I know of. Many more PF members donate time and money to animal welfare organisations, including SPCA.

Again, I really applaud what you've accomplished by working with Klinik Kembiri, and I think your idea to start raising awareness within our local communities is excellent! I just want to be spread some credit wherever it is due -- both to you and to everyone who is working to improve the lives of animals in Malaysia. And please forgive me if I misunderstood your post -- I wish you nothing but the best success!
Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Nurul --

First let me congratulation you, June and Ramzee for making this effort! Every animal -- stray and pet -- that we can spay and neuter represents a victory in keeping the homeless population under control. Great work you're doing!

I'm not sure I understand, though, what you mean when you say that no one has taken any actions whatsoever. A lot of people are working very hard in the spay/neuter campaign. Dr. Chan Kah Yein, for example, founded an NGO to raise awareness and sponsor spay/neuter for stray animals. Alicia Ling Horsley and Jimmy Lee both rescue and neuter strays, as do many of the PF rescuers that I know of. Many more PF members donate time and money to animal welfare organisations, including SPCA.

Again, I really applaud what you've accomplished by working with Klinik Kembiri, and I think your idea to start raising awareness within our local communities is excellent! I just want to be spread some credit wherever it is due -- both to you and to everyone who is working to improve the lives of animals in Malaysia. And please forgive me if I misunderstood your post -- I wish you nothing but the best success!
Hi Maneki,

Thank you for your kind words and encouragement.

Please don't get me wrong when I say that 'no one has taken any actions'. This statement was targetted to those who talk but has not taken any action. Those are the people who likes to talk big and make fun of of people's effort. They know how to talk and critize as well as making fun of other people's effort.

My statement was not targetted to those who have been doing rescuing work.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Deactivated

kak nurul....
thanks sgt2...
klu mcm tu stray cats dkat kedai mkn sy ni pn sy nak spay n neuter kn la...
poor those kitten yg lahir byk2 ni...
Old 11-24-2010, 07:31 PM
Deactivated

ella ada beberapa words ttg cat yg x faham...
blh tnye kat sini x kak...?
Old 11-24-2010, 08:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
ella ada beberapa words ttg cat yg x faham...
blh tnye kat sini x kak...?
Insyaallah akk boleh terangkan

Old 11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
kak nurul....
thanks sgt2...
klu mcm tu stray cats dkat kedai mkn sy ni pn sy nak spay n neuter kn la...
poor those kitten yg lahir byk2 ni...
Lahir banyak banyak satu hal.
Tak dapat 'source' makanan yang tetap.
Selalu dalam kelaparan.
Dah tu selalu kena terajang oleh budak budak atau di langgar kereta

Old 11-24-2010, 08:15 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hidyrabdullah is on a distinguished road

salam n selamat sejahtera...

saya nak dapatkan kepastian dan jawapan kepada soalan yg bermain kat fikiran saya pasal kembiri ni.....
setiap 1 permasalahan kucing yang berlaku..mesti kena kembiri ke?

dan if setiap /semua kucing kena kembiri...mcm mn nnti ye?

maksudnye...population of cat...xpupus ke??

bila dah pupus...kompem2 kat dunia ni xde kucing lg la kan?

hurm..abis tu nak bela apa plak ek lepas ni??

haish...maaf kalau soklan ntah apa2...just nak dptkan jawapan je..risau ni..berfikir pasal apa akan jadi nnti
Old 11-24-2010, 08:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

maris_sa528 is on a distinguished road

hidyrabdullah,

Cute betul soalan Hidir ni. Haha. Meh saya nak cuba menjawab soalan Hidir dengan sebaiknya. Mengikut Fatwa yang dikeluarkan oleh JAKIM,

"Bahawa mengembiri binatang kesayangan seperti kucing atau anjing hukumnya adalah diharuskan dengan sebab-sebab tertentu iaitu bagi menjaga muslahat ummah."

Maslahat di sini bermaksud jika binatang itu membawa penyakit atau menjaga keselamatan manusia serta kesejahteraan persekitaran dan sebagainya.

Dalam konteks ini, stray cat yang berkeliaran sekeliling kita, yang tidak terkawal populasinya, menyebarkan virus yang bahaya, serta boleh mengundang rasa tidak senang kepada masyarakat adalah HARUS dikembirikan untuk menjaga keselesaaan dan ketenteraman masyarakat.

Tetapi lain pula jika haiwan itu TIDAK menjadi satu beban. Sebagai contohnya jika haiwan itu tidak mengundang ketidakselesaan orang, let say kucing yang kita bela cuma 2 ekor yang makan pun cukup, berak pun dalam litter box, nak keluar rumah pun takut (let say you bela kucing yang naturenya adalah Indoor). Ada setengah kucing berbunyi pun mungkin seminggu sekali yang ternyata tidak mengundang ketidakselesaan jiran sekeliling kita. Dan tidak pula berkebarangkalian untuk membiak, maka hukum HARUS dari majlis fatwa tadi sudah tidak boleh diguna pakai.

TETAPI jika pemelihara haiwan risau haiwan peliharaannya membiak dan tidak terkawal populasinya dan tidak terjaga kebajikannya maka HARUS dikembirikan - kembali kepada maksud Maslahat tadi.

Kucing juga boleh pupus. Contohnya, dulu Russian Blue cat adalah street cat tapi hampir pupus pada Perang Dunia Kedua(1939-1945). Setelah ada usaha menyelamatkan then Russian Blue kembali muncul. Itu pun selepas beberapa dekad, still susah lagi nak jumpa. Rujuk: http://www.siblurussians.com/russian.html

Kesimpulannya... Kalau nak neuter/ spay stray cats... adalah dialu-alukan dan ianya adalah usaha yang sangat murni.....

Last edited by maris_sa528; 11-24-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:49 PM
PetFinder Buddy

hidyrabdullah is on a distinguished road

ok2...dah faham dah pasal neuter/spay punya function..bermaksud..kucing yg ada bawa penyakit or yg memudaratkan je la kan?

saya ingtkan...semua kucing..hehhheh..
bukan apa..asal kucing tergaru2 gatal sket..suruh g kembiri...
asal kucing bunyi bising sket....suruh g kembiri...
asal kucing tu kuar umah xbalik2..suruh cr smpai jumpa pastu kembiri...
asal kucing xnak dok dlm sangkar..suruh kembiri...
asal kucing kurus xmau gemuk2...suruh kembiri..
asal kucing xnak kat kucing lain...suruh kembiri...

sbb tu yg pening nih...heheh..so skang sket2 sudah ilang perasaan nebes tu..thankz ya marisa...hehhe..

Old 11-24-2010, 09:51 PM
Deactivated

kak nurul...
ni words yg ella x tau maksud dan jenisnye..
-hairballs
-flea
-hernia
-fungus
Old 11-24-2010, 10:15 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
kak nurul...
ni words yg ella x tau maksud dan jenisnye..
-hairballs
-flea
-hernia
-fungus
Maksudnya adalah berikut :-

Hairballs - Fur swallowed by the cat during self-grooming, which forms into a tightly packed ball in the stomach or the bowels. The ball is eventually eliminated from the cat's body. Also known as "Furball".

Flea - A small parasitic jumping insect that uses the dogs or cats as a host. The bites from fleas can cause allergic reactions and skin disease. The flea will also bite humans. (tafisiran dalam melayu - kutu )

Hernia - rupture in smooth muscle tissue through which a bodily structure protrudes (luka yang menonjol)

Fungus - A fungus is a member of a large group of eukaryotic organisms that includes microorganisms such as yeasts and molds, as well as the more familiar mushrooms. The Fungi ( or ) are classified as a kingdom that is separate from plants, animals and bacteria. ... (sejenis penyakit kulit pada kucing)

Harap dapat membantu.

Old 11-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Deactivated

yes,really2 membantu...
baru la ella faham...thankx sgt2 kak...;)
Old 11-24-2010, 10:38 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidyrabdullah View Post
ok2...dah faham dah pasal neuter/spay punya function..bermaksud..kucing yg ada bawa penyakit or yg memudaratkan je la kan?

saya ingtkan...semua kucing..hehhheh..
bukan apa..asal kucing tergaru2 gatal sket..suruh g kembiri...
asal kucing bunyi bising sket....suruh g kembiri...
asal kucing tu kuar umah xbalik2..suruh cr smpai jumpa pastu kembiri...
asal kucing xnak dok dlm sangkar..suruh kembiri...
asal kucing kurus xmau gemuk2...suruh kembiri..
asal kucing xnak kat kucing lain...suruh kembiri...

sbb tu yg pening nih...heheh..so skang sket2 sudah ilang perasaan nebes tu..thankz ya marisa...hehhe..

Hahah.. siap nervous tu. Takdela... asalkan faham kenapa harus dikembirikan, itu lebih penting. Kenapa ramai yang suggest untuk kembiri bila kucing 'bising', 'keluar rumah', 'tak nak duduk dalam sangkar', 'tak mesra dengan kucing lain', 'tak mau gemuk'... Kerana Kucing yang tidak dikembiri tak tenang setiap kali kitaran prosess mengawannya tiba.

Selepas dikembiri, Kucing akan lebih tenang maka, takde lagi bising, takde lagi merayau nak keluar rumah, akan lebih mesra dengan kucing lain dan akan makan banyak.

Even vet ada advice lepas dikembiri, kucing harus dikurangkan 25% dari kuantiti makanan yang selalu diberikan untuk elak obesiti.

Neuter/Spay is a wise decision to make. Especially if you keep too many cats in your house and should plan to control the population. Kalau kucing-kucing you jenis outdoor dan suka merayap keluar, juga lebih baik dikembiri untuk mengelakkan kucing-kucing di luar termengandung atau kucing you sendiri yang mengandung.

Again it depends on breed of cats. Tak semua jenis kucing selesa di kurung dalam sangkar, tak semua kucing jenis indoor, tak semua kucing suka keluar rumah, tak semua kucing bunyi bising, dan kitaran ovulasi kucing juga berbeza untuk setiap breed.

Itu yang info yang saya tahu la. Kalau ada senior yang lebih arif tentang ini, mungkin boleh tolong untuk explain lebih lagi.....
Old 11-24-2010, 10:47 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Cat View Post
Maksudnya adalah berikut :-

Hairballs - Fur swallowed by the cat during self-grooming, which forms into a tightly packed ball in the stomach or the bowels. The ball is eventually eliminated from the cat's body. Also known as "Furball".

Flea - A small parasitic jumping insect that uses the dogs or cats as a host. The bites from fleas can cause allergic reactions and skin disease. The flea will also bite humans. (tafisiran dalam melayu - kutu )

Hernia - rupture in smooth muscle tissue through which a bodily structure protrudes (luka yang menonjol)

Fungus - A fungus is a member of a large group of eukaryotic organisms that includes microorganisms such as yeasts and molds, as well as the more familiar mushrooms. The Fungi ( or ) are classified as a kingdom that is separate from plants, animals and bacteria. ... (sejenis penyakit kulit pada kucing)

Harap dapat membantu.

Great Explaination, Kak Nurul.

Atau kata lainnya:
1) Hairball - Bulu yang dimuntahkan oleh kucing macam Puss in Boots dalam crita Shrek. Kucing bulu panjang lebih kerap keluar furbal ni.

2) Flea- kutu hitam yang merayap kat kucing. Selalu kucing akan ada flea ni especially stray cat. Kutu kucing tak berjangkit pada orang. tapi boleh guna orang untuk menjangkiti kucing lain.

3) Hernia - as explained by Kak Nurul

4) Fungus - Kurap kucing dan boleh menjangkiti orang.

Hope this give some help to understand them.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Deactivated

seronok ada forum mcm ni....
mcm2 ella dapat belajar dr sini...;)
Old 11-24-2010, 11:10 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Dear all,

Please be reminded that you are to use proper English and Bahasa Malaysia when posting in the forum.

Quote:
1) Language Use - Proper English & Bahasa Malaysia
In order to allow and encourage the participation of our multi-racial members, you should use proper English or Bahasa Malaysia in your discussions. Informal/colloquial language or dialects should be avoided whenever possible. Do not use abbreviations such as "ne1, gr8, wan2, ckp, tgk, troz, cmtu" and such - there are no character limitations at the forum, so please write in proper grammar and language.

Please write in English if possible. Although PetFinder.my focuses on Malaysian pets, there are many foreigners that frequent our forums, and English would be best for us to share the knowledge, and they can better contribute to it as well. Please try your best to help disseminate knowledge in the form of writing that the most number of people can benefit in.

Forum Moderators may edit or remove such posts to improve readability of the thread as necessary.

extracted from Forum Rules and Guidelines
Please help keep our forum easily readable so knowledge can be more effectively shared among members.

Thank you.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Animal Lover

Putih is on a distinguished road

Boleh bagi maklumat terperinci tak? Sebab saya memang kena kembirikan kucing2 nier seblm membiak dgn pantasnya.

- Berapa umur kucing yg boleh dikembiri kan?
- Dalam program ini, berapa kos untuk kucing betina & jantan? Dan dimana?
- saya ada 5 ekor kucing, dimana kucing pertama baru beranak jd bila waktu sesuai untuk kembirikannya? dan 4 ekor lagi baru 6 bulan.

Tolong yer kerna saya memang dah cuak nie.