Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your dog's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 PM
Animal Lover

sablegermanshepherd is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's your doggy meal?

Previously, my dogs ate chicken flavoured dog biscuit mixed with rice & garlic. Then Bear started losing hair on his sides. So i had to change the dog food from chicken to lamb formula. After Fraulein delivered puppies, she wouldn't eat just dog biscuit & rice so i added Cesar meat lamb flavour into her food. Once a month, i'll add in a tablespoon of olive oil into their food. Recently, Kaiser's blood was iron deficient so i add in meat, liver & oats. Once a week i add in Cesar meat & omelet. Spike eats Pro Pac puppy food with rice & occasionally he'll get oats, omelet & Cesar meat. Cesar meat is the only "canned" meat that's ngam with my dogs. I add in bread sometimes too. So, 4 dogs with different needs when it comes to food, what do i do? I standardize their meal. Here's what they get everyday:

1. Rice with garlic
2. Dog food (lamb) - daily
3. Oats
4. Liver

Additional (weekly basis):

1. Bread (almost daily)
2. Omelet
3. Meat (chicken, mutton, beef, pork - cube/strip/keel/minced -- daily for Kaiser)
4. Cesar meat
5. Olive oil (monthly basis)

I do not give them treats, even when i train them. I praise them with lots of hugs & kisses when training.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:16 AM
PetFinder Buddy

ChewChew1987 is on a distinguished road

My dogs are damn picky. They absolutely hate dog biscuits, and they vomited them out whenever i fed them that, even after i mix the biscuits with other stuff.

After that, i tried with canned food. They love beef "Pedigree", but i hate it because it is too salty for them. I only let them have it once a very very long while. Why i know it is too salty? Because there was one time i accidently licked my finger after digging the meat out of the can. Yeesh....

Then later, i tried with steamed rice mix with steamed pig/chicken lung/heart/diaframe. Eventually, my dogs became bored with this too.

Then, i tried steamed chicken breast/feets/wings. They refuse to eat much.

Then i tried with steamed drumstick. They LOVE it. However, they only prefer the chickens that fed on corn and not rice, cause the meat is sweeter, and the price is higher. They really begger me d.

Recently, they seemed to become bored with the drumstick too so instead of steaming the food, i boiled the drumsticks in soup. They absolutely love it. Normally i will boil carrot, seaweed, vege soup. They love to drink soup too.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:27 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Additional Food:

1. Cow Rips
2. Vegetables
3. Fruits (papaya, banana, grapes, mango, etc)
4. Eggs
5. Fish (Fried Tengiri!!! They really beggar me!!")
6. Honey
7. Bread with jam (MUST with jam or butter)
8. Vanila Sundae from McD

And many more. They love sweet, salty, and spicy food. Baby also loves to eat durian, however Missy detests the smell of it. Hahaha....
Old 08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Animal Lover

steffy1811 is on a distinguished road

My dogs learned the very hard lesson of eat what is served and whenever its served or starvation is on its way

Human food, dog kibbles, BARF diet, whatever lah. All will whack until the bowl is super clean.

Kibbles doesnt matter if its Evo, Alpo, Pedigree, Science Diet, Euka, Eagles, etc etc etc..... all also will whack until clean.

Human food all the better, lagi cepat habis. I dont think Gizmo even catch a breath while eating if we put bits and pieces of KFC into their food. Donnu got chew or not also not sure.

They learned the hard way not to be picky eaters. Hahaha.
Old 08-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Animal Lover

ForPHiT^1 is on a distinguished road

What's the benefit of feeding oats? My dog hates it alot. My sister used to pour some oats into his bowl, he ran away after a few licks. Haih...
Old 08-08-2008, 05:39 PM
Animal Lover

steffy1811 is on a distinguished road

Oats=high in fiber. Better toilet motion kua. hahaha i dont know. i'm kidding. But it should make some sense there.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:50 PM
PetFinder Buddy

My dogs love to eat oats after i add some sweeten milk in it. Every time i eat oats for breakfast, they will sratch my legs, demanding for oats too.

Weird though, my dogs don't like to eat KFC, they prefer the mamak one.

I can't bear to starve them....but i know when they are hungry, they will go to the kitchen and lay down there, staring at me with their puppy eyes.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Animal Lover

rowentan is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: What's your doggy meal?

My doggies main meal are Biljac Kibbles mixed with low fat milk. They are absolutely nuts about it. You can see nice and lovely coats on them. It transformed my rescued dogs that is covered with skin disease into a pretty boy today. I do mixed other food into diet and give them Jer High as snacks.

Unfortunately, I do not support a diet of 100% kibbles as the best kibbles in the world are also processed food and processed food contains preservatives, colouring and flavouring. That is why i encourage you guys to go for a 100% raw. If it is not possible for you to feed raw (for reasons of lack of time, din like the smell dog poop eating raw and etc...), then you can try mixing or alternating with kibbles and raw.

For those intending to natural foods, please remove the bones if you intend to cook them or just feed the raw, that is without any cooking! Why? This is because cooked bones structure changes and it turns very hard and solid. It can be very hard to digest and sometimes causes your dog to choke to death.

Raw bones can actually help to clean your dog's teeth. But if you intend to feed kibbles or cooked food, then a nylon chewy bone works as well to clean the tooth.

A sensible and healthy mixed of food is the best for your dog. A little treat/ doggy snacks during training won't harm them but don't go overboard coz it will make your doggy obese!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Animal Lover

rowentan is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: What's your doggy meal?

Woops, accidentally submitted twice!

Last edited by rowentan; 08-13-2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Duplicate Copy