Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Success Stories

Success Stories Share your happy and heart-warming "tails" with our community. Let us know about your successful rescue, rehome or adoption efforts!

Old 07-16-2008, 03:05 AM
Animal Lover

silentsoul27 is on a distinguished road
Talking Evie my dear girl..

I think mine is a success story in way..I adopted Evie from a breeder.She is a black toy poodle..she was 5yrs old then,spayed..she & her sister was put up for adoption then..unfortunately at that time I could only adopt one,& I chose Evie..Why her?She was bullied by her sister all of the time when I first met her..She's the quiet type,and run away every time when she got bullied & sits in a corner..

I remembered the first day when I brought her home..she looked so puzzled & lost,wondering where is this new place..As far as I know,back at the breeder's place Evie seldom step out from her cage..because there were too many dogs living with her..around 50 dogs I guessed..So she wasn't comfortable & confused of what to do when there's nobody locking her up..

It took Evie almost a year to get used to me & my partner..& that is when all the effort we put in blossoms..Evie is very smart & listens to us very well..She knows which part of the house that she's forbidden to enter/exit..e.g; the kitchen,the washroom in the living room,upstairs..both washrooms,the guest rooms, & the house gate..

We trained her with all our patience & shower her with love & care..she's so intelligent that when ever we finished watching t.v,the moment we turn off the living room lights,she know she gotta go upstairs to my bedroom..In the beginning I still have to give her command to do so..but after a few months,she can actually predict whats my next action..& play her own role in the house perfectly!!

Evie loves to eat so much that when ever I am eating she'll run towards me,sit by my side,hoping to grab a bite..and if she doesn't,she'll start spinning around,jumping up & the best part is, she'll make some sort of sniffing sound..(more like saying "I'm waiting for food,can't you tell?!!" hahaha...

Evie's 8yrs old this year..living like a Queen in the house now,although I have 6 other kids joined in my family,she's the only one allowed wandering in the house when I'm at work..She sleeps with me,very well toilet-trained & loves cleanliness..

I guessed my passion for dogs are so strong actually caused by Evie..Till this day, I regretted not adopting her sister along although at that point I can't do so..but i hope she's living her life to the fullest with a loving family..

Evie..mommy you forever..
Old 07-16-2008, 11:44 PM
PetFinder Buddy

RoyBlue is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Evie my dear girl..

well... I can clearly say that Evie really is lucky to have met you. In addition to that, Evie definitely has enough of her furry love to keep you company for many years to come.

All the best in taking care of your beloved 7 "kids" and your 4 "grandkids"....
Old 07-17-2008, 12:18 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Hi Evie,

Nice to hear such a heartwarming and happy "tale". Good job in providing Evie with such a nice home. Yes, our doggy companions will learn fast and adapt to our lifestyles and behaviours... becoming an integral part of our family, so I really can't understand those people that treat animals cruelly..

Hey Roy - cool pic you got there, that's the mask from V for Vendetta right? I liked the way he coolly blasted the building amidst orchestra music!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-17-2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 12:42 AM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

the mask let me remember the street fighter on PS1,PS2.hahaha

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 07-18-2008, 01:45 AM
Animal Lover

silentsoul27 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Roy(B)..I'm counting my blessings everyday when I see all of them..all ELEVEN of them..Love them all..