Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Aiks, itu macam kah, Ruth? Anti-SPCA? Huh? What we are asking our local SPCA is why they are not being up-to-date, effective and efficient like the SPCAs in Hong Kong, New Zealand, San Francisco, etc., etc (just to mention a few) which admitted that their killing of innocent healthy strays as fast as they could simply did not achieve ZERO strays as they had hoped even though they had been at it for a long time and that the proven solution is TNR plus public (and adult) mass education programs to inculcate animal empathy.

Waaaah ... then HK, NZ and SF SPCAs must be soooooooooooo anti-SPCA .... then who is the real SPCA? will the genuine SPCA please stand up?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 03-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

t.ruth

Seems to me that everyone here is waiting for answers....

BTW... I know that "sabar itu separuh daripada Iman" but sometimes.... really dunno how to sabar... :p

Anyways, from what I gather from SPCA's Website

HSBC donates RM50k a year to SPCA,
Metrogen donates RM5k MONTHLY
Petra Perdana donated RM100k
IREKA donated RM10k

So... With a grand total of RM 220,000.00..... but where has all the money gone??? This figure is not including donations from general public, sale~sale~sale and fundraisers, etc....

furkid
That is why i say....... narrow minded people will always remain that way.... they will never accept other people's suggestions and criticism...
SPCA knows that the number of strays and also the number of animals that are sent to them IS increasing.... this means whatever they were doing for the past 50 years is not working/effective anymore... and new drastic steps should be taken to overcome this matter.... and since SPCA likes to only sit... Paws, FFF, NENAS, IPR's, etc will have their hands full very very soon...

BTW... by saying the words "Narrow Minded People" i am not specifically targeting anyone.... However, "siapa makan cili... dia akan terasa panas"
Old 03-23-2009, 04:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Dear all,

Sorry to interrupt, if i may explain to all of you out there what is going on out there in SPCA... and please calm down and relax since this opinion of mine is totally out of OWN observations and knowledge gathered from my own experience as an active volunteer in SPCA. How active? You can check with them...

Lets not just not talk and find out the real thing instead of condemning SPCA. Come to think about it, SOMEONE WILL ALWAYS HAS TO DO A / THE DIRTY JOB. In this case, SPCA.

Dear friends,

Please be there as an observer or a volunteer if you may, to know the real truth about everything.

WHY ARE THE REST OF THE SPCA IN THIS WORLD CAN WORK OUT WONDERFUL THINGS COMPARE TO MALAYSIA.... THE ANSWER IS...THEY DO NOT HAVE DOG ISSUES IN THEIR COUNTRY AND IT IS NOT MADE SENSITIVE... BELIEVE YOU ME, OUR PEOPLE WOULDN'T EVEN WANT TO KNOW OR TO TALK ABOUT THIS POOR CREATURE AND THERE ARE NO SUPPORT FROM THE MAJORITY WHO HAPPENS TO BE MY OWN PEOPLE AND THEY WOULD RATHER CHASE THEM OUT OF THE PLACE INSTEAD OF THE GOOD DEED THESE PEOPLE ARE DOING, REGARDLESS THE EUTHANASIA... AM TOTALLY AGAINST IT.

BUT... I NEED TO BE THERE TO UNDERSTAND WHY IT HAS TO BE DONE IN CERTAIN CASES... I PREFER YOU PEOPLE SHOULD BE THERE...NOT 1 DAY, BUT A FEW MONTHS TO UNDERSTAND THE REAL SITUATION.

PEOPLE THE MONIES ARE THERE TO PAY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING, THE DOGS AND CATS FOOD, THE MEDICATIONS, THE MAINTENANCE OF THE POUND (THE BILLS i.e. PHONE, WATER, ELECTRICITY etc) AND THEY ARE ALSO SAVING SOME IN ORDER TO BUY THAT PIECE OF LAND , SO NO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL WILL CHASE THEM OUT OF THAT PLACE.... IF OUR GOVERNMENT HAS NO ISSUE ABOUT DOGS, AM SURE THINGS SHOULD BE SMOOTH...

Go on people and do your own surveys and see how much is being spent for the dogs and cats food itself.... and kindly check what sort of food had been fed to these poor creature... they are good food.... go on people... pay them a few visits and get to know the people there... OR MAY BE... BE A LONG TERM VOLUNTEER...

PEACE PEOPLE...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 03-23-2009 at 06:12 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:12 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Heya Mrs Dolittle,

It was wonderful seeing you, volunteering yourself at SPCA... I guess some people will just talk but others will work silently towards the betterment of the animals...

And you're right, the food they serve there looks pretty good to me... I wonder how much they spend on food everyday alone...
Old 03-23-2009, 05:51 PM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Heya Mrs Dolittle,

It was wonderful seeing you, volunteering yourself at SPCA... I guess some people will just talk but others will work silently towards the betterment of the animals...

And you're right, the food they serve there looks pretty good to me... I wonder how much they spend on food everyday alone...
Hey Ezer,

It was an honor to meet up with you and Andy there. Sorry got stuck with a few adopters. I really hope to see you guys again.

Well, the actual amount of money spent on the dogs food per annum is RM80,000.00 ONLY... that is only for the dogs.... i will double check for you and update on the figure... it could be more.

So you people out there try to figure out the rest....

Regards.... till we meet again Ezer... do visit SPCA if time permits you...

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 03-23-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

daphne1985 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to daphne1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Hey Ezer,

It was an honor to meet up with you and Andy there. Sorry got stuck with a few adopters. I really hope to see you guys again.

Well, the actual amount of money spent on the dogs food per annum is RM80,000.00 ONLY... that is only for the dogs.... i will double check for you and update on the figure... it could be more.

So you people out there try to figure out the rest....

Regards.... till we meet again Ezer... do visit SPCA if time permits you...
Ya Mrs Dolittle,

I agree with u but so sad to say, I dont think they are willing to volunteer them self..Maybe, they prefer not to noe the true..They just want to win only...

Haiz...mayb as what they said we are narrow minder..up to what they say la....as long as they feel happy after no one kacau their topic...We hv been tired in explain and explain..
Old 03-23-2009, 07:01 PM
Banned

khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik

mrsdolittle

It is true that other countries do not have so much problems with animals... Especially dogs... I would not deny that... However, what is making alot of people myself included question SPCA is because we do not see what has SPCA done for the past 50yrs.... There does not seem to be any improvement in the situation of stray populations.. Strays are getting more and more each year....

I have questioned the awareness programs by SPCA.. This is because i have never seen any advertisements in mass media and also in pp.com which i visit quite often... All i see in pp.com are the postings for this sale... that sale... this fundraiser... that fundraiser.... But nothing of awareness campaigns.... And then i received an email from SPCA to somewhat explain to me as i am seen to be lost and confused when it comes to SPCA... and in the email, i was told that they do have awareness campaigns... where the target audience are children... Why only target on youngsters??? If by giving talks at kindergardens, schools, universities, etc can help solve the problems, then there would not be any increase of strays... I have given many examples on why the target audience should be non-animal lovers and also adults.... But everyone here that is volunteering at SPCA keeps on talking of other things.. But never on the queries that i have posted...

One of a forumer here has posted his queries on how much money does SPCA have... IF there is nothing wrong with the accounts of SPCA, why not let everyone see where the money is being used at? If SPCA would show everyone where all the money is obtained from and also justify its usage, i'm sure it would just shut everyone's mouth... mine included...

Another forumer did his/her research online and found out that TNR programs by various SPCA's around the world seems to be halping in maintaining the stray population... but all that was said by others is asking him/her to do do a case study here... and get the figures... and pass it to SPCA.... Why do we need to redo all the case study when it is already proven a success in other countries? is it because our strays here after being de-sexed can still multiply??? ..

You see... these are a few very very basic questions that was posted by people who wants to know what is going on with SPCA.... yet, everyone seems to shy away from these questions... and at the end of the day, when we keep on pushing for these questions to be answered, everyone says that we are against SPCA, or we hate SPCA, etc etc....
Old 03-23-2009, 08:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road

khengteik - "If SPCA would show everyone where all the money is obtained from and also justify its usage, i'm sure it would just shut everyone's mouth... mine included..."

Have you all asked SPCA to show their accounts? Be prepared to shut your mouth... :) and talking about unanswered questions, you have still yet to answer : How many people are you targeting to make aware this year? Fourth time asking.

Last edited by nivek; 03-23-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

I had seen how some of you are questioning what SPCA had done. I’m not here to tell anyone how much or what I know about SPCA had done & I’m neither a fan or anti SPCA as I don’t really know much they have. One thing I know SPCA practice kill policy & for that I’m not their fan but then how little SPCA do is still the little they had done rather then nothing or at least more then what some NATO have done. I know they are many independent animal rescuers who probably had done more then them or at least they thought so, not that I doubt them. We will be more useful in this society to focus our idea & strength into making what we believe to happen rather then just criticize & condemn. If you have no faith in SPCA just move on to the next or do your best at your own level to make the different. For instance if some of you think what Ruth or some other body is doing is up to your expectation compare to SPCA then offer your help to them, this way you are truly helping & making the different.

Khengteik, who are you to ask SPCA how they spend their money & how much they had in their account, since when they are answerable to you. Stop keep asking what other can do ask you can do.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 03-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

Hear! Hear! *clap* *clap*

jimmy, they are a bit hard of hearing. you'd have to shout it from the roof top....using very scary large red words.

these are people who are better suited as backbenchers in the parliament --- they can't get it into their head that THEY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE by doing something to help the animals instead of questioning & questioning. Even then, instead of writing to SPCA directly to get their answers, they are posting it here.

They've got themselves into a bind called analysis paralysis. They have become paralysed by overanalysing, and are unable to go out and initiate their own TNR work, or help people like you, Ruth, Lynie, Ashley, June & others in their rescue work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
I had seen how some of you are questioning what SPCA had done. I’m not here to tell anyone how much or what I know about SPCA had done & I’m neither a fan or anti SPCA as I don’t really know much they have. One thing I know SPCA practice kill policy & for that I’m not their fan but then how little SPCA do is still the little they had done rather then nothing or at least more then what some NATO have done. I know they are many independent animal rescuers who probably had done more then them or at least they thought so, not that I doubt them. We will be more useful in this society to focus our idea & strength into making what we believe to happen rather then just criticize & condemn. If you have no faith in SPCA just move on to the next or do your best at your own level to make the different. For instance if some of you think what Ruth or some other body is doing is up to your expectation compare to SPCA then offer your help to them, this way you are truly helping & making the different.

Khengteik, who are you to ask SPCA how they spend their money & how much they had in their account, since when they are answerable to you. Stop keep asking what other can do ask you can do.

Old 03-23-2009, 10:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

nivek is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post

jimmy, they are a bit hard of hearing. you'd have to shout it from the roof top....using very scary large red words.

these are people who are better suited as backbenchers in the parliament --- they can't get it into their head that THEY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE by doing something to help the animals instead of questioning & questioning. Even then, instead of writing to SPCA directly to get their answers, they are posting it here.

They've got themselves into a bind called analysis paralysis. They have become paralysed by overanalysing, and are unable to go out and initiate their own TNR work, or help people like you, Ruth, Lynie, Ashley, June & others in their rescue work.
Empty vessels makes the most noise comes to mind. They should channel all the vent up frustrations and energy into actions rather than beating up the forum members here.

Last edited by nivek; 03-23-2009 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 11:01 PM
Animal Lover

kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG this discussion is going on n on

Come one man Both of u, Khenteik and Furkids wats ur problems actually?

First of all this topic was created to highlight like wat Pugsnmutts say:

the reason i created this thread is to highlight to readers what is happening in animals shelters, with the hope that:
1. lesser people would buy from pet shops
2. more people would adopt from animal shelters
3. lesser people would dump pets at shelters
4. more people would realise that shelters are not sanctuaries
5. more homeless animals find homes
6. more people would be more responsible to their pets
... my list of hopes goes on...

but my hope is never for mud-slinging, never for members to condemn certain individuals and organisations...

as cliche as this sounds, can we all agree to disagree on the different views abt spca, it's role, programme, etc?

I cannot understand why the **** are u barking here nonstop n bashing SPCA with ur articles

Seems that both of u r so damn anti about SPCA, The other ppl here shud juz ignore them rather than them spoiling everybody's mood. Seriously if u go on bashing ppl out there this forum is gonna die, go create a topic "Bashing Organizations", yes then u can type type type there at least u r barking up the right tree.

i still cant understand why ppl are replying, no use replying they will always come up with a protest cuz all their life its about winning and whining. They shud join the Dewan rakyat since they sound so childish n yeah only in there u can talk n talk n never stop, n u have ppl screaming back at u

juz like Blackie007 says :

I dunno wats ur problem, maybe u got a sad childhood or you grew up the wrong way, u talk n talk n talk arguing ur point. Why not u go back to ur momma n cry? it sucks to be u man. Freaking losers. I bet u even complain cleaning ur own crap, dats why u wudnt even come down and clean an animals crap....i feel so sorry for u

Yeah SPCA might have not done as much as other private organizations but yeah at least its doin something.

Like mrsdolittle says :

"PEOPLE THE MONIES ARE THERE TO PAY THE PEOPLE WHO ARE WORKING, THE DOGS AND CATS FOOD, THE MEDICATIONS,
THE MAINTENANCE OF THE POUND (THE BILLS i.e. PHONE, WATER, ELECTRICITY etc) AND THEY ARE ALSO SAVING SOME
IN ORDER TO BUY THAT PIECE OF LAND , SO NO MUNICIPAL COUNCIL WILL CHASE THEM OUT OF THAT PLACE....
IF OUR GOVERNMENT HAS NO ISSUE ABOUT DOGS, AM SURE THINGS SHOULD BE SMOOTH..."

this country 60% are u know wat ppl(sry if it doesn't sound right), They look at this animals with the deepest disgust in their hearts(sad but true), maybe 5% dont do that but yeah thats the truth. thats y ppl who wants to own dogs have a harrrrrrrrrrd time trying to keep up with those rules set up by them. This country isnt Hong kong,US, South Africa, Australia where hurting a dogs is a crime, u get jail, u get slap with a hefty fine. Over here they pay peanuts. left 40% of the kind souls out there to fend for this animals, maybe 10% are whining ppl like YOU,20% wud be working,student,family,5% might not like animals left only 5% to come n help this organizations.

How many ppl come to help for the sake of helping from deep down their hearts n not because of some school/college project where they come n never ever seen again

And like Ezer said :

"It was wonderful seeing you, volunteering yourself at SPCA... I guess some people will just talk
but others will work silently towards the betterment of the animals...

And you're right, the food they serve there looks pretty good to me...
I wonder how much they spend on food everyday alone...

its good food dude, i been there n help prepare the food,i even feel like eating the chicken(hungry in the morning)

Ppl who do all this work dont rili come here n talk crap with the likes of u in forums arguing till ur saliva gets dry or ur fingertips gets bruises, maybe ppl like u since u got nothing better to do juz sit her n bash bash bash n bash type type type n rereading it a thousand times..

Finally no point typing so much, guys n gals juz stop posting k, this will never ever end, soon will have stories coming from Korea, Vietnam, Cambodia, heck it ill even come from Hogwarts
Old 03-23-2009, 11:22 PM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Kimimaro,

thanks for the closing... I think this thread have gone on long enough and now it's sounding like a broken record.. .we all know the points being raised and yes, most forumners aren't brain dead and can understand simple english, chinese, or even the occational thai being thrown in...

I am shutting down the thread now as it's not going anywhere and not going to help anyone or any animals....

ps: Nivek: I am sorry, but looks like you're never going to get your anwer now to the following questino that you have been patiently asking.. hehe..:

Quote:
and talking about unanswered questions, you have still yet to answer : How many people are you targeting to make aware this year? Fourth time asking.
Closed Thread