Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 09-11-2009, 02:04 AM
PetFinder Buddy

fffrrr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: U.L.A.T! Where I never expected to find them

I've already written a formal complaint letter to send to the boss of the pet shop nanti. Ceh gile formal tapi it is a serious matter to me. Lagipun I dont want to go and tell the workers there only to have them make excuses or dismiss me trus. I dont know if they will but I will go prepared. Worse yet I found MORE ULATS !!!!

The 1 kg tu I separated it into 2 containers masa bukak cz bekas kecik so had to split into two. Now I can confirm that it's the food yg contaminated and not my containers as BOTH containers ada ulat.
I'm bringing the food back this saturday (can't any sooner) to show them for themselves. Make them sift the food and tgk. Agak2nya benda tu tak bertukar to pupae or metamorphosize or whatever they're suppose to do before that. Nanti hilang pulak bukti.

But I really don't think these are maggots from flies tu. If they were, I would have cried immediately upon discovery and simultaneously wet myself elsewhere hahaha! Yg ni, I rasa mmg mealworms or beetle larvae. Yeah like the ones ppl use for fishing.

When I researched the internet about it I found this useful site about it

http://www.allaboutworms.com/worms-in-pet-food

don't worry, there are NO PICTURES! Selamat untuk dibaca dan juga sangat informative.

but after reading that, it was not only educational BUT it also managed to heighten my fear of worms/maggots/crawling things with no legs. Because:-

"these insects also thrive on animal and human hair, dried pieces of any animal product such as meat, and even other critter carcasses."

are you kidding me?? im starting to think someone is really trying to mess with my head
Old 09-11-2009, 10:21 AM
PetFinder Guru

solehah1505 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to solehah1505

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurkasih View Post
Aii semuanya I AMS nieh.. I tak pernah bagi makan I AM..ada forumer lain2 yang pernah ada experience nieh...
iams tu harga je mahal tp isi dlm nye, cara kilang tu packing sape la tau..lpas ni xnk bli iams da..try tkar kible laen plak..
Old 09-11-2009, 10:26 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by fffrrr View Post
Ya Allah, you tapis dgn tangan you sendiri? And banyak pulak tu??? Goodness. I swear sapa nak torture I or make me confess to anything, thats the thing to do
Yup i tapis gne tgn i sndiri...nak buang agak2la...mahal tu, xsggp..tp next month nk bli royal canin plak.. sape2 yg da bli iams tu, tgk2 la kibles tu tkt ade jgk ulat2 ni..
Old 09-12-2009, 08:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

honeybun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by solehah1505 View Post
Yup i tapis gne tgn i sndiri...nak buang agak2la...mahal tu, xsggp..tp next month nk bli royal canin plak.. sape2 yg da bli iams tu, tgk2 la kibles tu tkt ade jgk ulat2 ni..
OMG Betul la... last year I pernah beli Iams and dalam tu ada ulat. I thot it was my maid yang irresponsible biar container tu terbukak lama sikit. Terpaksa jemur kat panas matahari until they all lari sendiri. Pastu baru simpan balik. Sayang....mahal tu.....!

So, this Iams, they do have quality problems...hmmmm
Old 09-12-2009, 08:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

honeybun is on a distinguished road

Quote:

How could this be? I can only think to blame the petshop because this was the first time I bought food from them. 1 kg of repacked Sportsman's Pride. I have bought repacked food before in the past (several kg skali gus) from my regular petshop but tak pernah in all those years jumpa binatang hidup yg tak sepatutnya berada dalam tu. Worse yet, belum sempat I nak buang the bowl of food tu, my cat dah makan dengan ulat2 tu skali. I can never look at her the same again!!! Luckily, according to the internet, it won't make her sick. If anything, it's just extra protein for her.
Haha....dear, bukan salah baby you tu..... The food is infront of her, dia sebat jer le...lol
Old 09-12-2009, 11:53 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookies4bulat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cookies4bulat

Quote:
I've already written a formal complaint letter to send to the boss of the pet shop nanti. Ceh gile formal tapi it is a serious matter to me. Lagipun I dont want to go and tell the workers there only to have them make excuses or dismiss me trus. I dont know if they will but I will go prepared. Worse yet I found MORE ULATS !!!!

The 1 kg tu I separated it into 2 containers masa bukak cz bekas kecik so had to split into two. Now I can confirm that it's the food yg contaminated and not my containers as BOTH containers ada ulat.
I'm bringing the food back this saturday (can't any sooner) to show them for themselves. Make them sift the food and tgk. Agak2nya benda tu tak bertukar to pupae or metamorphosize or whatever they're suppose to do before that. Nanti hilang pulak bukti.

But I really don't think these are maggots from flies tu. If they were, I would have cried immediately upon discovery and simultaneously wet myself elsewhere hahaha! Yg ni, I rasa mmg mealworms or beetle larvae. Yeah like the ones ppl use for fishing.

When I researched the internet about it I found this useful site about it

http://www.allaboutworms.com/worms-in-pet-food

don't worry, there are NO PICTURES! Selamat untuk dibaca dan juga sangat informative.

but after reading that, it was not only educational BUT it also managed to heighten my fear of worms/maggots/crawling things with no legs. Because:-

"these insects also thrive on animal and human hair, dried pieces of any animal product such as meat, and even other critter carcasses."

are you kidding me?? im starting to think someone is really trying to mess with my head
elok jugak u tulis complaint letter.coz kalu tak tulis,diaorg pon tak tau..harapnye petshop tuh alert lah ngan complain customer.fer do update ye what happen next!then kalu management tak layan..post address tuh kt sni,kita jgn pergi kat kedai dia lagik(jahatnye aku)
Old 09-13-2009, 01:23 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by solehah1505 View Post
yeah surely sayang nak buang because its money. but i wouldnt be able to sift through it even though pakai penapis or even with sarung tangan and face mask. TAKUT! i would force someone else in the house to do it but i give you credit for your bravery for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
Haha....dear, bukan salah baby you tu..... The food is infront of her, dia sebat jer le...lol
oh course bukan salah kucing ku yg innocent itu. tapi masalahnye die suka jilat2 org time tu jelah tak nak dekat dgn die...but she didn't mind. die pegi tido and buat bodo je. but we're still on good terms asal tak kluar ulat dari mulut die sudah! kini kami bahagia kembali kerana image dia makan ulat telah ku buang jauh jauh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookies4bulat View Post
elok jugak u tulis complaint letter.coz kalu tak tulis,diaorg pon tak tau..harapnye petshop tuh alert lah ngan complain customer.fer do update ye what happen next!then kalu management tak layan..post address tuh kt sni,kita jgn pergi kat kedai dia lagik(jahatnye aku)
i still havent gone to the pet shop yet but i will try to do so by tomoro. buat masa skarang ni rahsia lah nama pet shop tu. tak nak buruk2 kan. lagi pun boss die baik. harapnya die akan terima aduan secara baik & professional. jgn kau nak marah aku balik sudah. will update soon!
Old 09-14-2009, 10:09 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybun View Post
OMG Betul la... last year I pernah beli Iams and dalam tu ada ulat. I thot it was my maid yang irresponsible biar container tu terbukak lama sikit. Terpaksa jemur kat panas matahari until they all lari sendiri. Pastu baru simpan balik. Sayang....mahal tu.....!

So, this Iams, they do have quality problems...hmmmm
btolla honeybun...iams mmg ada quality problem..
Old 09-14-2009, 10:11 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
yeah surely sayang nak buang because its money. but i wouldnt be able to sift through it even though pakai penapis or even with sarung tangan and face mask. TAKUT! i would force someone else in the house to do it but i give you credit for your bravery for sure!
thanks..huhu..i pn branikan diri je...nsb baik i ni village girl...xdala geli sgt kat ulat2 tu..
Old 09-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Animal Lover

catzer is on a distinguished road

Sypun tak pernah beli iams..sbb anak bulu sy ni dr kecik mencekik R.C nak tukar lain mmg dah susah sgt..meroyan plak kang..

Pasal ulat ni 1st time dengar..(Ke sy yg kurang alert :P)
Old 09-18-2009, 12:15 AM
Poop Patrol Captain

Bryan is on a distinguished road

Actually if you all do find worms and its reasonably foreseeable that the worms may be found in any of the food such as IAMS under law the manufacturer or pet store owner may be sued.

So try to ask them for a refund.
You are entitled under law to a fresh pack of goods.

Do not be saja saja aje allowing them to get away for their irresponsibilities...

Do ask your lawyer.
Old 09-19-2009, 01:20 PM
PetFinder Buddy

People!

Good news !
I sent my complaint letter on Monday to the workers there and then later smsed the owner. I'm happy to say that I received a good response from the owner. He apologized and has taken the necessary actions and would replace the contaminated food with a new pack. I went to the pet shop yesterday and asked the worker. He said that his boss had already returned all the possibly contaminated stock back to their supplier and that I could take a new pack. However, I decided not to take the food as my cats are now eating a different brand. Instead, since I was buying cat litter, I asked them to deduct the price of the food and so I got 10 litre cat litter for Rm 9 only

Most of all, I'm pleased that the owner took responsibility over the matter and didn't take it lightly. It's good to know that dia org nak jaga hati customer. That's the kind of business that I like to support. So, if anyone faces any problems with any businesses I encourage you to write an official complaint letter. If the owners don't want to take you seriously, cc the letter to FOMCA.

I will continue to visit this pet shop for their good service and for their effort to maintain quality in products that they sell.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:35 AM
PetFinder Guru

cookies4bulat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cookies4bulat

Quote:
People!

Good news !
I sent my complaint letter on Monday to the workers there and then later smsed the owner. I'm happy to say that I received a good response from the owner. He apologized and has taken the necessary actions and would replace the contaminated food with a new pack. I went to the pet shop yesterday and asked the worker. He said that his boss had already returned all the possibly contaminated stock back to their supplier and that I could take a new pack. However, I decided not to take the food as my cats are now eating a different brand. Instead, since I was buying cat litter, I asked them to deduct the price of the food and so I got 10 litre cat litter for Rm 9 only

Most of all, I'm pleased that the owner took responsibility over the matter and didn't take it lightly. It's good to know that dia org nak jaga hati customer. That's the kind of business that I like to support. So, if anyone faces any problems with any businesses I encourage you to write an official complaint letter. If the owners don't want to take you seriously, cc the letter to FOMCA.

I will continue to visit this pet shop for their good service and for their effort to maintain quality in products that they sell.
Yay!!glad the owner took action!meaning that the owner bukan kira nak untung sahaja
Old 09-29-2009, 11:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Eh betol la...masa nak pegi balik kampung Raya ari tu, I prepare Iams kibbles for the strays sebelum bertolak. I beli yang 8lbs tu (lebih kurang 3 lebih kilo). Bila je I bukak....ALAMAK...ada kutu (warna seakan2 purple tu...) YUCKSSSS!!! Nak tak nak I kena tuang juga la nak buang mahal. I tapis dan bunuh setakat yang mampu (walaupun geli nak mampos!)
Old 09-30-2009, 08:27 AM
PetFinder Guru

linda_gamble is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to linda_gamble

iams ada ulat?
1 time dengar ..
takut gak, kekadang tak perasan..jadik penyakit plak nnatie.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:55 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntum View Post
Eh betol la...masa nak pegi balik kampung Raya ari tu, I prepare Iams kibbles for the strays sebelum bertolak. I beli yang 8lbs tu (lebih kurang 3 lebih kilo). Bila je I bukak....ALAMAK...ada kutu (warna seakan2 purple tu...) YUCKSSSS!!! Nak tak nak I kena tuang juga la nak buang mahal. I tapis dan bunuh setakat yang mampu (walaupun geli nak mampos!)
kutu? warna purple...macam mana tu?
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Iye...kutu tu macam kutu beras...tapi besar sikit dan warna purple....eeeee!!! I beli Iams tu dah lama sebab standby waktu nak outstation. Sebelum ni, bila nak oustation, biasanya, I akan beli a day before bertolak...tapi ari tu, tak jadi nak g oustation. So store dalam bilik store la...bila tengok pakaging luar tak de pulak nampak pakage tu koyak ke apa...ish..geli la...
Old 03-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Animal Lover

cwitters66 is on a distinguished road

Salam,

I'm new here. The reason how i boleh jumpa this thread is, i faced the same thing as you guys last night.

But, surprisingly, on a Royal Canin 2kg persian 30 pack. I jumpa 2 ekor, sekor dlm my air-tight container and sekor lagi dlm the original pack. Bukan lose pack, mmg manufacturer pack.

I just want to see if ada anybody else facing the same prob with RC product. I dah beli prod nie for one year, this is the first time I tgk ada maggot.

Lagi satu, kaler dry food persian 30 nie tak standard ker? Ada pack yg light brown, ada pack yg kaler mcm bijik kopi. Memang mcm nie kah?

Appreciate sharing information with you guys.