Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Tech & Computers > Tech Lounge

Tech Lounge Everything Tech and gadgets. Discuss latest news.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:13 PM
BabyZee's Avatar
BabyZee BabyZee is offline
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
Posts: 1,868
Rep Power: 14
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Wink .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

so, what brand and model of the desktop or lappie are you using?
and what's your review and opinions on it?
maybe this thread can be a quick guide for others who are planning to get a new set of desktop or lappie...
so let's be goodie2 and share your experiences...

Neway for me, i'm currently using a NEC lappie, it's the NEC Versa E6300 model..
Just bought it this year and it's ok for me, having quite nice specs and hardware, none complaints so far..
hope it'll be good for years to come if not i'll have to collect money from now on to buy my wishlist lappie's brand, like mac or sony, even hp also ok for me...
Neway my lappie look like the pics below...





__________________
" Bad things happen. Trust that good things happen, too.
Sometimes you’ve just got to close your eyes, hold on tight and believe. "

Last edited by BabyZee; 09-13-2008 at 06:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:15 PM
Ezer's Avatar
Ezer Ezer is offline
CEO, EzerNET
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 796
Rep Power: 10
Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Mine is Kryptonian!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM
filinlee's Avatar
filinlee filinlee is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Bukit Jalil/ Bukit Serdang
Posts: 1,214
Rep Power: 14
filinlee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

guys.. where to get 2nd hand ram for nec? its the old type versa s600, i think.. have to re-check... its an old model.. using pentium 4
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM
BabyZee's Avatar
BabyZee BabyZee is offline
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
Posts: 1,868
Rep Power: 14
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
guys.. where to get 2nd hand ram for nec? its the old type versa s600, i think.. have to re-check... its an old model.. using pentium 4
i think you can try and surf lelong.com.my..
or to 2nd hand computer shop,there's on in shah alam..
damn,i forgot the shop's name..
i'll try to find out and tell you later k..
sorry if i didn't manage to find it..
__________________
" Bad things happen. Trust that good things happen, too.
Sometimes you’ve just got to close your eyes, hold on tight and believe. "
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-29-2008, 09:25 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

using HP tx1221au laptop.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-29-2008, 09:26 PM
vivienlpl's Avatar
vivienlpl vivienlpl is offline
Vivien Wuz Ere
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
Posts: 921
Rep Power: 13
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
guys.. where to get 2nd hand ram for nec? its the old type versa s600, i think.. have to re-check... its an old model.. using pentium 4
go to sunway pyramid
the IT shop - old wing - top floor
there is one stall that sell second notebooks and all the accessories

i think got a lot of junks for old notebook

i have two notebook...

1 is personal and it is really very old..let see more than 10 years old notebook compaq er...

i have another office - one for me to crash toshiba portege - so far ok

i love toshiba notebook because it is durable and reliable

I used to have twinhead - pls pls dont buy them.... very dissapointing - my experience with them - i go back to the service centre more than 10 times - fix - pay and nothing can be done!!!!!!!

acer - also not good - apparently lots of complaints hahaha

HP - depending on the model :)

so far good is toshiba, fujitsu and nec

certain ppl said sony is good - it all depends :)
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-29-2008, 10:05 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 14
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Hehehehe...
malu want to say ... but nvm lah... since all also fren2...
I am using, a good old DELL Inspiron 5100, for nearly 4 years! No problem so far! :)
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-29-2008, 11:51 PM
Penghulu's Avatar
Penghulu Penghulu is offline
Tok Penghulu
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bamboo River
Posts: 937
Rep Power: 13
Penghulu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filinlee View Post
guys.. where to get 2nd hand ram for nec? its the old type versa s600, i think.. have to re-check... its an old model.. using pentium 4
It's a ddr 266 or 333 or 400mhz and 512mb new cost you around RM65-70 but 266 will be higher ard RM90...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
Mine is Kryptonian!
That was the fastest is it...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Hehehehe...
malu want to say ... but nvm lah... since all also fren2...
I am using, a good old DELL Inspiron 5100, for nearly 4 years! No problem so far! :)
Malu...tapi mau...
__________________

MJ
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
Penghulu's Avatar
Penghulu Penghulu is offline
Tok Penghulu
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bamboo River
Posts: 937
Rep Power: 13
Penghulu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Toshiba M45-S2692 15.4" Notebook
1.73 GHz - Pentium M, Centrino - 80 GB Hard Drive - 15.4" Display - Windows XP Home
[The specs will be different from local cos this is a US specs and for sale in the USA..]

I have been using it for almost 4 yrs now...Superb lappy..


__________________

MJ
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-30-2008, 12:28 AM
BabyZee's Avatar
BabyZee BabyZee is offline
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
Posts: 1,868
Rep Power: 14
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivienlpl View Post
go to sunway pyramid
the IT shop - old wing - top floor
there is one stall that sell second notebooks and all the accessories

i think got a lot of junks for old notebook

i have two notebook...

1 is personal and it is really very old..let see more than 10 years old notebook compaq er...

i have another office - one for me to crash toshiba portege - so far ok

i love toshiba notebook because it is durable and reliable

I used to have twinhead - pls pls dont buy them.... very dissapointing - my experience with them - i go back to the service centre more than 10 times - fix - pay and nothing can be done!!!!!!!

acer - also not good - apparently lots of complaints hahaha

HP - depending on the model :)

so far good is toshiba, fujitsu and nec

certain ppl said sony is good - it all depends :)
same like you i also have a 2nd lappie, my previous lappie before bought this one and it's also compaq too!
also i think it already reached it 10years life, it was a compaq armada but i forgot which model because there's no point using it, damaged here and there and needs a lot of patience to use it..
But one day i still need to switch it on to transfer all my files to my new lappie...
guess it's going to be one hell of a work to do!

yup, i heard also acer not that good if you're planning to use it as your main and only lappie...
yup,you can get high specs with much more cheaper price than other brands but you need to bear the consequence afterward...huhu..

i think sony is basically because how they branded their lappie, looks sophisticated and high class but don't know how good is it, even the cheapest sony also cost abot rm4k+..yikes!
and the specs also normal only..
but it all depends on your budget and liking..

For me, it took me about 3years to buy a new laptop!
i was surveying here and there for the best offer and the best brand&model with my budget..
I don't want to end up to buy the wrong one as i'll be using the lappie for several years and it's also going to be my 2nd home and 2nd heart!
wahhh...so dramatic weh...

if only my nec versa is in pink color..i would like that so much!
that's why before this i was aiming for the pink lappies such as dell pink lappie but nevermind about the looks...
guess with the tech nowadays, i can just get the lappie's sticker skins...

wah, one of my longest post...




Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Hehehehe...
malu want to say ... but nvm lah... since all also fren2...
I am using, a good old DELL Inspiron 5100, for nearly 4 years! No problem so far! :)
malu tapi mau....
tak payah malu2 sis bina, sume frens2 kan...
__________________
" Bad things happen. Trust that good things happen, too.
Sometimes you’ve just got to close your eyes, hold on tight and believe. "
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:00 AM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 14
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penghulu View Post
Toshiba M45-S2692 15.4" Notebook
1.73 GHz - Pentium M, Centrino - 80 GB Hard Drive - 15.4" Display - Windows XP Home
[The specs will be different from local cos this is a US specs and for sale in the USA..]

I have been using it for almost 4 yrs now...Superb lappy..


Wahhhhh...... I am impressed! 4 yrs and stickers are still there! Looks new!!!
Kalau I, dah lama kopek those stickers, itchy fingers syndrome
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:01 AM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 14
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
[B][COLOR="Magenta"]
malu tapi mau....
tak payah malu2 sis bina, sume frens2 kan...
me shy mahhh
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-30-2008, 08:49 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Zee,sony vaio got pink lappie what


Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
same like you i also have a 2nd lappie, my previous lappie before bought this one and it's also compaq too!
also i think it already reached it 10years life, it was a compaq armada but i forgot which model because there's no point using it, damaged here and there and needs a lot of patience to use it..
But one day i still need to switch it on to transfer all my files to my new lappie...
guess it's going to be one hell of a work to do!

yup, i heard also acer not that good if you're planning to use it as your main and only lappie...
yup,you can get high specs with much more cheaper price than other brands but you need to bear the consequence afterward...huhu..

i think sony is basically because how they branded their lappie, looks sophisticated and high class but don't know how good is it, even the cheapest sony also cost abot rm4k+..yikes!
and the specs also normal only..
but it all depends on your budget and liking..

For me, it took me about 3years to buy a new laptop!
i was surveying here and there for the best offer and the best brand&model with my budget..
I don't want to end up to buy the wrong one as i'll be using the lappie for several years and it's also going to be my 2nd home and 2nd heart!
wahhh...so dramatic weh...

if only my nec versa is in pink color..i would like that so much!
that's why before this i was aiming for the pink lappies such as dell pink lappie but nevermind about the looks...
guess with the tech nowadays, i can just get the lappie's sticker skins...

wah, one of my longest post...






malu tapi mau....
tak payah malu2 sis bina, sume frens2 kan...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-30-2008, 10:25 AM
BabyZee's Avatar
BabyZee BabyZee is offline
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
Posts: 1,868
Rep Power: 14
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Zee,sony vaio got pink lappie what
the price also very pinky2...
with this nec price i got the better specs than sony vaio cheapest one...
teringin gak sony tapi over budget, in the futurela, see how..
__________________
" Bad things happen. Trust that good things happen, too.
Sometimes you’ve just got to close your eyes, hold on tight and believe. "

Last edited by BabyZee; 09-13-2008 at 06:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-30-2008, 10:32 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Zee,my HP laptop I bought it for RM4 thousand.My IT savvy sister said mine is hybrid laptop.PDA cum laptop.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyZee View Post
the price also very pinky2...
with this nec price i got the better specs than sony vaio cheapest one...
teringin gak sony tapi over budget, i the futurela, see how..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
vivienlpl's Avatar
vivienlpl vivienlpl is offline
Vivien Wuz Ere
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Earth - where every human beings have to live together with animals
Posts: 921
Rep Power: 13
vivienlpl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

nowadays lappy very cheap already..not like those day...........

those day toshiba minimum also 4K+++ like bomb
that time i student where can afford

now 1999 also can get liao........

there two new in the market

ftec and msi
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-01-2008, 12:36 AM
Penghulu's Avatar
Penghulu Penghulu is offline
Tok Penghulu
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bamboo River
Posts: 937
Rep Power: 13
Penghulu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post



Wahhhhh...... I am impressed! 4 yrs and stickers are still there! Looks new!!!
Kalau I, dah lama kopek those stickers, itchy fingers syndrome
Allo bina itu the net punyer gambar lah...here below is the actual unit...

__________________

MJ
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
imann's Avatar
imann imann is offline
Purrfect lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Nilai
Posts: 1,487
Rep Power: 14
imann is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to imann
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

bila la nak dpt laptop sendiri ek?

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
Penghulu's Avatar
Penghulu Penghulu is offline
Tok Penghulu
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bamboo River
Posts: 937
Rep Power: 13
Penghulu is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imann View Post
bila la nak dpt laptop sendiri ek?

Kompol duit mak Imaan...sikit2 lama2 membukit...
Dlm RM2k dah boleh dapat yg baik punya...free DOS notebook.
and maybe you can find a good used one...
__________________

MJ
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-13-2008, 02:13 PM
adamyala's Avatar
adamyala adamyala is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: damansara
Posts: 2,597
Rep Power: 15
adamyala is on a distinguished road
Default Re: .:: What Brand & Model Are You Using? ::.

Hi !!!
saya baru nampak thread ni...
maklum lah.....saya baru pindah sini

Saya guna laptop compaq je. Presario V3000
Beli bulan Mei 2007 masa tgh offer tu..., setahun lebeh dah guna
So far no problem.....
tapi lately sejak saya mula berforum, problem pulak nak upload pic dari photobucket. Bila saya cuba dia keluar mcm 'broken link' punya sign...
nak tanya jugak ....sebab saya ni IT tak pandai langsung
Ada ke softwares yang I kene tambah?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 07:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.