Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 11-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Persistant Coughing...Pls Advise

Dear All,
How to treat persistent coughing?
Rimba started coughing since last week. Puncanya : bila Pakcu mandikan dia dgn shampoo Malaseb. The instruction said : Lepas dah lumurkan dgn shampoo, biarkan kucing dlm 15-20 minutes. Time ni la dia jilat-jilat bulu dier. Dah jentik-jentik telinga dia pun dia masih jilat lg. So, tak sampai 10 minit, dah rinse dia, terpakseler sebab kuat sgt jilat. Kcg lain tak jilat lak kalau mandi dgn Malaseb. After this till now, dia kadang2 batuk tp tak kuar apa2 pun. Tapi bila batuk kuat sangat n lama... kesian dier.
Kilau lak.. till now pun batuk lagi, pun tak keluar apa2 gak. Macam ada tersekat je kat tekak dier. Tapi check2 tak de lak lump ke apa ker..
Both of them appetite and activeness ok..
Old 11-27-2008, 02:23 PM
CFA Ambassador

arisham is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to arisham
Default Re: Persistant Coughing...Pls Advise

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Dear All,
How to treat persistent coughing?
Rimba started coughing since last week. Puncanya : bila Pakcu mandikan dia dgn shampoo Malaseb. The instruction said : Lepas dah lumurkan dgn shampoo, biarkan kucing dlm 15-20 minutes. Time ni la dia jilat-jilat bulu dier. Dah jentik-jentik telinga dia pun dia masih jilat lg. So, tak sampai 10 minit, dah rinse dia, terpakseler sebab kuat sgt jilat. Kcg lain tak jilat lak kalau mandi dgn Malaseb. After this till now, dia kadang2 batuk tp tak kuar apa2 pun. Tapi bila batuk kuat sangat n lama... kesian dier.
Kilau lak.. till now pun batuk lagi, pun tak keluar apa2 gak. Macam ada tersekat je kat tekak dier. Tapi check2 tak de lak lump ke apa ker..
Both of them appetite and activeness ok..
I could be many reasons...if it because of malaseb (u need to check with vet) then u maybe need anti-biotics..one more reason is usually cat after groom/bath with lick themself thoughly..sometime the hairball stuck in their stomach or throat..u need lexatone and it will be good to combine with felovite.
Old 11-27-2008, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by arisham View Post
I could be many reasons...if it because of malaseb (u need to check with vet) then u maybe need anti-biotics..one more reason is usually cat after groom/bath with lick themself thoughly..sometime the hairball stuck in their stomach or throat..u need lexatone and it will be good to combine with felovite.
Thanks Arisham... good to have you here. So far, i've not seen any hairball came out from the coughing, but yes i'll buy lexatone and felovite. Risau gak.. , I'll bring both of them to vet today to check..
Old 11-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Thanks Arisham... good to have you here. So far, i've not seen any hairball came out from the coughing, but yes i'll buy lexatone and felovite. Risau gak.. , I'll bring both of them to vet today to check..
If your cat is coughing after the Malaseb incident, since it is a medicated shampoo for flea treatment, the chemicals it licked could have caused irritation of its mucous membranes in its throat and possible airways. Sama mcm kat office bila those pest control guys datang pada masa office hours and spray the chemicals which enters the circulating air in the whole office, some of us with more sensitive system really choke and batuk, and continue to batuk and feel throat irritation for some time after going home.

I suspect this is a more likely cause with your poor cat. Make lots of chicken soup from daging dada ayam kukus/boiled and offer it to the cat to drink lots of in order to clear his system of the toxin and irritation. Poor cat. Pakcu kena la jaga, just becos other cats don't lick doesn't mean all cats won't jilat. Be attentive all the time with every cat, and talk to your cat, belai dia, use your hand to block kalau dia nak jilat.

Anyway, I never use Malaseb shampoo and never had to use it, thank goodness because none of my kids ever had any fleas.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
If your cat is coughing after the Malaseb incident, since it is a medicated shampoo for flea treatment, the chemicals it licked could have caused irritation of its mucous membranes in its throat and possible airways. Sama mcm kat office bila those pest control guys datang pada masa office hours and spray the chemicals which enters the circulating air in the whole office, some of us with more sensitive system really choke and batuk, and continue to batuk and feel throat irritation for some time after going home.

I suspect this is a more likely cause with your poor cat. Make lots of chicken soup from daging dada ayam kukus/boiled and offer it to the cat to drink lots of in order to clear his system of the toxin and irritation. Poor cat. Pakcu kena la jaga, just becos other cats don't lick doesn't mean all cats won't jilat. Be attentive all the time with every cat, and talk to your cat, belai dia, use your hand to block kalau dia nak jilat.

Anyway, I never use Malaseb shampoo and never had to use it, thank goodness because none of my kids ever had any fleas.
Thanks FK for good info. Seronoknyer tak de flea... apa rahsianyer? hehe... Probablyler sebab kurang belaian nowaday, bz sgt now...
Old 11-27-2008, 03:58 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Thanks FK for good info. Seronoknyer tak de flea... apa rahsianyer? hehe... Probablyler sebab kurang belaian nowaday, bz sgt now...
Pakcu, why are you surprised kucing tak ada kutu? Senang aje, make sure your environment is hygenically clean at all times. Maintain good personal hygiene for yourself too. Never simply touch strange cats without disinfecting and cleaning yourself well with soap and water and never let strange cats touch your baju, socks, shoes without immediately disinfecting them then and there before leaving the place.

In short, never bring any diseases or pests home to your kids. In clinics, put your kids far away from other pets and don't ever go touching here and there then turn around to touch your cat, the carrier or the cloth covering your carrier. Be alert and watchful at all times. Never lend your cage or carrier to others and never borrow. Very simple, actually.

And saya monitor every single furkid every single day, observing behaviour, eating habits, poo consistency, pee color and regularity, fur and coat condition, etc. etc. I spend time with each one, stroking and talking with each one every day.

Prevention is better than cure.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-27-2008, 03:59 PM
PetFinder Guru

abzalia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to abzalia

sengkenit tuh same spesis ngan kutu ekk..??
sengkenit yg halus2 tuh kan? yg susah nk nampak klu kat bulu kucing yg kaler2..
tp klu bulu kucing yg kaler itam cam Chellom, senang nampak..
sengkenit tuh yg buat badan CHello berkudis tuhh..
pakai syampoo anti kutu tuh biasa nya brp hari?
selang 3-4 hari ke...@ selang2 dengan syampoo biasa...?
bebudak kat umah tuh seminggu sekali mandi pakai syampoo anti kutu..
kadang2 jek pakai syampoo Frieskies...
tp kat kepala dorang saya jarang basahkan sangat dengan syampoo..
basahkan dengan air jek..
tuh pun hati2 sebab ada orang cakap air x bleh masuk tinge durang ek?
tul ker?
saya just basahkan gitu2 jek kepala dorang..
lubang idong & dlm tinge saya bersihkan gune cotton buds (kat luar2 la)
Old 11-27-2008, 04:14 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by abzalia View Post
sengkenit tuh same spesis ngan kutu ekk..??
sengkenit yg halus2 tuh kan? yg susah nk nampak klu kat bulu kucing yg kaler2..
tp klu bulu kucing yg kaler itam cam Chellom, senang nampak..
sengkenit tuh yg buat badan CHello berkudis tuhh..
pakai syampoo anti kutu tuh biasa nya brp hari?
selang 3-4 hari ke...@ selang2 dengan syampoo biasa...?
bebudak kat umah tuh seminggu sekali mandi pakai syampoo anti kutu..
kadang2 jek pakai syampoo Frieskies...
tp kat kepala dorang saya jarang basahkan sangat dengan syampoo..
basahkan dengan air jek..
tuh pun hati2 sebab ada orang cakap air x bleh masuk tinge durang ek?
tul ker?
saya just basahkan gitu2 jek kepala dorang..
lubang idong & dlm tinge saya bersihkan gune cotton buds (kat luar2 la)
Abzalia pergi rujuk kat buku "Cat Owner's Home Vet Handbook" tu dan check dengan mata sendiri abenda "sengkenit" tu sebenarnya (pergi belek tengok gambar kutu dalam buku hinggu Abzalia nampak gambar yg mcm rupa "sengkenit" ... dan baca apa yg perlu dilakukan secara terperinci. Kitorang pun nak kenal amenda "sengkenit" yg Abzalia cakapkan tu ...

Bila sudah, tolong cerita, ya?
Old 11-27-2008, 04:17 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Persistant Coughing...Pls Advise

Pakcu,saya punya kucing2 kat rmh pun takde kutu. dulu masa durang kitten strays saya cuci durang dgn shampoo machiko ada jual kat carrefour dulu harga RM14 skrg RM18.1 bulan 1 atau 2 x kali mandi. saya tak bawa kucing saya kemana2.takut terjangkit mcm2 penyakit dari kucing lain atau takut surrounding yg ada kuman ke dsb.pasal tu klu pakcu perasan setiap gathering saya tak pernah bawa durang. bukan nak kata rmh org lain kotor atau apa2 cuma takut tak nak menyebar penyakit dan terima sebaran penyakit dari kucing2 lain.

Quote:
Old 11-27-2008, 04:27 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Pakcu,saya punya kucing2 kat rmh pun takde kutu. dulu masa durang kitten strays saya cuci durang dgn shampoo machiko ada jual kat carrefour dulu harga RM14 skrg RM18.1 bulan 1 atau 2 x kali mandi. saya tak bawa kucing saya kemana2.takut terjangkit mcm2 penyakit dari kucing lain atau takut surrounding yg ada kuman ke dsb.pasal tu klu pakcu perasan setiap gathering saya tak pernah bawa durang. bukan nak kata rmh org lain kotor atau apa2 cuma takut tak nak menyebar penyakit dan terima sebaran penyakit dari kucing2 lain.
Yes, and that is why good boarding places insist on defleaing every new cat brought in and charge for it because they take no chances even though the owners claim that their kucing ain't got no kutus!

And I never enter or go near any house that is dirty and messy looking and their cats dirty and unhealthy looking. Veeeeeeerrry particular.

And I never let anyone touch-touch my cats.

Never enter dirty, messy pet shop, only buy from clean ones, even then, I never ever go near the cat area.

Beli and terus cabut!