Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Cat TV and Photos

Cat TV and Photos Post photos of your cats or embed YouTube videos. Nice place to show off your kittens or cat buddies

Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default June's Anak Bulus

tulah pasal.kita vote si FK sbg calon wakil rakyat mcm mana?? heheheh!!

yg enzyme tu buat sendiri ler mcm FK cakap.amik kulit limau/nenas kasih racik kecik2 jd cair.pastu spray.mlm ni gak akak buat.hehehehe!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuntum View Post
Wah FK...dah la pencinta animal, pencinta alam juga...I likey!

u tak jawab soalan saya lagi, brand apa filter yang u cakap tu? Boleh beli kat mana? Yang enzyme tu pulak boleh beli kat mana?
Old 11-06-2009, 02:29 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: June's Anak Bulus

Quote:
Wah FK...dah la pencinta animal, pencinta alam juga...I likey!

u tak jawab soalan saya lagi, brand apa filter yang u cakap tu? Boleh beli kat mana? Yang enzyme tu pulak boleh beli kat mana?
Oooooooh!!! Sokri, sokri ... jenama Honeywell. Kuntum boleh google, taipkan perkataan-perkataan "Honeywell air purifier true hepa". Selamat meneroka!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-06-2009, 02:32 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
tulah pasal.kita vote si FK sbg calon wakil rakyat mcm mana?? heheheh!!

yg enzyme tu buat sendiri ler mcm FK cakap.amik kulit limau/nenas kasih racik kecik2 jd cair.pastu spray.mlm ni gak akak buat.hehehehe!!
June pergi google resipe dia ... perap guna gula melaka tulin dan air, ada nisbah nyer ... perap selama 3 bulan baru boleh pakai, tau ... bukan besok lusa ahhhh ....
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 11-06-2009, 02:34 PM
Animal Lover

3 bulan?????????????? adoi!! aku belilah jawabnya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
June pergi google resipe dia ... perap guna gula melaka tulin dan air, ada nisbah nyer ... perap selama 3 bulan baru boleh pakai, tau ... bukan besok lusa ahhhh ....
Old 11-06-2009, 03:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

kuntum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Oooooooh!!! Sokri, sokri ... jenama Honeywell. Kuntum boleh google, taipkan perkataan-perkataan "Honeywell air purifier true hepa". Selamat meneroka!
Ok..thank U! Nanti i google kan
Old 11-06-2009, 03:18 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
3 bulan?????????????? adoi!! aku belilah jawabnya
Haaa itulah akak oiii...baik beli je. Nanti tak sempat 3 bulan, berkecai dilanggar budak2 saya tu . Lepas tu, mulalah buat muka tak bersalah . Maunye my blood go upstairs!

Saya pernah baca pasal buat enzyme2 ni dalam email. Orang kuat nye Puan Sri...apa entah. Tak ingat. Tapi sapa rajin buat ni...saya tabik la!
Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Default Garbage Enzyme/Enzim Sampah

Hah! Ini dia petikan suratkhabar The Star:

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2009/3/11/central/3437086&sec=central
Wednesday March 11, 2009
Garbage enzyme used to clean market
By OH ING YEEN

THE Petaling Jaya Section 17 Community and Hawkers Association has come up with an afford¬able yet effective way to clean the market.

Tan Yew Leong, who heads the association’s hygiene committee, said they started using the garbage enzyme two months ago.

“We saw it in the newspapers and decided to try it. It costs about RM1,000 and the jet spray, which is used to spray the market with the enzyme, costs about RM600.

Tired and tested: Lim(right) Tan with the eco-friendly garbage enzyme.
“All you need is a bin, water, brown sugar/molasses as well as vegetable and fruit scraps, which we get free of charge from the hawkers. The mix is then kept in a bin for three months to ferment.

“Only one litre of enzyme is needed to clean the entire stretch of the market. As a result, there are less flies and no odour. It also reduces litter as the leftover vegetables and fruits are used to make the enzyme.

“I hope that hawkers in other areas could try using the enzyme. We are willing to share the knowledge,” said Tan, who is passionate about recycling.

Association chairman Lim Keh Seng said there was good response from the hawkers.

“Residents can also get the enzyme from us and we will teach them how to make it. Hence, we can educate people about recycling and environment preservation at the same time.”

He added that two workers were hired to clean the market from 7am to 2pm at RM1,000 each per month.

Both of them also use the enzyme at home as it also doubles up as a natural household cleaner. It can be used as an organic fertiliser, dish wash and shampoo.

To make your own garbage enzyme, the ratio is 1kg of brown sugar and 3kg of vegetables and fruit scraps to 10 litres of water.

For details, call Tan at 013-333 0202 or browse the Internet for more information.

------------------------------------------------------------------

http://thestar.com.my/lifestyle/stor...&sec=lifefocus

Tuesday April 7, 2009
Wonder cleaner
By TAN CHENG LI

Enthusiasts claim that garbage enzyme works its magic indoors and outdoors. But not everyone is convinced of its benefits.

IT IS every housewife’s dream – a multipurpose cleaner that is all-natural, environment- friendly, non-toxic, free of synthetic chemicals and best of all, can be made from kitchen scraps.

Sounds too good to be true, right? But many who have made and used this cleaner swear by it. Making this wonder cleaner merely involves fermenting kitchen waste with brown sugar and water for three months. The resulting brown, vinegary solution is commonly called garbage enzyme and is diluted with water for use – and it appears to be able to work miracles.

Testimonies on its uses appear endless: to do the dishes and laundry, mop the floor, scrub the toilet and bathroom, remove stubborn stains, for body care, as deodoriser and antiseptic and to clear blockages in pipes and drains. It will even repel ants, mosquitoes, cockroaches, lizards.

Using citrus fruit waste will lend a pleasant scent to the garbage enzyme.

In farms, garbage enzymes have found use as a natural pesticide, herbicide, fertiliser and odour remover, and is also added to animal feed to improve digestion of livestock. And in the garden, it will make your plants flourish, bloom and fruit. Prisca Loke can testify to that. “Because of my busy schedule, I never had time to take care of my plants and they looked horrible. But after I sprayed them with garbage enzymes, they grew lush and started flowering. That converted me into a garbage enzyme user,” says the assistant human resource manager.

Loke now relies on garbage enzymes for many of her household chores. She finds it effective in removing grease from pots and pans and kitchen counters, as well as stubborn stains from her children’s white school shirts (she soaks them in diluted enzyme solution before the normal laundering).

Most of what she knows is from experimenting and sharing experience with friends.

“I could not find any scientific analysis on the enzyme on the Internet but from my personal experience and talking with friends, I find that the enzyme is useful.”

She has tried fermenting different fruit wastes since all will produce different enzymes, and some might be more effective for certain tasks than others. Ever willing to share her knowledge, Loke has given demonstrations on enzyme-making to her colleagues at Sunrise Bhd and residents of Sunrise Mont Kiara in Kuala Lumpur.

Enzyme evangelists Dr Joean Oon uses diluted enzyme solution to clean vegetables.

Poultry seller Tan Yew Leong has also turned enzyme-advocate after seeing how it has reduced foul odours emanating from the Section 17 market in Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

“The market used to smell as the council only cleans it once a week or once a month by spraying water. Since we started spraying the enzyme (diluted with water) daily, it is not so smelly and there are fewer flies. The drains are also cleaner,” says Tan who has been making full use of vegetable and fruit discards at the market.

His home is filled with about 100 tanks, both big and small, of fermenting waste.

“Some other hawkers are also making the enzyme themselves after seeing its effectiveness,” says Tan, who provides free enzyme for cleansing of the market. He also sells the solution by the bottles but thinks it best that people make it themselves as they would reduce their waste.

Tan uses the enzyme liberally at home. “About 70% of the cleaning at home is now done using the enzyme, for mopping the floor and cleaning the toilets and bathroom. My family has reduced the use of chemicals and there are no more cockroaches in my house,” says the satisfied user.

The benefits of garbage enzymes is said to extend beyond the home. Apparently, when enzyme-laced wastewater flows down kitchen sinks and bathroom pipes, it supposedly continues to work its magic in drains, sewers and eventually, streams and rivers. This idea has spurred a project to get some 10,000 households in Petaling Jaya to produce their own garbage enzyme for home use.

The Danish-funded project by Section 19 Residents Association, Justlife (an organic food chain) and Beautiful Gate Foundation for the Disabled, will see enzyme-making demonstrations for residents’ associations and other community groups in the next five months. In Thailand, households’ use of garbage enzymes is said to have helped keep some streams clean.

“When people use the enzyme to clean dishes and do the laundry, the discharged water will finally end up in ponds and streams, so indirectly cleaning up the water bodies,” says Lee Lih Shyan, senior assistant director of the Local Agenda 21 programme at Petaling Jaya City Council. This approach benefits the environment more than that of pouring drums of garbage enzymes into ponds and rivers to cleanse the water bodies as practised by some communities in Penang. Lee says cleaning up ponds and rivers this way is an exercise in futility if pollution is not stemmed at the source.

“Such efforts will not be effective unless there is a group producing the enzyme in large quantities and continuously pouring it into the river. There is no point in doing it once or twice,” he says.

Where is the science

But exactly how and why this miraculous solution works is unclear. Even its advocates can’t quite explain the science behind it.

“There have been tests done but all the information is in Thai. I do not have the resources to get them translated into English or to research into how it works. And I’m not a chemist, so I don’t know how to explain it.

All I can say is that people have used it, and it works,” says Penang-based naturopathy practitioner Dr Joean Oon, Oon had learnt about garbage enzymes from its originator, Dr Rosukon Poompanvong, a pioneer of Thailand’s organic farming movement and a Food and Agriculture Organisation award recipient for her work in using fermented organic waste for crop fertilisation, pest protection and livestock feed.

Scientists spoken to say it is the microorganisms present in waste that produce the enzymes. The fermentation produces acetic acid, characterised by its vinegary smell, and it is the acid that gives the solution its cleaning prowess; vinegar, after all, is a traditional household cleaner.

The usefulness of enzymes has long been known. Enzymes act as catalysts – they increase the rates of chemical reactions.

In the human body, enzymes help in digestion and other bodily functions.

In wastewater treatment, enzymes accelerate decomposition of organic substances.

Enzymes have also found their way into commercial goods: in detergents, they improve the cleaning performance while in cleaning solutions, they eat away organic material that clog up pipes.

While the cleansing ability of garbage enzymes can be explained, claims on its other abilities seem pretty far-fetched – for instance, its role in repairing the ozone layer and in reducing global warming. Its proponents say ozone generated by the enzyme solution will bind with heavy metals in the air to reduce global warming. The ozone will also react with other elements such as nitrogen and sulphur to form nitrates and sulphates, which make good plant nutrients.

The science behind these claims, however, is sketchy. It does not help that the few documents available from Oon have been poorly translated into English from Thai. In Internet chat groups, some have censured the claims, especially the one about repairing the ozone hole. It is argued that ground-level ozone is unstable and will break into oxygen before it has any chance to migrate to the stratosphere (10 to 48km above sea level) to form the beneficial ozone layer that prevents harmful UV radiation from reaching the Earth.

Also, ground-level ozone (it results when nitrogen oxides and organic gases, emitted by automobiles and industrial sources, react with air) is a toxic gas and irritant, and causes smog. In recent technologies, ozone is used to disinfect water as well as sterilise air and certain foods but the amount of ozone produced in garbage enzymes is so low that it would have little effectiveness.

Possible toxins

Sewerage plants do rely on beneficial bacteria to break down waste but no one knows for sure if the flushing of garbage enzymes down the toilet, as advocated by its proponents, would not lead to ill effects in the long term.

Likewise, flooding lakes and rivers with enzymes might be harmful if too much is used – it might well deplete oxygen levels in the water due to higher organic matter. Also, the anaerobic fermentation involved (the enzyme is made in an air-tight container) will release methane, a potent greenhouse gas. Dr P. Agamuthu, a professor in waste management at Universiti Malaya, has questions too regardin g garbage enzyme. That the solution is beneficial for plants does not surprise him as it is rich in nutrients from the sugar.

However, he is wary about using the solution in the shower and to wash dishes and food. “Since it involves fermentation of waste, there might be pathogens in the mixture. In normal composting of solid waste which is water-free, temperatures can reach to 65°C to 70°C, and this will destroy most pathogens. Fermentation, however, will never reach this temperature, especially when water is added.”

He is uncertain if it is the enzymes, or other chemicals that are doing the job.

To clear these doubts, Agamuthu intends to conduct his own tests with the enzyme to see what it contains and its effect on plants and soil.

Following the barrage of criticisms, Oon has decided to stop linking garbage enzymes with ozone depletion and global warming – but only because she is stumped when asked to explain the scien ce. She adds that she does not urge people to pour the enzymes into rivers to clean waterways – that was done initially just to create an activity and to promote public awareness.

Sincere in wanting to encourage green practices, she now expounds on only one aspect of garbage enzymes: “It makes good use of kitchen waste which would otherwise end up in landfills and generate methane, a potent greenhouse gas. It is something that housewives can do. And the enzyme also reduces our reliance on chemical cleaners, detergent and fertilisers.”

Ambiguities aside, the garbage enzyme movement has found quite a following and many attest to its efficacy. Still, until more tests are done on its contents and long-term effects, it might be wise to use it judiciously.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	enzyme.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	7741   Click image for larger version

Name:	f_p8fruitEnzyme.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	7742   Click image for larger version

Name:	garbage.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	7743   Click image for larger version

Name:	f_p8Joean.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	7744  
Old 11-06-2009, 03:59 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Talking Expand my teddy bear bisnes, tambah enzim sampah ...

June, aku nak expand aku punyer mata pencarian $$ utk tabung anak bulus aku ... tambah bisness jualan enzim sampah lak ... khas utk pembela anak bulus .... tambah gelaran backyard teddybear breeder dgn backyard enzim sampah manufacturer ...

Nak join shareholder tak? High yield, low modal, low risiko punyer bisnes nieeee ......
Old 11-08-2009, 05:35 PM
Animal Lover

Default Expand my teddy bear bisnes, tambah enzim sampah ...

hahahaahhaha!! klu aku join shareholder,kira jd one of the directorlah ye???

Tak tau nak jd apa dgn kucing2 kat rmh ni.makin hari makin menjadi perangai hari ini Oni & Daybonk buka pula fridge.durang cungkil pintu tu dari top fridge.haih!! klu yg lain nampak mesti nanti tiru durang.

Quote:
June, aku nak expand aku punyer mata pencarian $$ utk tabung anak bulus aku ... tambah bisness jualan enzim sampah lak ... khas utk pembela anak bulus .... tambah gelaran backyard teddybear breeder dgn backyard enzim sampah manufacturer ...

Nak join shareholder tak? High yield, low modal, low risiko punyer bisnes nieeee ......
Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookies4bulat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cookies4bulat
Default Re: Expand my teddy bear bisnes, tambah enzim sampah ...

Quote:
hahahaahhaha!! klu aku join shareholder,kira jd one of the directorlah ye???

Tak tau nak jd apa dgn kucing2 kat rmh ni.makin hari makin menjadi perangai hari ini Oni & Daybonk buka pula fridge.durang cungkil pintu tu dari top fridge.haih!! klu yg lain nampak mesti nanti tiru durang.
mereka nengok akak simpan ikan dlm tu..tuh yg nak curiks tu..
Old 11-09-2009, 12:44 PM
PetFinder Guru

Cam ne diorang boleh bukak pintu fridge, Kak June? Bukan ke ketat pintu tu...ishishish...dasyat betol anak2 kak June..
Old 11-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Animal Lover

akak pun tak pasti kuntum. tp durang ramai2 tu dok kat fridge.nampak 2 ekor ni yg dok korek pintu.akak mula2 tak kisahlah.bila pintu tu terbuka,terpekik akak.mau tak,abislah suma kuar angin sejuk dari fridge. durang ni makin hari makin menjadilah.akak takut satu hari nanti ntah apa lg yg durang blh buat.tak blh tinggalkan lg sendiri2 kat rmh

Quote:
Cam ne diorang boleh bukak pintu fridge, Kak June? Bukan ke ketat pintu tu...ishishish...dasyat betol anak2 kak June..
Old 11-09-2009, 12:53 PM
PetFinder Guru

rock is on a distinguished road

sepakat membawa berkat..
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Animal Lover

sepakat sama durang, bala utk akak

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock View Post
sepakat membawa berkat..
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 PM
PetFinder Guru

hatemetoday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
ala dondanggg sayangggggggg....3 bulan acik kena tunggu ....boli kek supemerket ajek lah jawab eh...june ko dah dpt mana nak grab minatang honeywell tu ko inform aku yeh...
Old 11-09-2009, 12:58 PM
PetFinder Guru

hatemetoday is on a distinguished road

Quote:
akak pun tak pasti kuntum. tp durang ramai2 tu dok kat fridge.nampak 2 ekor ni yg dok korek pintu.akak mula2 tak kisahlah.bila pintu tu terbuka,terpekik akak.mau tak,abislah suma kuar angin sejuk dari fridge. durang ni makin hari makin menjadilah.akak takut satu hari nanti ntah apa lg yg durang blh buat.tak blh tinggalkan lg sendiri2 kat rmh
ko kena ajar dorang lipat kain ka..mop umah ka..skang peti ais dah pandai kumpil ..mane tau esok2 ko balik umah tengok lauk dah siap hidang atas meja...

mati le mek june baling karung pasir...
Old 11-09-2009, 01:02 PM
Animal Lover

hahahahahha!! untunglah aku tak payah upah orang gaji.

aku gi jusco semalam cari minatang tu.tp takde.kena pusing carrefour ke,giant ke,tesco ke.karang aku habaq2 budak2 kat sini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemetoday View Post
ko kena ajar dorang lipat kain ka..mop umah ka..skang peti ais dah pandai kumpil ..mane tau esok2 ko balik umah tengok lauk dah siap hidang atas meja...

mati le mek june baling karung pasir...
Old 11-09-2009, 06:10 PM
PetFinder Guru

Zarul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemetoday View Post
wah..kalau kucing2 june leh buat semua tu...lwh masuk tv... pastu june berenti kerja. bukak sekolah mengajar kucing2 menjadi pembantu rumah..boleh la hamba antar anak2 bulus hamba sekali
Old 11-09-2009, 06:55 PM
PetFinder Guru

cookies4bulat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to cookies4bulat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarul View Post
wah..kalau kucing2 june leh buat semua tu...lwh masuk tv... pastu june berenti kerja. bukak sekolah mengajar kucing2 menjadi pembantu rumah..boleh la hamba antar anak2 bulus hamba sekali
nak join register gak!
Old 11-09-2009, 07:52 PM
-

simple is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Bukti yang sah & nyata tentang kehebatan Gamat Healin.