Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 11-27-2008, 08:43 AM
Celis's Avatar
Celis Celis is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 126
Rep Power: 13
Celis is on a distinguished road
Default Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Last week I were discussing abt effect of cat scratches on humans with my vet .....he told me abt Cat Scratch Disease...So I just google around to find more info on the disease....see below for more info...and hope it will b useful for all...Thanks...

Cat Scratch Disease (Bartonella henselae Infection)

What is cat scratch disease?

Cat scratch disease (CSD) is a bacterial disease caused by Bartonella henselae. Most people with CSD have been bitten or scratched by a cat and developed a mild infection at the point of injury. Lymph nodes, especially those around the head, neck, and upper limbs, become swollen. Additionally, a person with CSD may experience fever, headache, fatigue, and a poor appetite. Rare complications of B. henselae infection are bacillary angiomatosis and Parinaud's oculolandular syndrome.


Can my cat transmit Bartonella henselae to me?

Sometimes, yes, cats can spread B. henselae to people. Most people get CSD from cat bites and scratches. Kittens are more likely to be infected and to pass the bacterium to people. About 40% of cats carry B. henselae at some time in their lives. Cats that carry B. henselae do not show any signs of illness; therefore, you cannot tell which cats can spread the disease to you. People with immunocompromised conditions, such as those undergoing immunosuppressive treatments for cancer, organ transplant patients, and people with HIV/AIDS, are more likely than others to have complications of CSD. Although B. henselae has been found in fleas, so far there is no evidence that a bite from an infected flea can give you CSD.


How can I reduce my risk of getting cat scratch disease from my cat?

* Avoid "rough play" with cats, especially kittens. This includes any activity that may lead to cat scratches and bites.
* Wash cat bites and scratches immediately and thoroughly with running water and soap.
* Do not allow cats to lick open wounds that you may have.
* Control fleas.
* If you develop an infection (with pus and pronounced swelling) where you were scratched or bitten by a cat or develop symptoms, including fever, headache, swollen lymph nodes, and fatigue, contact your physician.

How can I find more information about cat scratch disease?


Cat-Scratch Disease in Children—Texas, September 2000–August 2001. Morbitity and Mortality Weekly Report.

Unraveling Mysteries Associated with Cat-Scratch Disease, Bacillary Angiomatosis, and Related Syndromes. Emerging Infectious Diseases Journal. January-March 1995, Volume 1, Number 1.

Epidemiologic Notes and Reports Encephalitis Associated with Cat Scratch Disease -- Broward and Palm Beach Counties, Florida, 1994 . Morbitity and Mortality Weekly Report. December 16, 1994 / 43(49);909,915-916.
__________________
Intelligence in the cat is underrated - Louis Wain

Last edited by Celis; 11-27-2008 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:17 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Buy a box of BD Alcohol Swabs with 100 individually foil wrapped swabs from the pharmacy.

I always keep a box handy to disinfect all wounds immediately however small.

Press out as much blood as you can to drain the wound outwards and apply the swabs.

Contains 70% Isopropyl Alcohol for optimum anti-bacterial action.

Make sure you have your tetanus jab, a booster at 1 month, another at 6 months and renewal jabs at every 5 years (less if you are a pet rescuer with higher risk).
Attached Images
 
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-27-2008, 10:40 AM
Celis's Avatar
Celis Celis is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 126
Rep Power: 13
Celis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Good info there furkids....as I think its been 2-3 years back since i got ATT...planning to get 1 soon too...thanks..
__________________
Intelligence in the cat is underrated - Louis Wain
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-27-2008, 11:39 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 16
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Thanks for the useful info, FK.
As for booster jabs, eh, how come the doc never told me when I had my tetanus jab a few years ago? He only said it will "expire" in 5 years, so if I'm bitten by a stray cat again in another 5 years, to come back for another jab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Buy a box of BD Alcohol Swabs with 100 individually foil wrapped swabs from the pharmacy.

I always keep a box handy to disinfect all wounds immediately however small.

Press out as much blood as you can to drain the wound outwards and apply the swabs.

Contains 70% Isopropyl Alcohol for optimum anti-bacterial action.

Make sure you have your tetanus jab, a booster at 1 month, another at 6 months and renewal jabs at every 5 years (less if you are a pet rescuer with higher risk).
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-28-2008, 09:51 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Thanks for the useful info, FK.
As for booster jabs, eh, how come the doc never told me when I had my tetanus jab a few years ago? He only said it will "expire" in 5 years, so if I'm bitten by a stray cat again in another 5 years, to come back for another jab.
Many doctors useless tak boleh harap (they are humans too ), never rely on them or trust them completely, just like I always say about vets too - never rely on the vets and caya macam tu ajer, always check them up, kena sondri educate sondri and know for yourself so that when an incompetent vet/doctor tells you different, you know he/she is incorrect.

When I had suffered bad bites and scratches during my attempts to capture my most challenged furkid for spaying dulu iaitu the pretty mama Caroline, the clinic doctor (not my regular one who closes at 5:30pm) I met kata tak payah jab pun, but I insisted. Bila saya tanya any further action/booster required, the useless doctor said no. He said the tetanus jab will protect me for 2 years (now I know he was talking rubbish!).

Luckily Caroline's bite wounds bled profusely dan I had pressed out a lot of blood which drained out the harmful bacteria because he didn't even give me any antibiotics then.

When a second cat bit me in an attempt to escape from the cage after being spayed (the poor normally tame girl was spooked by a barking Rotweiller chasing another screaming and running cat), I thought I had been safely protected by the previous jab which was taken less than a year ago, so I didn't go to the clinic.

My hand swelled up overnight and was extremely painful sampai nangis! I checked up on the internet on how to handle cat bites and I was furious with the previous incompetent doctor! I saw the angry red streaks described on the internet on my swollen hand showing clearing the infection entering my blood stream from the wound which could have killed me!

So this time I went to my regular doctor who gave me a course of antibiotics (cat bites need specific antibiotics to cover the wide myriad of bacteria in the cat's mouth). Because of my delay in going to the clinic (overnight instead of immediately) and the swell of my whole hand sampai the wrist (the bite was only on the tip of a finger) and had entered my blood stream, I needed a second course. Total medical bill came up to RM200 (not to mention the pain and suffering endured!) and more than 1 week MC.

My regular doctor also did not tell me that my previous tetanus jab was unsufficient. Several vets also didn't tell me that and they themselves also didn't know that to be really covered for tetanus, you need to complete 3 full jabs (1st jab and 2 boosters) the first time in order to get the level of immunity needed for effective protection.

Haha! It was an old, old lady doctor working on contract with the government who told me that when she found out that I rescue strays regularly and gave me the first jab (non-govt staff only need to pay RM1 to use govt clinic facilities!) and asked me to come back for 2 boosters, then every 5 years for renewal.

Macam biasa la I verify on the internet about what the doctor tells me and to my horror, I found out that she was so right and all the other doctors and vets had been so ignorant and incompetent! Why, I could have contacted lock-jaw and died!

To continue the story on incompetence, I went back to the govt clinic (paid RM1 again - hey, private clinic charge you RM20 for the same thing la, tunggu queue, tunggu juga ..) for the 1st booster 1 month later and the doctor (a different doctor this time - you know la, in govt clinic you cannot choose doctor wan, each time you see a different doctor!), asked me, "Why you want another jab? No need!"

I told her I handle cats a lot. She said no need. I naik marah and told her I want the booster and another at 6 months later! Dr. So-and-so told me that 3 complete jabs are required for effective protection and I checked up the internet and found she is right and you are wrong!

Meekly, she asked me, "Oh, you know Dr. So-and-so ahhh???"

"Yes", I tebalkan muka and tipu, "and a very good doctor she is too (not like you - ahem! this I tak kata depan dia la) !"

So, off she filled out the injection form and sent me to the injection room.

In February nanti, I will be going for my 2nd booster. Lepas tu, I will have my renewal jab after 5 years.

Guys, learn to go to the government clinic. You have paid your income tax kan, Get your jabs at RM1 per visit. But you still have to shove your weight around like in private clinics and instruct the incompetent guy wearing the white coat what to do ... tak per la, satu henggit skali ajerrrr .... private vet banyak $$$ terbang, kualiti tarak oso!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-28-2008, 10:03 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Additionally, for your information, the jabs, just like vaccinations, have to be administered before kena. Bukan dah kena, cepat-cepat pergi jab. Tak guna one. It takes time for immunisation level to be reached and baru la ada protection.

So, everyone, go for your jabs now. Complete the course for only RM3.

No, your arm will not be so painful, sikit ajer. It varies between individuals. Saya punya tak sakit sangat. Jangan takut, ya? Mcm gigitan nyamuk ajer ... tutup mata and ccuuuuuuuucuuuukkkkk!!!!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-28-2008, 02:24 PM
abgraldo abgraldo is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,931
Rep Power: 0
abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Additionally, for your information, the jabs, just like vaccinations, have to be administered before kena. Bukan dah kena, cepat-cepat pergi jab. Tak guna one. It takes time for immunisation level to be reached and baru la ada protection.

So, everyone, go for your jabs now. Complete the course for only RM3.

No, your arm will not be so painful, sikit ajer. It varies between individuals. Saya punya tak sakit sangat. Jangan takut, ya? Mcm gigitan nyamuk ajer ... tutup mata and ccuuuuuuuucuuuukkkkk!!!!
Alamak, dulu Pakcu kena gigit 2x ngan kilau sampai darah jari.. tu camana ek? Buta tul Pakcu nih... Time tu sapu minyak gamat jer Pls Advise..
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-28-2008, 03:45 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Alamak, dulu Pakcu kena gigit 2x ngan kilau sampai darah jari.. tu camana ek? Buta tul Pakcu nih... Time tu sapu minyak gamat jer Pls Advise..
Yang dah lalu tu over is over. Nasib baik tak kena jangkitan/complications, tapi the thing is you must not take risk with cat bites. They are more serious than dog bites because when a cat bites, gigi tu tikam masuk dan keluar balik, leaving inside the wound whatever assortment of bacteria found in the cat's saliva and teeth. The wound closes very fast, trapping the bacteria inside the wound.

Dog bites, on the other hand, are different because when the dog bites, it shakes and leaves an open wound, allowing bleeding and cleaning, and less bacteria is trapped inside the wound.

Pakcu, nasib baik there was no lockjaw bacteria present at the time, kalau tidak, huhhhh!!! and nasib baik tak kena painful inflammation or cellulitis.

Bites at or near joints are worse because the movement will draw and spread the bacteria in the wound, bringing it into your blood system and spreading. Kalau kena further away from joint and less movement area, the infection will be localised and less painful.

But since you deal with cats and will continue to long-term, I encourage Pakcu to get you 3 full jabs ASAP.

Actually gardeners also have to have the tetanus jabs because tetanus bacteria is found in the soil. Or anyone who risk having accidents with rusty nails and tools.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:13 PM
ketotmerah's Avatar
ketotmerah ketotmerah is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 12
ketotmerah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

oh! FK pun dah ada expiren di injek doc pasal kucing ni yee..saya pun sama..sakit mcm semut gigit jer..

yg second time tu agak kritikal sikit..sebab saya baru lepas 1 minggu operation..pas tu kena gigit..serupa jatuh motor lukanya..

bila dah kena mcm2 baru ada kesedaran sivikkalau tak, mesti tak nak beringat nyer..huh! every year saya kena..dekat2 nak raya
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:20 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketotmerah View Post
oh! FK pun dah ada expiren di injek doc pasal kucing ni yee..saya pun sama..sakit mcm semut gigit jer..

yg second time tu agak kritikal sikit..sebab saya baru lepas 1 minggu operation..pas tu kena gigit..serupa jatuh motor lukanya..

bila dah kena mcm2 baru ada kesedaran sivikkalau tak, mesti tak nak beringat nyer..huh! every year saya kena..dekat2 nak raya
Injection tu itself tak sakit ... LEPAS tu yang sakit ... next day stengah orang tak leh angkat tangan pun, tapi badan saya punya reaction tak lah seteruk tu, sakit bengkak panas sikit ajerr ... tak lah ada nangis mcm budak kecik ...
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:31 PM
ketotmerah's Avatar
ketotmerah ketotmerah is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 12
ketotmerah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Injection tu itself tak sakit ... LEPAS tu yang sakit ... next day stengah orang tak leh angkat tangan pun, tapi badan saya punya reaction tak lah seteruk tu, sakit bengkak panas sikit ajerr ... tak lah ada nangis mcm budak kecik ...
saya dah kena tangan kiri, tangan kanan..tahun lepas kat kaki kiri..mc 2 minggusemua kerana kucing jantan..this year jer yg tak kena..dah completed 3 times injection..

rasanya kalau boleh tak nak kena lagi..teruk sgt2 time kena tutak boleh jalan, demam...dah jadi ala robot lagi
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:37 PM
ketotmerah's Avatar
ketotmerah ketotmerah is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 97
Rep Power: 12
ketotmerah is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

bila saya dah kena bite & scratch mcm tu..baru tahu betapa bahaya gigitan & cakaran kucing..terutama pd gigi, kuku & air liur..

3 kali kena..3 kali tu saya digelak kan org..bila pegi hospital (masuk emergency sebab time tu esok nak raya)nurse tu tanya..sakit apa? saya jawab kena gigit kucing..dia gelak kat saya..meh sini saya nak tgk tempat gigit kucing..bila saya tunjuk..terdiam dia..dia cakap..ni kena gigit kucing ke atau awak jatuh motor ni?saya cakap kena gigit & cakar kucing..nurse tu cakap ni bukan kucing ni..dah boleh jadi rimau
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 11-28-2008, 04:51 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketotmerah View Post
saya dah kena tangan kiri, tangan kanan..tahun lepas kat kaki kiri..mc 2 minggusemua kerana kucing jantan..this year jer yg tak kena..dah completed 3 times injection..

rasanya kalau boleh tak nak kena lagi..teruk sgt2 time kena tutak boleh jalan, demam...dah jadi ala robot lagi
Tetanus jab tu is a different issue ... tapi everytime kita kena gigit kucing elok to take a course of specific antibiotics types which covers the wide spectrum of bacteria found in cat bites, bukan simply any antibiotics type. This is to prevent the very painful infection and prevent blood toxicity which can cause death!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11-28-2008, 11:51 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 16
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Yup, the tetanus shot not painful, but the day after, wa lau, the arm is so painful tak boleh angkat lorr.....

The doc did give me antibiotics plus antibiotic cream in addition to the tetanus shot. The bites were deep, even though the kitten was only about 2 months old. It took a while for the wounds to heal. I guess the kitten didn't know I was only trying to rescue it from the drain.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 11-29-2008, 12:17 PM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

hah!! Bro.aku punya big brother pernah kena jab pasal cat bite tp bukan pasal strays.dia punya house cat.abg aku tu ntah hapa dia punya otak senget pigi padlock kaki kucing tu.merontalah kucing tu dan gigit dia.dlm 10 minit mcm tu dah nampak merah2 terus my mum kata quick! go the clinic.wakakakakak!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Yang dah lalu tu over is over. Nasib baik tak kena jangkitan/complications, tapi the thing is you must not take risk with cat bites. They are more serious than dog bites because when a cat bites, gigi tu tikam masuk dan keluar balik, leaving inside the wound whatever assortment of bacteria found in the cat's saliva and teeth. The wound closes very fast, trapping the bacteria inside the wound.

Dog bites, on the other hand, are different because when the dog bites, it shakes and leaves an open wound, allowing bleeding and cleaning, and less bacteria is trapped inside the wound.

Pakcu, nasib baik there was no lockjaw bacteria present at the time, kalau tidak, huhhhh!!! and nasib baik tak kena painful inflammation or cellulitis.

Bites at or near joints are worse because the movement will draw and spread the bacteria in the wound, bringing it into your blood system and spreading. Kalau kena further away from joint and less movement area, the infection will be localised and less painful.

But since you deal with cats and will continue to long-term, I encourage Pakcu to get you 3 full jabs ASAP.

Actually gardeners also have to have the tetanus jabs because tetanus bacteria is found in the soil. Or anyone who risk having accidents with rusty nails and tools.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-01-2008, 10:21 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
hah!! Bro.aku punya big brother pernah kena jab pasal cat bite tp bukan pasal strays.dia punya house cat.abg aku tu ntah hapa dia punya otak senget pigi padlock kaki kucing tu.merontalah kucing tu dan gigit dia.dlm 10 minit mcm tu dah nampak merah2 terus my mum kata quick! go the clinic.wakakakakak!!
Padlock kaki kucing? Aku pun nak "sink my fangs into his fleshy part" ... bukan kat tangan atau kaki tapi kat buntot dia yang fleshy-meshy! My Kotak Monster ajar saya ... yum-yum!

June, gigitan kucing tak kira liar atau housecat (of course kalau liar lagi takut sebab entah aper penyakit yang terpendam) ... bahaya sebab when a cat bites, it sinks in the sharp teeth (mcm tikam) then release without tearing the flesh like a dog bite (dog bites and shakes, causing a tear which bleeds more). So the surface of the wound closes very quickly, trapping all the bacteria inside the wound and in the flesh.

Sebab tu la cat bites so often form abcess filled with pus. Very the sakit oiiiii!!! Sebab tu kita kena makan 1 course of antibiotic to halt the painful infection even before it can start. Kalau immediate treatment is not given, and the swelling started, addoooooiiii, very, very the sakit oooohhhhh!!! Kalau the infection enters the blood system, we can even die of blood poisoning! So, don't play-play with cat bites!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B47JRM13.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	2106   Click image for larger version

Name:	B47JRM15.jpg
Views:	806
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2107  
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 12-01-2008 at 11:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-01-2008, 11:15 AM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 14
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Hmmmm.... baru hari tu I kena scratch with Lulu, berdarah pulak tu ....
Hmmmm.....not sure if I can take tetanus jab.... hmmmmm...hmmmmm....
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-01-2008, 02:21 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 16
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

No, Bina, don't do it without consulting your doctors first. It may or may not interfere with your SLE drugs. So ask advise from doc first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillylupie View Post
Hmmmm.... baru hari tu I kena scratch with Lulu, berdarah pulak tu ....
Hmmmm.....not sure if I can take tetanus jab.... hmmmmm...hmmmmm....
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 PM
sillylupie's Avatar
sillylupie sillylupie is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seri Kembangan, Selangor (Yeah, we got free water!)
Posts: 1,019
Rep Power: 14
sillylupie is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
No, Bina, don't do it without consulting your doctors first. It may or may not interfere with your SLE drugs. So ask advise from doc first.
Must remember to ask Rheumy the next I see her/him ... need to ask abt hepatitis too....
__________________
sillylupie
http://sillylupie.blogspot.com

sillylupie-shop
http://sillylupie-shop.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 12-01-2008, 02:55 PM
BabyZee's Avatar
BabyZee BabyZee is offline
.:: Baby, I dig you! ::.
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia, World of Animal Lurve...
Posts: 1,868
Rep Power: 14
BabyZee is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BabyZee
Default Re: Cat Scratch Disease (CSD)

sebiji macam vampire kuceng...


__________________
" Bad things happen. Trust that good things happen, too.
Sometimes you’ve just got to close your eyes, hold on tight and believe. "
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Disease : Feline Leukemia Virus ashleywong Health, Disease & Diet 1 07-01-2009 11:27 AM
Fatty Liver Disease in Cats AKA Feline Hepatic Lipidosis ashleywong Health, Disease & Diet 2 10-24-2008 01:19 PM
Scratch THIS, PussyCat! ashleywong Cats & Kittens 0 10-14-2008 10:59 PM
Role of Diet in the Health of the Feline Intestinal Tract and in Inflammatory Bowel Disease ashleywong Health, Disease & Diet 0 10-03-2008 01:54 AM
Why Does My Cat Scratch and why the furnitures? ashleywong Training & Behavioral Issues 0 08-20-2008 03:27 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 04:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.