Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > PetFinder Lounge > Coffee Room

Coffee Room Gossip on the latest topics or just mingle around and enjoy the atmosphere!

Old 05-08-2008, 06:09 PM
PetFinder Buddy

mw_pon is on a distinguished road
Default Confused!!

hi guys just browsing through all the forums i lik to hang out and ther is lik every day at least one person asking for adoption but ther is sooo many dog available and they seem to be in those forum for months and still available to adopt....why arr.....ppl asking for pups...y pups? u definitely hav to spend more than adult dogs....sigh~ wat a sad thing.....did any of the members notice this scenario...i wan to adopt also cannot cos house too "big" hahaha cannot fit them all and is not my house...so cant help out much....
Old 05-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Default Re: Confused!!

hmm, i think it is natural for people to want to adopt or buy puppies/kittens instead of adult pets... a much stronger psychological bonding of nurturing the animal from small to big, and not to forget that animals always appear cutest and most appealing when they are young...

that said, i believe people should change their perception by perceiving dogs as adorable "kids" regardless of their age - their mental development is probably equivalent to a few-year-old kid, and regardless of whether they are "young" or "old" in doggy years, they are still the same innocent and naughty dogs to us humans and can shower us with equally great loyalty and affection.

feel free to check out the post below that I just made:

Article: Reasons to Adopt An Adult Dog
Old 05-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Animal Lover

Alice Lee is on a distinguished road

I adopted an adult Cocker Spaniel once, from PAWS, sometime after Boy Boy died. Named him Lucky. I had to spend almost 2 whole months nursing him back to health. He was badly infested with maggots. He was so obedient and intelligent. He was my only companion then; living alone, but sad to say that after a year with me, he died after being knocked by my ex-drunkard neighbour. My only regret was I didn't take any photo of him at all.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Lucky is really "lucky" to have you take care of him, although for just a short time. If only we can impose penalties and sentences on these irresponsible people who recklessly knock down animals... (i.e. tying him down to a railway track)
Old 05-10-2008, 03:37 AM
PetFinder Guru

veanne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to veanne

ya... he's really lucky to have you... although its only a short period... and i believe that this short period wouldn't be washed away easily... and it will always be a precious memories of your...

talking about dog and puppy... there is always misunderstanding... they wouldn't realise it unless they have experienced it... cause most of the ppl may have that kind of attitude where... the person thinks that puppy is the best, then that particular person wouldn't consider the opinion given by others... once they want it... they will make the decision... so, sometimes its really wasting time to actually talk to them... i have few friends are like that... but then after that, they just realise that dog sometimes have a greater advantage than the puppy...
Old 05-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Animal Lover

Alice Lee is on a distinguished road

Yes, I agree with you, Andy, on the penalties.

After that stupid man knocked Lucky (when Lucky was just at the edge of the secondary forest opposition my old house), Lucky dashed off into the secondary forest. That man didn't stop his car but drove straight home. Was I mad!! I saw the whole incident. I went up to him and demanded that he went to find my Lucky. He was hesitant at the beginning but after I threatened to make a report to the police and SPCA, he relented and went as told. When we finally found Lucky, Lucky was already motionless. After bringing him back, I buried him at a shady spot (Lucky loved to play there) just opposite my house.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:11 AM
PetFinder Buddy

i'm sooo sorry for ur lost with lucky....but is true he is lucky even for a short moment....
as i also adopt my boy...he doesnt hav any problem adjusting himself with da new enviroment...of cos u hav to spend time with them so they can get familiar with the new owner......with this adopting habit more and more dogs can be save ....
Old 05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Animal Lover

Amanda85 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Amanda85

but atleast they are still considering adoption instead of buying. whenever i have friend who expressed interest in adopting, first thing i will do is forward puppies picture to them, cause i know puppies can be hard to resist and they are never in short supply too.

for me successfully persuade someone to adopt a puppy is a 'bonus' to me. if they adopt an adult, then will be 'double bonus'. so far, i only seen them adopting adult pure breed, never adult mongrel.

i here shamelessly admit that i adopted 2 mongrel puppies b4 too.

Last edited by Amanda85; 05-15-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:43 PM
PetFinder Buddy

don worry amanda i saw how u treat ur mongrels so i know they are in good hand even u din adopt adult dog....u all should see how her pacco did those tricks very keng arr.....very obedient too so good work to amanda......
Old 05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Animal Lover

Amanda85 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Amanda85

thanks 4 d compliment...

i might consider adult in future, to test out my skill, c whether can i brainwash him. :LOL:
Old 05-19-2008, 01:38 AM
PetFinder Guru

veanne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to veanne

hmm... all my dogs are being rescued and adopt... only one being adopted is a puppy... others are all adult... adult dogs sometime doesn't need much training... haha... cause, some of the dogs are already trained by the previous owner... so easier for the training session... just the behaviour problem to adjust a bit...