Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Reviews, Notices & Stories > Hall of Shame

Hall of Shame There are lots of cruel and inconsiderate people out there. Expose their cruel deeds to the world and let them be shamed!

Old 02-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

I am really interested to know where the SPCA funds go. They were not there at the protest and they have been keeping a low profile these days (unless someone can tell me of their recent events [besides charity drives or sales]). FYI, they have an office in that pound and provide neutering services for a fee.

I think the Mayor of KL suppose to get back to the reporters within 2 weeks or so... Hope he doesn't disappear suddenly...

On that Saturday, they managed to saved 7 puppies and 4 dogs from DBKL. The DBKL officers didn't want to entertain them when the protesters want to adopt the puppies and dogs. It took some time before they allowed 2 people to go inside to take the puppies and dogs.
Any one interested to adopt or sponsor?
Old 02-11-2009, 06:09 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

KL Mayor & SPCA will appear on TV 3 program 360 at 9pm tonite
Old 02-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Animal Rescuer

t.ruth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
You are right, Jeffrey. The YouTube was edit some image became black and white, some have red, it out of view already. That is important part to view. This is documentary story, should clean and clear background.
wonder who would go through all the trouble just to get it edited and for what purpose. if it was really edited, why now and not before? what does the person hope to achieve? i don't believe that it was doctored.
Old 02-11-2009, 06:41 PM
User Account Terminated

Jeffrey Read is an unknown quantity at this point

Damn I hate this software. Everytime there is an ispiration and typing it down to hitting the send button, the next screen appears, you've been logged off! Aarrgghhh

t.ruth
Well the world is filled with weird & funny people with unimaginable desires.

I am in the process of building my green dream home and do you know the kind of ridiculous things that I have to go through. In all honesty, I really do not think they really know how to build a green house with a lower carbon foot print and there its published in all its glory the Green Building Index. Now I still have to build something which costs me more energy to maintain! Ignorant or weird or what ever you call it, it is still the same for me, the world is filled with weird people.

Take for example 360, what was the real intention in airing animal cruelty overseas? Was the producer going to do something overseas? Why not cut to the chase and get to the point instead of beating or dancing around the bush like some tribes men? Lets focus on something within our capacity and really to do something concrete to resolve it. You see, I despise seeing the same old issues being repeated every single time. To me its either the problem identification part was completely off or the wrong strategies employed.

In YouTube, there was a lady in white who spoke in detail at the beginning but I never heard a thing! & I thought I lost my hearing! Wasn't that edited. Then again, perhaps everyone is entitled to their own opinion irregardless whether it made sense or otherwise.

Freedom of speech, now that's what they call it. You know, I have a nephew who practices freedom of speech too but to me his always gibberish. Freedom at a price, for which I am still paying for! Isn't that some kind of form or cruelty too?

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-11-2009 at 07:17 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:25 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

3:12 able see the clear people abuse those dog.

Malaysia MPKj Local Council Cruel Dog Catchers
Petfinder Forum rules

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
PetFinder Guru

Sashy is on a distinguished road

Mayor didn't say anything concrete in my opinion in tonights program. Just a lot of evasive action and then what the heck.. being kind to trees? Someone watched 'The Happening' I think
Old 02-11-2009, 09:48 PM
User Account Terminated

Well done. Great show and thank goodness its over.
Old 02-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Animal Lover

tanuki is on a distinguished road

We got to keep in mind that other pounds such as in Puchong, Subang Jaya, and etc. are not well kept and doesn't take care of the dogs either.

We need to find a way to go to the root of the problem and target the respective establishment. Hmmm...
Old 02-12-2009, 01:19 AM
PetFinder Buddy

Dongdong86 is on a distinguished road

it concerns with religion matters, how to target?
Old 02-12-2009, 01:42 AM
Animal Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
We got to keep in mind that other pounds such as in Puchong, Subang Jaya, and etc. are not well kept and doesn't take care of the dogs either.

i heard that the selayang pound is equally as bad, if not worse. they resort to starving the dogs until they die.

We need to find a way to go to the root of the problem and target the respective establishment. Hmmm...
well-said, but easier said than done. we're talking about some living thing that our govt is not interested in, we humans treat as something worse than dead and we're talking abt some humans who are the devil personified. organisations that are supposed to fight the cause of these animals are more interested in self-glory, so at the end of it, it is malaysia boleh - boleh .......... GTH
Old 02-12-2009, 02:27 AM
Animal Rescuer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanuki View Post
I am really interested to know where the SPCA funds go. They were not there at the protest and they have been keeping a low profile these days (unless someone can tell me of their recent events [besides charity drives or sales]). FYI, they have an office in that pound and provide neutering services for a fee.

of course spca weren't there at the protest. they are aiming for stray-free malaysia, aren't they? 2 organizations killing is faster than 1 except that they use different methods. one (spca) - more 'humane' by injection, the other (dbkl*) - more cowboy style by lassoing the poor animal and then breaking its neck. but we're on course to stray-free status. how not to be with 2 organizations complementing each other. kill, kill, kill - the faster they kill, the faster malaysia will achieve stray-free status (any iso for that). so, what can we say, at least malaysia can achieve something - yeah! malaysia boleh, boleh........GTH.

*where i'm from, businesses like to use names like 'de...beaute, de....fart, de....salon, etc.' (why? - maybe it's classier sounding and more frenchy). i think dbkl should follow the trend with something more fitting - how about 'DE BUTCHERY of KUALA LUMPUR'?

I think the Mayor of KL suppose to get back to the reporters within 2 weeks or so... Hope he doesn't disappear suddenly...

don't mind if he does but make sure it's from the face of the earth. was it the mayor or director of whatever who said that? it's very obvious from the video that the person was heeing and hawing - like a donkey - and trying to evade giving a direct answer (i like the lady who insisted that he answered 'yes' or 'no'. is she a lawyer? sure questioned like one). typical of one trying to think of something to say - something that will appease the listeners. anyhow, whoever made that statement, if he disappears will be perfectly fine.

On that Saturday, they managed to saved 7 puppies and 4 dogs from DBKL. The DBKL officers didn't want to entertain them when the protesters want to adopt the puppies and dogs. It took some time before they allowed 2 people to go inside to take the puppies and dogs.
Any one interested to adopt or sponsor?
interested to sponsor but how? let me know.
Old 02-12-2009, 06:27 AM
User Account Terminated

I cannot think of a better name than naming the place where the animals were laid to rest in the fields other than Killing Fields of Kuala Lumpur as a memorial.

Well done to the producer of 360 for you have outdone yourself. I will never spent another minute on 360 ever. Even if I had nothing to do with 30 minutes, I will rather not be entertained by you.

I am afraid that the meeting set within 2 weeks will never materialize judging from how 360 was edited last night and how the Mayor played "tai-chi" with the questions posed.

After much thought, the show 360 should be banned and the producer detained under ISA indefinately for "inciting hatred" and "social unrest". Perhaps it shouldn't have been a peaceful gathering for the best, correct?

For the GUNG-HO lady, Evelyn right?, who said "...we demand an answer ... we are citizens of Malaysia.." at the protest, it's looking pretty &%$#@*. Learn law surely it will do you some good.

Unfortunately like all good things, everything must indeed come to an end. How I see it, its end is coming faster than I've expected and I am still hoping that I've got this terribly wrong. Otherwise, posting here would have been so much fun.

Off-topic
Didn't anyone realise, in yesterday prime news replays of the protesters in Perak, the part with the FRU hitting "someone or something" was edited and removed!! They must be scanning this forum, huh...

June
Thanks for the link to politics but I have to decline.

I had written on a couple of forums and was ostracized just for my questions. All I wanted was to seriously to "engage" a prominent "lawyer" in a debate whom many held in high regards. On the contrary, I did some "research" and learnt that even this "lawyer" couldn't differentiate between principle and principal and yet people actually praise him for his work! That bloody vexes me.

Someone here mentioned, "..politicians fear it..". In all honesty a great politician irregardless with or without moral, has the ability to make & let the people feel that the people are powerful but the real power lies in the politicians hands without the people even realizing it. And thats raw horse power.

Anyway, I am glad Karpal has come around on his views about Anwar. Wonder what took him so long to figure that 1 out!

Last edited by Jeffrey Read; 02-12-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Animal Lover

lovecat is on a distinguished road

patut akta haiwan dikaji semula , saman je mereka berpuluh ribu untuk seekor haiwan yang mereka bunuh begitu kejam dan hukuman penjara .
Sakit hati , sedih , marah bila melihat paparan 360 malam tadi , kita harus mendesak mereka berterusan sampai mereka dah tak tahan dengan desakan kita. Yang peliknya cakap mereka kadang-kadang tak masuk akal , eeeeeee...dah tak tahu nak cakap apa dah , zalim , haiwan-haiwan tak patut dibuat begitu , mereka bernyawa , mempunyai perasaan , haiwan ciptaan tuhan . Kenapa DBKL tutup pagar tu dengan zink????kata nak buat tindakan hmmmm...tengoklah 2-3bulan nanti mesti kes ni senyap balik.Mereka buang haiwan-haiwan mati begitu tapi mereka akan dapat padahnya . Jangan salahkan orang kalau masyarat disitu jatuh sakit , salahkan DBKL . Mereka adalah punca segalanya , kata nak jaga alam sekitar konon . Membunuh haiwan dalam islam adalah berdosa besar , tak kisah lah agama apa yang kita masuk , warna kulit , bangsa apa . Tapi mereka haiwan sama seperti kita mahu hidup dibumi ciptaan tuhan ni dengan aman ,harap ada yang sanggup membantu haiwan-haiwan itu. RM30 untuk seekor mereka dapat tangkap banyak itu , kalau dah seratus ekor dah brape?? Makan duit haram jer mereka ni,lepas itu bagi keluarga makan. Sesape dekat dalam petfinder nak ambil bela haiwan ni sila vote , kita carikan mereka rumah baru.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:47 AM
Animal Lover

lovecat is on a distinguished road

STUPID PUNYA DBKL DAN SEANGKATAN DENGANNYA
Old 02-12-2009, 11:43 AM
PetFinder Buddy

azris is on a distinguished road

No words can ever described my frustration over the way DBKL heartless folks mistreat the animals....my heart goes out to the poor dogs and cats whose lives ended up in the hands of merciless perpetrators. I wonder how could they have a heart to torture living beings without any sense of guilt or pity...Such a shame to have them in our community. It's so disheartening to have noted such problem does occur in our society. Hope the mayor will take further action although i am overwhelmed with doubt and curiosity...and that the NGOs will take more pro-active measures to fight for these animals rights...otherwise things will go down the drain...and the issue will be silenced without proper solution..

p/s or do we need to wait until a pet lover becomes a politician, appointed as a minister..only then the light of the tunnel will be shining through?

Last edited by azris; 02-12-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:22 PM
User Account Terminated

Collections & Disbursements
Ain't that funny, as quite a few had brought up issues regarding funds collected. I remember when I used to do volunteer work, there is a British guy who was in-charge of the upkeep of cemeteries and even he had the account published quarterly and placed on the notice board without even being asked.

I have seen accounts of public & private organizations but never NGO's nor governmental accounts elsewhere. Perhaps someone can shed more light on accounts of NGO in particular, lazy to do more research already. Maybe these organizations are exempted from publishing their accounts nor keeping accounts? You just might never know what you'll find next.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:28 PM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

DBKL also supplies healthy & alived dogs from pound to UPM 4 vet students (yr 2 & yr 3 students) 2 operate & udrgo all kind of experiments incld cancer drug test. Every alternate morning day, DBKL white van will ferry dogs 2 UPM 4 d cruel test.

DBKL also supplies healthy dogs 2 University Hospital , PJ 4 all kind of experiments
Old 02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Fast & Furry

CatMother is on a distinguished road

On behalf of a friend of ours, please visit this link: http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com

We all have the responsibilities to fight these barbarians and in whatever protocols or procedures it's gonna be, let's bring them to justice!

::the 3d clanz::
Everything happens for a reason
Old 02-13-2009, 05:46 PM
PetFinder Moderator

dog is my buddy has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMother View Post
On behalf of a friend of ours, please visit this link: http://malaysiandogsdeservebetter.blogspot.com

We all have the responsibilities to fight these barbarians and in whatever protocols or procedures it's gonna be, let's bring them to justice!
sound great! what do you need us for support? Money? Voice? All i have.

Sometimes,things in life are out of our control. We just need to accept the fact.
Rocky, Ricky and Rusty is my best friend.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:14 PM
Fast & Furry

CatMother is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: DBKL Animal Cruelty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog is my buddy View Post
sound great! what do you need us for support? Money? Voice? All i have.
To ease everyone's burden, I'd gladly paste in here what you can do to support. This extracted from the webpage itself:

Dear Peeps,

my human friends are concerned about some of the young dogs and puppies at the DBKL pound and want to remove them from there. However, Auntie Dr Kavitha and Auntie Dr Gowri's place is jam packed. So we are in desperate need of fosterers who would take these dogs in for a period of three weeks to a month pending our gigantic adoption drive set to be held early March. If you can't foster these dogs, you could sponsor their board at veterinary clinics. Auntie Tracy has started the ball rolling by pledging RM300 to support two puppies. We are also in dire need of funds to spay, neuter, vaccinate and deworm these dogs pending adoption. Some of these dogs are also in need of medical care.

So, please kind people - plesae help me help my brothers and sisters.

Those who want to donate could do so by -

Cheques in favour of:

Animal Health Center @ Ara,
c/o No 48, Jalan Jeriji U8/75C, Bukit Jelutong, 40150, Shah Alam, Selangor.

Or bank into:

Animal Health Center @ Ara,
Maybank Account: 512352602980

If you have banked in your contribution please call 019-3576477.For further details please call 019-3576477 as well.

Whine, whine,

Sharmini Popiko Sasha (SPS)

Please note that you may contact SPS directly. God bless!

Oh by the way, happy Valentine's Day everyone! Muaxxx

::the 3d clanz::
Everything happens for a reason