Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 01-23-2010, 07:03 PM
PetFinder Guru

Halim66 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: male cat on heat??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
There are about as much as a thousand cats been put to sleep or die a month in this country, tell me that this is what you call a balance in life & you don't see any problem with that? I believe this is not how god wanted his creation to be & this is no fault of God & definitely not what God wanted. I don't understand how ppl can shout God is great to this cruelty of his beautiful creation.

This is strictly human fault, the world can survive without human but the world cannot survive even with the most taken for granted thing like the tree & there are many living thing in this world that balance thing & our purpose here is to see to that balance, other then this I don't see how human contribute to the balance on earth.

Here we are trying hard to save & control the stray situation in this country & there we had ppl who think it is alright to allow them to breed & multiple with no control.
Dude, we came from different beliefs, races, background and so on. Most of the time all of this will make out our character.

We're talking on the same issue but with a different approach and for some reason, we're different in some other way.

Maine Coon didn't kill DSH for no reason, but human does......
Old 01-23-2010, 07:54 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Please let's not bring race or religion into this discussion. Halim, I don't think you and Coony are disagreeing because you are of different belief, race, religion, and so on. In truth, I don't think you're disagreeing at all!

Both of you love cats dearly, no matter whether they are strays or pedigreed. Neither of you would wish, however, for there to be MORE stray cats. It's a hard, hard life, yes? Always hungry, cars everywhere, disease, fights... I think most of us here on Petfinder would like to find good, loving homes for every stray, so they don't have to live and die such cruel lives.

When we beg people to spay and neuter, it's not because we don't love stray cats -- it's because we DO love them, and we want to prevent new generations of kittens from living homeless on the streets. Wouldn't it be better if there were enough homes for every kitten that is born?

I think you and Coony would agree, if people spayed and neutered their cats, there wouldn't be the amount of killing that you are talking about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim66 View Post
Dude, we came from different beliefs, races, background and so on. Most of the time all of this will make out our character.

We're talking on the same issue but with a different approach and for some reason, we're different in some other way.

Maine Coon didn't kill DSH for no reason, but human does......
Old 01-24-2010, 12:21 PM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy is on a distinguished road

Different ways? So what? As long as, same result
Old 01-24-2010, 07:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Please let's not bring race or religion into this discussion. Halim, I don't think you and Coony are disagreeing because you are of different belief, race, religion, and so on. In truth, I don't think you're disagreeing at all!

Both of you love cats dearly, no matter whether they are strays or pedigreed. Neither of you would wish, however, for there to be MORE stray cats. It's a hard, hard life, yes? Always hungry, cars everywhere, disease, fights... I think most of us here on Petfinder would like to find good, loving homes for every stray, so they don't have to live and die such cruel lives.

When we beg people to spay and neuter, it's not because we don't love stray cats -- it's because we DO love them, and we want to prevent new generations of kittens from living homeless on the streets. Wouldn't it be better if there were enough homes for every kitten that is born?

I think you and Coony would agree, if people spayed and neutered their cats, there wouldn't be the amount of killing that you are talking about!
Opsss, am i over step the border? I'm so sorry if i did but i can't find any lines from my replies promoting racism. If the word belief and race is not permitted in this forum, i apologize.

I believed this community works as a platform to educate more people about neutering/spaying. But how can we do it if we keep on criticizing input and feedback from others? and tried to shuts off views that can jeopardizing our mission?

Finally and sadly, i just have to repeat my mistake, again.....
As a muslim, neutering/spaying the strays is not an issue. But when it comes to owner's pet, then it's a different case.
There're some conditions that need to be clarify before we can proceed. I met a few owners out there who voice out their concerned. Sometimes, they found out that they're not in the condition to do so. See? not all of us can do exactly what the others can or agreed. All of us have a different level of limitation.

This is exactly what i'm trying to shared but it looks like someone thinks that i'm encouraging to breed strays!!!

Simply and blindly branded those owners who didn't neuter/spay their pets as an ignorant is not a brilliant idea.. because we're not that smart either to know everything.

There are things that we don't understand but we can't argue.

Coony & Neko, please don't get me wrong...
Old 01-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Animal Lover

Forrester is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Friend, I appoint myself as abang Halim Press Secretary
No, Madam Zass (I heard they proudly gave you this title, so much more glamorous than the forum moderator title definitely!), better for you to be DBKL's Pengarah Jabatan Kesihatan - the department that gave you the summons for the poor cats and who want to capture and kill the innocent stray cats that you and your friends have been caring for and feeding around your apartment area and the very department in the city council that your mean, got-no-heart cat-unloving neighbour sent her complaints to saying that the stray cats are a nuisance so please send in the cruel catchers to catch and destroy/kill all of them! (hear this good, Y. Bhg. Datuk Bandar to-be Datuk (also-to-be-one-fine-day) Halim ... N-U-I-S-A-N-C-E!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suhaimy View Post
Bro, i can be your bodyguard . Tepi2, Dato' Halim nak lalu
Suhaimy, you make sure all the dog and cat catchers bring in all the strays to neuter and then release, not to kill, ya? Otherwise, your job is to get the staff to neuter every one of them (the dog and cat catchers, I mean)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
haha..funny la u all...no one wanna be my p.a??
Gabriel, I see all the prettiest of cat lovers all lining up vying to be your PA .... all you need to do is sit back and select one ... or maybe two or three .... by the way, man, are you married?

Last edited by Forrester; 01-25-2010 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Suhaimi and Gabriel joining in the fun ...
Old 01-25-2010, 02:44 PM

gabriel is on a distinguished road

haha..forrester..lol..really??i didnt received any application ..anyway im still single..r u??
Old 01-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

I have a different concept;i dont want to breed them to be a stray cat~
but i want to have my cats heir~and take a good care of them~
~Yes i will spayed my cat but not now...

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road

Quote:
haha..forrester..lol..really??i didnt received any application ..anyway im still single..r u??
Errr... dating site huh?

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/
Old 01-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Shhhhhh!!! My wife may be listening in, so I have to say, "Yes" and behave ....

No applications yet? Be patient, my friend, they will ... as soon as our new Datuk Bandar Halim gets sworn in ... with you and Suhaimi in tow ... and yes, Madam Zass too, as the new Pengarah Jabatan Kesihatan (Dogs, Cats, Goat, Cows and Pigeons Catching Unit ... yes, I saw them bring in goats and pigeons too at the Pusat Kurungan in Setapak). Never mind, Madam Zass will change all that ....

Last edited by Forrester; 01-25-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:40 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default male cat on heat??

ADOI!!! ini Forrester dah pergi kesana pula

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrester View Post
Shhhhhh!!! My wife may be listening in, so I have to say, "Yes" and behave ....

No applications yet? Be patient, my friend, they will ... as soon as our new Datuk Bandar Halim gets sworn in ... with you and Suhaimi in tow ... and yes, Madam Zass too, as the new Pengarah Jabatan Kesihatan (Dogs, Cats, Goat, Cows and Pigeons Catching Unit ... yes, I saw them bring in goats and pigeons too at the Pusat Kurungan in Setapak). Never mind, Madam Zass will change all that ....
Old 01-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
ADOI!!! ini Forrester dah pergi kesana pula
Sorry, what? OK, wait, I'll use the Google translator ....

.... oh yes, they do catch goats and pigeons too, I saw the catchers bring in using the van/lorry ... the pigeons in flat plastic cages, and I saw the goats in the pens. You mean you guys never saw them there?
Old 01-25-2010, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Guru

Zarul is on a distinguished road

mengapa ye setiap kali adanya perbincangan mesti menjadi pertikaman lidah???
Old 01-25-2010, 04:28 PM

gabriel is on a distinguished road

where got tikam lidah??never saw one..i've heard from my closest fwenz that such animals like birds oso brought there to have their live taken..wonder is that the best way to settle things of?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:17 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hi, Halim -- now it's my turn to apologise! I never meant to suggest you were being racist. You only suggested that perhaps you and Coony were disagreeing because you are of different races/religions, and I wanted to say that you seem to agree on more things than you disagree!

And you are also right when you say that we work best when we try to educate rather than scold. I think some of us just sound grumpy because we say the same thing over and over, and in Coony's case, he's dealing with a constant stream of strays getting dumped at his shop.

I really appreciated your post about how much you love the strays you've adopted, (as I love mine, too!) That's the other side of the coin -- promoting strays as lovable creatures. I know people love their pedigreed and DLH cats, but it would be so wonderful if they could open their hearts and homes to their short-furred cousins.

BTW, off-topic for a moment -- I hope your kitten with the hernia (Rain?) is doing better now. He's so lucky to have found you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halim66 View Post
Opsss, am i over step the border? I'm so sorry if i did but i can't find any lines from my replies promoting racism. If the word belief and race is not permitted in this forum, i apologize.

I believed this community works as a platform to educate more people about neutering/spaying. But how can we do it if we keep on criticizing input and feedback from others? and tried to shuts off views that can jeopardizing our mission?

Finally and sadly, i just have to repeat my mistake, again.....
As a muslim, neutering/spaying the strays is not an issue. But when it comes to owner's pet, then it's a different case.
There're some conditions that need to be clarify before we can proceed. I met a few owners out there who voice out their concerned. Sometimes, they found out that they're not in the condition to do so. See? not all of us can do exactly what the others can or agreed. All of us have a different level of limitation.

This is exactly what i'm trying to shared but it looks like someone thinks that i'm encouraging to breed strays!!!

Simply and blindly branded those owners who didn't neuter/spay their pets as an ignorant is not a brilliant idea.. because we're not that smart either to know everything.

There are things that we don't understand but we can't argue.

Coony & Neko, please don't get me wrong...
Old 01-25-2010, 05:20 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrester View Post
Sorry, what? OK, wait, I'll use the Google translator ....

.... oh yes, they do catch goats and pigeons too, I saw the catchers bring in using the van/lorry ... the pigeons in flat plastic cages, and I saw the goats in the pens. You mean you guys never saw them there?

Goats? pigeons? eemmm.......
Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post

I really appreciated your post about how much you love the strays you've adopted, (as I love mine, too!) That's the other side of the coin -- promoting strays as lovable creatures. I know people love their pedigreed and DLH cats, but it would be so wonderful if they could open their hearts and homes to their short-furred cousins.

BTW, off-topic for a moment -- I hope your kitten with the hernia (Rain?) is doing better now. He's so lucky to have found you.
You said it man...

Continued the off topic - of course i would like to have one, but having 1 DLH seems like having 7 DSH !! i just can't afford them. So, admiring others who owned one, gud enuf laaa. Btw, this "kampung" cats are rugged, less maintenance and smarter.. i think so.

Rain's hernia problem seems to be there.. it's not threatening...
Old 01-25-2010, 06:06 PM
PetFinder Guru

Zarul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
where got tikam lidah??never saw one..i've heard from my closest fwenz that such animals like birds oso brought there to have their live taken..wonder is that the best way to settle things of?
it happend because these people they dont think deeply when they decided to have a pet/pets....after few months then they realise that it is not an easy work to have pet/pets....
Old 01-26-2010, 08:07 AM
PetFinder Guru

Suhaimy is on a distinguished road

Takak ikang di Kuale Kemamang
petang2 wak kerpok gete
rama orang atah gere
maen dang 2, 3 papang
dok sedo sapa ke malang
Keda Payang jua budu, belacang
batik, tembage, macang2

Some distraction for you guys...
Old 01-26-2010, 08:48 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
petang2 wak kerpok gete
rama orang atah gere
maen dang 2, 3 papang
dok sedo sapa ke malang
batik, tembage, macang2

Hey, cool, man, you from Trengganu, land of Monsoon Cup and nasi dagang? Cool, man, cool. The pasar payang market has some very nice traditional batik cop which I like and cheap too. I had some very nice tasty nasi kerabu and laksam too ... very delicious! Nice beaches, snorkling, fishing and diving, beautiful fishes and corals! Nice friendly people!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:46 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
petang2 wak kerpok gete
rama orang atah gere
maen dang 2, 3 papang
dok sedo sapa ke malang
batik, tembage, macang2

weiiii weiiii weiiii ke laukkkkkkkkkkkkkk weiiiii!!!!!!!