Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 10-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Banned

abgraldo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Pakcu need help

Dear Friends,
Most of the time, Pakcu will be in Pahang, maybe 80% of the month and the rest 20% will be in KL. For the past one year, Pakcu've noticing something. Stray cats in KL are quite social and easily bribed by free food, unlike in Jerantut, strays are very difficult to approach and take days to be bribed by food. And in KL, strays will always come repeatedly for their free food while in Jerantut they seems to eat and forget to come the next day.
For the past one month, Pakcu has been feeding this beautiful mommy and her gorgeous litters but never once Pakcu get hold of all of them. Everyday, Pakcu will feed them, always in the afternoon, but they never come on that time but at night, but when Pakcu want to get near them at night, they run away and most of the time never come back to eat. It's still there tommorrow afternoon..

So, please help Pakcu - guides on how to tame this type of strays, how to get their trust and how-how-how... Pakcu really like to spay the mother and neuter the litter when they gets old.. so ur help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Pakcu need help

Pakcu,I have give this tips to Lynielime this trick but dunno works on your strays or not.cuba dulu baru tau.Pakcu amik carrier,letak makanan kat dlm dan ikat string halus warna putih.letak kat sudut,bila durang masuk terus tarik tali dan cepat2 kunci pintu carrier.saya pernah cuba dan berjaya,lynielime dah cuba dan berjaya.tp perlukan masa dan kena bertunggu tanggalah klu pakcu sanggup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abgraldo View Post
Dear Friends,
Most of the time, Pakcu will be in Pahang, maybe 80% of the month and the rest 20% will be in KL. For the past one year, Pakcu've noticing something. Stray cats in KL are quite social and easily bribed by free food, unlike in Jerantut, strays are very difficult to approach and take days to be bribed by food. And in KL, strays will always come repeatedly for their free food while in Jerantut they seems to eat and forget to come the next day.
For the past one month, Pakcu has been feeding this beautiful mommy and her gorgeous litters but never once Pakcu get hold of all of them. Everyday, Pakcu will feed them, always in the afternoon, but they never come on that time but at night, but when Pakcu want to get near them at night, they run away and most of the time never come back to eat. It's still there tommorrow afternoon..

So, please help Pakcu - guides on how to tame this type of strays, how to get their trust and how-how-how... Pakcu really like to spay the mother and neuter the litter when they gets old.. so ur help will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Banned

ashleywong is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pakcu need help

yes, june, lynie said it worked, that was how she captured her mama cat and the 3 kittens..

i guess because the density of people in jerantut is less than KL, i guess the cats there are not that "used" to people's presence, especially if in the past, they have been chased by people before. therefore they'd have learn to be wary and distrustful of human beings. i don't blame them, me too distrust human beings sometimes.

aside from what june suggested, if pakcu wishes to gain their trust, what pakcu can do, in my humble opinion, is not be anxious to get hold of them (even though the clock is ticking). just put food out for them, and retreat to a safe distance to monitor that they do eat and not bullied by other cats. do it consistently like this and the mother cat will eventually learn to equate pakcu with 'safety" and "food". if she will eat when you're around, then at least you have gained her trust, and i guess you shortened the distance until they come to you - not you to them.

kalaua lah ada masa a- kalau tak de, i guess try june's approach but with a big enough carrier cage

just my two cents, good luck pakcu
Old 10-22-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

Thanks June and Ashley..
Pakcu will try both...wish me luck..hehe. Lupa lak nak tanya June, kalau la Pakcu dah dpt tgkp tu dlm carrier, lepas tu nak buat camana? Berapa lama kalau nak kurung? Rasanya Pakcu kena pakai glove kut.. takut dia gigit nanti
Old 10-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Animal Lover

Default Pakcu need help

Bergantung kpd keadaan.utk mempercepatkan proses,adalah lbh baik lklu tangkap durang waktu malam sebab kucing aktif di malam hari.klu dah tangkap simpan dulu dirumah.esoknya blh hantar ke vet utk di zasss!! pakcu ada cage tak??

Quote:
Thanks June and Ashley..
Pakcu will try both...wish me luck..hehe. Lupa lak nak tanya June, kalau la Pakcu dah dpt tgkp tu dlm carrier, lepas tu nak buat camana? Berapa lama kalau nak kurung? Rasanya Pakcu kena pakai glove kut.. takut dia gigit nanti
Old 10-22-2008, 03:08 PM
PetFinder Guru

hourus is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to hourus Send a message via Yahoo to hourus
Thumbs up Re: Pakcu need help

all the best pakcu !!!

zzzzzz.....woof woof
FurKid in the Car
Old 10-22-2008, 03:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Bergantung kpd keadaan.utk mempercepatkan proses,adalah lbh baik lklu tangkap durang waktu malam sebab kucing aktif di malam hari.klu dah tangkap simpan dulu dirumah.esoknya blh hantar ke vet utk di zasss!! pakcu ada cage tak??
Ok, pakcu ada cage si Kilau tu ler.. K, mlm esok Pakcu try.
Thanks hourus for the wish...
Old 10-22-2008, 03:47 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Pakcu, from my long experience dengan muka sepohsen super smart (some smarter and more feral than others), ada yang boleh trap dengan menggunakan carrier besar, ada yang tak boleh dan perlukan sangkar saiz yang digunakan dalam cat competition (yang dulu harganya RM20 sahaja, pastu naik RM40, sekarang jual RM70 ... adoiii!!!) the very feral and smart pregnant cat with dead kittens dalam perut tu saya terpaksa gunakan sangkar tu lah ... pastu ada yang macam Mama tomei saya yang super duper smart dan very de skolah one ... carrier tak mau dekat pun walaupun berbulan-bulan umpan dia, sangkar kucing tu pun dia tak moh ... in the end in desperation saya pasang perangkap musang baru dapat dia!
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Animal Lover

Ferreted is an unknown quantity at this point

pakcu.. i dont know much bout cats, but i can help by praying for you, may your good intentions will succeed and that pakcu will be blessed thousand times over. good luck pakcu!
Old 10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Pakcu, from my long experience dengan muka sepohsen super smart (some smarter and more feral than others), ada yang boleh trap dengan menggunakan carrier besar, ada yang tak boleh dan perlukan sangkar saiz yang digunakan dalam cat competition (yang dulu harganya RM20 sahaja, pastu naik RM40, sekarang jual RM70 ... adoiii!!!) the very feral and smart pregnant cat with dead kittens dalam perut tu saya terpaksa gunakan sangkar tu lah ... pastu ada yang macam Mama tomei saya yang super duper smart dan very de skolah one ... carrier tak mau dekat pun walaupun berbulan-bulan umpan dia, sangkar kucing tu pun dia tak moh ... in the end in desperation saya pasang perangkap musang baru dapat dia!
Tu ler.. Furkids, Pakcu nak dekat pun tak bole.. mencibut semua lari. Makanan pun tinggal mcm tu jer, sampai esok pun masih tak dtg lagi.. Oooh cages tu dah naik RM 70.00 ker.. mampus ler.. mcm ni. Musang trap tu mcm na lak rupanyer... i hope nothing happen to the trap cats.. Kalau ada pic musang trap tu pastekan k. Mana tau kat kampong sini ada.. leh try.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferreted View Post
pakcu.. i dont know much bout cats, but i can help by praying for you, may your good intentions will succeed and that pakcu will be blessed thousand times over. good luck pakcu!
Thanks chelly.. hopefully pakcu'll succeed..hehe
Old 10-22-2008, 04:01 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Ok, pakcu ada cage si Kilau tu ler.. K, mlm esok Pakcu try.
Thanks hourus for the wish...
Pakcu, practise beberapa kali dulu, kasi dia masuk dan keluar beberapa hari sampai dia confident baru tutup pintu. And you have to execute it calmly, smoothly but quickly sebab the cat will be very alert ... jangan Pakcu cuba dengan full of anxiety, muka dan badan penuh berpeluh dan tangan menggeletar, jari beku, ya? Sebab if you fail, it will set you back many weeks for the cat to regain trust of you dan dia akan 'sekolah' mcm ikan that got away, will stay weary of the umpan ...

Also, make sure you have a light piece of cloth ready to fully cover the carrier or cage becos the cat will instantly panic and thrash about trying to escape. The cloth will make the cat settle a bit through it will try to pull the cloth away through any opening!

Zen yourself kaw-kaw first, go through the whole process mentally to ensure success the first time you try. It may sometimes be your only one chance.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 10-22-2008, 04:07 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Tu ler.. Furkids, Pakcu nak dekat pun tak bole.. mencibut semua lari. Makanan pun tinggal mcm tu jer, sampai esok pun masih tak dtg lagi.. Oooh cages tu dah naik RM 70.00 ker.. mampus ler.. mcm ni. Musang trap tu mcm na lak rupanyer... i hope nothing happen to the trap cats.. Kalau ada pic musang trap tu pastekan k. Mana tau kat kampong sini ada.. leh try.
Tak leh dekat dan semua lari ya? In that case, you can forget about the carrier or cage sebab bila you tarik tali (the carrier and cage is very light) any slight vibration will cause the cat to dash out! That cat will skolah very fast, so will the other cats watching!

This type of scenario kena guna musang trap (it is heavy and long enough for the cat's tail to go far inside to eat the food placed at the extreme end becos you certainly do not want the heavy trap door to fall on si tomei's tail and injure it in any way!)

Musang traps banyak kat Sabah dan Sarawak, used by plantation ppl. Jabatan Penghilitan mesti ada perangkap tu, termasuk perangkap rimau dan gajah Pakcu cuba lah contact diorang dan pinjam ... kata yang musang cukup la, tak perlu yang rimau atau gajah ... too biiiiiiiiiig!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Pakcu, practise beberapa kali dulu, kasi dia masuk dan keluar beberapa hari sampai dia confident baru tutup pintu. And you have to execute it calmly, smoothly but quickly sebab the cat will be very alert ... jangan Pakcu cuba dengan full of anxiety, muka dan badan penuh berpeluh dan tangan menggeletar, jari beku, ya? Sebab if you fail, it will set you back many weeks for the cat to regain trust of you dan dia akan 'sekolah' mcm ikan that got away, will stay weary of the umpan ...

Also, make sure you have a light piece of cloth ready to fully cover the carrier or cage becos the cat will instantly panic and thrash about trying to escape. The cloth will make the cat settle a bit through it will try to pull the cloth away through any opening!

Zen yourself kaw-kaw first, go through the whole process mentally to ensure success the first time you try. It may sometimes be your only one chance.
Thanks Furkids for the encouragement and tips. Doa kan Pakcu k..hehe. Betul, Pakcu rasa kalau fail the 1st time, memang tak kan dapat lagi dah tu.. Ok, kain tu nak cover semua carrier tu ker, tak lemas? Harap2 Pakcu will not shivering, hands freeze or menggelabah bila nak trap tu.. hehe.
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Tak leh dekat dan semua lari ya? In that case, you can forget about the carrier or cage sebab bila you tarik tali (the carrier and cage is very light) any slight vibration will cause the cat to dash out! That cat will skolah very fast, so will the other cats watching!

This type of scenario kena guna musang trap (it is heavy and long enough for the cat's tail to go far inside to eat the food placed at the extreme end becos you certainly do not want the heavy trap door to fall on si tomei's tail and injure it in any way!)

Musang traps banyak kat Sabah dan Sarawak, used by plantation ppl. Jabatan Penghilitan mesti ada perangkap tu, termasuk perangkap rimau dan gajah Pakcu cuba lah contact diorang dan pinjam ... kata yang musang cukup la, tak perlu yang rimau atau gajah ... too biiiiiiiiiig!

Ler.. Pakcu kat Pahang ler..hehe. Takkan nak gi Sabah/Swak kut nak pinjam trap.. hehe .Ok, pakcu cuba tanya kat perhilitan sini kut2 bole pinjam... Thanks furkids..
Old 10-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Pakcu, unfortunately I do not have many pics of the trap ... the 4 attached shows my hensem Kotak Monster in it when I ran out of cages and had to put him in there temporarily. Not too uncomfy, but I had to balut the sharp hook and tie it securely so as not to offer any chances of accidents happening. I balut tebal-tebal the sharp point with dark green tape and used the red nylon rope to pull and tie it securely so that it cannot be lowered or move.

Kotak Monster lived in there after neutering with the low litter box filled with shredded newspaper and water bowl.

The last 3 pics show the heavy drop door.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B71Trap01.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	1516   Click image for larger version

Name:	B71Trap02.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	1517   Click image for larger version

Name:	B71Trap03.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	1518   Click image for larger version

Name:	B71Trap04.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	1519  
Old 10-22-2008, 04:37 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ler.. Pakcu kat Pahang ler..hehe. Takkan nak gi Sabah/Swak kut nak pinjam trap.. hehe .Ok, pakcu cuba tanya kat perhilitan sini kut2 bole pinjam... Thanks furkids..
Ler, Pahang tu sama la mcm Sabah/Sarawak ... banyak hutan dan ladang ... mesti ader perangkap punya ...
Old 10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Thanks Furkids for the encouragement and tips. Doa kan Pakcu k..hehe. Betul, Pakcu rasa kalau fail the 1st time, memang tak kan dapat lagi dah tu.. Ok, kain tu nak cover semua carrier tu ker, tak lemas? Harap2 Pakcu will not shivering, hands freeze or menggelabah bila nak trap tu.. hehe.
Alahai, Pakcu, light breatheable fabric la, supaya dia tak nampak luar, big enuf to block all vision dan tak leh intai so that the cat will calm down considerably ... mcm setengah orang taruh kucing in pillowcase (yg jinak la) bila bawa ke klinik to help the cat stay calm.

The cat must not jump around and thrash in the trap, nanti isi perut dia tertumpah kena hook tu walaupun dibalut tebal-tebal. Musang tu mati diorang tak kira ... tapi Pakcu I am sure hendakkan sitomei tu hidup dan tak cedera kan? Kekekekeeekeeee!!!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Animal Lover

Default Pakcu need help

Aiseymen,pakcu.dulu saya ada trap yg mcm si FK cakap.ada org kat sini pasang perangkap nak bunuh kucing smp lemas.saya simpan adalah dlm 2 minggu sbg bahan bukti dan nak tangkap pesalahnya.pesalahnya dah caught in action so saya buang trap tu.huhuhuhu!!! rugi,rugi,rugi.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:13 PM
PetFinder Guru

nik_tropicana is on a distinguished road

cuba pakcu bagi kucen nie makanan yang sedap2...dlu kat blok saya ade stray cat..ibu n 3 ekor anak dier...jiran2 geram sebab ade sekor anak kucen tu bulu panjang n suma kitten nie susah nak tangkap..jumpa orang terus masuk dalam longkang or bwh keta..makanan kucen yang lebih2 cam IAMS (BELL xske mkn IAMS so sedekah kat stray cat yang pek 3 kilo lbey), BW n RC kitten bagi kat dieorg..terus jinak ngan saya...kadang2 dengar bunyi bekas makanan pun dier da tunggu anak beranak kat tangga...tapi cara nie makan masa gak la...seminggu or 2 minggu bru ok..xpe..insyaallah ramai lagi forumer lain akan tolong pakcu bagi tips2 jinakkan kucen..