Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Health, Disease & Diet

Health, Disease & Diet Find out the best tips and practices on managing your cat's diet, health care, and issues with diseases from our community of animal lovers

Old 05-23-2010, 09:11 PM
PetFinder Guru

Simon is on a distinguished road
Default Kitty's crumble kitty litter...

Does anyone use this kitty litter for their pet?

http://www.kittyscrumble.com/

How does it compare to clumping clay litter?
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Kitty's crumble kitty litter...

Hi, Simon --

I've been using Snappy Tom's silica litter for some time. Why? One bag lasts a month (for one cat), and it's flushable. I like that it's clear in color -- if my cat has any urinary bleeding, I see it immediately. Also, it's light-weight, which is a good thing for someone without a car who needs to carry litter a long way from shop to home. :-)

I am, however, always interested in other options. Have you seen this Kitty's Crumble for sale in the KL area? Where? What do you like about it?

Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
Does anyone use this kitty litter for their pet?

http://www.kittyscrumble.com/

How does it compare to clumping clay litter?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hi, Simon --

I've been using Snappy Tom's silica litter for some time. Why? One bag lasts a month (for one cat), and it's flushable. I like that it's clear in color -- if my cat has any urinary bleeding, I see it immediately. Also, it's light-weight, which is a good thing for someone without a car who needs to carry litter a long way from shop to home. :-)

I am, however, always interested in other options. Have you seen this Kitty's Crumble for sale in the KL area? Where? What do you like about it?

Thank you!
I saw Snappy Tom's silica litter at one of the supermarket near here today. yes, it's all those you listed down, but have you tried to look at the bottom of the packaging?..It's full of silica's dust which is bad for you and bad for your cats also. You might want to consider something more organic tho..

nway, interested to know about this kitty's crumble also.. but yet to find it till now.. As organic products are not that many here..

I saw the picture of their products.. breeder choice cat litter should be the most used in malaysia ( kl specifically) and it is one from their product range. (^^)
Old 05-23-2010, 11:46 PM
PetFinder Guru

Simon is on a distinguished road

Hi Maneki Neko,

I first saw Kitty Crumble in Pets more a few weeks ago, they are giving away a free bag with purchases of IIyams kitty biscuits I saw Kitty Crumble again today, but in Pet Lovers Centre. The website video makes it look quite good, but just wondered if anyone is using it and how easy it is to use (looks like it could be quite messy), and how long a bag would last, and if it really keeps the odours down (it doesn't clump so the urine spoils stay in the tray? ).

I guess I might have to try it out and see...

I tried pure Silica a while ago, because it looked very easy to manage but my kitties decided that they didn't want to use it so they demanded I move them back to clumping clay which for the moment seems to be the best option for me
Old 05-23-2010, 11:47 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

I have seen it on sale at Petsmore, Tropicana.

I remember more than a year ago the manufacturer was doing a survey on this product and they asked a friend of mine to test it on her cats.

She liked that it was organic, the only problem - None of her cats would use it at all, preferring instead to poop outside of the box

I do not dare test the product without having first heard any success stories. Anybody here has any personal experience with this product? Do let us know
Old 03-11-2011, 03:51 AM
PetFinder Guru

Marcelleve is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve

My friends did in US and i got one friend who have 2 adult bengals and 3 adult maincoons , she only used 9L every month+.
One friend got chihuahua been using it.
The other friend of mine switched to his old cat, he's been using it for 2 years and he used it as bedding for his hamsters as well.
I can't buy anywhere here in this island- no pet-shops at all. I normally go online.

They told me to find it here coz it doesn't cost a penny n worth to buy ever since it won award last year, it became famous.

http://www.nst.com.my/nst/articles/10tty/Article/

This commercial how to use it to fickle cats can be seen to avoid accidents like poo outside their box
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MUfn...ker=False&NR=1..

Oh yeah, my friends did say it can't be use instantly by kitties who are already used to clay or pellets or any hard materials on their paw. They will feel awkward at 1st and especially fickle cats who get used to in what they usually been using. There are steps to avoid these.

I just find out where to buy it online and will review it based on my kitties different personalities.
I got 1 BSH,Miwako, the most fickle cat I ever dealt with. She is very quiet cat but when she is stress, handful of furs will fall like a pingpong ball in one day.

Then I got Nefertiti who only complained cat litter in chirpy voice and running nervously right every after poo if she don't like it because there is dust on her fur or a dirt on her tail (WBC - she/ashanta end up eating it while Miwako will lick after pee & clumping clays make them stress a lot) and Nefertiti dont know how to cover using Celect. She holds her poo & pee if wood pellets and will spill everywhere.
She just turned 4 this month.
Miwako with Celect, playing it and carrying some to play with. Just imagine it....
Ashanta is more on good scent. Smelly cat litter means a big & non-stop meow in my bathroom which Tidy cats failed to do so.
She is quite only if she is happy.

They only accepts Tidy cats-Purina (non clumping) and Cat's Best OKO so far.
I currently using Tidy cats due to Ashanta's attitude over a smelly cat litter from big pee of Miwako and Nefertiti (big water drinker since vet can't find any problem), I have to buy 4 bags every week of 10l of Tidy cats.
I can't find Cat's Best OKO online. It is still the best.

I hope these kitties can give me their reviews so I can tell you more about Kitty's crumble after it arrives on my doorstep 'coz I just found out the link's seller of Kitty's crumble.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightMaiden View Post
I have seen it on sale at Petsmore, Tropicana.

I remember more than a year ago the manufacturer was doing a survey on this product and they asked a friend of mine to test it on her cats.

She liked that it was organic, the only problem - None of her cats would use it at all, preferring instead to poop outside of the box

I do not dare test the product without having first heard any success stories. Anybody here has any personal experience with this product? Do let us know

Last edited by Marcelleve; 03-11-2011 at 04:16 AM.
Old 03-11-2011, 11:45 AM
PetFinder Guru

Felix The Cat is on a distinguished road

Hi Marcellve,

Talking about cat litters, we are currently using Flushable woody. So far its the best cat litter that I have come across as it does not stink and more over its flushable and environmental friendly. Even after a few days of cats pooing and peeing, you can hardly smell the amonia smell unlike when you are using clay.

However, flushable woody has been discontinued and replace with another wood pellet with carbon. Was informed that this litter is mainly exported to Japan. With carbon in the pellet, it will absorb the urine smell and thus the litter will be odorless. However it is not clumping. Good side is that it does not turn into dust/powder when it is wet. Thus less dust.

I have yet to try it out and will do so soon. One big bag of 15 kg is RM60.00 per bag.

Felix The Cat - Dee wonderful wonderful cat!
http://felixthecats.weebly.com
http://livinginmyworld-phyllis.blogspot.com/
Old 03-11-2011, 11:15 PM
PetFinder Buddy

miaomiao is on a distinguished road

i got a bag of kittys crumble when i bought a 15kg bag of iams. i used about 3/4 of the bag then i stopped. i didn't like it. it was natural all right, very environmentally friendly. but it didn't clump at all, not very absorbent, and it didn't stop the urine smell.

that was the first and the last time i used kittys crumble. maybe i'm just too used with clay type
Old 04-20-2011, 01:29 AM
PetFinder Guru

Send a message via AIM to Marcelleve Send a message via Yahoo to Marcelleve Send a message via Skype™ to Marcelleve
Smile Re: Kitty's crumble kitty litter...

Hi everyone,

I try to review as best as I can about Kitty's crumble.
My kitties' been using it....going to be 3 weeks now.
I just bought 2 bags again hehehe... but not for a long term basis. I'll explain why.

I have positive and negative comments directly from my 3 kitties . first (Ashanta,9 months; Nefertiti, 5 months and Miwako, 1 yr 6 months cat) with their different personalities,it may be helpful for everyone to know their reviews as I observed. Firstly, everyone should know, my kitties' drinking water is spiked with apple cider vinegar (no smelly or stinky poo/pee) and they are eating 2 meals a day (sometimes raw for their dinner) with dry kibbles of Orjien/Evo between their meal. They have lesser poo.

I opened the pack and it is quite clumpy in the sense that I have to, literally, crumble some of them on my hands before I spread it around.

Miwako/Nefertiti = did not cover her poo although both of them just kept scratching the cat litter in trying to cover it. They don't sniff their poo only the pee.
Nefertiti/Ashanta = complained before/after their poo They both do not like their paws getting moist or soiled 'looked like a dirt' maybe.
Ashanta = hated to step on anything that looks like a soil. Even I dropped Milo powder on the floor.
The only cat litter that is hard for her to use for 2 weeks even if it partially mixed with their old cat litter.
Myself = hard to scoop and look around for their poo. It all look the same color for me especially when Ashanta covered hers.
I had given them 3 cat litter pan and 1 hooded (their preference).
It is not advisable for indoor cats only. It will be hard to adapt for indoor fickle kitties.
If my kitty has a urine problem or any signs, I won't see any urine discoloration, It is very important.
It is moist so I always have to rubbed off Nefertiti and Ashanta's paws dry before I put a rag in front of their litter pan. They complained it a lot and kept shaking their paws off without leaving their litter pan.
There is no dust, so no coughing or sneezing. It doesn't stick to their paws and coat.
Less track, I am confident to say it is around 1% from the strand of the coconut fibers. It is less consuming if I sift the cat litter to find the poo.
I tried it with my fostered kitties currently, their pee/poo were stinky but they don't with Kitty crumble. It has an overwhelm of coconut scent.
I don't recognize which one is their pee or did any of all these kitties peed in it since the Kitty crumble is very moist by nature.
It is not for everyone and I don't recommend it for anyone whose cats have medical problems.
Overall :
8/10 Kitty crumble vs (minus points for darkish brown color, moist, not a friendly-user)
5/10 WBC vs (2 of my kitties are allergic and they just ate it after they peed)
9/10 Celect vs ( the pellets are hard and big for kittens)
2/10 Fuji brand (wood with clay; it doesn't function for its price)
4/10 Purina's Multiple cat non-clumping (my kitties like it but it is a clay and they sneeze afterwards, very costly for a cheap litter, I used 10 litters in every 3-5 days..it doesn't work for multiple cats - don't trust the label)
9.9/10 OKO Cat's best ( they all love it! It clumps, works well with busy pet owners, it is small, round and light brown, flushable and no dust even I sifted it but so hard for me to find available stock; good to use for long-term basis)
9.9/10 Pine litter (Pinnacle, my friend gave me a trial pack during her visit, I used it for 2 days and my cats love it! Feline Fresh is costly but the price is just fair for its quality; consuming Pine litter is still depends on the experience of the cat owner... once you get the hang of it, u'll do ur pocket & cats just fine)

Hope this info. helps .

Best Regards,
Eve
Old 07-31-2011, 03:09 AM
Animal Lover

redagger is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Kitty's crumble kitty litter...

Hi Eve, sorry to jump in like this.

Was wondering where you get your supply of Cat's Best OKO plus. There's a shop here (penang) that used to carry it but they're not anymore. Also, d price was rm48 for 10L? Is that d market price?

Thanks in advance. Have a nice day.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:57 PM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Redagger,

My pleasure to help....
My friend used to carry it for me from KL if one of my friends in Langkawi shops at mainland but catsndogs.my already carrying OKO so yay to our kitties!
You can check their website for more info...

About the RM 48/10 litter = Kitty's crumble (Pet Lover's Centre)

Hope this info helps.

Have a nice day too!

Best Regards,
Eve

QUOTE=redagger;97038]Hi Eve, sorry to jump in like this.

Was wondering where you get your supply of Cat's Best OKO plus. There's a shop here (penang) that used to carry it but they're not anymore. Also, d price was rm48 for 10L? Is that d market price?

Thanks in advance. Have a nice day. [/QUOTE]
Old 08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
Animal Lover

Hi Eve,

Thanks a lot. I ended calling pets wonderland to inquire & hopefully my friend in kl can pick some up for me soon.

I'm aware of catsndogs.my but at the moment they are only carrying 5L. Not much value for money considering shipping charges etc.

It sucks when there aren't many reliable pet shops close to us huh?

Thanks again & best regards.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:42 AM
PetFinder Guru

Hi Redagger,

Thankfully u have what u needed. Even my friends in Langkawi will pick up OKO for me if ever they drop by in KL.
I agree it is so hard to get stuffs for my kitties even how holistic we are (Braggs apple cider for one is very hard to get) but I have to reconsider some of the resources since there are no pet shops around here and less options to choose from.
Delivery charges went up as well which I don't mind getting for my kitties good kibbles for snacks, canned food and other supplements ...yeah it is hard. I get worried if they ran out of stock. I really depended on pet shop online.
I will check up on pets wonderland since OKO is lightweight compare to clay. I will be getting few from clay... I have to buy 20L per week from grocery compare to OKO which consume less than 2 weeks. It is cheap and healthy - clumps well and flush-able. Of course you knew that.

Best of luck!
My regards to you and to your fur kids!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redagger View Post
Hi Eve,

Thanks a lot. I ended calling pets wonderland to inquire & hopefully my friend in kl can pick some up for me soon.

I'm aware of catsndogs.my but at the moment they are only carrying 5L. Not much value for money considering shipping charges etc.

It sucks when there aren't many reliable pet shops close to us huh?

Thanks again & best regards.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:58 AM
Animal Lover

I have only 1 kitten; Kovu. Found him abandoned when he was barely 2 weeks old. He's almost 5 months old now. Have a few hamsters as well (i'm not trying to bring Tom & Jerry to life), but the hamsters have been here longer. & ... a guinea pig.

He's basically eating Royal Canin, I bought 1st choice once but thought the kibbles are a bit too large for kittens. hmm ...

How many feline friends do you have? And how old are they now? Were they well behaved when younger? I have plenty of scars courtesy of Kovu. Yikes.

I've purchased from petshack quite a few times. They're ok in my opinion, but have limited cat stuffs. They used to have free shipping for orders over certain amount, but no thanks to d shipping charges hike as you've mentioned, no such benefit now.

Nice talking to ya.