Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens

Cats & Kittens General information and discussions on taking care of your feline buddy

Old 03-30-2013, 09:24 AM
Animal Lover

shida musa is on a distinguished road
Default Trauma Mama Cat

Recently i had adopt a pregnant cat and named her Big Eye (BE) from spca sandakan.
I been informed BE being resque after some one throw her from an apartment. Impact from that incident her head 'senget' or malay called teleng... Pitty of her, till now she still very trauma. i didnt caged her, i let her free in the house and i observe she like to stay in small and dark area such as at the back of the door, in the drawer, behind the boxes. Luckily i wear her bell neck, if not it's queit and effort to find her. Last couple of day i saw her bit relax, she just lay down below the sofa and sometime if she saw me get to close to her she running away to her cage... I try to get her trust by giving wet food once a while, lay down together on the floor, rubbing her head and body, talking to her in front of her cage.... But everytime i try to hold her and put on my lap she running away and give me scratch as well as wounded finger or hand..... I dont know why.... Need some advise... By the way she just be with me for a week... Im not should how month is her pregnancy... Plan to bring her to vet soon... I think she just try to be protactive or else? The spca volunteer told me she brought her to the vet earlier to check her head so far vet said no major injured despite BE eye'teleng' head...need advise....
Old 03-31-2013, 04:29 PM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trauma Mama Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shida musa View Post
Recently i had adopt a pregnant cat and named her Big Eye (BE) from spca sandakan.
I been informed BE being resque after some one throw her from an apartment. Impact from that incident her head 'senget' or malay called teleng... Pitty of her, till now she still very trauma. i didnt caged her, i let her free in the house and i observe she like to stay in small and dark area such as at the back of the door, in the drawer, behind the boxes. Luckily i wear her bell neck, if not it's queit and effort to find her. Last couple of day i saw her bit relax, she just lay down below the sofa and sometime if she saw me get to close to her she running away to her cage... I try to get her trust by giving wet food once a while, lay down together on the floor, rubbing her head and body, talking to her in front of her cage.... But everytime i try to hold her and put on my lap she running away and give me scratch as well as wounded finger or hand..... I dont know why.... Need some advise... By the way she just be with me for a week... Im not should how month is her pregnancy... Plan to bring her to vet soon... I think she just try to be protactive or else? The spca volunteer told me she brought her to the vet earlier to check her head so far vet said no major injured despite BE eye'teleng' head...need advise....
Adult cat..u need to be extra patient. A week and counting is good..
i suggest to let her do whatever she wants and dont bother yet continue feeding.. in yime..she will go to u ,unforced as your hands are the one feeding her. So patience is virtue tho :)
Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 AM
Animal Police

Joey'A is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Trauma Mama Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shida musa View Post
But everytime i try to hold her and put on my lap she running away and give me scratch as well as wounded finger or hand..... I dont know why...
Some cat simply not mean to be a lap cat. I have a very calm lovely female cat and she always up for attention and affection BUT does not like to be held, and will tolerate it for about a minute before trying to get away any way she can.

I think it has something to do with each cat's individual personality just as in humans and i think you should trim your cat's nails too

http://tailstory.blogspot.com/