Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Dogs & Puppies

Dogs & Puppies General information and discussions on taking care of your canine buddy

Old 12-07-2010, 10:26 AM
Animal Lover

phikli is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone know where to buy dog food for cheaper price from distributor or breeders?

Hi everyone,

Am gonna get a big dog and wondering where you guys get your food for a cheaper price? Maybe from distributors or something? I am in PJ area.

Thanks
Old 12-10-2010, 05:49 AM
PetFinder Guru

acsyen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy dog food for cheaper price from distributor or breeders?

I don't think you will get to buy from distributors unless you are buying in bulk like at least 20 large packets a month which I don't think your 1 dog can consume. If you want to get a large dog you have to be prepared to spend more for food and also medical bills.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone know where to buy dog food for cheaper price from distributor or breeders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acsyen View Post
If you want to get a large dog you have to be prepared to spend more for food and also medical bills.
I agree with Yen here -- it's also especially important with large dogs to feed high quality food. You'll notice when you look at good brands of dog food that some varieties are specifically for large-breed dogs. These foods contain ingredients to keep larger dogs' bones and joints healthy.

Also, please remember that if you feed high quality food, your dog will eat less of it (and poo less of it) than if you feed cheap food. Why? He is getting more nutrition from the good food and so needs less of it.
Old 12-10-2010, 02:52 PM
Animal Lover

phikli is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Animal Lover

littlelit is on a distinguished road

I think you can ask around pet shops that sells dog food. Sometimes they carry big breeder's pack. Its good food but cost a bit less.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:27 AM
Animal Lover

CanieAnne is on a distinguished road

Yes, buy 15kg packet or 20kg or 25kg, it will be cheaper as in RM/kg.

Any1 knows where to buy Sportmix Lamb n Rice kibbles ? Most shops only selling Sportmix Chicken flavour (which is made by chicken by-product)
I intend to start feeding the 10 factory stray dogs (where I work) with kibbles. But I have limited budget so I'm looking for decent nutriens and reasonable priced kibbles particularly this brand n flavour as it has lamb meal as their 1st ingredient which is good. Or any other similar price/quality ?

Have been feeding them rice everyday but it is not healthy for them. 2 young dogs have gotten skin disease from an older dog. Costs me a lot of money n time to take care of them. Already 4 weeks but still getting worse :(

Vets have advised to feed them with kibbles so they get balanced or at least some nutriens.

Thanks.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:15 PM
Animal Lover

Furrenz.com is on a distinguished road

Which area are you from? The skin disease that you are talking about might just be sarcoptic mange and it is pretty cheap to treat provided you find the right vet. As for dog food supplies, try SS2, Seapark Pet supplies, same row as Poh Kong. They carry the brand and type you want and also many other brands that are of better quality as well.
Old 07-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Animal Lover

the one i know of is in Kepong...there is also one in USJ area, i can't remember the name but i can find out if you like...seems cheaper then most of the petshops in PJ and shopping centers...
Old 07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Animal Lover

QUOTE=Furrenz.com;96707]Which area are you from? The skin disease that you are talking about might just be sarcoptic mange and it is pretty cheap to treat provided you find the right vet. As for dog food supplies, try SS2, Seapark Pet supplies, same row as Poh Kong. They carry the brand and type you want and also many other brands that are of better quality as well.[/QUOTE]

I'm from Klang. Thanks for the info. I will check out Seapark Pet Supplies when I'm ard SS2 if there are similar quality with lower price . Better quality = more expensive. Anyway, last Sunday I managed to get Sportmix Lamb+Rice Kibbles from a petshop in Sunway. They helped me to order fr supplier coz they dont carry lamb flavour for this brand in their shop. This is for the other factory stray dogs.

The skin disease tat the 2 stray young dogs r having are Demodex and ringworms. I had spent ard RM200 to treat them n still no results
Then I surveyed online, now im trying fish oil supplements (almost 2 wks) n apply Neem oil on them (abt 1 wk). Itching has reduced a lot n seems like Neem oil is working. But both vets had advised to give them good kibbles so their immune system can improve, been feeding them with Blackwood lamb for 4 wks n it is the most expensive kibbles I can afford

Thanks again for the all the info

Last edited by CanieAnne; 07-11-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 07-11-2011, 04:52 PM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelit View Post
the one i know of is in Kepong...there is also one in USJ area, i can't remember the name but i can find out if you like...seems cheaper then most of the petshops in PJ and shopping centers...

Thanks for ur info. I will check out SS2 Seapark Pet Supplies first. Kepong is too far from Klang
Old 07-12-2011, 04:06 AM
Animal Lover

Furrenz.com is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanieAnne View Post
QUOTE=Furrenz.com;96707]Which area are you from? The skin disease that you are talking about might just be sarcoptic mange and it is pretty cheap to treat provided you find the right vet. As for dog food supplies, try SS2, Seapark Pet supplies, same row as Poh Kong. They carry the brand and type you want and also many other brands that are of better quality as well.

I'm from Klang. Thanks for the info. I will check out Seapark Pet Supplies when I'm ard SS2 if there are similar quality with lower price . Better quality = more expensive. Anyway, last Sunday I managed to get Sportmix Lamb+Rice Kibbles from a petshop in Sunway. They helped me to order fr supplier coz they dont carry lamb flavour for this brand in their shop. This is for the other factory stray dogs.

The skin disease tat the 2 stray young dogs r having are Demodex and ringworms. I had spent ard RM200 to treat them n still no results
Then I surveyed online, now im trying fish oil supplements (almost 2 wks) n apply Neem oil on them (abt 1 wk). Itching has reduced a lot n seems like Neem oil is working. But both vets had advised to give them good kibbles so their immune system can improve, been feeding them with Blackwood lamb for 4 wks n it is the most expensive kibbles I can afford

Thanks again for the all the info
You can also call them up at 03-78740682 to check with them on the availability. For ringworm it needs daily application to clear it. Pls make sure you wash your hands after applying the medication as they can be passed on the humans too.

For demodex, it can be cured but it takes a long time. Some dogs get it during puberty and it will go away after a while. Well the vets are right in the good nutrition part but I am not too sure if good kibbles will help or not. We believe in raw feeding and it has helped many demodex cases but I guess there is just so much one can do for the homeless dogs. Hope they recover soon.
Old 07-12-2011, 11:46 AM
Animal Lover

u r right. It is very limited what I can do for all the factory stray dogs at my workplace.

Thanks again for your advice, I hope they get well very soon
Old 07-12-2011, 10:42 PM
Animal Lover

There is a guy in SS2 that sell Blackwood, he's got breeder's pack and its cheaper then outside petshops...if you interested let me know i give you his contact number... :o)
Old 09-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Animal Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelit View Post
There is a guy in SS2 that sell Blackwood, he's got breeder's pack and its cheaper then outside petshops...if you interested let me know i give you his contact number... :o)

littlelit,

What is the price he is selling for Lamb Blackwood 3000 ? Blackwood breeder's pack ? If almost the same with Sportmix Lamb, then better I buy Blackwood.

Thanks
Old 03-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Animal Lover

cerz is on a distinguished road

i buy sportmix lamb and rice as well for strays and rehoming dogs. 40lbs bag. if you want i can order for you. just PM me
Old 10-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Animal Lover

eelyn is on a distinguished road

Any breeder pack for natural balance ?

Also would like to find out if there is Natural Balance Alpha Trout, Salmon meal and whitefish formula biggest pack, 13 / 15kg available anywhere?

Tq.
Old 12-29-2012, 02:09 PM
Animal Lover

fabianedg is on a distinguished road

Hi, i have a dog food brand called VID. 20kg. My price is RM120.
I have 7 families using this brand for their dogs and the said 'its good" their poop doesnt smell, they are more active and the food is reasonable price. If you order from dealer the will ask you to pre order 10bags for cheaper price. Its for all breeds and overseas brand. They have chicken and beef. thank you...
Old 10-11-2015, 07:59 AM
Animal Lover

ayuazami is on a distinguished road

Hello there,

Did anyone know, where can I find premium dog food that cheap around Shah Alam? At least 10kg below and the price below MYR200.

I'm a Muslim, but, still, I love all animals. I feel pity for them, when everybody just like shush them, when they're close by us. I feel like want to give them at least a proper meal, even though I can't touch or hold them. I realize, dogs are not dangerous at all, they're kind and listen to us as well. But, people that living in a Muslim neighborhood, seems like didn't understand at all. Yes, we're feeling really insecure when dogs are around/nearby. But, nothing can help if we're living near the industrial zone.

Could anybody please help me? Even though I support SaveStrayCats, I even want to help Stray Dogs as well. If you can recommend to me the pet shop, I'll appreciate it very much.

Tq.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:16 PM
Animal Lover

daydream is on a distinguished road

Hi Ayu - Not able to help you with your questions as I don't stay around Shah Alam area but I would like to compliment your thought and gestures to save animals, irregardless of cat or dogs. Kudos to that!
Old 11-09-2015, 11:21 PM
Animal Lover

kahfish is on a distinguished road

Im selling nutri edge dog food breeder pack. 011-28288582
Please kindly whatapps or sms for more information. :) KL/Selangor able to free delivery for large amount
Click the link below to check for price:

http://forums.petfinder.my/showthread.php?t=8279

Last edited by kahfish; 11-09-2015 at 11:27 PM.