Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #141  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:13 PM
nivek's Avatar
nivek nivek is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 12
nivek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.ruth View Post
u think the present spca is that receptive to any proposals. plse be honest to yourself. u know how things are in spca, if u care to admit it. if there is glory and publicity, then maybe proposals are well-received.
Again approach them with a plan, not empty promises. None of my proposals have been rejected so far and do not judge the action of your local SPCA and categorize the same for all branches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
I quote:


For SPCA? FREE... Tax Redemption..... REMEMBER???????

nuff said... time to keep my big mouth shut...
Wrong! Go find out before shooting your mouth off.

And you still have not answered my question : How many people are you targetting to make aware this year? Third time asking.

Last edited by nivek; 03-20-2009 at 04:20 PM.
  #142  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:29 PM
pugsnmutts pugsnmutts is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 67
Rep Power: 13
pugsnmutts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

dear all,

the reason i created this thread is to highlight to readers what is happening in animals shelters, with the hope that:
1. lesser people would buy from pet shops
2. more people would adopt from animal shelters
3. lesser people would dump pets at shelters
4. more people would realise that shelters are not sanctuaries
5. more homeless animals find homes
6. more people would be more responsible to their pets
... my list of hopes goes on...

but my hope is never for mud-slinging, never for members to condemn certain individuals and organisations...

as cliche as this sounds, can we all agree to disagree on the different views abt spca, it's role, programme, etc?

let's all take a deep breath now.... breath in.............. breath out..... good... i hope u feel better already...
  #143  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:41 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Yes, pugsnmutts, and it is upon your very graphic description of the painful last journey of a poor doggie to its condemned death simply due to the fact that it was unadoptable that we are moved to counter offer that SPCA explore the solution of letting that poor doggie live by releasing it in some created managed stray colony after spaying/neutering and doing all the groundwork amongst the community people through its education programmes to change their anti-animal mindset to one accepting animals living together with us as castrated and managed strays the way other SPCAs are doing, giving the poor doggie a second chance of life. Not a vision of ZERO strays, but a managed population of strays living amongst the community, managed and monitored by colony caregivers.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
  #144  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:55 PM
pugsnmutts pugsnmutts is offline
PetFinder Buddy
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 67
Rep Power: 13
pugsnmutts is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

furkids, correction, the letter is not my description of any dog's life in an animal shelter, it is a forwarded email...

nivek is saying spca in his state is accepting his proposal to do better in controlling the strays population, n that is a great achievement... something is being done... action being taken... more animals getting help...

the fact is, NATO will get us nowhere... what is being achieved curently with all the negative views abt spca?
  #145  
Old 03-20-2009, 04:59 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

"... the fact is, NATO will get us nowhere... what is being achieved curently with all the negative views abt spca? ..."

Yes, NATO from SPCA is getting it nowhere, correct!

... and what is being achieved by the negative views about SPCA? That it be forced to change ... innovate or die like dinosaurs of old.
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
  #146  
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 PM
t.ruth's Avatar
t.ruth t.ruth is offline
Animal Rescuer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 12
t.ruth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
In what aspects do you not think that SPCA is helping prevent animal cruelty? Rescuing animals, neutering strays, educating people etc that they do are all part and parcel of the mission to give these animals a better life and relief them of their original suffering environment. In any case, it doesn't make sense to entirely define an organization solely by their acronym or name - look at their complete mission statement and goals instead.

Andy, DBKL animal cruelty happened in Setapak where Klinik Kembiri operates. The vans arrive in the compound next to the clinic. The howls of pain can be heard above the aircon in the room. Open the window of the clinic slightly and you will see the poor animals dragged with ropes around the neck along the rough gravel on the ground till the animals which are not on their feet walking bled profusely. Uninjured animals end up bleeding profusely, yelping in agony. They are dragged beside the clinic to the pound at the back. Resisting animals are given a very hard whack with blood oozing out of its mouth! This scenario has happened for continuously for years.

Andy, sitting inside that air conned room is a SPCA Manager who either says he is not aware of what is happening or on other occasions say that he doesn't blame those guys.
he also asked what can he do. klinik kembiri might be kicked out of dbkl compound if they make trouble.
  #147  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:04 PM
nivek's Avatar
nivek nivek is offline
PetFinder Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 128
Rep Power: 12
nivek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Yes, NATO from SPCA is getting it nowhere, correct!
And where did you obtain your facts to derive to this conclusion?
  #148  
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Ezer's Avatar
Ezer Ezer is offline
CEO, EzerNET
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 796
Rep Power: 10
Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

For some reason this thread / issue has ballooned out into a novelette. Took me a while to read thru every post.

First of all, I must give a hearty Congratulations to all those who are:
  • Volunteering their time at SPCA and other Organizations
  • Making a difference silently at their own neighbourhoods, such as the IPRs.
  • Giving constructive suggestions and volunteering to do something about things.

In life, I notice that you can really group people into 2 camps. Those who are positive and those who are negative. Now, don't get me wrong. People who give critical suggestions can also be very positive, only if they don't only complain, but they actually do something about things to make a difference. Then there are the very positive people, who see the good and the bad, but concentrate on the good and see how they can improve things and make things happens. And, then,... ya, and then, there are the the very negative ones; those that sit on a chair, see wrongs everywhere, complain, complain, complain, scold everyone, and then smoke a cigar (drink latte) and do nothing...

So, which camp do you belong to?

---------------

Now, my 50 cents on SPCA,....

Personally I think SPCA has done a lot of good... I agree with Andy and the rest who can see both the good and the bad of things...

Are there room for improvement for SPCA? Of course. Are there LOTS of rooms for improvement? SURELY... I think there are tons of things that SPCA can do and I have personally thought of several. And some of you have suggested some others.

But is SPCA better dead? Now, there I think I'll have to agree to disagree with some of you... I think SPCA is a net positive.

Let's take one example of the net good we can all see... Without working with SPCA, we would not have been able to get over 1000 pets adopted. Sure, SPCA doesn't do a very good job with their own website, and getting the word out to the general public about adopting animals. And Andy and I have seen that and instead of complaining, we worked with them to get their animals listed at Petfinder. We worked at getting the word out with the limited resources we have here. And today, SPCA is getting more animals adopted than before.

And those that volunteers at SPCA? Kudos, cause you have also made it better. Nivek, especially you.. I see you work hard at SPCA...

Remember, SPCA is what we can make it be.... If you break it down, it's run by a bunch of people. And you can be 'that bunch' of people too... Go volunteer. If you think you can improve it. I am sure they need volunteers who have ideas, can help organize awareness events in neighborhoods, etc. Instead of 'drinking latte' and complaining, do something...

-------------

On the third ITEM...

I have quite a bit of experience in forums and I can see that people tend to treat others poorly, i think perhaps because we don't see each other face to face. It makes it easier to hide behind the computer and attack another person for his views / opinions. And if we don't crack this, this forum, like many others I have seen will deteriorate into a 'hate fest'. I have seen a lot of Forums fail because of this. They become 'attack dogs', taking pleasure in just attacking everything and everyone.

For those of you who simply can't be nice, I suggest you take your arguments elsewhere. For those who can debate civilly, oh, please continue to do so... that's when we can all learn.

Oh, in case you don't understand what personal attacks is, it's when you say something bad about someone 'personally', like calling them names, or putting them down... You can debate an 'ISSUE' but please stop with the name callings and personal attacks....

Both Andy and I don't want this forum to turn nasty where only a few elites are preventing others from voicing their opinions...
  #149  
Old 03-20-2009, 09:32 PM
kimimaro84's Avatar
kimimaro84 kimimaro84 is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 42
Rep Power: 0
kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Yes Ezer i agree with u, this flaming makes u feel like wanna stuck the balls of ur feet into the mouth/face of those ppl rite?(like in Ongbak) And those who get flamed juz keeps replying

k hope everyone is happy now, u guys can be lawyers with the amount of facts u post and the way u argue are full of colors
  #150  
Old 03-20-2009, 11:13 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 16
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
For some reason this thread / issue has ballooned out into a novelette.
some of us here think it's a bad soap opera......(to the person i'm quoting & agreeing with......)
  #151  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Ezer's Avatar
Ezer Ezer is offline
CEO, EzerNET
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 796
Rep Power: 10
Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro84 View Post
Yes Ezer i agree with u, this flaming makes u feel like wanna stuck the balls of ur feet into the mouth/face of those ppl rite?(like in Ongbak) And those who get flamed juz keeps replying
Speaking of Ong Bak... I wanted to see it but missed... too busy.. hehe... heard it was awesome! (I mean ong bak 2). Gotta get the dvd now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
some of us here think it's a bad soap opera......(to the person i'm quoting & agreeing with......)
More like a Courtroom Triller?
  #152  
Old 03-21-2009, 12:50 PM
blackie007's Avatar
blackie007 blackie007 is offline
Petfinder Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: KL
Posts: 3,418
Rep Power: 16
blackie007 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

more like the old beverly hills 90210.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezer View Post
More like a Courtroom Triller?
  #153  
Old 03-23-2009, 06:26 AM
t.ruth's Avatar
t.ruth t.ruth is offline
Animal Rescuer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 12
t.ruth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Some interesting bedtime reading materials which I came across in my email.

Voice for the animals
Malay Mail March 16, 2009 Mon
GOOD news for all animal lovers. The Selangor State government has started taking steps to stop animal cruelty at local councils.

For many years, animal lovers and NGOs, such as Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA), have been calling for tighter guidelines and regulations to prevent local council contractors employed to catch dogs from abusing their powers.

Subang Jaya State assemblyman Hannah Yeoh, accompanied by SPCA chairman Christine Chin, made the well received announcement at her service centre in SS14, Subang Jaya yesterday.

“I have informed the State Assembly about what’s going on and the response was good.

State Executive Councillor for Local Government, Study and Research Committee Ronnie Liu assured me he would take necessary action to stop animal cruelty,” said Yeoh.

“For starters, Liu said a contractor employed to catch stray dogs by one particular local council cannot be employed by other councils.

Prior to this, one company will be hired by several local councils. This led to contractors to ‘reuse’ dogs that are captured,” she added.

“Secondly, Liu is open to the idea of having someone from SPCA to sit on the council committee in charge of animal control.”

It has been alleged that some contractors have been charging several local councils for dogs caught in one area.

“In one case, the council overpaid the contractors RM70,000. After investigations, it was learnt that the dogs were not caught in their area,” said Chin.

She, however, declined to name the local council that was defrauded.

The SPCA representative will monitor and advise the committee on animal rights and welfare. Besides that, the representative will ensure that animals are not illtreated by contractors.

Also, the representative will make sure the guidelines on catching and exterminating stray dogs as set out by the Department of Veterinary Services is followed.

On March 6, Malay Mail highlighted the issue with pictures showing captured dogs placed in vehicles with no cages to separate them as stipulated in the May 2008 Department of Veterinary Services’ (DVS) Guidelines on Catching and Exterminating Stray Dogs.

The three councils said to be practising this method of stray management were Ampang Jaya, Klang and Kajang municipal councils.

In the report, it was also stated that the Klang Municipal Council still used wire to snare strays, which cuts into the throats and bodies of the animals causing a slow and painful death.


--- On Wed, 3/18/09, Elaine Foster <theloudgirl@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2009, 11:43 AM
Excellent news. A real step forward.

On Sun, 3/22/09, shobamano@yahoo.com <shobamano@yahoo.com> wrote:

Date: Sunday, March 22, 2009, 8:42 AM

I'm sorry, but why is this excellent news? When TV3 exposed the Setapak pound for animal abuse, drowning cats and bashing dogs to death, what did SPCA do? Its Klinik Kembiri has been on the same premises of this pound for years. Sharing the same premises and they don't even know this abuse has been going on for years?

I have heard so many complaints about SPCA from the public. What Furry Friends Farm and Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better and other independent rescuers have done in just a few months far exceeds what SPCA has done in 50 years.

How can they monitor others when they were quiet about the Setapak pounds abuses and how can they say they didn't know when Klinik Kembiri shares the same place? Members of the public who don't live or work on the same premises can complain to TV3 but Klinik Kembiri didn't know?

It is the independent animal rescuers, Malaysian Dogs Deserve Better and Sabrina Yeap from Furry Friends Farm who are the genuine animal lovers who should be called to act as watchdogs over the councils and even DVS. They have pushed for laws to regulate breeders, pet shops and when the govt turns a blind eye they have even bravely confronted these people and tried to educate them personally! It is not always pleasant and many times they have to be patient and reason amicabally with people who have no compassion whatsoever.

They have experience on the streets and many times paid out of their own pockets for medical attention and housing strays in their own homes. They are the faces of the public who have acted on genuine compassion and truly understand what are the shortcomings of this society and government.

Above all, they have given all of us what SPCA has not done in 50 years - Education! The amount of awareness they have raised through the media, through their campaigns, their blogs, websites, their re-homing and adoption drives online and offline, have converted an apathetic public into a pro-active public that are finally doing something, however small, and not waiting for the government to make the change.

It is education that will stop the never ending influx of homeless animals on the streets.

The independent rescuers are the ones who should be the watchdog/monitor.

Shoba Mano
The Remembering Sheena Campaign
www.remembersheena.blogspot.com


SWEET DREAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
  #154  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:10 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek View Post
And where did you obtain your facts to derive to this conclusion?
Look around, as SPCA HK, NZ, SF justified their change from killing to TNR, stray colonies and mass adult education programs on the right of strays to live alongside humans in the community, killing of otherwise healthy animals simply because they fail to get adopted did not reduce the strays population at all, on the other hand, they kept INCREASING simply because they breed too fast! The facts are all there for all to read.

Anyway, folks, looks like our local SPCA's ZERO STRAYS vision goes against all these.

The people who adopted June's strays (which as a strays caregiver, she had been providing them with food and attention while the strays continue to live healthily amongst us outside our homes) could have instead adopted the healthy animals on the death row in SPCA simply because no one would adopt them. Poor animals!

Poor June had been caring and loving for them since small and just because her new neighbour threatened them to call DBKL, she had to remove them. June cried all the way home!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
  #155  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:20 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Bravo, Ruth! We've been saying this all along because the awful agony in a suffering animal's eyes move us to have higher expectations of SPCA than the average Joe!

On the other hand, I can also see some people support the killing of all strays ... then there will be no free animals, everyone will have to buy from petshops, BYB, etc .... legitimate breeders too expensive, they say, so they do every poor man on the street a favor by providing "cheaper" animals, that's how they justify their business ... life is a many splendoured thing ...
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
  #156  
Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 AM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

"The amount of awareness they have raised through the media, through their campaigns, their blogs, websites, their re-homing and adoption drives online and offline, have converted an apathetic public into a pro-active public that are finally doing something, however small, and not waiting for the government to make the change ... "

Furry Friends Farm, Sabrina and Sherina, it was also you, your great courage and deep sacrifices that opened my eyes and created the awareness and compassion in my heart for God's suffering strays, and to do likewise, not SPCA. Your efforts have not been in vain. Ruth, what you do is inspiring. June, you are my kindred spirit! Khengteik, same-same!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
  #157  
Old 03-23-2009, 09:40 AM
khengteik khengteik is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Subang
Posts: 48
Rep Power: 0
khengteik is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to khengteik
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Furry Friends Farm, Sabrina and Sherina, it was also you, your great courage and deep sacrifices that opened my eyes and created the awareness and compassion in my heart for God's suffering strays, and to do likewise, not SPCA. Your efforts have not been in vain. Ruth, what you do is inspiring. June, you are my kindred spirit! Khengteik, same-same!
Me do nothing oni ler... I'm just being a pain in the ass..

But don't get all worked out furkid although all our arguments are derived from facts and also have all the documentations/results/etc which is easily accessible from the internet.... some people would just not accept it as it is not their way of thinking... TNR for example... It is already 100% PROVEN to work... But why hasn't SPCA adopted that strategy?

Zero Strays... very easy to achieve... KILL all the strays... then you have ZERO strays...

truth
Funny, i got information from someone who used to be at SPCA that SPCA is FILTHY RICH... If there is anyone from SPCA that disagree with me, get the accounts for us to see... I'm sure we will all shut up if there is solid proof of where all the funds are going... And i think the happiest man would be Jeff He has been waiting for almost a month plus yet no one has said anything abt it.

EDUCATION.... My point exactly... Which no one from SPCA has ever bothered to state their claims. Like i said... Why no education/awareness programs that are done for non animal lovers and also the older generation.... I've stated my case on why i think that they should focus more on the older generation... but like a thorn in the bush... i'm just a pain in the ass...
  #158  
Old 03-23-2009, 11:42 AM
June June is offline
Animal Lover
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tmn Shamelin Perkasa-Kota Kinabalu
Posts: 6,004
Rep Power: 0
June is on a distinguished road
Default Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

u too

Yes, I have to give up 4 kittens that I been regularly fed for adoption.My evil neighbour threating to call DBKL if I don't get rid the kittens. Not long after that the same neighour complained to our apartment management about the cats in my house and I received warning to get rid of my house cats also I went to see their manager with other animal lover neighbours and tried to slow talk with them. For the time being we are safe but dunno for how long. I feel like to kick and slap this nasty neighbour


Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
"The amount of awareness they have raised through the media, through their campaigns, their blogs, websites, their re-homing and adoption drives online and offline, have converted an apathetic public into a pro-active public that are finally doing something, however small, and not waiting for the government to make the change ... "

Furry Friends Farm, Sabrina and Sherina, it was also you, your great courage and deep sacrifices that opened my eyes and created the awareness and compassion in my heart for God's suffering strays, and to do likewise, not SPCA. Your efforts have not been in vain. Ruth, what you do is inspiring. June, you are my kindred spirit! Khengteik, same-same!
  #159  
Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
FurKids's Avatar
FurKids FurKids is offline
Pets Are NOT Disposable
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,041
Rep Power: 15
FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Ooooooohh!!! So these animal haters sudah kasi betis mahu peha lak ... they have gone from threatening strays to owned-animals ... banyak cantik punyer muker ... and what? their kids are receiving talks from SPCA in schools? Wakakakakakaahhhhhh!!!!!
__________________
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
  #160  
Old 03-23-2009, 02:29 PM
t.ruth's Avatar
t.ruth t.ruth is offline
Animal Rescuer
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 60
Rep Power: 12
t.ruth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Letter from an Animal Shelter Manager - the sad truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by khengteik View Post
Me do nothing oni ler... I'm just being a pain in the ass..

ha!ha!ha! the pain in the ass is not u. i think we know who it is.

But don't get all worked out furkid although all our arguments are derived from facts and also have all the documentations/results/etc which is easily accessible from the internet.... some people would just not accept it as it is not their way of thinking... TNR for example... It is already 100% PROVEN to work... But why hasn't SPCA adopted that strategy?

Zero Strays... very easy to achieve... KILL all the strays... then you have ZERO strays...

that's what's happening now, isn't it? all in the name of no funds....justifiable?

truth
Funny, i got information from someone who used to be at SPCA that SPCA is FILTHY RICH... If there is anyone from SPCA that disagree with me, get the accounts for us to see... I'm sure we will all shut up if there is solid proof of where all the funds are going... And i think the happiest man would be Jeff He has been waiting for almost a month plus yet no one has said anything abt it.

i would think that's how it should be, isn't it? accountability - especially if it's public funds. transparency - there should be more of it. sabar, khengteik, sabar!

EDUCATION.... My point exactly... Which no one from SPCA has ever bothered to state their claims. Like i said... Why no education/awareness programs that are done for non animal lovers and also the older generation.... I've stated my case on why i think that they should focus more on the older generation... but like a thorn in the bush... i'm just a pain in the ass...
we're waiting for solid answers but none seems to be forthcoming, except for the usual standard official statements, not directly addressing the queries brought up. it's rather obvious why. sabar, khengteik, sabar........anyway, someone warned me to be careful as i may get myself suspended from this forum as to quote this person "petfinder is pro-spca". i told this person that if they want us to say what they want to hear, then it should be a closed forum and not a public one. a 'yes-man' forum is no fun at all but i don't think petfinder is that yet. oh, dear! oh, dear! shooting my mouth again........

but, i don't think we are anti-spca. we're just seeking answers, if truths can be told.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No-kill shelter dog is my buddy Animal Organizations & Societies 52 09-28-2009 02:57 PM
animal shelter..:) fazya Cats & Kittens 10 01-19-2009 06:15 PM
interesting read about shelter design aliciahorsley Rescuers & Fosterers 2 10-19-2008 07:23 PM


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
 

Main Site
Home
Advertising
Sponsored Listings
Sign Up
Find A Pet
Share & Save Lives
About PetFinder.my
Terms & Conditions
Freebies / Starter Pack
Report Animal Abuse
Contact Us
Facilities
WAGazine
Discussion Forum
Medical Fund
Pet Food, Toys & Products
Cuteness Meter
Central News Portal
Visual Map
Knowledge Library
Microchip Directory
FurryCards
Mobile
iPhone & iPod App
Android App

Social Media
Facebook
Twitter
KindMeal
Meat-Free Dining
Meal Deals
Kind Moments
Delicious Menu

Others
World Animal Day Contest
Digi iPhone Contest
East Coast Flood Relief
It's Pawssible
Freebies
Online Store
Discussions
Blacklists & Scams



Copyright © PetFinder.my. All rights reserved.