Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 11-09-2012, 12:05 AM
Animal Lover

heartbroken is on a distinguished road
Unhappy My sweet boy..

Hi All, I need urgent advice. My pet dog, Beckham is being kicked out of where he's currently living, that is with my grandparents, why can't I house him you ask? I live in an apartment and Beckham tends to bark at night and the walls here are not very thick and my neighbours will lodge complaints. I need advice on where I can house him and if any kind soul will take him in. Though before you do that you must know that Beckham is a 10 year old silky terrier and recently he's fallen ill alot, hence the kicking out because my grandfather thinks that's he's contagious and might affect my grandmother who is quite sickly.Why don't I try explaining you ask? Because this is not the first time they have threatened to kick him out, it's become a really difficult situation, believe me, i won't be here if there are other options, but I have ran out. I go over to their house to feed him his meds everyday 3 times a day (before work, during lunch and after work) because his eyes needs constant medication to control glaucoma otherwise he will go blind, he has wheezing now after a bout of pneumonia and he has chronic ear problems, ALL of which CAN BE CONTROLLED with medication. Before this my boy was a very healthy (aside from his ear problem) happy and active eventhough he's been sick lately he's still sweet and remains all adoring of me.So for me to do this.. my heart is broken but I just can't find a way around it and imagine him.. he won't know how or why.. he won't understand just that one day I won't be there and he's surrounded by strangers and he doesn't get along with other dogs too because he's very territorial as silky terriers are. My situation is difficult, the ideal scenario I can think of is that he's taken in by someone who loves dogs and will have the time to give him his medications, someone who has some space for him to run about and does not have other dogs about. In a perfect world I will find that person but he's being kicked out by my own family members, people who are supposed to love me and lighten my burden but instead here I am. So please help me, Beckham doesn't deserve this.