Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > The Animal Corner > Cats & Kittens > Training & Behavioral Issues

Training & Behavioral Issues Does your cat have an attitude, or just simply refuses to listen to you? Share it with your peers here and learn more about a cat's behavior and training methods

Old 02-12-2009, 06:55 AM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

euanna is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do Cats Respond to Their Name Being Called?

Salem is 1 month old.. Dun think they're neutered that early
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Felis Wonder Crew Member

IcE-CooN is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to IcE-CooN

Quote:
Originally Posted by euanna View Post
Well then that is normal coz they are attention seeker at the point of time.. What you should do is that Ignore Salem When is not the time to play with him exp at midnight. That will reduce his habbit and neuter after ASAP but make sure you consult your vet on the age. and hope it can reduce...

[WhEn IcE MeLt InTo SiLveR ]......www.IcE-CooN.com
Old 02-12-2009, 05:11 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE-CooN View Post

Well then that is normal coz they are attention seeker at the point of time.. What you should do is that Ignore Salem When is not the time to play with him exp at midnight. That will reduce his habbit and neuter after ASAP but make sure you consult your vet on the age. and hope it can reduce...

Good advice.. I'm counting the days I can neuter my boys A.S.A.P (Vet says 6 mths at least )
Old 02-13-2009, 09:52 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
Furkids,
What are those huge trees in your garden? They look nice, a fun place for cats. Awwh, pity my Blackie, no tree to climb, no garden to play in.
My kids get all excited and perform all sorts of antics when they see me in the garden.

They especially try to impress me with their climbing skills.

But the grand prize goes to this charming girl who managed to outdo everybody else despite her obvious handicap (complete loss of one eye at the hands of a very evil human).

... how's the weather up, Cayang?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN01.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	3373   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN02.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	3374   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN04.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	3375  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 09:57 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Oh, oh ... that looks like a mighty loooooooooooooooooooonnnggg way down, honey .....
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73MRN05.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	3376   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN06.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	3377  
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

... be careful, Sis ... go slow and take your time ....... Want Papa to call Bomba or not?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73TGR01.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	3378  
Old 02-13-2009, 10:14 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

... don't la distract me ... I'll be awwight ... piece of cake laaaa ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73MRN09.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	3379   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN08.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	45.8 KB
ID:	3380   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73MRN10.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	43.9 KB
ID:	3381  
Old 02-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Phhheeeewwww!!! Told ya I could do it ...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73MRN11.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	3382  
Old 02-13-2009, 10:25 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

They are all good climbers ...

Baywatch? Let Papa know if you see a tsunami coming, ya?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B73TGR02.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	3383   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73TGR03.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	3384   Click image for larger version

Name:	B73TGR04.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	3385  
Old 02-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

My heart goes out to this beautiful one-eye girl. I can't help but feel teary when I see that. Poor dear. How she must have been in pain at that time. Lucky you found her and saved her. Look at her now. So beautiful & confident. Your cats are really lucky.

Eh, the attachments are so small, even when I enlarge them, they're still tiny......wat, you're trying to help Andy save on hard disk space is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
My kids get all excited and perform all sorts of antics when they see me in the garden.

They especially try to impress me with their climbing skills.

But the grand prize goes to this charming girl who managed to outdo everybody else despite her obvious handicap (complete loss of one eye at the hands of a very evil human).

... how's the weather up, Cayang?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
My heart goes out to this beautiful one-eye girl. I can't help but feel teary when I see that. Poor dear. How she must have been in pain at that time. Lucky you found her and saved her. Look at her now. So beautiful & confident. Your cats are really lucky.

Eh, the attachments are so small, even when I enlarge them, they're still tiny......wat, you're trying to help Andy save on hard disk space is it?
Her fur (like those of all the other cats) turn a very attractive bright, deep and vibrant color, all thick, shining and nice after several weeks on the mahal cekik darah Royal Canin.

Yes, you won't believe it is the same girl, she is absolutely beautiful! Very cuddly and adorable too, with a very nice personality i.e. she does not bully or pick fights with anybody. Jumps into her cage for food every time she hears the dinner bell (sound of kibbles in the jar!).

Real model pet, this girl! She is a very happy and confident girl, radiates that in all the pics, yes.

I do try to keep pics sizes small.
Old 02-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

What's her name? Such a sweet girl. I'm sure she has an equally beautiful name.

I don't feed RC anymore, but what I do is mix Blackwood kibbles with Addiction Salmon Bleu kibbles....they still seem to do the trick, keep Blackie healthy, active and coat dense & furry & shiny.

Attach slightly larger pics, laa....so we can feast our eyes on them and drool over them properly mah.....you're not doing them justice by attaching such small pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
Her fur (like those of all the other cats) turn a very attractive bright, deep and vibrant color, all thick, shining and nice after several weeks on the mahal cekik darah Royal Canin.

Yes, you won't believe it is the same girl, she is absolutely beautiful! Very cuddly and adorable too, with a very nice personality i.e. she does not bully or pick fights with anybody. Jumps into her cage for food every time she hears the dinner bell (sound of kibbles in the jar!).

Real model pet, this girl! She is a very happy and confident girl, radiates that in all the pics, yes.

I do try to keep pics sizes small.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:30 PM
Mama Kabu & ChiChi

anitayusof00 is on a distinguished road

My Kabu sure responded to his name, mind the intonation. Despite the idea of don't associate cat's name with their wrongdoings (I didn't know this before), my Kabu will obey when I called his name sharply, and came manja2 when I called his name lovingly. Sometimes I called him 'Bu' only (shorten of Kabu), sometimes I called him Tebu (bcos the shape of his tail), sometimes Debu (for no reason), Bubu or Gebu. As long as ada bunyi 'Bu' kat belakang, he will know that I called him. I considered him as a smart cat. He will understand and obey immidiately when I scolded him. Normally terus lari mencecet2. Last time, my belated Kapas was the guardian of the hse. Now that Kapas had gone to rainbow bridge, seems that Kabu had taken his place. He guarded the house well, except from humans.....Paling penakut kalau nampak org yg tak dikenali. The funny part, Kabu will only come when I'm the one calling. Kalau the rest of the family members called him, he will make dunno only. Semua kat dalam rumah jeles with me cos if I called Kabu, tengah tidur kat tingkat atas pun, dia akan turun ke bawah to reach me. Last time, after returning from my 3 weeks travel to the mid east, I called his name (I was at the kitchen at that time) and from outside he came running into my arms. Unlike Kabu, my belated Kapas paling manja with my hb. I remembered the time when my hb came back after 2 months outstation in Labuan. Upon hearing my hb calling for him, dia yang dari tingkat atas, terjun ke bawah & lompat atas my hb. Bila teringat peristiwa tu.....sedih sangat. Rindu sangat pada dia.
Old 02-20-2009, 05:04 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by euanna View Post
Tunggu dulu la Euanna kalau Salem masih kecik macam tu. Early Age Neutering (EAN) practitioners buat neutering at age 2 months and body weight minimum 2 kg.

Tapi ada pro and cons of EAN - for the boboys besok kemungkinan ada masalah utk masukkan catheter due to the possible scarring kalau dia develop urinary problems at a later stage (boboys are quite prone to urinary problems especially if you give him poor quality food which can cause stones or batu karang). The better quality cat food contains an ingredient to regulate the pH of the urinary system and help prevent batu karang. There is also the magnesium and ash component.

That is why some vets actually still shake their fingers and insist that the boboys be neutered at 6 months old at least so that the organs are better formed and less damaging scarring, kalau tak silap.

Macam mana pun, I do my boboys at 7 months (before they become and smell more "male", get treated as competitors for their girls and attacked by adult males, especially those unneutered strays that come roaming around from time to time semasa musin mengawan - tak nak mereka pick up all sorts of diseases from cat fight injuries). Also, you neuter them before they start to spray.

EAN is especially practised by shelters and on strays because takut tak dapat buat later on, tak dapat tangkap semula. But for the girls, you MUST do latest at 4 months because many, many come into heat and get pregnant at that age.

Chemonk
Sori Boss, off topiak sikit sebab nak share pengalaman dan pengetahuan pentiang dengan member penyayang meow-meow kiter.

Last edited by FurKids; 02-20-2009 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 11:46 PM
Call me Yuana or Yan ;)

Hmm.. tengok kat government vet hosp.. 6 months++ baru boleh neuter anyway..

Salem very vocal because he misses his mother's nipple i guess... whenever he starts mewing real loud..he would climb up and start sucking on my T-shirt

Vet nasihatkan bagi dia susu 3 kali sehari. Sekarang tengah nak ajar dia supaya kurang vocal.. bagi dia suck baju kejap.. tapi kalau dia still vocal lagi..terus letak dia dalam bilik kucing (Convert bilik store jadi cat room). Hopefully cara tu boleh kurangkan dia menangis non stop. Tapi nampak bagi dia susu, dia kurang sikit nangis.

BTW.. I'm practicing my "OI!" voice.. sometimes it works.. My eldest cat, Sherbet would stop whatever mischief he's doing and lay flat on the ground. Sadly, it doesn't work on Salem.. just have to pick him up whenever he does mischief.

Lari sikit dari topik.. tapi masih ada sikit2.. :D .. I think Salem knows his name is Salem.. I call him over sometimes he come.. sometime he just ignore (prolly the fact that I was holding milk / food was the reason he came over :S ) .. Do you think we need to train them to know their name? or will they know it by themselve as time goes by?? *ponders*

Sighs.. I wish I could understand what Salem wants.

Last edited by euanna; 02-21-2009 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Aku rasa kalau nak betul-betul tahu whether your cat truly knows his own name and responds to it and not to tuan dia punya lemak merdu cayang intan payung voice is to get some Tom, Dick and Harry (yes, orang lain, including strangers) to say, "Sherbet ... Sherbet" or "Salem ... Salem" and see if your cat responds or dia buat duh.

Do it several times, and you will know for sure whether your cat truly recognises his own name or is simply responding to your lemak merdu voice.

Oi!!!!