Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > General Discussion

General Discussion General information and discuss on animal rescue, adoption and advocacy

Old 03-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road
Default Lesson to all cat owners

This year Felis Wonder & Enko had 2 unpleasant happening, I want to share them hoping to put in more awareness about the well being of our cats in the hand of our maids.

First incident.

Enko Icemaine a Silver Classic Tabby White boy is the pick of the litter from GC,DW Versus Ice Dive Jr. Forego of Enko. with CH. Felis Wonder Lady Sai See of Enko. This boy was sold to a cat lover who had no limit on his spending for food & care for all his cats. In fact he own 4 Maine Coon from us with 3 show quality silver tabby white boys & 1 pet quality brown tabby white girl.

All his cats are very well maintained, he had a maid to clean his place plus cleaning the cats room. The 3 boys stay in a room in a penthouse in a condo looking out the balcony with a sliding door keeping them safely inside. The owner always double check the sliding door after the maid had clean their room. Just bcoz one day he did not do so even though he did look into their room & notice the sliding door was shut but did not know it was not lock which was the biggest mistake ever happen & a very regretful one. When he was about to leave for work in that morning he notice Icemaine was missing & he went in to check & notice the sliding door was open slightly which sent a chill to his bone. The worst happen Icemaine was not in the balcony, he went down straight away to look for him & hoping for the best, but was very sad to find out that the boy was already dead with his body stiff. He call me straight away to tell me the sad news & I was caught dumb not knowing exactly what to said. So, here we are, never take thing for granted that the maid care. Some how or rather we had to make sure of their safety ourselves even if we can afford the help.

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 03-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Lesson to all cat owners

How true Jimmy.That is why I never let my cat play at the balcony when either me or my husband are not around because no one supervise them.call me paranoid but better save then sorry I keep reminding my cat sitter DO NOT open the sliding door if she come to clean up the litter box and feed the cats.I even paste my message everywhere in the house that I think she can see.Thank God she listen to my instruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coony View Post
This year Felis Wonder & Enko had 2 unpleasant happening, I want to share them hoping to put in more awareness about the well being of our cats in the hand of our maids.

First incident.

Enko Icemaine a Silver Classic Tabby White boy is the pick of the litter from GC,DW Versus Ice Dive Jr. Forego of Enko. with CH. Felis Wonder Lady Sai See of Enko. This boy was sold to a cat lover who had no limit on his spending for food & care for all his cats. In fact he own 4 Maine Coon from us with 3 show quality silver tabby white boys & 1 pet quality brown tabby white girl.

All his cats are very well maintained, he had a maid to clean his place plus cleaning the cats room. The 3 boys stay in a room in a penthouse in a condo looking out the balcony with a sliding door keeping them safely inside. The owner always double check the sliding door after the maid had clean their room. Just bcoz one day he did not do so even though he did look into their room & notice the sliding door was shut but did not know it was not lock which was the biggest mistake ever happen & a very regretful one. When he was about to leave for work in that morning he notice Icemaine was missing & he went in to check & notice the sliding door was open slightly which sent a chill to his bone. The worst happen Icemaine was not in the balcony, he went down straight away to look for him & hoping for the best, but was very sad to find out that the boy was already dead with his body stiff. He call me straight away to tell me the sad news & I was caught dumb not knowing exactly what to said. So, here we are, never take thing for granted that the maid care. Some how or rather we had to make sure of their safety ourselves even if we can afford the help.

Last edited by June; 03-10-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:21 PM
tenggelam2 timbul :P

ladycatherine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Lesson to all cat owners

this is very sad indeed...

i am so sorry for your lost jimmy... i know how much you love each one of those coons of yours...

Aishah n Fanna :(
Old 03-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Petfinder Moderator

blackie007 has disabled reputation

I'm so sorry to hear of Icemaine's fate. I know you love your cats alot even after you sold them, and you are feeling as sad as the owner himself.

Thanks for sharing this story, Jimmy. Hope everyone learns from this......check on your maid's work where your cats are concerned. never trust them to care for your cats the way you do.

What is the 2nd incident?
Old 03-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
How true Jimmy.That is why I never let my cat play at the balcony when either me or my husband are not around because no one supervise them.call me paranoid but better save then sorry I keep reminding my cat sitter DO NOT open the sliding door if she come to clean up the litter box and feed the cats.I even paste my message everywhere in the house that I think she can see.Thank God she listen to my instruction.
Very sad to say it is every bit true. I will not even allow my cat to be at the balcony even under supervision. You will never know what ever can happen. Imagine a bird landed on your balcony railing by mistake & took off straight away after seeing you or your cat & at the very instance your cat dive for it which is common cat hunting instinct, I don't think you can stop that. The cause of Icemaine jumping off the balcony is highly the reason of the pigeons which the owner said every morning the pigeons will come to the balcony.

The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 03-11-2009, 12:50 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie007 View Post
I'm so sorry to hear of Icemaine's fate. I know you love your cats alot even after you sold them, and you are feeling as sad as the owner himself.

Thanks for sharing this story, Jimmy. Hope everyone learns from this......check on your maid's work where your cats are concerned. never trust them to care for your cats the way you do.

What is the 2nd incident?
Yes, it was very heart breaking. Let me have my lunch first & I will come back with the second incident.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladycatherine View Post
this is very sad indeed...

i am so sorry for your lost jimmy... i know how much you love each one of those coons of yours...

Aishah n Fanna :(
Sad indeed it was.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Gentle Giant

2nd Incident

On the 9/03/09 in the early morning I was woke up by the call from Eagle aka Mini Charger owner that he was missing. Apparently he said that Eagle was kept in the glass room with the rest of the cats before they sleep on the previous night by the maids. When they got up in the morning to let the cats out to mingle with the family, they realize Eagle was missing.

Eagle is from the first litter of our boy GC,DW Nascat Super Charged! of Felis Wonder with CH. Enko Snow Flake. He was a favorite among many Felis Wonder fans although classified as a pet by us.

They had 2 maids to take charge of the welfare of the cats including grooming, bathing, feeding of food & supplement. They know the important of these cats to their master & yet negligence like this still happened. They search the entire house in case the boy was carelessly trapped in any wardrobe or hiding in some quiet corner. Off coz it’s a very slim chance that he is hiding in the morning when the entire family already woke up. The owner called me when he truly realized that he is indeed missing. I send him photos of Eagle for them to check with the garden security guards & the neighbors. I told him to keep me updated on the boy finding the moment he had found him.

I felt so sad & loss & just don’t know what to do. Night came & yet I heard nothing from them. For the very first I pray to God to protect this boy & deliver him home. Praise God, my prayer was answer as I was woke up by my handphone sms alert in the early morning yesterday that Eagle came back that morning on his own & in perfect condition. I thanks God for answering my prayer, I hope this is a very important lesson to the owner & the maids, & let it be a lesson also to all ppl who do depend on their maids to take care of their pets.

Last edited by Coony; 03-11-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:05 PM
PetFinder Guru

kitty_inky is on a distinguished road

oh my god i still remember eagle face he looks like my inky but inky is not coon..

indeed eagle is one of my favourite coon of yours Jimmy.Glad to hear that he safe.....

Lesson learn.....b extra 150% care full
Old 03-11-2009, 02:16 PM
Petfinder Moderator

OMG! When I saw Eagle's name, my heart stopped and I went cold as he's one of my favourites. Phew! Thank goodness Eagle came back on his own. (crying tears of relief)

hope the owner learns his lesson and takes extreme care where Eagle is concerned. Otherwise, I'll have to go to his house and give him a piece of my mind if anything happens to Eagle.
Old 03-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty_inky View Post
oh my god i still remember eagle face he looks like my inky but inky is not coon..

indeed eagle is one of my favourite coon of yours Jimmy.Glad to hear that he safe.....

Lesson learn.....b extra 150% care full
That was indeed a great relief. shud be a million % careful.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:03 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
OMG! When I saw Eagle's name, my heart stopped and I went cold as he's one of my favourites. Phew! Thank goodness Eagle came back on his own. (crying tears of relief)

hope the owner learns his lesson and takes extreme care where Eagle is concerned. Otherwise, I'll have to go to his house and give him a piece of my mind if anything happens to Eagle.
You only know him, I'm the breeder imagine how I feel.

Hopefully this is a lesson they will remember for life & learn from it.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:04 PM
PetFinder Guru

Lucky eagle smart enough to come home .And u were rite ,should be million% carefull,..

Eagle, be a good boy ok after this, or i will catnap u after this . hehehehehe
Old 03-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yup, it must be a lot worse for you. you saw it born, and grew into the cute little thing it is now.

Quote:
You only know him, I'm the breeder imagine how I feel.

Hopefully this is a lesson they will remember for life & learn from it.

kitty,
i have a good mind to go kidnap Eagle myself, too. come, let's go together, and we can take turns to jaga Eagle between us.

Quote:
Lucky eagle smart enough to come home .And u were rite ,should be million% carefull,..

Eagle, be a good boy ok after this, or i will catnap u after this . hehehehehe
Old 03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
PetFinder Guru

Easy, blacky we come pretend to be new maids lorr.hehehehehhehehehe,we can catnap him easily

what do think?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:35 PM
Petfinder Moderator

pretend to be new maids? hahahah, ok, sure, sure. excellent idea. we'll need paper references.....maybe jimmy can help in that dept.

Quote:
Easy, blacky we come pretend to be new maids lorr.hehehehehhehehehe,we can catnap him easily

what do think?
Old 03-11-2009, 04:14 PM
PetFinder Guru

adamyala is on a distinguished road

Quote:
pretend to be new maids? hahahah, ok, sure, sure. excellent idea. we'll need paper references.....maybe jimmy can help in that dept.
Blackie and Kitty will become the new maids, and I will be eagle's bodyguard. So...I would know where he is, when he dissapears in the middle of the nite again

Jimmy, I am sorry to hear about Icemaine's accident. My prayers goes out to Icemaine.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamyala View Post
Blackie and Kitty will become the new maids, and I will be eagle's bodyguard. So...I would know where he is, when he dissapears in the middle of the nite again

Jimmy, I am sorry to hear about Icemaine's accident. My prayers goes out to Icemaine.
Look like these are the ppl I have to be very careful with when they are near my cats.

Thanks Adamyala, I guess after this he will never have to suffer anymore ill fate.

Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 PM
Petfinder Moderator

yeah! better count your cats after we leave.....we might put one inside our handbag when we go.

Quote:
Look like these are the ppl I have to be very careful with when they are near my cats.

Thanks Adamyala, I guess after this he will never have to suffer anymore ill fate.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
Gentle Giant

Quote:
yeah! better count your cats after we leave.....we might put one inside our handbag when we go.
I better inform the guard to double check the boss of the retired British secret agent at the guard point every time after her visit.