Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2010, 06:13 AM
PetFinder Buddy

hhplover is on a distinguished road
Default MCFA CAT SHOW 25 April? Think Again...

For those thinking of participating in the above shows... read the following corresponding email between me and the organiser...

Salam,
Im interested to participate. But before that, may i know how many categories and what categories will you have. I've been to the last show at Mydin, but quite dissapointed with the cramp space and less categories. Hopefully, this show will be better organised and bigger space.
Your prompt reply will be much appreciated.
Thanks.
Me.

Salam,

Thanks for your interest. For this show we will have 4 ring for Pedigree and 2 ring for HHP. Both will have 3 category which is: Kitten, Adult and Alter.

Sorry if the 1st show give you some disappointment. May I know what do you mean by less category?

This time we aspect to have 300 participant which will be 100 Pedigree and 200 HHP. The space at Sunway Pyramid is bigger compare to Mydin, so we will have enough space.

For Entry the charge for each cat will be RM30 for HHP(2 ring) and RM140 for Pedigree (4 ring). The closing date for register is 1 week before the show.

Hope that informative to you. Once again thank for your email, we will try our best to make the show more smoother and enjoyable.
Thank
MCFA

Thanks for the reply.
Ok, what i mean by less category is, like last time under HHP Adult, got 68 cats competing for 10 prizes. This is too many i think. And with the expectant increase number of HHP for this show, i assume it will be worse this time. I''ve been to MCC shows. Even they provided only 3 prizes for each category, but there is so many categories, and much fairer. Example, For HHP Adult, MCC have categories Adult Female Longhair, Adult Female Shorthair, Adult Male Longhair and Adult Male Shorthair. I hope MCFA will give a thinker on this. Should the categories remains, I'm sorry, i had to withdraw from participating.
Thanks.
Me.

Hi,

Sorry if you feel the category is less. As you know we are following TICA rules, so the prize is only 10-15% of the contestant.
So in order we want to have them judge, we need to follow their show rule.

As for MCC, there are under FiFe rules, so their show only based on "kalah mati" rules, without collecting any point. If you go to CFA Cats Show, their rules is almost the same as us (TICA). Our show is to find a better quality of cats breed and not only for fun show.

Sorry if you can't follow these rules, as this is the rules set by the International Standard. That the point for putting the International word there.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback. We will look at it.

Thank
MCFA

Hi...
Oooh it's ok then. I thought of showing only for the fun of it and enjoying the show. I guess, this is what 99% of HHP participant looking for since they will not be seriously collecting points. I've been to CFA show also and had enjoy showing my HHP there. Why? because they limit to only 20 HHP only, to ensure fairness and greater chance for all. For MCFA show and compete with 70 other cats in one category, for only 10 prizes, seems like madness to me. And at the last MCFA Show, out 20 rossetes and prizes for kitten, category, only 1 (one), won by shorthair. So, where is all the fairness and chances for those bringing HHP shorthair cats?
BTW, if you are talking about International, i wonder why MCFA accept HHP more than Pedigree? This is like MCC Fife Show but MCFA even worse, because you provided less categories. Fife compensated those showing HHP by providing more categories, to ensure everybody stand a greater chance and be happy and encourage participation. MCFA show here, if what you stated above, want more participations and collect more entry fees, but not about to give it back to those who supports your show, and to the extend of frustrating your participants. Your MCFA mission statement did say something to make your members happy and enjoy your shows... but this is totally different. I guess, this show is only to certain members who have the luxury of having pedigree cats but not to majority of members who had only HHP.
Anyway, thanks for the reply, and good luck for the show.
Me

No answers from MCFA…
Old 04-01-2010, 08:17 AM
~feline attaché

nurkasih is on a distinguished road
Default Re: MCFA CAT SHOW 25 April? Think Again...

I read your post thrice, n i do not exactly understand what you are trying to say. For me at least your issue here is ambigious. I suggest you read TICA's guidelines as i believe FIFE and TICA's laid down different guidelines.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:11 PM
Gentle Giant

Coony is on a distinguished road

personally i have nothing against HHP but for a so call TICA show for pedigree with HHP twice the entries, this really look wierd. It's probably also the 1st time tht a TICA show had the HHP outnumber the pedigree 200 to 100

Best Maine Coon Cattery in CFA ID Asia/LA since 2004
The only Maine Coon cattery with 3 DM, 3 Top Ten MCO National & produce the most GC/GP (30) & DW (12) in CFA ID Asia/LA
Old 04-01-2010, 10:49 PM
Animal Lover

grrrrrrrk is on a distinguished road

Hi thread starter, I also have read your statement. From the conversation I didn't see anything wrong with the answer they give you.

As stated that both club are under two different organization, 1 is FiFe and the other is TICA. So I think both have their own rules.

That is common in competition sometime you win sometime you lose. I think Mr Coony know better, but for them to let HHP enter the competition, I think its good because we can see the different between HHP and Pedigree cat.

That my opinion.
Old 04-01-2010, 11:21 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by grrrrrrrk View Post
Hi thread starter, I also have read your statement. From the conversation I didn't see anything wrong with the answer they give you.

As stated that both club are under two different organization, 1 is FiFe and the other is TICA. So I think both have their own rules.

That is common in competition sometime you win sometime you lose. I think Mr Coony know better, but for them to let HHP enter the competition, I think its good because we can see the different between HHP and Pedigree cat.

That my opinion.
I'm not questioning the rules of Fife or CFA or TICA. I'm questioning the logic of having more than 50 cats competing in one category. This is the extract from TICA regards to the above :

In the finals of an allbreed ring, the judge will select the top ten eligible cats (longhairs/shorthairs) based on 25 cats competing in the ring. If there are only 24 cats competing, the top nine are selected; 23 competing, eight are selected; 22 competing, seven are selected; 21 competing, six are selected; 20 or less, five are selected. Finals are awarded to Cats, Kittens, Alters, Household Pets, Household Pet Kittens, and NBCs.

So, you can see even TICA limit the entry to 25 Cats per category, just as CFA shows. Where as in Fife Show, even they accepted HHP entries more than Pedigree, they compensated that by having more categories in HHP. As stated by MCFA, this shows expected numbers of HHP entries will be 200 cats, so for each of three category the simple minimum cats competing number will be 65 - 67 cats!

This is not about winning or losing. It is about competing fairly, enjoying the shows and had a glimmer of hope some kucing kampong might win something.

That's my opinion..
Old 04-02-2010, 02:01 AM
Animal Lover

sweeet
Old 04-02-2010, 04:22 PM
Animal Lover

ryutaro is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: MCFA CAT SHOW 25 April? Think Again...

hhplover,
did you read properly TICA show rules? i believe you're swindling the TICA rules. read the below properly with your eyes open.

on clause 22.3.1: The maximum number of entries a club may accept is limited as follows:
22.3.1.1 Alternative Format - 125 entries. (See Show Rule 21.16.)
22.3.1.2 Back-to-Back Format - 250 entries. (See Show Rule 21.14.)
22.3.1.3 Split Format (2-day Show) - 500 entries. (See Show Rule 21.15 and Show Rule 216.4.)

on clause 216.3: A judge may not judge or handle more than 250 cats in 1 day
regardless of format, and no more than 500 cats in a 2-day show.

no such rules limiting the no. of entry.

so please do not condemning others show if you're not having a very good cat/kitten for entering their show.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:33 PM
PetFinder Guru

DJSNAZ83 is on a distinguished road

there is totally no category for HHP cats in CFA show..but, kucing kampong still win...

it's not about making more categories. CFA, TICA, FIFE and few other world big clubs have their own rules and regulations. even if u read more about the clubs, there are certain clubs that give title even to HHP cats.

In US, they have their own shows for HHP cats..in every country u know..so i think that, we can do that here too..organize our own show, then, make few categories, invite judges, invite people to join, then, the show begins..

BUT, it's not that easy..u will know how hard to organize a show...

so, up to u if u want to join the show or not..as for me, i'm not into TICA because all my cats are registered under CFA. so, i'll try to join CFA shows someday. Goodluck!
Old 04-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Animal Lover

DJSNAZ83,
great comment, you're totally right. it's not a day or two for organizing one day show. it takes few months!!

so, hhplover, up to u if u want to join the show or not. but do not instigate other else if you're not joining. we're joining the club for fun, not for fighting & instigating other else.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Animal Lover

All in all either it TICA or CFA or FiFe, its still a cat organization. Recently TICA has the largest no of Type of Breed register under them. Because CFA didn't go for wild cats such as Bengal.

So depend of the person which cats they prefer. Agreed with both DJSNAZ83 and ryutaro. Its not easy to conduct a show, but its easy for us to complain.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:07 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryutaro View Post
hhplover,
did you read properly TICA show rules? i believe you're swindling the TICA rules. read the below properly with your eyes open.

on clause 22.3.1: The maximum number of entries a club may accept is limited as follows:
22.3.1.1 Alternative Format - 125 entries. (See Show Rule 21.16.)
22.3.1.2 Back-to-Back Format - 250 entries. (See Show Rule 21.14.)
22.3.1.3 Split Format (2-day Show) - 500 entries. (See Show Rule 21.15 and Show Rule 216.4.)

on clause 216.3: A judge may not judge or handle more than 250 cats in 1 day
regardless of format, and no more than 500 cats in a 2-day show.

no such rules limiting the no. of entry.

so please do not condemning others show if you're not having a very good cat/kitten for entering their show.
Dear Ryutaro,
Im not comdemning, Im just highlighting my concern for those who are about to bring kucing kampong like me, competing with all those fluffy hair mix breed HHP. I guess you are one of the organising committee, doing all the hardwork and strictly following the rules, and not about to bend a little bit to make the show more entertaining and fun.
Yes, I've read the rules and 300 is more than 250 cats competing in a one day show. And I believe, it is fun for you to pay and collect entries for kucing kampong and compete with 60+ other mix breed fluffy HHP cats in the same category.

Good Luck for All!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:16 PM
Petfinder Moderator

Maneki Neko is on a distinguished road

Hello, all you folks who regularly go to cat shows --

This is slightly off-topic, but I'm curious about something.

When judges rate pedigreed cats, they look at each animal and compare it to the "ideal" for that breed that their organisation specifies -- the coat should be this way, the eyes that way, the tail attached to the back end, etc.

But how do they judge HHPs (household pets?) What are they looking for? How can they assure me that my kucing kampong is better than yours? Are there in fact generic standards for judging non-pedigreed cats?

I ask this out of curiosity, not because I want to stir up trouble.

(Actually , I KNOW my kucing kampong is #1. She tells me so every day, very loudly.)
Old 04-02-2010, 09:18 PM
Animal Lover

antihyppo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhplover View Post
Dear Ryutaro,
Im not comdemning, Im just highlighting my concern for those who are about to bring kucing kampong like me, competing with all those fluffy hair mix breed HHP. I guess you are one of the organising committee, doing all the hardwork and strictly following the rules, and not about to bend a little bit to make the show more entertaining and fun.
Yes, I've read the rules and 300 is more than 250 cats competing in a one day show. And I believe, it is fun for you to pay and collect entries for kucing kampong and compete with 60+ other mix breed fluffy HHP cats in the same category.

Good Luck for All!
Dear HHPLover,
Good to know that you're an HHP lover. Don't be disheartened by the above. Rules is rules because we live in a community governed by man made rules. If you think that your HHP is good enough for the show, why don't you give it a try. I know one veteran exhibitor (he is used to be active here), entered show with his kucing kampong and managed to win quite handsomely. HHP judged mostly by their uniqueness and if you find your HHP uniq, give it a go. For your info, this veteran exhibitor kucing kampong got 1st Place in Adult HHP Category in one of the rings in the last MCFA Show, competing with 67 other mix breed HHP cats. Check MCFA website.
It is up to you, or else just enjoy the show.
I believe your HHP is still the champion, just like mine... Haha..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
Hello, all you folks who regularly go to cat shows --

This is slightly off-topic, but I'm curious about something.

When judges rate pedigreed cats, they look at each animal and compare it to the "ideal" for that breed that their organisation specifies -- the coat should be this way, the eyes that way, the tail attached to the back end, etc.

But how do they judge HHPs (household pets?) What are they looking for? How can they assure me that my kucing kampong is better than yours? Are there in fact generic standards for judging non-pedigreed cats?

I ask this out of curiosity, not because I want to stir up trouble.

(Actually , I KNOW my kucing kampong is #1. She tells me so every day, very loudly.)
From what i know, there is a standard judging for HHP but not so exclusively as pedigree. They mostly judged on their uniqueness and temperament, apart from cleanliness and health.
Yes, your HHP is #1, just like mine...haha..
Old 04-02-2010, 09:36 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihyppo View Post
Dear HHPLover,
Good to know that you're an HHP lover. Don't be disheartened by the above. Rules is rules because we live in a community governed by man made rules. If you think that your HHP is good enough for the show, why don't you give it a try. I know one veteran exhibitor (he is used to be active here), entered show with his kucing kampong and managed to win quite handsomely. HHP judged mostly by their uniqueness and if you find your HHP uniq, give it a go. For your info, this veteran exhibitor kucing kampong got 1st Place in Adult HHP Category in one of the rings in the last MCFA Show, competing with 67 other mix breed HHP cats. Check MCFA website.
Thanks Antihyppo for the advise. May I know, who is this veteran exhibitor? I might bring my HPP to him for the prejudging..hehe, and to get his opinion on my HHP.
Yes... whatever the outcome, my HHP still the champion... just like yours..
Old 04-02-2010, 11:45 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Thanks Antihyppo for the advise. May I know, who is this veteran exhibitor? I might bring my HPP to him for the prejudging..hehe, and to get his opinion on my HHP.
Thanks Antihyppo for your PM on the above contacts. I had spoken to him and manage to make an appointment. Its a pity he's not active here anymore. Thanks again.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Animal Lover

do you mean PakCu?
Old 04-03-2010, 02:05 PM
Animal Lover

Coony
Re: MCFA CAT SHOW 25 April? Think Again...
personally i have nothing against HHP but for a so call TICA show for pedigree with HHP twice the entries, this really look wierd. It's probably also the 1st time tht a TICA show had the HHP outnumber the pedigree 200 to 10

Hi Coony, funny to hear such comments from you who happen to be the so-called ex-treasurer for FSM (Feline Society Malaysia). As we all know FSM was banned by RoS (Registrar of Society) for not submitting annual reports of the club. So for someone like you who failed to keep your club alive, it is truly shameful to be busy with matters of other clubs. The abuse of powers by these so-called committee members of FSM like you have resulted in the banned of FSM club. And what is the impact to honest club-members? Now FSM is like a BEGGAR in Malaysia where you have to borrow license from other clubs such as Borneo Cat Club, Philipines Cat Lover Society etc as a requirement to organize a show. What truly shame for a "SO-CALLED" maine-coon breeder. We know you are a dishonest person and my advice is "mind your own business". I challenge you to keep this post here for all to see. I have screen captured this post & will post it somewhere else if it is deleted here. I challenge you!
Old 04-03-2010, 03:02 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
do you mean PakCu?
Yes, he is..
Old 04-03-2010, 04:13 PM
PetFinder Buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antihyppo View Post
Dear HHPLover,
Quote:
Quote:
Thanks Antihyppo for your PM on the above contacts. I had spoken to him and manage to make an appointment. Its a pity he's not active here anymore. Thanks again.
Quote:
do you mean PakCu?
Yes. He is...
Old 04-03-2010, 05:35 PM
Animal Lover

Adila is on a distinguished road

Chill down ryutaro and keep it cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryutaro View Post
Coony
Re: MCFA CAT SHOW 25 April? Think Again...
personally i have nothing against HHP but for a so call TICA show for pedigree with HHP twice the entries, this really look wierd. It's probably also the 1st time tht a TICA show had the HHP outnumber the pedigree 200 to 10

Hi Coony, funny to hear such comments from you who happen to be the so-called ex-treasurer for FSM (Feline Society Malaysia). As we all know FSM was banned by RoS (Registrar of Society) for not submitting annual reports of the club. So for someone like you who failed to keep your club alive, it is truly shameful to be busy with matters of other clubs. The abuse of powers by these so-called committee members of FSM like you have resulted in the banned of FSM club. And what is the impact to honest club-members? Now FSM is like a BEGGAR in Malaysia where you have to borrow license from other clubs such as Borneo Cat Club, Philipines Cat Lover Society etc as a requirement to organize a show. What truly shame for a "SO-CALLED" maine-coon breeder. We know you are a dishonest person and my advice is "mind your own business". I challenge you to keep this post here for all to see. I have screen captured this post & will post it somewhere else if it is deleted here. I challenge you!
Closed Thread