Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 07-09-2008, 08:45 AM
Animal Lover

Cavey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cavey
Default Re: HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Cats & Volunteers Wanted!

Hi Andy!

There's a change of schedule on my side. My friend & I would like to be there on Sat instead. We'll be there around 10.30am. Hope that's all right.

Btw, what's Pet Finder's booth number (if there's any)?

Also, depending on the crowd, 2000 brochures might not be enough for the 3 days. Perhaps we can ask them first if they are interested in getting/adopting a pet. If they are, then only distribute the flyers? If there's still plenty of flyers left come Sun, we can then distribute to everybody.

As for guideline no.5, perhaps after taking down their details, we can recommend them to the SPCA booth? We might not have the pets they are looking for but perhaps SPCA might have them. After all, we are all trying to find good homes for the pets :)

Lastly, will it be a good idea to have something to give away at the booth? Things like sweets or something.. the public is always attracted to free stuffs so perhaps that's one way to get them to stop by the booth.

Cheers!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation

Hi Cavey,

Sure, Saturday's fine, no problem!

Actually I don't know the booth number haha, I was notified to park at Car Park B, which is nearest to our pet adoption area. If you see the floor plan attached in my first post here, it shows that we're next to the Fun Fair and Car Drift area.

Yes, we have to distribute the brochures sparingly, at least initially. But I think for families with kids, it is fine just go ahead and give them the brochure. They might be undecided for now, but with the brochure in hand, they might go home and check out the website, or tell it to their friends or relatives that are interested.

I don't foresee much of a traffic on Friday, so we'll likely have most of the brochures available for distribution on Sat & Sun.

Yes, for sure we can recommend them to the SPCA booth, which I believe is just next to us anyway haha.. in fact, the pet catalog that I prepared contains a large portion of SPCA's and PAWS' pets as well, and I also printed their phone numbers on our brochure to help promote their services.

Good idea on the sweets - I'll get it prepared!
Old 07-10-2008, 11:09 PM
Petfinder Lifetime Member

kairul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kairul Send a message via Skype™ to kairul

haha...can weekend comes ASAP...i couldn't wait..hehehe
Old 07-10-2008, 11:40 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Haha.. ya, I can't wait too! Well at least I don't need to wait till weekend, it's just 10 more hours for me!

I believe it'll be a lepaking day tomorrow though, don't think much people would wanna go to the stadium on a Friday morning or afternoon haha...

I'll keep you guys posted on how things go tomorrow, so we're better prepared for the crowd over the weekend!
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 AM
Animal Lover

Cavey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cavey

Thanks Andy, would appreciate that :)
Old 07-11-2008, 10:39 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Everyone,

The first day of the event has come and gone... a very quiet and peaceful day with nobody, as expected haha. However, I believe the traffic should be pretty good over the next 2 days. I was there alone from 10am, and luckily had my book to accompany me! I took the opportunity to close shop early at 6pm when SPCA packed up their cats and left together haha..

The booth setups look decent, and ours is adjoined to SPCA's. There are about 10 booths there, including Petster, PetFinder, SPCA, WWF, and others selling pet products and exotic pets (yeah, snakes, tarantula, lizards, and a cute lil' ferret with sharp teeth that punctured a hole through my finger *OUCH!*)

If you are driving there, turn into Car Park B. Once inside, park at any row to your left, as left as possible towards the end. That end area joins on to the Car Sales carnival where you'll see 100s of cars parked there with red booths everywhere. Head diagonally right (from your standing position facing the car sales carnival) towards the area where you see a big stage with booming speakers (an area sheltered by an extension of the stadium) and you'll see our booths to the right side of that stage.

I didn't exactly see much food around, and the Fun Fair didn't seem operational during that time. I guess things should pick up tomorrow!

Hope to see you guys there! That's all for now, good night!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-11-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Guys,

Latest update on the event... There were much more people today, and we had a much better reach thanks to the generous assistance of our volunteers - Cavey Yong, Kim Xiaoyu and their two friends, as well as my friends Shan Hui and Sze Kaye, all tirelessly helping promote the homeless animals.

A rescuer, Alice Lim has assisted Jacqueline Tsang (an active pet rescuer) in bringing 3 of the latter's cats there for adoption. 1 of them was adopted by a gentle and kind-hearted guy, while the other 2 were taken back mid-way through the show as the poor kitties were too frightened by the loud booming music, crowd and hot weather.

Attached is a picture of the adopted Chin (named for the "beard"). She's so brave, and cooly walked around the stalls and played with the crowd haha. We made a blunder though, we all somehow thought Chin was a male (due to her name, looks and behavior) and told that to the adopter, who has confirmed the adoption and will be coming to collect tomorrow. Later in the day, we were bewildered to see that "he" had some crucial missing organ while "he" turned over!

The adopter passed by again, and we quicky told him about it. He was originally worried that the cat would get pregnant, but we told him not to worry as it has already been spayed. Luckily, he maintains his adoption commitment and has made the payment. Thanks, Mr. Amir!

Rescue2Rehome was supposed to be there today but had a car breakdown during the journey, so unfortunately they could not make it. They will be there tomorrow with quite a number of cats.

Our legs have wasted away and I can barely feel mine after 10 hours of gruesome running around and regurgitating the same few sentences like a looping voice recording haha... Gonna go jump onto the bed now to recharge my low battery!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chin.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	70  

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-22-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:10 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Default Re: HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Event Completed!

Hi Everyone,

Finally the event has ended! Not bad a turnout today as well, though it did rain for a short while in the afternoon. Today we had more people at our booth, thanks to the really hard work that our team has put in - Kimmy, Chu Hang, Serene, Shan Hui, Sze Kaye, Alice, Carnea and Sherinna.

We had 10+ cats today, 3 from Alice and the rest from Rescue2Rehome. We were the booth that probably drew the most attention in the evening with all the cute kitties there! Although none of them were adopted on the spot, we've received many interested enquiries and we finished all 1,000 of our brochures today.

The nice Mr.Amir rushed here right after work to collect Mr.Chin (which, in a strange twist of events, was then finally determined as actually MALE - a double blunder haha!). He really loved the cat so much that he bought a RM50 kitty bag on the spot to carry him back home! We all had mixed feelings seeing Chin leave on Amir's motorbike... sad 'cause we were emotionally attached to this brave and adventurous kitty after 2 days of lepaking with him, but equally happy as we know he has found a good home.

We closed shop at about 7pm today, packing everything up and finally heaving a sigh of relief.. almost 40 hours of hard work over the past 3 days! Hopefully more people are now aware of PetFinder and that more pets can be saved in the future.

Thanks again to the wonderful work that all of you guys have put in. Aftermath: numb legs, coarse voice, dehydration, sore fingers, and lots of happy memories. Well done to all of us!

Here are some pics of the events, enjoy!

Our brochure, catalog and sweets for everyone!

Sze Kaye and Shan Hui promoting PetFinder at the booth

Serene hard at work

Cute merchandise at the SPCA booth

Carnea, Sherrina and Kim scanning the area for potential adopters

Booth with best catalogs goes to... WWF!

Cute kittens at our booth. I like the golden one with blue eyes!

A lot of people were attracted to this cat.

Two more on our showcase.

Chin Chin and his 2 buddies love hanging out underneath our table, nice and shady.

Our PetFinder team before closing shop and handing over Chin to his new owner.
From left: Chu Hang, Shan Hui, Andy Koh, Sze Kaye, Kim Xiaoyu and Alice Lim.

With our neighbours, the awesome SPCA team! (Notice Sze Kaye's new shirt?)

And our great newfound friends from the WWF team.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-22-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 12:21 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation
Default Re: HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Event Completed!

Good Job Guys!!

I am very proud of all of you who put so much effort into this project, especially our term leader Andy, the ultimate pet lover.. Shan Hui, don't get jealous ah? Andy loves ya too.. although a teeny weeny less than the cute pussy cats!

And sorry I couldn't make it. I had quite a number of important meetings over the weekend. Maybe next time, we can meet up eh?
Old 07-14-2008, 10:08 AM
Animal Lover

kimxiaoyu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kimxiaoyu

i look weird and funny in those pics! oh well, ugly is ugly..that's the fact LOL! AIYAAAAA..mypoon not there to take pics with US! :(

p/s:poonpoon next time come out yam cha kay?!!? lol..
Old 07-14-2008, 04:05 PM
PetFinder Buddy

mw_pon is on a distinguished road

i see my face ther also no need take pix lar...straight come out yum char better....too bad i miss da important part...but felt happy doing a good deed on sunday eventhougt very tired..i go back bath makan and tidur....hahaha.....