Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Latest News & Happenings > Events

Events Latest happenings and events pertaining to pets and animal welfare

Old 06-27-2008, 11:19 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

AndyKoh has disabled reputation
Thumbs up HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Cats & Volunteers Wanted!

Hi Everyone,

PetFinder will be taking up a booth at the coming HomeAPet Cat Adoption Drive, organized by Petster Magazine:

Event: HomeAPet 2008 - It's Meow Time!
Venue: Bukit Jalil Outdoor Stadium
Date: July 11 - 13, 2008
Time: 10am - 10pm
Parking: Car Park B

This event is held in conjunction with Bukit Jalil Outdoor Stadium's 10th anniversary, with other activities like Fun Fair Carnival, Car Drift Competition, Car Sales Carnival and Sports & Games.

Cool Cats Wanted!
We intend to make available our booth to rescuers that wish to showcase their cats, where they can seek adopters on the spot. A crowd of 40,000 - 60,000 is expected over the 3 days, so this is a great opportunity for you to get your rescued cats adopted! Unfortunately this party is only exclusive to felines, so the canines would have to wait haha..

For rescuers that are interested in showcasing your cats, please reply to this post and let me know your date and time of availibility, and the number of cats you wish to bring there. The booth is only of limited size - 10ft x 10ft, we might not be able to accomodate all pets at the same time, so we'll need to work out some shift schedule once we finalize the participants.

Volunteers Wanted!
We will be distributing flyers at the event, as well as present catalogs of pets for adoption to visitors and taking down details of people requesting further information. We would like to find some volunteers to assist us on these tasks - the more people and reach we have, the more lives we can save!

For volunteers interested in helping out, please reply to this post and let me know your date and time of availability, so we can work out a proper shift schedule. I believe majority of the traffic will be during the weekends, so we'll need more people on those 2 days.

Here's who's attending from Petfinder.my. List will be updated. (Andy, I moved your list here so it's easier to see at first glance)

Friday
Andy Koh
Kim XiaoYu (afternoon & night, tentative)

Saturday
Andy Koh
Sherrina K (Rescue2Rehome)
Cavey Yong & Friend (morning)
Kim XiaoYu (afternoon & night)
Khairul (afternoon, tentative)

Sunday
Andy Koh
Carnea Lee (Rescue2Rehome)
Serene Pon (morning)
Khairul (afternoon)

Awaiting Confirmation
Ai Ney
Ezer (Well, I'll be going whenever I can... it'll be a mystery.)

Thank you once again for your generous volunteering for the HomeAPet Cat Adoption Drive. You can park at Car Park B at the stadium, which is nearest to our booth area.

Here are a set of guidelines and procedures for the event, please go through and let me know if you have any questions. A copy of this will also be emailed to the confirmed volunteers.
  • Please look for Andy at the PetFinder booth once you arrive. I'll give you your Exhibitor name tag (Yes, we made the tags! And it has your name printed on it, for those that have earlier confirmed). If you are unable to make it or have a change in timing, please give me a call.
  • We will be distributing brochures to people around the area. Note that we only have a limited amount of 2,000 brochures for the entire event, so if you see a family, just give them one brochure; or if a group of friends, then just randomly give to one or two people. Target families with children - those are good prospects for adopting pets.
  • As you give out the brochure, ask whether the person is interested in adopting pets, and give a simple and attractive explanation of our PetFinder.my service (i.e., "Malaysia's largest online pet adoption service with hundreds of cute animals seeking adoption.").
  • If the person appears interested, tell him that he can instantly browse through a catalog of selected pets for adoption at our booth. I have prepared 3 sets of adoption catalogs containing brief info on each pet and the corresponding rescuer's phone number. The person can immediately call up the rescuer, or take note on any particular animals of interest and get further info from our website later on.
  • If the person is looking for a specific type of pet that is unavailable, he can fill in our simple enquiry form, leaving his contact info and details of the pet he is seeking, and we will get back to him once we have pets meeting his criteria.
  • Be prepared to repeat the same sentences and sales pitch a thousand times! By the end of the day, you'll be a smooth-talking animal-saving evangelist!
  • If the person has any further questions that you are not sure of how to answer, please refer him to me. If I am not around, you can give me a call directly to answer his enquiry.
  • Feel free to give a helping hand to our neighbouring SPCA booth as well and help them promote their kitties too! (I was just notified that PAWS can't make it for the event)

Let's also brainstorm on any other ideas/activities we can have to promote adoption and PetFinder.my!

To the animal lovers out there - please feel free to drop by and check out the event!

Attached is a brochure containing further information of the event.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeAPet_pg1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	182.6 KB
ID:	50   Click image for larger version

Name:	HomeAPet_pg2.JPG
Views:	223
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	51  

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-09-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:45 PM
PetFinder Buddy

mw_pon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Cats & Volunteers Wanted!

hi andy
is a good idea to make such adoption drive.....let ppl know ther is other option of getting a pet instead of buying....i will be free mostly on sat and sunday but prefer sunday as sat is my house cleaning day, laundry day, rocky bath time....so prefer sun morning shift...cos cooler....add me in....k
Old 06-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Animal Lover

kimxiaoyu is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to kimxiaoyu

count me in!! i'm living just opposite the stadium! hahaha.. maybe if got free time we can hang out around my house? LOL!!
Old 07-01-2008, 06:23 AM
CEO, EzerNET

Ezer has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimxiaoyu View Post
count me in!! i'm living just opposite the stadium! hahaha.. maybe if got free time we can hang out around my house? LOL!!
Well, another opportunity for all of us to 'hang out' and have some socializing while getting some good done! hehe..

Kim, ya, let's 'yam cha'.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:37 PM
Animal Lover

hahaha..sure! hope to meet more people here!! my animal_social_frens will ++++ lol!! :D
Old 07-01-2008, 11:25 PM
Petfinder Lifetime Member

kairul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to kairul Send a message via Skype™ to kairul
Thumbs up Re: HomeAPet Adoption Drive - Cats & Volunteers Wanted!

hi andy..i would like to lend my help in volunteering for the event. after all, I love cats..hehe..

I think I could help for the afternoon and evening shift for both Saturday and Sunday. but i could not confirm yet for saturday as i'm afraid that i would have classes on that day..but Sunday I'm in!

N to other animal lovers like me , I'm still a new guy here in petfinder, so do help me if I need help..hehe..

btw, my name is khairul, but people call me kai... ...

one question, we are free to wear any shirt right on that day?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:49 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hello Serene, Kim and Kai!

Great to hear from you guys and thank you so much for your generous volunteering!

To Kai: I'll include you for Sunday's afternoon and evening shift, and tentatively for Saturday as well pending your confirmation. Yup, you are free to wear anything to the event (as long as you wear something hehe!)

To Serene: Yours will be a Sunday morning shift as requested!

To Kimmy: Ahh... yours will be 12-hour slave shifts each day right? Hhaah.. ok ok I didn't forget, it's afternoons and nights of each day, unconfirmed for Friday though, right?

Myself: I think I'll be there from start till end for all 3 days! 36 hours, help!

I'm sure it'll be an interesting day for us there, especially the cat lovers that'll get to play with the lovely kitties throughout the day. And not to forget that there are also fun fair carnival, car drift competition, sports etc exciting events throughout the days!

Any rescuers here wishing to showcase their cats?

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-02-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 PM
Animal Lover

irisrenee is on a distinguished road

I am not very keen of cats but do inform me if there are similar drive for dogs pr other pets. I would like to be a volunteer. can you tell me what a volunteer can help?

iris
017-7201223
n_nmy@hotmail.com

contact me!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:32 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Iris, the adoption drive for dogs has just ended recently ended, held at Ikano. We'll keep you updated on any future events involving doggies!

Latest update: Carnea and her Rescue2Rehome team will be showcasing about 10 cats for adoption at our booth during the weekends. Any other interested rescuers, please get in touch with me to arrange the schedule accordingly.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 AM

andy, will volunteers get any nametags or tags or stuff like that? hehe ;p
Old 07-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Ah.. good idea, that completely slipped my mind (first time we're participating in such events, since PetFinder is just slightly over 2 months old!)

Not sure if I have enough time to prepare for that though, I'll see what we can do
Old 07-03-2008, 11:51 AM
PetFinder Buddy

pugsnmutts is on a distinguished road

mr founder...
i'd like to volunteer at this event... will let u know which 'shift' i can take later ya...
btw, will paws n spca be having their own booth?
Old 07-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hello Ms Professional Photographer, great to hear that you can make it, and thanks a lot for the new PAWS profiles!

Yup, PAWS & SPCA will both be there, as well as some pet-related merchants I believe.

Oh, and I am looking forward to playing at the Fun Fair Carnival there ahaha...
Old 07-03-2008, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Ah.. good idea, that completely slipped my mind (first time we're participating in such events, since PetFinder is just slightly over 2 months old!)

Not sure if I have enough time to prepare for that though, I'll see what we can do
i think simple one also can do...hehe..black and white also can what..hahaha...

nway, i am also looking fw to play at the fun carnival..best.. ;)
Old 07-04-2008, 09:09 AM
Animal Lover

Cavey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Cavey

This sounds interesting. I don't mind helping, if you still need volunteers that is. I got a friend interested too, though she's not a member of petfinder yet. That's ok, isn't it? We'll be available on Sun. Not too sure bout Sat yet.

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong. The main objectives for Pet Finder to be there are to promote pets adoption as well as Pet Finder, right? Just asking in case what I'm thinking is not in line with the objective

Thanks!

Cavey
Old 07-04-2008, 11:02 PM
Animal Lover

i'll be free for the 3 days.. afternoon till night shift.. HAHAHAHAHa.. i guess just buy some white stickers and use marker pens to draw our names and stick it on our shirt.. save cost making name tags LOL :D
Old 07-04-2008, 11:43 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Haha.. I asked the organizers already, they said no need any tags for this event as it's open exhibition.. but if I have time, maybe I'll prepare a few...

Cavey - thanks for volunteering! Yes, the more volunteers we have, the merrier it is! This HomeAPet event promotes adoption, and PetFinder is there to promote the pets listed here for adoption, raise awareness to the public of this alternative means of finding a pet, as well as assist rescuers in reaching out to the public during the event. Rescue2Rehome will be showcasing about 10 cats during the weekends at our booth.

So our volunteers will be involved in helping spread the word on pet adoption, and if we have extra resources, can even give a hand to the SPCA and PAWS booths there as well. Of course, not to forget having fun ourselves there at the fun fair
Old 07-05-2008, 12:42 PM

waa.. it's getting more n more excited..hehehe
Old 07-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Hi Guys,

Here is the tentative schedule of volunteers. I will likely be making a tag for those that have confirmed their attendance for at least 1 day.

Friday
Andy Koh
Kim XiaoYu (afternoon & night, tentative)

Saturday
Andy Koh
Cavey Yong & Friend (morning)
Khairul (afternoon, tentative)

Sunday
Andy Koh
Carnea Lee (Rescue2Rehome)
Serene Pon (morning)
Khairul (afternoon)

Awaiting Confirmation
Ai Ney
Ezer

For any people whose names are not here yet, or if you can give me a more definite schedule, please reply asap. Seems like we're understaffed on Friday eh haha might just be me alone, but then I don't foresee much traffic on that day itself.

Thanks again for all the generous volunteering!

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-09-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Founder, PetFinder.my

Dear Volunteers,

Thank you once again for your generous volunteering for the HomeAPet Cat Adoption Drive. You can park at Car Park B at the stadium, which is nearest to our booth area.

Here are a set of guidelines and procedures for the event, please go through and let me know if you have any questions. A copy of this will also be emailed to the confirmed volunteers.
  1. Please look for Andy at the PetFinder booth once you arrive. I'll give you your Exhibitor name tag (Yes, we made the tags! And it has your name printed on it, for those that have earlier confirmed). If you are unable to make it or have a change in timing, please give me a call.

2. We will be distributing brochures to people around the area. Note that we only have a limited amount of 2,000 brochures for the entire event, so if you see a family, just give them one brochure; or if a group of friends, then just randomly give to one or two people. Target families with children - those are good prospects for adopting pets.

3. As you give out the brochure, ask whether the person is interested in adopting pets, and give a simple and attractive explanation of our PetFinder.my service (i.e., "Malaysia's largest online pet adoption service with hundreds of cute animals seeking adoption.").

4. If the person appears interested, tell him that he can instantly browse through a catalog of selected pets for adoption at our booth. I have prepared 3 sets of adoption catalogs containing brief info on each pet and the corresponding rescuer's phone number. The person can immediately call up the rescuer, or take note on any particular animals of interest and get further info from our website later on.

5. If the person is looking for a specific type of pet that is unavailable, he can fill in our simple enquiry form, leaving his contact info and details of the pet he is seeking, and we will get back to him once we have pets meeting his criteria.

6. Be prepared to repeat the same sentences and sales pitch a thousand times! By the end of the day, you'll be a smooth-talking animal-saving evangelist!

7. If the person has any further questions that you are not sure of how to answer, please refer him to me. If I am not around, you can give me a call directly to answer his enquiry.

8. Feel free to give a helping hand to our neighbouring SPCA booth as well and help them promote their kitties too! (I was just notified that PAWS can't make it for the event)

Remember, our goal is to save as many homeless animals as possible and giving the poor, neglected pets better exposure, so let's do whatever it takes to find them nice, loving families!

It's gonna be hot, it's gonna be tiring, but what matters is that it's definitely gonna be satisfying and rewarding!

If you have any further guidelines or ideas to add, please let me know.

Last edited by AndyKoh; 07-09-2008 at 01:29 PM.