Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Animal Organizations & Societies > SPCA

SPCA All discussions and information related to the non-profit SPCA organization. SPCA is the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

mrsdolittle is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Kak Anum trapped animal you mean trapped in SPCA or trapped kat rmh/apartment??

Don't worry kak anum,though I don't show or canang the whole PF, I do my own rescue work and put the cats for adoption.
Of course, the animals in the shelter...the ones with caretakers arre never trapped... right?

...THE DAY I KNOW THE MEANING OF TRUE LOVE, LOYALTY, TRUST AND FRIENDSHIP...
...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-18-2009, 08:25 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
... Eoowwwwhhhhh!!!! Saya tidak dan tidak akan belanja kopiak kat orang kecuali dia pergi buat kerja cairkan hati keras orang dewasa keparat yg kefala batu with ZERO TOLERANCE FOR STRAYS tu ....

... and who actually believes that there should be ZERO STRAYS living amongst humans in our community (what the hell does she think she is? ... wait till she meets her Maker ...)

... like SPCA Hong Kong buat, for example, pergi buat Awareness Education Program kat Community areas utk memujuk that orang ramai that "ANIMALS ARE NEVER A NUISANCE ... THEY ARE CREATED BY GOD FOR US ... HUMANS ARE THE NUISANCE, THE VIRUS OF THE EARTH ... NEVER THE ANIMALS! ALL THEIR PROBLEMS ARE CREATED BY HUMANS AND BLAMED ON THEM! "

Tapi saya belanja dia nasik kerabu budu double boley kerana beliau berbesar hati utk menerima dan menyayangi si Scooby Boboy ... dan kini, Scooby Gugurl ...
Thats the thing Bro... we need you all to cooperate and lead us to these people... Let us do our job... instead of telling us ..we are not doing or taking any actions...

We have to work together... and may be there will be changes in all of the shelters... LETS NOT LIVE IN THE PAST... WE SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN THE NOW...

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Animal Lover

kimimaro84 is on a distinguished road

*hugs to kak mrsdolittle*
Old 04-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdolittle View Post
Thats the thing Bro... we need you all to cooperate and lead us to these people... Let us do our job... instead of telling us ..we are not doing or taking any actions...
Lead you to these people, Kak Anum? What do you mean ... they are everywhere in the community, my dear, every residential area you go they are there ... except behind the schoolkids' desks in the classroom ... that is why HK SPCA, etc goes to the community centres. Just fan out and go to the community centre committee la ... go talk to your counterpart in HK (via internet, its free, have your free conference call with them via the internet ...)

Quote:
We have to work together... and may be there will be changes in all of the shelters... LETS NOT LIVE IN THE PAST... WE SHOULD ALWAYS BE IN THE NOW......
Yes, be like the modern shelters which now condemn the cruel and inhumane act of killing of healthy animals, especially cats, disguised under the name of euthanasia, an act which is actually done in the interest of the shelter's operations so as to make room for new animals brought in and not actually done in the interest of the animals!

So Kak Anum is going to be the big change agent in SPCA Selangor to introduce and push through all the reforms, ya? No more killing and mindless destruction of healthy animals simply because they cannot get a human house address ... lots of adult education, and TNRs, ya? Great!

For the sake of the poor animals, we look forward to Kak Anum's aggressive adult community awareness education programs and TNRs from now on, ya?

Kak Anum to go on national TV every week to promote tolerance towards neutered strays living amongst us in the community and compassion towards animals, ya?
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies

Last edited by FurKids; 04-20-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:44 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
remind me of one phrase.chick buffer.u see,if 2 guys feel akward to hug each other,in between them there will be 1 girl act a as a buffer between the guy
Reminds me of Form 6 and university days when guys (especially those with extra "hormone production") would organise endless parties and live for the slow numbers when lights go off ... that is the only opportunity they get to squeeze the girls they had been fantasising about and the girls would not dare to make a scene out of being accused of being a bad sport ... or maybe they secretly enjoyed it all just as much ... heheheheee!!!!

At other times, those guys would have ended up with a shoe in their faces!

Me, I had a gorgeous teacher ...
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 04-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Of course, the animals in the shelter...the ones with caretakers arre never trapped... right?
What do you mean the strays never get trapped, Kak Anum? Evil 2-leggeds are every where ... food and bowls bought with $$$ from caregivers' own poket (not donations) get thrown away and trampled on simply because some "rezeki-lebih-murah" 2-legged deemed that strays should not be allowed to eat and should be starved to death and live a life of sufficient suffering .... even your Princess cannot be tied up outside your house in peace without funnies tampering around ...

... so what is there to stop these evil 2-leggeds and their monstrous kids from kicking them in the belly and throwing them into a vacant house to starve them to death, caregiver or no caregiver (who are even shorter on resources to conduct adult community awareness education programs towards a animal tolerant and compassionate society, in addition to all the current TNRs, feeding and medical treatment sdn. bhd.) ?

Anyway, how on earth do animals get trapped in SPCA? Don't put them on the death row for not having a human house address in the first place la ... why put all the trouble to rescue and then put them on death row even though they are all in the pink of health ... why bother to rescue at all except to be put to death ( I am especially talking about cats)?

To reduce the relenquishing and dumpings at SPCA, why don't you guys go besar-besaran and publish how many healthy strays you destroy each month ... stand on national TV and do that ... publish as many pictures of the cute healthy animals you destroy every day, week and month and believe me, you will see a great reduction of people handing over animals to SPCA (it is easy to kill a faceless person, but when you put a face to it, it is a different story ... there will be a lot of guilt) ... go tell upfront to anyone who brings in an animal to SPCA that ....% and most likely that very animal will be destroyed in ... to 7 days due to lack of room in the shelter. After that, the only people bringing in animals to SPCA will be the animal haters who really want to see the animals die ... and you will see for yourself who they are.

I have personally seen the U-turn in so many people (even kids) and neighbours when they get tired of caring for their animals and talk of sending them to SPCA. I asked them point blank whether they knew what actually happen to their animal in the shelter and their eyes go wide as saucers when they hear the astonishing and sad truth.

... and they immediately changed their minds and tried harder to continue to take care of the animals because they could not live with the animals' blood on their hands.

Animal lovers (even neutrals) will stop bringing in animals to SPCA, only the death wish ones will.

Last edited by FurKids; 04-20-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:34 PM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Kak Anum the truth is,kucing strays yg ada caregiver pun tak selamat dari kena trapped. dulu jiran2 saya bising pasal taik kucing sana sini (tp anjing2 pet durang berak sana sini kawasan apartment takde pula yg bising.betul2 double standard). so saya sediakan litter box utk durang.dah takde taik.durang diam sekejap.bila saya ksh mkn kucing dibawah rmh dekat main area pembuangan sampah durang bising sebab konon2 saya kasih kotor dgn kibbles dan lalat hurung. so saya pindahkan ke car park tempat kereta saya park.belakang kereta. A bit hidden org tak nampak.itu pun bising juga sebab kasih kotor tempat parking konon.saya dah hot,saya kata apa yg korang susah?? korang kasih bersihkah?? klu bukan kamu yg ksh bersih tutup mulut dan jgn byk komen. bottom line is,takde apa yg saya buat blh menyenangkan hati durang selagi stray ni ada kat kawasan rmh. 2 minggu lalu,kami buat meeting residents.80% hadir. dlm ramai2 tu,3 org je (termasuk my cat sitter punya family,Ms Yap my neighbour yg juga cat lovers and me) yg bersuara bg pihak strays kucing/anjing. yg lain suma oppose dgn perihal binatang. klu Kak Anum sudi,pihak SPCA blh dtg educate lembu2 kat sini utk diajar ttg strays.they are animals yg juga ada perasaan dan ciptaan Tuhan juga.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:36 AM
PetFinder Guru

bbpie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FurKids View Post
To reduce the relenquishing and dumpings at SPCA, why don't you guys go besar-besaran and publish how many healthy strays you destroy each month ... stand on national TV and do that ... publish as many pictures of the cute healthy animals you destroy every day, week and month and believe me, you will see a great reduction of people handing over animals to SPCA (it is easy to kill a faceless person, but when you put a face to it, it is a different story ... there will be a lot of guilt) ... go tell upfront to anyone who brings in an animal to SPCA that ....% and most likely that very animal will be destroyed in ... to 7 days due to lack of room in the shelter. After that, the only people bringing in animals to SPCA will be the animal haters who really want to see the animals die ... and you will see for yourself who they are.
i look forward to seeing this one day. kadang2 when i see ade coverage on spca on tv..i do get a little dissapointed that no one would want to talk about TNR, the responsibility of owning a pet n such..nothing. often terpikir juga..why no aggresive promo on this subject, macam org takut nak discuss in open. why?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:58 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
i look forward to seeing this one day. kadang2 when i see ade coverage on spca on tv..i do get a little dissapointed that no one would want to talk about TNR, the responsibility of owning a pet n such..nothing. often terpikir juga..why no aggresive promo on this subject, macam org takut nak discuss in open. why?
HK SPCA says this on their website:

At the HK SPCA, we strongly believe that all feral cats deserve our compassion and protection, and that there are humane, effective ways to control their populations. We support the efforts of compassionate caregivers who are working hard to make life better for feral cats. Many people in our city complain about these cats, but simply killing them is not the answer to reducing their numbers. In recognising this, we have introduced an animal birth control programme, the HKSPCA Cat Colony Care Programme to provide FREE spay/neuter surgery for our ferals.

Cats on the streets are a community problem.

Animals are living creatures which like humans, are able to feel pain, hunger and thirst. We should not inflict any suffering upon our fellow creatures just because they can't speak.

Our aims are "to promote kindness and to prevent or suppress cruelty to animals."

Our mission through the millennium is " To promote kindness to animals, to protect their health and welfare, to prevent cruelty and
through education, to inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony."

Although we are the first Charity in Hong Kong to deal with all aspects of animal welfare, we obtain very little support from the Government. The Society therefore, has to struggle constantly to continue its work.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
... and from here we can all see that although HK SPCA has had to struggle constantly (who doesn't?) to continue its good work among the community, they have reaped sweet fruits of success because its community have started to developed a tolerance and acceptance towards the managed colonies of neutered strays (cats and dogs) living amongst them, respecting other life forms created by God instead of resorting to killing every stray in sight.

HK SPCA has deemed the killing of healthy animals (which they also used to do in order to make room for new animals brought into their shelter) as cruel and inhumane.

As their aggressive community education programs and TNR efforts continued, they have managed to successfully control and reduce the strays population in a compassionate and humane way and they no longer needed to kill off healthy strays in their shelters and dumping of animals also has been reduced greatly.

It is indeed a great and inspiring success story ... a BIG win for animal welfare!

Last edited by FurKids; 04-21-2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:20 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbpie View Post
dear all

Documentary on stray dogs will be on air on 17 April(this week) and 20 to 24 April(next week)

at TV1 at 12.20pm to 12.30pm

Episod 1 17.04.09 debate on inhumane dog catching methods

Episod 2 20.04.09 Condition of dog pounds and humane way of putting dogs into sleep

Episod3 21.04.09 Animal cruelty and enforcement of animal act 1953

Episod4 22.04.09 Dr.Dogs program in Kajang Rumah Amal and pledge to Msia government on animal welfare

Episod5 23.04.09 Neuter services at Clinic Kembiri SPCA and importance of strays population control

Episod6 24.04.09 Can Malaysia apply Capture -Neuter-Release method on strays?Some debates.

The TV program is in mandarin but interviews maintain its original languages.

Thank you very much for your precious input and time.

Best

Chou

RTM galeri mandarin producer.

Also Watch The Friskies Show every Saturday, TV3 12.30 pm - 1.00 pm. The show has been on air since March 21st 2009...

Dear all,

Its easier to make complaints and asking questions to others than finding and knowing the real thing.

Therefore my dear friends, please by all means do your part in helping the animals... Isn't that better than "WHINING" and wasting time pointing fingers? Don't you realize the time could be used saving these creatures?

Do you guys know that SPCA HONG KONG will only take in "SELECTED ANIMALS" (the easier ones to be adopted... probably PEDIGREE)? Do you know that this is the reason why HONG KONG DOG RESCUERS exist? To take in the non good looking animals...Unlike SPCA Ampang, we take in all sort of animals (cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters...).

I do believe that the next thing you guys will be telling me... yeah... its all because of the donation and surrender monies we are taking in?

Can you guys actually BE FOCUSED on the real issue here? DO YOU GUYS WANT TO BE PART OF "THE HUMAN WHO REALLY WANTS TO LEND A HAND AND HELP THE ANIMALS"?

The answers is in your hand.... If you think that we are not doing or even trying to do something good for these animals in SPCA Ampang, than do something about it... HELP!!! Thats the answer... If you can't help, SO STOP DESTROYING THE REPUTATION... INSTEAD OF TOO MUCH QUESTIONS... WHY NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE.... IT WOULD BE REALLY GOOD...

WHY NOT THINK AND ACT POSITIVE?

Don't you guys think by giving "unintentional negative comment" will make people wanna change for the better? Does this going to help? Do you think so?

If you guys think "we" can't make you change your mind set... what made you think we can make you?

See guys... what goes around comes around... Why not be positive and help out? I am not forcing anyone of you... but just give it a thought before answering to all my questions.

I am only a person who is trying my very best to help the animals... Nothing more... That's my main mission. I may not be able to change everything overnight... Its impossible... But at least I am giving it a go instead of siting and doing nothing... ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS...

Dear all, me too have my own MINI SHELTER at home with 14 dogs and 10 cats. Think of the cost.... dogs especially. Do you think it doesn't cost money?

So people, if you wanna help go ahead (if you think its the right thing to do) but if you feel there's no point in HELPING THE ANIMALS AT THE SHELTERS... its too bad and defeat the purpose of calling ourselves AN ANIMAL LOVERS...

THE CHOICE IS YOURS....

...TIGER IN MEMORY...

Last edited by mrsdolittle; 04-21-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:47 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by june View Post
kak anum the truth is,kucing strays yg ada caregiver pun tak selamat dari kena trapped. Dulu jiran2 saya bising pasal taik kucing sana sini (tp anjing2 pet durang berak sana sini kawasan apartment takde pula yg bising.betul2 double standard). so saya sediakan litter box utk durang.dah takde taik.durang diam sekejap.bila saya ksh mkn kucing dibawah rmh dekat main area pembuangan sampah durang bising sebab konon2 saya kasih kotor dgn kibbles dan lalat hurung. So saya pindahkan ke car park tempat kereta saya park.belakang kereta. A bit hidden org tak nampak.itu pun bising juga sebab kasih kotor tempat parking konon.saya dah hot,saya kata apa yg korang susah?? Korang kasih bersihkah?? Klu bukan kamu yg ksh bersih tutup mulut dan jgn byk komen. Bottom line is,takde apa yg saya buat blh menyenangkan hati durang selagi stray ni ada kat kawasan rmh. 2 minggu lalu,kami buat meeting residents.80% hadir. Dlm ramai2 tu,3 org je (termasuk my cat sitter punya family,ms yap my neighbour yg juga cat lovers and me) yg bersuara bg pihak strays kucing/anjing. Yg lain suma oppose dgn perihal binatang. Klu kak anum sudi,pihak spca blh dtg educate lembu2 kat sini utk diajar ttg strays.they are animals yg juga ada perasaan dan ciptaan tuhan juga.
do you think we should be passing the fliers to your neighborhood?

We are willing to help as long as we are welcome... You can let me know your place?

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:49 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro84 View Post
*hugs to kak mrsdolittle*
Dear Kimimaro,

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 11:51 AM
PetFinder Guru

melmel is on a distinguished road

my rescued cat - Titi ?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:53 AM
PetFinder Guru

lynielime is on a distinguished road

mrs dolittle, you are soooo awesome!! absolutely love everything you have to say and i totally appreciate your efforts! i'm so tired of arguing with certain people in this forum and what you say perfectly encapsulates how i feel. thanks for showing people that spca is not doing nothing.. they have no idea how much is done there everyday because they don't bother to find out.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Animal Lover

June is on a distinguished road
Default Spca ampang in need of more adopters...

Saya dok Tmn Shamelin Perkasa dekat dgn Sekolah Sri Bintang Selatan dan Utara.kat situ ada Arena Shamelin Apartment, Shamelin Bistari Apartment dan Bustan Shamelin Apartment.

Quote:

We are willing to help as long as we are welcome... You can let me know your place?
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:
... Therefore my dear friends, please by all means do your part in helping the animals... Isn't that better than "WHINING" and wasting time pointing fingers? Don't you realize the time could be used saving these creatures?
Kak Anum, stop whining, we are about the Adult Community Education Program like HK SPCA is doing to "inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony" ... start with Taman Shamelin Perkasa, Cheras, kay?
Quote:
Do you guys know that SPCA HONG KONG will only take in "SELECTED ANIMALS" (the easier ones to be adopted... probably PEDIGREE)? Do you know that this is the reason why HONG KONG DOG RESCUERS exist? To take in the non good looking animals...Unlike SPCA Ampang, we take in all sort of animals (cats, dogs, rabbits, hamsters...).
Kak Anum, we are talking about their successful managed stray colonies living among the community and their Adult Community Education Program to "inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony" ... so the community understand that it is not OK to kill off every stray in sight.
Quote:
...I do believe that the next thing you guys will be telling me... yeah... its all because of the donation and surrender monies we are taking in?

Can you guys actually BE FOCUSED on the real issue here? DO YOU GUYS WANT TO BE PART OF "THE HUMAN WHO REALLY WANT TO LEND A HAND AND HELP THE ANIMALS"?
Help what, Anum? Help you kill off the healthy strays that are unable to obtain a human house address and not allowed to live among the community? Thanks, but no thanks, Kak Anum.
Quote:
The answers is in your hand.... If you think that we are not doing or even trying to do something good for these animals in SPCA Ampang, than do something about it... HELP!!!
That's what we have been doing ... so that they may live among us in the community without harassment simply because they are not good looking enuf to get a human house address ...
Quote:
WHY NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE.... IT WOULD BE REALLY GOOD... WHY NOT THINK AND ACT POSITIVE?
Walk the talk, Num ... view things positively, stop whining, if your HK counterpart can do it, so can you ...
Quote:
Dear all, me too have my own MINI SHELTER at home with 14 dogs and 10 cats. Think of the cost.... dogs especially. Do you think it doesn't cost money?]
Num, your number is small, many IPRs have much, much more than you ... of course we know it costs $$, all from our not so deep pockets, sdn. bhd ....

... Anumm make sure you neuter every single one of them (I remember you haven't done all your cats and they are still multiplying) and that will be your managed stray colony with yourself as caregiver ... in addition to that, you will still need the local SPCA to spearhead and do the Adult Community Education Program in your area like in HK to promote compassion and tolerance towards your managed stray colony among your neighbours just like is urgently needed everywhere else otherwise their lives (above the number "2") are still under threat every single day.
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
PetFinder Guru

bbpie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
dear all

Documentary on stray dogs will be on air on 17 April(this week) and 20 to 24 April(next week)

at TV1 at 12.20pm to 12.30pm

Episod 1 17.04.09 debate on inhumane dog catching methods

Episod 2 20.04.09 Condition of dog pounds and humane way of putting dogs into sleep

Episod3 21.04.09 Animal cruelty and enforcement of animal act 1953

Episod4 22.04.09 Dr.Dogs program in Kajang Rumah Amal and pledge to Msia government on animal welfare

Episod5 23.04.09 Neuter services at Clinic Kembiri SPCA and importance of strays population control

Episod6 24.04.09 Can Malaysia apply Capture -Neuter-Release method on strays?Some debates.

The TV program is in mandarin but interviews maintain its original languages.

Thank you very much for your precious input and time.

Best

Chou

RTM galeri mandarin producer.

Also Watch The Friskies Show every Saturday, TV3 12.30 pm - 1.00 pm. The show has been on air since March 21st 2009...

Dear all,

Its easier to make complaints and asking questions to others than finding and knowing the real thing.

Therefore my dear friends, please by all means do your part in helping the animals... Isn't that better than "WHINING" and wasting time pointing fingers? Don't you realize the time could be used saving these creatures?

I do believe that the next thing you guys will be telling me... yeah... its all because of the donation and surrender monies we are taking in?

Can you guys actually BE FOCUSED on the real issue here? DO YOU GUYS WANT TO BE PART OF "THE HUMAN WHO REALLY WANTS TO LEND A HAND AND HELP THE ANIMALS"?

The answers is in your hand.... If you think that we are not doing or even trying to do something good for these animals in SPCA Ampang, than do something about it... HELP!!! Thats the answer... If you can't help, SO STOP DESTROYING THE REPUTATION... INSTEAD OF TOO MUCH QUESTIONS... WHY NOT DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT? IT WOULD BE REALLY NICE.... IT WOULD BE REALLY GOOD...

WHY NOT THINK AND ACT POSITIVE?

Don't you guys think by giving "unintentional negative comment" will make people wanna change for the better? Does this going to help? Do you think so?

If you guys think "we" can't make you change your mind set... what made you think we can make you?

See guys... what goes around comes around... Why not be positive and help out? I am not forcing anyone of you... but just give it a thought before answering to all my questions.

I am only a person who is trying my very best to help the animals... Nothing more... That's my main mission. I may not be able to change everything overnight... Its impossible... But at least I am giving it a go instead of siting and doing nothing... ACTION SPEAKS LOUDER THAN WORDS...

Dear all, me too have my own MINI SHELTER at home with 14 dogs and 10 cats. Think of the cost.... dogs especially. Do you think it doesn't cost money?

So people, if you wanna help go ahead (if you think its the right thing to do) but if you feel there's no point in HELPING THE ANIMALS AT THE SHELTERS... its too bad and defeat the purpose of calling ourselves AN ANIMAL LOVERS...

THE CHOICE IS YOURS....
why do u keep saying we r whining n pointing fingers? arent we here discussing the options available? u keep saying, spca needs helps bla bla bla..ppl r giving feedbacks here, is that not helping? n number of them are helping the animals in their own way as well.

does this mean if d ppl xpigi sane they are considered as not helpful? m sorry ive been following the thread n i still dont understand why is it that u keep saying ppl point fingers at spca etc etc

i still do look forward to a more aggresive campaign for xkira sape pun, as long as d message goes tru, dr bandar ke seme ulu in malaysia kalu bule. not necessarily from spca (walau it would b a good place to start). mayb someone els will b able to explain ni lebih elok, m not very good in writing my tots..
Old 04-21-2009, 11:58 AM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKoh View Post
Great... let's give each other a big hug and squeeze till we're out of breath and gasping for air... tmorrow is PetFinder's birthday and it's time for us all to put aside our differences and celebrate the success our hardworking community has achieved in finding homes for 1,200 animals!

I know that a lot of you guys, especially the rescuers, are putting in a lot of hard work behind the scenes, and certainly deserve our deepest respect and appreciation. *Salute*
Dear Andy,

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:02 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimimaro84 View Post
Heres something for everybody

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It is a very mean and nasty place and it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. Now, if you know what you're worth, then go out and get what you're worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain't where you are because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that and that ain't you. You're better than that!
-Rocky Balboa-

May be another one, but very short and simple:

"PERSISTENT WORK TRIUMPHS" - Virgil

and "INCHES MAKE CHAMPIONS" - Vince Lombardi

...TIGER IN MEMORY...
Old 04-21-2009, 12:07 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

Quote:

Num, make sure you have fliers to inspire in the community a deep respect for life so that all living creatures may live together in harmony, that it is alright for strays not to have a human house address and that it is not alright to dump it, hurt or kill it simply because it is a poor stray, that it has a right to good food and clean water, that it is not alright to harass June and co for feeding and caring for it, not ok to throw away or trample on her expensive BW kibbles earned with her blood sweat and tears, not ok to throw away her food and water bowls also bought with her hard earned $$ through her blood sweat and tears, that it is not ok to pick up the poor kittens and lock them in an empty house and starve them to death simply becos they were too young and didn't know better, probably had stomach upset and messed up the corridors, etc. etc.