Go

Go Back   PetFinder.my > Pet Welfare, Rescue & Adoption > Rescuers & Fosterers

Rescuers & Fosterers For rescuers and fosterers, the true heroes of PetFinder.my

Old 08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur_illiyana View Post
I baru dapat tengok gambar Egeh, boleh i tanya?
Selain poo dan pee melekat kt furr Egeh, dia ada health problem lain ke?yang memungkin kat PAWS put to sleep Egeh?
Yana, kat shelter tu yg so very short of space, funds and resources where even yg lebih lawa, healthier dan lower maintenance daripada Egeh bulu panjang tu terpaksa dibunuh kerana keadaan terdesak to make space for the newcomers, apa tah lagi si Egeh ... I have seen nicer, better condition cats than Egeh dibinasakan.

Like Maneki Neko, I mourn the beautiful (to me) faceless DSHes which lost their lives because their handicap had been due to the fact that their fur had not been long enough. And I do not deny that many DLH suffer too.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-30-2010, 03:26 PM
PetFinder Guru

Nur_illiyana is on a distinguished road

thanks for the reply FK..
i nak tanya health condition Egeh sebenarnya..
i rasa kalau kita nak convince orang untuk foster Egeh, kita kena bagi tahu potential fosterer ni pasal keadaan kesihatan Egeh sekarang.
Maksud sy Egeh ni ada flu ke, skin infection ke..
Old 08-30-2010, 03:32 PM
PetFinder Guru

MidnightMaiden is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maneki Neko View Post
I would like to ask that we all take a moment and say a prayer for the thousands of DSH cats who die every year -- either as strays, or euthanised in overcrowded shelters -- and die unnoticed and unmourned. My heart goes out to all of them.
Old 08-30-2010, 04:01 PM
PetFinder Guru

nur azua is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to nur azua

salam..baru je bace thread ni..tak sangka pulak egeh dh dihantar ke PAWS..kesian.anyway,tak patut kot dia dihantar ke sana..owner bz? ini bukan alasan yg kukuh..kan ramai je orang nak adopt egeh dlm profile dia tu..tapi owner pulak yang tak nak kasik, last3 hantar dekat PAWS..

btw, nak juga tahu..macam yana cakap..ape sebab utama egeh nak kene PTS? tak kan sebab ruang, kotor & etc je PAWS leh PTS any cats? hm..kalau betol pasal tu..kesian sungguh...

hopefully sape3 pon yang leh keluarkan egeh dari tempat tu..sila la tolong..bawak egeh keluar..maybe kita tak dapat nak selamatkan ribuan kucing yang asalnya kucing rumah tapi last3 jadi stray or dihantar ke pusat3 macam PAWS ni..tapi dengan selamatkan egeh, ni mungkin akan jd 1 titik permulaan untuk selamatkan yang lain..hopefully...aminnn

egeh & kucing3 yang lain yang ada ditempat begitu, sila bertabah ye sayang..kuatkan diri..jangan putus asa..ramai lagi yang sayang kamu semua..
Old 08-30-2010, 04:13 PM
Pets Are NOT Disposable

FurKids is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nur_illiyana View Post
thanks for the reply FK..
i nak tanya health condition Egeh sebenarnya..
i rasa kalau kita nak convince orang untuk foster Egeh, kita kena bagi tahu potential fosterer ni pasal keadaan kesihatan Egeh sekarang.
Maksud sy Egeh ni ada flu ke, skin infection ke..
Yana, poor Egeh is a non-vaccinated cat and has been put into a shelter.

In the shelter, she stands the risk of being exposed to infections and sicknesses common in a shelter environment. Even if she had received the 4-core vaccinations, there are other infections not covered by the 4-core vaccine.

It is too early to tell apart from the cerit-berit or any flu symptoms seen as these are common symptoms brought about by many, many different causes. I only pray that Egeh has not picked up anything serious, but her stressed condition is not helping her. You will just have to wait till the incubation of sickness has passed (or if she is not killed or die on her own before then).

That is one reason why after putting Egeh into PAWS, the ignorant woman owner complained that potential adopters stopped calling.
"We organized in the past to make Trap-Neuter-Return possible. Today, we organize to make Trap-Neuter-Return the norm and to end the unnecessary killing of cats in animal shelters across the country and provide humane care." - Alley Cat Allies
Old 08-30-2010, 09:56 PM
was a cat before

azmyrax is on a distinguished road

Hello n hi all, so yeah regarding Egeh's health condition, i will just quote whatever PAWS office told me. They said normally if cats in such horrible condition they 'won't make it through' and sometimes they will PTS. PAWS asked me to come on mon-thursday to talk to the vet and discuss the condition with the vet. You see, there were many many other cats, almost all cages were occupied with bright healthy faces, so i think sick cats would notmake it through. FYI, Egeh was put on the same cage with another persian cat with runny poo and vomitting as well. Previous owner of Egeh did not vaccinate Egeh..so you can do the calculation yourself just how long she will survive in an unhomely environment
Old 08-31-2010, 02:19 PM
PetFinder Buddy

AleenAim is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmyrax View Post
Salam and hello all, the reason why I put up this thread is not to embarrass any sides at all. My concern is only about this cat, Egeh.

Egeh was put up for adoption as you can see on this link:
http://www.petfinder.my/pets/13565/
Due to her Persian mix breed, she’s very popular and many people wanted to adopt her. However, due to time constraint, the owner decided to send Egeh to PAWS instead.

I was talking to Midnightmaiden and we shared our concerns about Egeh’s wellbeing. As Midnightmaiden is out of town last Sunday, I decided to pay Egeh a visit at PAWS on our behalf. What I found was shocking, she has got poo and pee all over her legs and behind. She can’t walk. She’s got vomit on her chin. Her face looks very sad.

I went to the office to see when will Egeh be put up for adoption. The office said that with that condition, Egeh might NOT make it. Or if her condition is bad, they have no choice but to put her to sleep. However, the office encouraged me to come on weekdays when the vet is at PAWS so that I can talk to the vet and see her condition.

If Egeh made it through, she will be spayed after her health has improved. Then only she will be put up for adoption. This being said, it will take roughly about 2weeks (that is if she’s got better). Her adoption fee will be RM150.

Come on all, let’s help Egeh. Give us suggestion on how to help Egeh find a loving home

These are the latest photos of Egeh

there got pee and poo all over her legs

that is Egeh's cage. and that's me on the phone with midnightmaiden

I brightened up the pic so that you can see the condition, she's all wet and sitting on her own pee and poo

vomit on her chin
i br jer buka treat nie,tp i da nanges leleh nie..kesian sgt kt egeh..mest dia m'derita kt situ smpai camtu sekali keadaan dia..i hope owner dia menyesal bila tgk pic dia..i kalau nk tlg sikit-sikit blhla..lgpn kt rumah ada 6 ekor DLH...muka EGEH mmg t'pancar kesedihan..x sanggup i tgk...kesian sgt
kengkawan,jomla kte sama2 tlg kluarkan egeh dr tempat tu...kita watla donation untuk kluarkan egeh dr situ...
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 PM
was a cat before

Since today merdeka cuti, and PAWS closed every wednesday. So if anyone wants to go, can go to PAWS starting on thursday, it opens from 12 to 4 pm.

I cannot go on weekdays, I can only go on weekends

Anyone going before weekends? I just need updates,risaunyaaa
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 PM
PetFinder Guru

any update on Egeh?
Old 09-02-2010, 07:47 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by nur azua View Post
any update on Egeh?
I am working on weekdays, I can only go during weekend, so yeah Im going this Saturday kot to see her. Nobody has visited Egeh yet, so no updates so far. But if anybody has gone to PAWS, can you guys please put the latest news here?
Old 09-03-2010, 10:32 AM
was a cat before

Hi all, I am going to see Egeh tomorrow. If you want to help in anything at all, Egeh will appreciate it. If I can ask them to release Egeh tomorrow, I will take Egeh for a thorough check up, so if you want to contribute monetary help, please PM me A.S.A.P
Old 09-03-2010, 10:57 AM
was a cat before

I would like to dedicate this song to Egeh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us-TVg40ExM
Old 09-03-2010, 05:27 PM
PetFinder Guru

Quote:
Hi all, I am going to see Egeh tomorrow. If you want to help in anything at all, Egeh will appreciate it. If I can ask them to release Egeh tomorrow, I will take Egeh for a thorough check up, so if you want to contribute monetary help, please PM me A.S.A.P
wah..hopefully egeh leh keluar dari tempat tu..nak contribute money, memang tak ada..so, doa jela so that egeh selamat keluar dari situ dengan awk..
Old 09-05-2010, 05:33 AM
Animal Lover

Oshyn is on a distinguished road

Sedihnye! marah+geram pun ader jugak.... knp la prev owner tu hntr kat PAWS sdgkan rmai petlovers kat cni yg at least bole foster Egeh in the mean time nak cri potential adopter. but bnde da jadi, hrp2 sgt Egeh will make it! I pray for her to hold on and get better soon supaya die boleh di spay and di bawak keluar....
Old 09-05-2010, 04:58 PM
was a cat before

Unhappy Re: Let's help Egeh :)

Hello all, so i went to see Egeh yesterday (saturday) morning. I talked to someone at PAWS office and asked him if i can take Egeh out. Sternly, he said i cant take her out. The conversation went like this lebih kurang:

Azmyrax: hi, i would like to adopt a cat here. The thing is, she is not yet ready for adoption.

Paws: then, u cant take it out! It's not ready yet!

Azmyrax: yes i understand that all animals must be castrated before they can be released. It's just that i feel that this cat needs medical attention asap. i want to take her to the vet then once it got better i can take her here for spaying.

Paws:what makes you think your vet is any better than my vets?!! I have three certified vets!!

Azmyrax: (teary eyes) i understand, but looking at her condition, im scared
she wont make it.im not saying that ur vets are not good, what im trying to do is to get her help asap

Paws: i cant do anything! The system is like that! Did i invent the system?! No! If everyone comes here like you, how am i going to run this place?!!!!

Azmyrax: i understand abo...

Paws: if u understand, u wont be asking this!

Azmyrax: yes, but i dont want this particular cat to die. You see she was abandoned by her owner...

Paws: ive got over 200 cats here and if everyone comes in like this, tell me how am i going to run this place?!

Azmyrax: yes but i dont want her to die

Paws: if that's the sacrifice that needs to be made in order to keep the system, then let a cat die!

Azmyrax: i understand about the system but saving this cat means a lot to me. U wouldnt want to sacrifice a cat that means a lot to me would you?

Paws: I WOULD!

Azmyrax:(speechless and started to cry and left the office)
Old 09-05-2010, 11:25 PM
nyan nyan :3

rawr2buny is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to rawr2buny

Quote:
Hello all, so i went to see Egeh yesterday (saturday) morning. I talked to someone at PAWS office and asked him if i can take Egeh out. Sternly, he said i cant take her out. The conversation went like this lebih kurang:

Azmyrax: hi, i would like to adopt a cat here. The thing is, she is not yet ready for adoption.

Paws: then, u cant take it out! It's not ready yet!

Azmyrax: yes i understand that all animals must be castrated before they can be released. It's just that i feel that this cat needs medical attention asap. i want to take her to the vet then once it got better i can take her here for spaying.

Paws:what makes you think your vet is any better than my vets?!! I have three certified vets!!

Azmyrax: (teary eyes) i understand, but looking at her condition, im scared
she wont make it.im not saying that ur vets are not good, what im trying to do is to get her help asap

Paws: i cant do anything! The system is like that! Did i invent the system?! No! If everyone comes here like you, how am i going to run this place?!!!!

Azmyrax: i understand abo...

Paws: if u understand, u wont be asking this!

Azmyrax: yes, but i dont want this particular cat to die. You see she was abandoned by her owner...

Paws: ive got over 200 cats here and if everyone comes in like this, tell me how am i going to run this place?!

Azmyrax: yes but i dont want her to die

Paws: if that's the sacrifice that needs to be made in order to keep the system, then let a cat die!

Azmyrax: i understand about the system but saving this cat means a lot to me. U wouldnt want to sacrifice a cat that means a lot to me would you?

Paws: I WOULD!

Azmyrax:(speechless and started to cry and left the office)
alaaaaaaaa *sigh* I can truly understand that they need to obey whatever policies/rules they have tapi, we're trying to help. bukan ke ringan sikit beban diorang if ada orang betul nak tolong.. 'I WOULD!'? kejamnyee cara die cakap tu

the PAWS person tu staff ke? huhu :3 btw how's Egeh? any better?
Old 09-06-2010, 12:54 AM
Animal Lover

addison is on a distinguished road

Ya Allah, sayunya pandangan egeh... x sangka mcm ni jadi kat dia. mmg ada terpandang iklan for adoption egeh ni... x dpt bygkan betapa sedihnya dia, previous owner dia buat mcm ni. i perasan owner dia update status dari adoption tukar send ke PAWS lepas sorang tegur dia, u nak bagi adoption sbb egeh ni injured ke?
mmg sayu sangat pandangan egeh... (sambil lagu Namunku Punya Hati menyanyi2 dalam hati)
Old 09-06-2010, 08:37 AM
was a cat before

Quote:
Originally Posted by addison View Post
Ya Allah, sayunya pandangan egeh... x sangka mcm ni jadi kat dia. mmg ada terpandang iklan for adoption egeh ni... x dpt bygkan betapa sedihnya dia, previous owner dia buat mcm ni. i perasan owner dia update status dari adoption tukar send ke PAWS lepas sorang tegur dia, u nak bagi adoption sbb egeh ni injured ke?
mmg sayu sangat pandangan egeh... (sambil lagu Namunku Punya Hati menyanyi2 dalam hati)
Hi addison, i bukan nak bagi adoption kat Egeh. The story is quite long, so just refer balik to first thread. Kesian sangat kat Egeh
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 AM
PetFinder Guru

Myra,

I no rezeki jumpa Egeh!!!! My car was hit late Sat night so whole of yesterday was spent going to police station etc and i'm without car.
Nothing serious though.

I checked out Eve's profile again, at the off chance that *maybe,* being the previous owner, she could talk to PAWS about releasing Egeh or something. But she has deleted her mobile number which was previously there. Anybody had a chance to copy down her number before she removed it?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:08 AM
PetFinder Guru

Oh I think addison means, she noticed that the owner sent Egeh to PAWS after somebody asked the owner "u nak bagi (Egeh) for adoption sbb egeh ni injured ke?"